IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

9 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Maybe if some of you want "the Ronaldo show" to end you should stop talking about him in every other post, just a thought... you're the ones creating the show

I think this comment may be better aimed at TV directors,pundits and commentators as well as newspaper reporter's and editors.Β 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This tournament has got an England v France final written all over it……….

And Mbappe who has been completely anonymous will have the game of his life.

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

How is that not a pen but the Denmark one was?

Was offside before wasn’t it?

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Stuttering penalty run ups don't fill me with confidence.

Why was Ronaldo allowed to stop his run up? Thought that wasn’t allowed anymore?

• Like 4

Nice to see Portugal lose on penos for once. 2004 and 2006 memories are still etched in my brain.

As for Ronaldo undoubtedly one of the greats but what an unlikeable character, Messi for me in the debate wins hands down not only on natural and raw footballing ability but personality and temperament aswell..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn't bet against France

Yep, uninspiring up to now (a bit like England) but they will turn up at some point - as, hopefully will we!

Β 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They weren’t impressive last night but then nor have England been impressive.

Β 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Why was Ronaldo allowed to stop his run up? Thought that wasn’t allowed anymore?

I said that as well last night. Β Referee not brave enough to tell Ronaldo to take it again in case he missed I reckonΒ 

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Somebody on the radio said he’d sack Southgate even if we win the euros. He really is hated by some isn’t he!Β 

He'll prob leave whatever happens.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Probably but if he wins it he should get to decide thatΒ 

He’s changing his team to match Switzerland. ******* Switzerland. I don’t mind it as something has to change but he’s changing it for the wrong reason. I’d be glad to see the back of him but if he manages to win it he deserves all the credit that would come his way.Β 
Β 

People keep comparing him to Deschamps. It is not even comparable. France have a plan. It maybe boring to watch but it is a plan. I have absolutely no idea what we are trying to do.Β 
Β 

Anyway I’m looking forward to tonight and hoping the late drama against Slovakia maybe a catalyst.Β 

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Because he's Ronaldo?Β 

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/penalty-taker-rules-stutter-step-run-goalkeeper-line-laws/f2c99ba4371eb4b56c59467a

Nope always been allowed to stop/stutter a run, rules only state:

"Feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)."

Feinting is defined simply as "an action which attempts to confuse an opponent."

8 minutes ago, !james said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/penalty-taker-rules-stutter-step-run-goalkeeper-line-laws/f2c99ba4371eb4b56c59467a

Nope always been allowed to stop/stutter a run, rules only state:

"Feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)."

Feinting is defined simply as "an action which attempts to confuse an opponent."

The rules state you cannot stop or feint at the end of the run. Guessing it wasn’t end of the run but does seem a tad unfair to meΒ 

• Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, Super said:

This has been dreadful.

Was going to post the same but maybe thought I was misreading the game. Gave up at half time, like watching paint dry. Terrible advert for top class Euro 2024 football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I said that as well last night. Β Referee not brave enough to tell Ronaldo to take it again in case he missed I reckonΒ 

He did it in the previous round too so not sure it’s just the one ref (and presumably VAR could intervene?) guess it’s just allowed or isn’t actually contravening the rule as has been shared

57 minutes ago, Jose said:

He’s changing his team to match Switzerland. ******* Switzerland. I don’t mind it as something has to change but he’s changing it for the wrong reason. I’d be glad to see the back of him but if he manages to win it he deserves all the credit that would come his way.Β 
Β 

People keep comparing him to Deschamps. It is not even comparable. France have a plan. It maybe boring to watch but it is a plan. I have absolutely no idea what we are trying to do.Β 
Β 

Anyway I’m looking forward to tonight and hoping the late drama against Slovakia maybe a catalyst.Β 

Gets stick if he doesn’t change, gets stick if he does.

Hes regularly changed to a 3 in tournaments so it’s not specifically bexuSe it’s Switzerland, it’s because he feels that’s the way to play against their setup.

Will reserve judgement TIL I see it in action, but many people are suggesting the same plan.

What is Frances plan? Bore the shit out of everyone and hope the defenders put the ball in the net for them?

Β