IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

Don't worry everyone, the players will be doing interviews over the next few days telling us how everything is ok, they're up for it and Gareth is fine. 

Oh, and possibly some more criticism of ex players telling them some truth.

• Like 1

Glad I missed tonight. Said it after the first game. Saying it again. Sack him now.

Euro final or not (which we should have won.) He’s quite possibly one of the worse English managers of all time.

He just doesn’t get it nor has the tactical understanding of football.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No he picked up the injury in November. His form in the second half of the season for Real was not as good as a result. 

Bottom line is it's clear he's far from fully fit. And rumour is Kane is playing with injections in his back. 

Handy excuse I suppose

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

On a serious note, the subs did improve it a bit. Fully expect none of them to start the next game.

The annoying thing is that pretty much everyone has been saying he should play Mainoo and Palmer, and to a lesser extent Gordon. Lo and behold, it turns out they improved the performance

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Why did Denmark finish 2nd?

England go through as group winners.

Denmark finish second with Slovenia third - both sides go through.

They finished level on points, goal difference, goals scored and disciplinary record (6-6 on yellow cards).

The next tie breaker was who had the best qualifying record - and Denmark finished above Slovenia - coincidentally in the same qualifying group - on head-to-head record, after both sides finished qualifying on the same amount of points too.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

The similarities between the national team and Bristol City are uncanny.

Based on another inept England performance, I think it’s fair to say the following apply to the national team as much as the City -   pedestrian, predictable, cautious, lacking creativity and urgency and ideas and pace, unable to break down a defensive block, sloppy with the ball at times, struggle to score frustrating and boring.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Kane thinks we played better than the last two games , deluded millionaires with nothing to play for unfortunately 

Sorry I don't really buy that as an excuse. There are plenty of millionaire players who are playing brilliantly in this tournament

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We beat Serbia (3 points), then drew with Denmark and Slovenia (2 points).

3 dreadful performances.

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

To be fair, when Palmer came on he woke up

Ah, my bad. So what he meant was - the last 29 minutes we were better than the first 2 games and 71 minutes of this one. Blimey. He's right.

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Based on another inept England performance, I think it’s fair to say the following apply to the national team as much as the City -   pedestrian, predictable, cautious, lacking creativity and urgency and ideas and pace, unable to break down a defensive block, sloppy with the ball at times, struggle to score frustrating and boring.

I remember thinking the same watching that Iceland game. It must be the new progressive way

Edited by exAtyeoMax

5 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Kane thinks that was much better than the first two games, it was Slovenia and we drew 0-0 😂they’ve never won a Euros game in their entire history ffs 

Still haven't.

• Confused 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Slovenia not even through yet and celebrating like a World Cup win. Mainoo has to start next game. Other than that it was like watching City trying to break a team down.

Error, Slovenia are through!! Worst group at any tournament ever.

But are Foden and Bellingham as good as the players around them? Foden's a world beater with Man city players around him, similarly Bellingham playing for Dortmund and Real Madrid is far better.

1 minute ago, Midred said:

But are Foden and Bellingham as good as the players around them? Foden's a world beater with Man city players around him, similarly Bellingham playing for Dortmund and Real Madrid is far better.

Wonder who the common denominator is. 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Bellingham has been very poor last two games, deserves to be dropped, he looks knackered 

I thought we played alright, better than the other two group games imho.

Thought there was better movement, just didn’t quite manifest itself in chances.  We won a tonne of loose ball to keep them penned in, tiring them…just not enough.

Mainoo will be the only change I suspect.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Thought there was better movement, just didn’t quite manifest itself in chances.  We won a tonne of loose ball to keep them penned in, tiring them…just not enough.

too slow and ponderous. We can't hope to score in the last 5 minutes. The subs were good though

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Slovenia not even through yet and celebrating like a World Cup win. Mainoo has to start next game. Other than that it was like watching City trying to break a team down.

Their population is about 20

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did we keep them penned in? Or were they more than happy to just play for the 0-0? 

We looked better with the changes. Fodens best game so far and looked better when he was in the centre. 

Massive improvement needed tho. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I'm sorry dave, I respect you as a poster, but it's ******* Slovenia. Yes we played better, but that's because we were ******* shit against Serbia and Denmark. 

Tonight was the time to give a reaction to the public and media, but they failed. Big time. We were absolute shit.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

May I just add: cannot even retain possession from our own throw-ins. Stuff that we were ALL coached when we were f'cking EIGHT YEARS OLD!!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Wonder who the common denominator is. 

Real Madrid players and Man City players. I just think that better players can get more out of them. Until recently Kane was unstoppable with Bayern Munich.