IGNORED

EURO 2024

phantom

Just now, petehinton said:

Absolutely delicious. What a great use of annual leave for those lot. See you in another 100 years chaps 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

They are only there this time as it’s been made so easy to qualify 

Ha Ha oh dear! I never feel a tournament is quite fully underway until the Scots are going home, so it's taken 45 mins this year.

They have been dreadful. Would like to see Ross and Tommy on in 2nd half they can't do much worse.

Sadly this is a reflection of how the game has dumbed down both for the people playing and watching.

Gerry Gow would've been off in the 1st 5 mins of most games nowadays.

Don't get the Scottish hating.  

Just now, 1team said:

Sadly this is a reflection of how the game has dumbed down both for the people playing and watching.

Are you saying that wasn't a red card?!

1 minute ago, 1team said:

Not many hating but plenty pointing out that Scotland have been utter shite. No argument there.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

The more times they show it, the worse it seems to get!

Dreadful challenge. 

Could of snapped Gundogan’s leg horribly, but it seems to have just been brushed under the carpet. Hopefully that red card is one that leads to a 3 game suspension to end his Euro’s (not sure how these kind of red cards work these days whether it will be a 1 match ban or more).

5 minutes ago, 1team said:

I doubt he would last the pre-match warm up!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Are you saying that wasn't a red card?!

I think nowadays there is no acceptance of error. The referee used to make a decision based on what he saw, in real time I thought he played the ball first. I'm happy with that.

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

They finished runners up in their group tbf. There are too many teams though imo. 

They finished above Norway, Georgia and Cyprus. Almost impossible not to qualify 

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not many hating but plenty pointing out that Scotland have been utter shite. No argument there.

I'm OK with your comment but there has been a lot of Scottish hating.

1 minute ago, 1team said:

I think nowadays there is no acceptance of error. The referee used to make a decision based on what he saw, in real time I thought he played the ball first. I'm happy with that.

There's an error and there's a leg breaking challenge, VAR was used well and pretty quickly in that instance. I'm glad challenges like that are becoming less common than in the old days. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Could have snapped Gundogan’s leg horribly, but it seems to have just been brushed under the carpet. Hopefully that red card is one that leads to a 3 game suspension to end his Euro’s (not sure how these kind of red cards work these days whether it will be a 1 match ban or more).

One game. Unless a UEFA committee thinks it was a particularly serious offence. which is possible

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/14/euro-2024-yellow-red-card-rules-how-many-games-players-miss-20968332/

Edited by italian dave
  • Thanks 1