IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

As above, my kids are wearing Arsenal kits……and it’s annoying me. Where on earth are the new city kits? Talk about missing opportunities. 

Why have you allowed that is the more pertinent question?  Use your influence wisely 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why have you allowed that is the more pertinent question?  Use your influence wisely 

My son is a Bristol City season ticket holder. He wears Man City shirts every day. That's his choice. 

All the big clubs have next season shirts available to buy before the season ended. We have done that in the past. There is obviously a clear benefit to doing this. People like to wear football shirts over the summer. Missed opportunity for us. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

My son is a Bristol City season ticket holder. He wears Man City shirts every day. That's his choice. 

All the big clubs have next season shirts available to buy before the season ended. We have done that in the past. There is obviously a clear benefit to doing this. People like to wear football shirts over the summer. Missed opportunity for us. 

How you choose to parent is up to you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Would you let him wear a gas shirt if he chose to WSM? They're a self proclaimed 'big club' after all.

I'm not having a pop BTW, just intrigued.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Would you let him wear a gas shirt if he chose to WSM? They're a self proclaimed 'big club' after all.

I'm not having a pop BTW, just intrigued.

Oh absolutely he can wear one if he chooses too. However he'd not be allowed to live in my house 🤣🤣

But nah seriously with being from Weston I don't really get the rivalry with Rovers these days. Very rare to see a gas shirt down here. They are irrelevant just like Yeovil. 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah and now I’m questioning yours.  Maybe the nuance was lost on you! 

Bit weird for a football forum. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Oh absolutely he can wear one if he chooses too. However he'd not be allowed to live in my house 🤣🤣

Good man! Same as my 2 then. One of my nephews turned up at mine in a blue and white rag (his dad was gas). I took him back to his house to change before letting him in, burnt the gas shirt ( not while my nephew was wearing it) and posted the remains to his old man! The dad was a prize ***** tbh.

To be fair, I live very close to a gas area and even we rarely see a gas shirt nowadays.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

As above, my kids are wearing Arsenal kits……and it’s annoying me. Where on earth are the new city kits? Talk about missing opportunities. 

You may be new here :whistle2:

City tend to wait until people have lost interest to release kits.
Saves all that race to be able to wear the new shirt on holiday that people like.  
In fact, and I don't buy shirts normally, the only shirt we have had out for the summer previously was when O'Neils came in I believe. 
Released before the end of the Season in a bit of a panic. Now we have had time to settle we will no doubt release them a week before the season starts and sell out before the first home game. It's the norm :preacher:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But nah seriously with being from Weston I don't really get the rivalry with Rovers these days. Very rare to see a gas shirt down here. They are irrelevant just like Yeovil. 

Bit weird for a football forum. 

Yeah it was a joke really wasn’t it. Why would I care 

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Dont buy them an arsenal kit then, simple really

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Never did allow it myself other than foreign teams, I've also made it quite clear to my daughter that she can can bring home anyone she wants, any race, sex or creed but no gas will ever be allowed through the door

• Haha 3
  • Robin 2

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who bought them the Arsenal shirts?

My Arsenal season ticket holder wife! 

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

They go to the Emirates and Ashton Gate. However we live in London so it’s not easy…..

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Wouldn't that be more ..

your influence wisely you should use ?

I sense disturbance in the force. Master Yoda is disappointed he got confused with Master Kenobi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

They are still finalising the new badge first 🤦🏻‍♂️

You jest but a world class designer like Jon is much in demand from big brands so has to fit in our kit design when he has time to think outside the box. Then copy an image from Google.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

So does anyone actually know when the club are going to get this sorted and release the new kits?! 

To be fair they only released the last home kit 15 months ago - give them a chance! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/06/2024 at 17:55, Shauntaylor85 said:

So does anyone actually know when the club are going to get this sorted and release the new kits?! 

Wasn't there one year that we didn't release the kit until the first game of the season?

Or am I getting confused with the season we didn;t announce our away kit until the first time we needed to wear it?

• Admin

I'd have thought those with last seasons shirt would be delighted to be getting more use out of it 

I'd say with it being the Euros and people more than likely to be buying England kit at the moment it makes perfect sense not to release anything for sale yet 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd have thought those with last seasons shirt would be delighted to be getting more use out of it 

I'd say with it being the Euros and people more than likely to be buying England kit at the moment it makes perfect sense not to release anything for sale yet 

That makes sense.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Wasn't there one year that we didn't release the kit until the first game of the season?

Or am I getting confused with the season we didn;t announce our away kit until the first time we needed to wear it?

Last season. Splat Robin pale yellow kit with the mis matched socks was our initial away kit. The black one was released early September iirc.

13 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Last season. Splat Robin pale yellow kit with the mis matched socks was our initial away kit. The black one was released early September iirc.

I'm thinking further back, may it have even been the title winning season and the purple? We didn't see the kit until we faced Sheff Utd away?

I hope I'm not making this up, I'm too tired to go check for myself 🤣

14 hours ago, phantom said:

I would imagine that the kit manufacturers are busy with supplying all the European teams and supporters at the moment, a mid table Championship club is probably way down on their list of customers this summer.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I would imagine that the kit manufacturers are busy with supplying all the European teams and supporters at the moment, a mid table Championship club is probably way down on their list of customers this summer.

How many European teams do O'Neills have in their stable? 😂

• Like 2

• Admin
15 hours ago, phantom said:

Another aspect is potential for those who want the kit in time for the season starting, releasing closer to that time reduces the opportunity to source one from China.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They all use the same factories though.

I thought a selling point for O'Neills was that our shirts were produced 'locally' (in global terms) rather than half-way across the world?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Another aspect is potential for those who want the kit in time for the season starting, releasing closer to that time reduces the opportunity to source one from China.

On the basis I ordered and received the new England away kit in just over a week I'm not sure that has any bearing on this

On 08/06/2024 at 19:46, chinapig said:

You jest but a world class designer like Jon is much in demand from big brands so has to fit in our kit design when he has time to think outside the box. Then copy an image from Google.

The self appointed "Maverick Thinker" of Fever Pitch 😂

• Facepalm 1

• Admin
39 minutes ago, phantom said:

On the basis I ordered and received the new England away kit in just over a week I'm not sure that has any bearing on this

Mine took 12 days from order to delivery.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2024 at 22:29, Rocking Red Cyril said:

My grandsons get Bristol city shirts from me and used to get Rangers shirts from the other grandfather.

But I know got them season tickets for them next season 

So I winning there I think 🤔 😊😂

Unless Manningball improves massively as a spectacle I'm not sure you are, you know!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Another of the massive European teams in O'Neills portfolio, Falkirk have launched their new kit today

2785_falkirk_24_25_oneills_home_kit_a.jpeg

Watching the cricket World Cup and see they are now also providing kit for that behemoth of the game….Canada.  

Edited by lenred

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Another of the massive European teams in O'Neills portfolio, Falkirk have launched their new kit today

2785_falkirk_24_25_oneills_home_kit_a.jpeg

Doesn't look too bad, bit like a Luton away kit and being sponsored by a carrot is unusual , but not too bad.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

If we were still supplied by Hummel, this is what we might have been getting this year (even York City can get a decent supplier at their level)

2787_york_city_24_25_hummel_home_kit_1.jpeg

It wasn't the manufacturer that was the problem, it was the distributor.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

If we were still supplied by Hummel, this is what we might have been getting this year (even York City can get a decent supplier at their level)

2787_york_city_24_25_hummel_home_kit_1.jpeg

I don't like us in any form of stripe....Robins don't have stripes.

Away kits? That's fine, but our home shirts should be all red, including the sleeves.

My opinion.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A lot of them needed to re-buy kit they had already paid for from the administrator (I believe).

still ended up with a superior brand though. We had to wait months for a (IMO) inferior quality kit and terrible training gear. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

still ended up with a superior brand though. We had to wait months for a (IMO) inferior quality kit and terrible training gear. 

This has been done to death on another thread.

We were without stock to sell and the Club said playing shirts were running low, remember they sell the shirts for charity after games. 
There wasn't a new UK supplier for a month or two so a decision had to be made. 

The Company ( Elite ) went under , with no real warning , over night . 
Do you sit on your hands hoping that another company is appointed ?
Do you know how long it will take ?
Are there any guarantees ?

I totally get why the Club made the choice , and very few kit suppliers would have been able to turn the kit around so quickly , usual time from talks to shirt supply , is apparently 18 months. The trade off is the multi year contact I guess.
They were also chosen so "we" can have bespoke kits and not templates . 
I would like to know who sets the time frame for release , I doubt it would be just down to ONeils and the same can be said for the designs. My guess is most of the design fails have been down to Jon boy .

If you want to get some insight into the collapse of Elite and how it impacted , watch this video from hashtag Utd , very informative .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

This has been done to death on another thread.

We were without stock to sell and the Club said playing shirts were running low, remember they sell the shirts for charity after games. 
There wasn't a new UK supplier for a month or two so a decision had to be made. 

The Company ( Elite ) went under , with no real warning , over night . 
Do you sit on your hands hoping that another company is appointed ?
Do you know how long it will take ?
Are there any guarantees ?

I totally get why the Club made the choice , and very few kit suppliers would have been able to turn the kit around so quickly , usual time from talks to shirt supply , is apparently 18 months. The trade off is the multi year contact I guess.
They were also chosen so "we" can have bespoke kits and not templates . 
I would like to know who sets the time frame for release , I doubt it would be just down to ONeils and the same can be said for the designs. My guess is most of the design fails have been down to Jon boy .

If you want to get some insight into the collapse of Elite and how it impacted , watch this video from hashtag Utd , very informative .

yes I know but what we are left with is inferior. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes I know but what we are left with is inferior. 

Shockingly you often end up with an inferior product if you need to find a supplier at incredibly short notice. Would you have preferred we just had no kit at all? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Indeed. I think we were too hasty to dump the deal and go with O'neils. Especially as it is inferior in every way, except the price!

Edit: I understand the 'need' but it wasn't like we were the only club in that situation were we? Other clubs seem to have held their nerve and fared better, and had kits for the rest of the season and in their club shops to sell.

• Like 2