IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Ok lets go slowly:

It was said that Rodri is 3x the player Rice is.

Rice is valued around 100-120M and he is also younger than Rodri.

Is Rodri the better player in his position? Yes - by some distance but is he worth 3x Rice? No.

Suggesting a DM is worth more than Mbappe, Bellingham is mental

**** me, you're more irritating than my Mrs.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Football is never linear and there is always a chance, but in terms of their run they have beaten Croatia, Italy Germany and France, all in 90 mins.

Won the Nations League last summer too (which I was at) so should have seen it coming with so much young talent.

France have stunk the tournament out, Deschamps surely has to go. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Won the Nations League last summer too (which I was at) so should have seen it coming with so much young talent.

France have stunk the tournament out, Deschamps surely has to go. 

Given the movement of their players, I fancy they might call their training dummies ‘Kane’.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Football is never linear and there is always a chance, but in terms of their run they have beaten Croatia, Italy Germany and France, all in 90 mins.

Didn’t they need extra time to beat Germany 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Didn’t they need extra time to beat Germany 

I am wrong! My memory was they won it in the last minute, but having checked it was the last minute of ET. I blame old age…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Offside said:

Enjoyable game tonight. Spain look really good. If we beat the Netherlands (and it’s a big IF) we’ll struggle in the final unless we are at our absolute best. 

A very ordinary French side had them on the ropes up until the wonder goal. Good though they are ,they are not unbeatable. 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

A very ordinary French side had them on the ropes up until the wonder goal. Good though they are ,they are not unbeatable. 

dont know about you Major but always thought spain would score and france would struggle to equalise. big surprise they went in front but they needed more than one goal from the start as spain can score anytime they turn it up.  that first half was the best football ive seen all tournament.

dont think england have a hope in hell of outscoring them,(or holland for that matter)

• Like 1

Anyone else absolutely certain we’ll get beaten tonight? Would love to stick it to Koeman as I’m old enough to remember that disgrace of a USA 94 qualifier, but just feel like our luck will run out.

8 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Anyone else absolutely certain we’ll get beaten tonight? Would love to stick it to Koeman as I’m old enough to remember that disgrace of a USA 94 qualifier, but just feel like our luck will run out.

Just like many an England fan of a certain age I've been scarred by the past which I'm sure taints my expectations for this and previous games and tournaments. This game is no exception to that pessimism. However, Holland were pretty terrible earlier in the tournament and were getting plenty of stick from their Press and supporters as much as England have been. Another factor is that it's not always the best team that wins a tournament. We certainly are not that, so you never know but whatever happens it's going to be a long night!

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

dont know about you Major but always thought spain would score and france would struggle to equalise. big surprise they went in front but they needed more than one goal from the start as spain can score anytime they turn it up.  that first half was the best football ive seen all tournament.

dont think england have a hope in hell of outscoring them,(or holland for that matter)

It’s all on the day red squirrel and basing an assessment on the walking football that we’ve seen so far doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll get the same pedestrian play again tonight.

Who knows? Maybe Southgate with leave the out of form Kane on the bench and start with Toney? The Dutch won’t too much about playing against Ivan. The resources at Southgate’s disposal has give him plenty of options and we won’t know what the starting 11 will be until nearer the ko.

I have a hunch that England will score 4 tonight and will pop into the bookies to see what the odds are………...:cool2:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Let’s be honest. We’ve already had more than our fair share of luck so far.

However, Holland aren’t as good as some believe.

Will it be a case of “Always look on the bright side of Cryuff” ?

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have a hunch that England will score 4 tonight and will pop into the bookies to see what the odds are………...:cool2:

Slow down on that medication Val !!

33 minutes ago, Super said:

a repeat of Euro 96 will do nicely.

That was a surprising 4-1 win as I remember. 
It’s arguable that Southgate has better squad than back then    :dunno:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That was a surprising 4-1 win as I remember. 
It’s arguable that Southgate has better squad than back then    :dunno:

It was one of my fave England performances.

I think Southgate has a much better squad than we had then However, El Tel was a much more attack minded coach compared with what Southgate is. 

I can only imagine the heights we may have seen with an attack minded Manager / Coach over the past 3 tournaments. Of course that is all conjecture but I think we have achieved the 3 semi finals and a final despite Southgate's tactics rather than because of Southgate's tactics.

19 hours ago, Super said:

Going say it again! Dembele is massively overrated.

He certainly is now.

I consider it a bit of a shame, as I have followed his career for several years.

He hails from a town close to where I used to live, and I used to watch him regularly when he was transferred to Borussia Dortmund, where he really was class.

Unfortunately, he failed to live up to the hype when he was transferred to Barcelona, and became something of a Billy Big Bs and playboy (although he was also injured).

He has not really pulled up many trees since moving to PSG, and seems to be playing (and getting picked) on his past reputation.

On 09/07/2024 at 23:08, Offside said:

Enjoyable game tonight. Spain look really good. If we beat the Netherlands (and it’s a big IF) we’ll struggle in the final unless we are at our absolute best. 

You have been proved right.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rob said:

Best team won. No shame in losing to them.

Best team by miles .

All the other big names were really average.

Some good games from the likes of Turkey and Georgia but generally a flat tournament?

6 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Best team by miles .

Some good games from the likes of Turkey and Georgia but generally a flat tournament?

Austria looked fun too I thought, Denmark statistically were solid if crap finishing and Germany seemed to show signs of revival but plenty underwhelmed- all IMO.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Best team by miles .

Spot on, apart from Spain the other teams were all pretty average at best

No shame in losing to the best team, at least we have some spirit to win games we maybe shouldn't have

• Like 4