IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

1 minute ago, DaveInSA said:

Well that new away shirt is really dull. 

Where are the hot air balloon inspired circles on the sleeve and collar trim?

I was thinking more thatcher cider bubbles! 

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Liking the away shirt a lot, think that can be classed as a job well done along with the home keepers shirt. Possibly an unpopular opinion but I prefer red trim on white shirts more than black.

Collar is big but massive collars seem to be the style this season for some odd reason not just City.

Just now, DaveInSA said:

Well that new away shirt is really dull. 

Where are the hot air balloon inspired circles on the sleeve and collar trim?

"Bristol City's newly launched away shirt pays tribute to the football club with a range of unique details starting from the pattern - blank and vacant, reflecting the usual thinking from the design team - and a sleeve and collar trim in crimson - reflecting the embarrassment normally associated with O'Neil's shirts to date."

In all seriousness, it looks like it is comfortably the best shirt we've had under O'Neils (albeit has probably been copying Roma's homework) - let's see what it looks like in real life.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, t_b said:

Having a sponsor free top like this as our away warmup kit, red with simple white trim …. Watch this sell out and never be restocked whilst we have the awful “home” variants there forever 

IMG_2528.jpeg

Why couldn't that have been the home kit...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The away kit is a massive improvement ( the collars shit still) The training kits are nice too but the price of them is scandalous. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, Laner said:

That's what I thought. Doesn't hang right around the collar. Looks cheap.

Looks like something you would find on the discount rack at Sports Direct. The thing is we have such low expectation levels with our new kits that this actually looks just about acceptable. To me it just looks cheap and really bland. 

On 06/07/2024 at 11:56, spudski said:

No designer in their right mind would design a shirt with diamonds on the collar and put squares on the shorts. 

Any opposition fan will be laughing and saying ' wtf is that? '...let alone our own fans. 

Feel sorry for the players having to wear it. You'd want to feel proud wearing it...not a clown. 

Yes  and on top of that this shirt will be seen more often on national TV. Great!

• Like 1

For those of you who like the away kit but don’t want to part with your hard earned cash…….just buy a Japan flag, cut a hole to fit over your head within the red circle and voilà!

IMG_8599.jpeg.c2bd4da4ef62c89796bf1845677e1453.jpeg          IMG_8600.png.84ff1d45c6a477e31e37fc34d70a7569.png IMG_8598.jpeg.60005f8d8c55ccc53437a550512305ed.jpeg

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

My only gripe with the away kit is the brest on the Robin is not coloured in Red.. Who's ever heard of a Robin white brest ? 

Not white perhaps but the breast of a Robin is only red with maturity. Young Robins breasts are a, speckled Brown. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, westonred said:

My only gripe with the away kit is the brest on the Robin is not coloured in Red.. Who's ever heard of a Robin white brest ? 

Let’s be fair the badge is a disaster, on the home badge the Robin is white with a red breast! Looks more like a pigeon

Having now just seen the red training kit with white trim, I’d have had that as the home kit, a white with red trim reverse of that as the away and left all diamond related designs to the training gear.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not white perhaps but the breast of a Robin is only red with maturity. Young Robins breasts are a, speckled Brown. 

Thank You Bill Oddie ;)

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, westonred said:

If we had confidence in the Clubs design department , then I would say it could be we match the Robin with the colour of the shirt .
Probably a bit optimistic I know.

6 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

Doesn't look like it fits him properly, but that's considerably better by my eye

Ignoring the two-headed fit collar, do you think that's the standard fatboy-fit rather than pro-fit then?

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Looks good - I have a yen for it 

You’ll need about 11000 yen’s for it 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Henry said:

Soooo…is it red and white or cream and burgundy?

Apparently it's cream and burgundy, I've been told it looks a lot more yellow than in the photos.

Why didn't they just leave it white☹️

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Now that is much better! Still unsure about the thick collar but I like it

That collar looks like something produced in a sweatshop and sold down Eastville market back in the 70s, looks bloody awful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Apparently it's cream and burgundy, I've been told it looks a lot more yellow than in the photos.

Why didn't they just leave it white☹️

Cream and burgundy with a red badge?

Now that will look odd. 

Reminds me off a cream tea. 🙈😂

Sadly in reality, it will look like Scott left the red socks in the wash whilst washing white shirts. 

Like the clean and simple design though. 

14 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Nothing is as bad as that French shirtimage.jpeg.bed5aeeb6c76e5c0a6fc44255fa32007.jpeg

Love their shirts.  This is 10000% better than the stuff we’ve been wearing under ONeills.  All about personal taste though!

6 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just seen Yu wearing the home shirt in a video showing his first day at the club and I have to say… it’s bloody horrible! Worse than what it looked in the promo video

Agree, and he looks deeply unsettled by both the ridiculous look and the fit of the sleeves himself 😂

IMG_0115.gif.27d06c239c4cfabebb91412018a5945f.gif  IMG_0116.gif.1bbf5984440075407dc88f7cabe1f87a.gif  IMG_0117.gif.69e9a607a3e115c9d850ed7b01f6a8cb.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Agree, and he looks deeply unsettled by both the ridiculous look and the fit of the sleeves himself 😂

IMG_0115.gif.27d06c239c4cfabebb91412018a5945f.gif  IMG_0116.gif.1bbf5984440075407dc88f7cabe1f87a.gif  IMG_0117.gif.69e9a607a3e115c9d850ed7b01f6a8cb.gif

What must he have been thinking?

Imagine the fella just arrives to sign

Gets told to go up on the roof .... Umm ok.    Is this an English thing?   Nope just us

Here put this shirt on .... umm whats with the collars?    

Oh there are inspired by the bridge over there ...  

🤔

He must have been thinking that something was lost in translation and is still assuming the Lansdowns are Croation

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A good chance in this case those fake kits will stand out because the collars are well made, the material is nice and the fit is perfect.

I've just picked up an away kit for my boy and I must say the material of the shirt is far better quality than last year's.

The shorts not so much, but at least the cut is more modern. Last year's were like a pub team's from 1988.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A good chance in this case those fake kits will stand out because the collars are well made, the material is nice and the fit is perfect.

Ordered both, we’ll soon see

5 hours ago, alexukhc said:

For anyone buying these, the kits themselves will be fine but the badge isn’t rubber etc like it’s supposed to be.

They are basically printing the badge onto fabric, it’s a massive give away if you are concerned about it. 

10 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

For anyone buying these, the kits themselves will be fine but the badge isn’t rubber etc like it’s supposed to be.

They are basically printing the badge onto fabric, it’s a massive give away if you are concerned about it. 

The cheap kits I got my kids last season from Kitgg6, had proper badges and embroidery.

https://www.kitgg6.com/Search-c18898-bristol.html

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

My Hummel ones had rubber badges brought from here tho…

also my England player edition one has a silicon badge

last years city one tho was stitched though

Edited by alexukhc

34 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

The cheap kits I got my kids last season from Kitgg6, had proper badges and embroidery.

Oh really? All the ones I’ve got so far haven’t and just had basically printed on fabric badges.

Could you take a pic by any chance?

Just now, alexukhc said:

My Hummel ones had rubber badges brought from here tho…

also my England player edition one has a silicon badge

Any chance of putting a pic of up the Hummel ones? Like I said all the kids ones I’ve got from DH have always come with the printed image badges. 

36 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

I just looked at that, it’s the same as DHgate, how it’s the image printed onto fabric and then sewn on, it’s not like the proper badges at all on both kids and adults shirts. 

28 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I just looked at that, it’s the same as DHgate, how it’s the image printed onto fabric and then sewn on, it’s not like the proper badges at all on both kids and adults shirts. 

I have them in-front of me (Ive taken some close-up pics below), and I can assure you they are not printed. The badges on the Kit6gg shirts are embroidered/sewn...

IMG-1367.jpg

IMG-1368.jpg

7 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

I have them in-front of me (Ive taken some close-up pics below), and I can assure you they are not printed. The badges on the Kit6gg shirts are embroidered/sewn...

IMG-1367.jpg

IMG-1368.jpg

Yes so that isn’t correct, the Robin badge should be the rubber type, it’s the same as DHgate

It’s more a heads up incase anyone was hoping for a rubber badge, I’m still ordering them for the kids etc as they don’t know any different. 

Even the adult ones are the same too. 

they should look like this IMG_6912.thumb.png.eaa6f638805e51510b8585bf42de025a.png

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

47 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Oh really? All the ones I’ve got so far haven’t and just had basically printed on fabric badges.

Could you take a pic by any chance?

Any chance of putting a pic of up the Hummel ones? Like I said all the kids ones I’ve got from DH have always come with the printed image badges. 

Yeah prob be tomorrow cuz I’m at work till 5 and straight to the pub and back at work at 8am

its coming home!!!!