IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Would play at Left back if Southgate got him in the England side

Or would leave him out for Phillips

Why do we need Rodri when we have just as good a CDM in Harry Kane?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The one where he got the ball? Any more than a booking would have been very harsh 

That should have been a yellow, he’s skimmed the ball If at all that doesn’t make it not a foul. He got it all wrong in the tackle.

Then a minute later catches him late again 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Havertz in an England shirt would be brilliant for the newspapers

He does so many good things sprinkled with the odd bad one

Looking more like the Chelsea Havertz this game 

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

English match officials for this one. Not likely to be a classic. 

Game improved after the Spain goal. Could go either way. 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Spain have been poor since they scored. 

Or Germany have improved since Spain scored. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

There would be a certain satisfaction if Germany lost a penalty shootout tonight ( well from me anyway).

Never shot a penalty off target in a competitive shoot-out was the stat I saw a few years ago, they had scored 95% of them and the other 5% were saved, insanely good stats. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

It was done so no player misses the final for yellow cards

Reset after last 16. If a player gets a booking in consecutive games that on them. Getting a booking in the first game and the fifth game and missing the semis is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

ignoring politics, history, etc etc, the French anthem really is a banger...

watching the T20 WC the other week, by comparison, I couldn't help laughing at the Indian anthem! (no offence to anybody meant, it just sounded so twee!!)

Edited by DolmanGaz

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

I'd like Anthony Taylor to explain where he found nearly six minutes of stoppage time at the end of the second half of extra time. Three minutes initially was punchy, but to then add on nearly another three is inexplicable. 

Guess the first bit was for the goal then maybe the red card delayed things further?

I find the Ronaldo hate a bit weird. Yes he does questionable things but he’s been a joy to watch over the years. And while crying the other night was suprising it shows him as human.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jose said:

I find the Ronaldo hate a bit weird. Yes he does questionable things but he’s been a joy to watch over the years. And while crying the other night was suprising it shows him as human.

the cynic in me thinks it's just him being sad that he missed the records for oldest scorer and scoring in 6 tournaments. he paid for a museum about himself, he is a maniac. crying he doesn't get to add a few more records to it...

Edited by DolmanGaz

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

He's been banned from taking free kicks?

When Spain had a free kick just outside the area in the first half,I half expected Ronaldo to come on and take it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

I'd like Anthony Taylor to explain where he found nearly six minutes of stoppage time at the end of the second half of extra time. Three minutes initially was punchy, but to then add on nearly another three is inexplicable. 

Due to excessive and protracted goal celebrations? IMHO Spain were slightly better.

With over an hour gone .Portugal v France could go either way. I think Ronaldo's best days are definitely behind him.

In the half defended by Portugal there's a large England flag on the side and a little further up, a flag with not a country, but Feyenoord written on  it. And now that Tajikistan flag is back standing near the England flag.