IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

49 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Oh really? All the ones I’ve got so far haven’t and just had basically printed on fabric badges.

Could you take a pic by any chance?

Any chance of putting a pic of up the Hummel ones? Like I said all the kids ones I’ve got from DH have always come with the printed image badges. 

All mine and the kids shirts have had badges as you’d find them on a “normal” shirt. 

Only thing I’ve noticed is poor is where any shirt has the sponsor lettering stuck on- that degrades much quicker than I’d normally expect it to. 

Coventry's new home kit has only further rubbed salt in the Hummel wound for me, such a beautiful, but still classic, kit and whilst they have that we have 70's wallpaper gk's, a Croatia home kit and the only passable kit is our away kit but it still lacks anything unique to us, not even the Bridge. 

At this point, I think the bridge no longer being there is almost out of spite because it went down so well with Hummels kits that Crayon Boy probably doesn't want it there anymore as his "creative design" is so much "superior".

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

My away kit has arrived and the collars/sleeves are excellent.

Was just about to post the same. Always right and proper having slagged all this stuff off, to set the record straight this time round. I haven't bought a City shirt for a few seasons now and have found all the O'Neils stuff visually embarrassing and a great step down after a lot of what Hummel had produced.

But being in London it's nice to have an alternative to all the Prem stuff when out for a jog or running errands locally, and the away shirt looked nice, so I thought I'd take the risk and order it (and the blue Mod keeper top too). Have to say on both I'm pleasantly surprised, not perfect, but far better than feared. 

Positive - fit is great, true to size and one of the better fitting City shirts I've had in recent memory, and for both shirts the fit is identical (Hummel stuff looked nice but the shirts didn't half fit differently between designs). As @KegCity mentions the collar and sleeves are fine and fit really well, yes the away shirt collar could have been a bit smaller but it doesn't look especially unusual as it might have done if the collar was also poorly fitting. The City badge is up to the standard of Hummel's silicon ones (which were beautiful) and O'Neils is even now doing the hologram label on the front too. The sponsors logo is part of the design which I'm not sure about but does mean it is not going to start peeling off.

Negative - ironically the O'Neils logo itself is the only thing that is actually screen pressed on and is going to peel off, better that than the City crest or even sponsor, but still weird. Also the material is very thin, not sure if that necessarily means cheap so not suggesting it is destined to fall apart - and it's a bit better on the away top than goalkeeping top (there is at least a noticeable texture to that one), but both feel like something printed in a market as a replica rather than something really tailored.

Nothing earth-shattering, but my general impression of O'Neils had been somewhere between utter garbage and complete embarrassment, so 'a bit above average' is worthy of some credit.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 10/07/2024 at 19:00, Redshorts said:

So budget manufacturers can get nice collars! Is it just O'Neills that can't???

Screenshot_20240710-185716.png

The collar was designed by Jon Lansdown after he had a magic moment and was as inspired by the railings on the Clifton Suspension Bridge. Other manufacturers don’t have the benefit of JL’s inspiration 

I have collected my away shirt from the club shop and it seems to be a good fit, but while I was at the shop I thought I’d try on a keepers shirt and I couldn’t get my head through the collar, which isn’t a problem I’ve ever had before so it looks like there is some inconsistency with the collars across the range. I did find another shirt the same size that I could get over my head but it wasn’t comfortable. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Coventry's new home kit has only further rubbed salt in the Hummel wound for me, such a beautiful, but still classic, kit and whilst they have that we have 70's wallpaper gk's, a Croatia home kit and the only passable kit is our away kit but it still lacks anything unique to us, not even the Bridge. 

At this point, I think the bridge no longer being there is almost out of spite because it went down so well with Hummels kits that Crayon Boy probably doesn't want it there anymore as his "creative design" is so much "superior".

What bridge on a Hummel shirt?

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Our fans like to moan/take aim at our badge, take a look at Northampton Saints new one.

f6722550-3f64-11ef-b6a8-b5e67d88a2ed.jpg.jpeg

And...?

That doesn't make our badge any better.

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 2

Apparently Leeds fans aren't impressed with their home kit, too much Red on the Red Bull.
But the Keepers kit has been moaned about too, looking like a crisp packet , missed a trick by not getting Walkers to sponsor it IMO. 

Screenshot2024-07-13at20_30_37.png.b654f9216b57355c5b7575915205bddc.png

Screenshot2024-07-13at20_30_52.png.0bbc895e297da464f40b7f1f34ba4b30.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

A lot of the new designs are atrocious throughout the leagues for the new season.    Can't always see the need to bring out new strips so often especially with the cost they charge.     Some families just simply can't afford them or have to go without.      They cost a fraction of price to manufacture but expect people to pay out well over 50 pounds for one shirt.    I don't think that's fair.      Seen some replicas the past week going on sale at 85  - 90 pounds, it's ludicrous.  

Our one took in a few changes for the Premier League season ahead.     There's faint stripes through it, the away design is questionable, and they've put a bold white outline around our club badge for the home design.    I think it's to imply "we're back at the top level and people should take notice" but it's something they could have done without.    A simple club crest without border on a plain blue shirt would have been enough.    

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.f5c901af9a3e8126f8877d6b5e235f58.png

If we'd stayed with Hummel, I wouldn't have said no to this design (The New Robin badge would work well with it). Not at the eyewatering price it's going for though - £75 with nothing on the back.

14 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

image.thumb.png.f5c901af9a3e8126f8877d6b5e235f58.png

If we'd stayed with Hummel, I wouldn't have said no to this design (The New Robin badge would work well with it). Not at the eyewatering price it's going for though - £75 with nothing on the back.

I am actually in Cologne at the moment - I’ve been here for ten days and shall return to Paris on Monday morning.

I’ve seen quite a few Cologne shirts in town (casual wear) and at the fan zones, most of which have their sponsor’s name (REWE, a large supermarket chain) and various players’ names on the back, including Podolski, who also owns a number of kebab shops - Cologne has a very large Turkish community, spread throughout the town - but haven’t seen this one yet.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Ordered my goalie shirt on 3rd.

According to the link sent from the club, they have not yet given the parcel to the courier

Does posting from the club normally take this long?

I love how they have closed the shop to help with online orders and can't get orders out in good time.

1 hour ago, soultrader said:

Ordered my goalie shirt on 3rd.

According to the link sent from the club, they have not yet given the parcel to the courier

Does posting from the club normally take this long?

i got mine in 2 days

• Like 2

On 05/07/2024 at 18:24, Topper 123 said:

Why the **** are so many negative bar stewards on this site , this is a city supporter site , support the club and get behind it or do one , it’s a football shirt mainly red with a little bit of white detail that’s all if it’s red and white strips it’s not liked if it had to much detail it’s not liked if it had collars it’s not like ffs it’s a footy shirt get over it 

I'll bite on this one.

As fans we perhaps want the club to be the best it can be in all areas. To be striving consistently and at all levels.

It feels like things are okay..they are okay but we could be pushing on further, hiring the best we can in all areas based on budget and realistic pulling power, utilising best practice etc etc.

That is why- because fans, we all do- we all care, and perhaps there is a fear that we are falling short.

Plus what everyone else who replied said.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

Ordered the red training kit for my kid on the 9th of July. Got notified that they posted it yesterday - so exactly one week later. Delivery is 1-2 weeks, international.

No real comment, just thought I’d let everyone know how things are running incase they need theirs by a certain date.

3 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

Ordered the red training kit for my kid on the 9th of July. Got notified that they posted it yesterday - so exactly one week later. Delivery is 1-2 weeks, international.

No real comment, just thought I’d let everyone know how things are running incase they need theirs by a certain date.

The post on anything can be very hit and miss. I ordered a shirt (button down collar, not football) from a company in Japan , you can get them in England but they offered free shipping so it was cheaper than a company I've used before in Leeds. It came quicker than when I have shopped in the Leeds shop. 
I don't know how the central shipping thing works, but as they deal with several clubs you would think they would have a dedicated office and they should ship within a day or so of the order . Nothing should take over a week to process , that is just poor organisation .

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There are new Bristol City kits on certain websites if you know where to look

I've heard that. If someone say spent £13 yesterday on a shirt , including postage, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to arrive. 

I don't condone this practice , but you can understand when the shirt from the Club is £55 . 
Just because I'm nosey , I looked yesterday and Yu 7 printed shirt is £70 . That has to be the cheapest option of name and number, I think that is way too much. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There are new Bristol City kits on certain websites if you know where to look

Having bought a couple of England shirts from there for the summer, I think i'll stay away for now

6 games and one of my shirts is falling apart, printing coming off, stitching coming loose.

Was great for what I needed but quality is definitely lacking under "stress"

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The post on anything can be very hit and miss. I ordered a shirt (button down collar, not football) from a company in Japan , you can get them in England but they offered free shipping so it was cheaper than a company I've used before in Leeds. It came quicker than when I have shopped in the Leeds shop. 
I don't know how the central shipping thing works, but as they deal with several clubs you would think they would have a dedicated office and they should ship within a day or so of the order . Nothing should take over a week to process , that is just poor organisation .

Yep. The association with huboo is not showing either in much of a good light.

I understand Huboo operate using dedicated employee(s) for each client - I heard this from them on a 3 peeps podcast once.

In this scenario if the bcfc fulfiller has a few days off, bcfc orders might be backed up a bit.

Then you might not have a particular line item in stock, and have to request more stock from the club.

So I can see why it's not necessarily same day/next day despatch, although in their defence, 99% of orders could be despatched this way.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

If we'd been with Adidas, we may have ended up with something of this ilk (Forest new one):

Nottingham Forest 24/25 Adidas Home Kit

I like that, I've seen photos of fans in our home shirt and that collar is horrendous...the sleeves are just about acceptable, it makes it look like an Umbro top tho, surprised O'Neils went for it.

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Having bought a couple of England shirts from there for the summer, I think i'll stay away for now

6 games and one of my shirts is falling apart, printing coming off, stitching coming loose.

Was great for what I needed but quality is definitely lacking under "stress"

How have you been washing them? Low temp and no fabric conditioner? Mine have gone through multiple washes now and are still good as new. Using fabric conditioner is the killer I've heard, as causes the adhesive that holds the letters etc onto melt away and the letters will peel off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

How have you been washing them? Low temp and no fabric conditioner? Mine have gone through multiple washes now and are still good as new. Using fabric conditioner is the killer I've heard, as causes the adhesive that holds the letters etc onto melt away and the letters will peel off.

^ This post offers no Comfort.

• Haha 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I like that, I've seen photos of fans in our home shirt and that collar is horrendous...the sleeves are just about acceptable, it makes it look like an Umbro top tho, surprised O'Neils went for it.

Thank god the collar has cross-crosses on it, a design with suitcases might not have been so popular!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

The badge is 100% not correct though, as I’ve pointed out before.

So if you looking for an exact copy there isn’t one. 

Ok - if you say so, have you ordered one? A friend of mine has ordered several kits off there and when they arrive badges are spot on.

One in the eye for clubs/associations charging stupid prices. 

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ok - if you say so, have you ordered one? A friend of mine has ordered several kits off there and when they arrive badges are spot on.

One in the eye for clubs/associations charging stupid prices. 

Yes, I’ve been ordering them for a few years for the kids, probably past 3 seasons. 

The badges are not the rubber type as on the genuine articles, get your mate to send you some photos and you will see what I mean. 

In short, your mates incorrect , they are not spot on, if you are fussed about how the kits look, for the kids I really don’t care but if your looking for an exact fake they arnt. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

The new labour government is going to set up an independent football regulator. One of the reforms will mean professional clubs will need permission from fans to change the home shirt colours and clubs will need the regulator’s permission to sell their ground or relocate. Whilst a regulator is welcome I find it a bit strange that a government, of any persuasion, is worried about the colour of football shirts! (I’ve not put this in the politics section as it’s about this thread - kit)

• Hmmm 1

On 13/07/2024 at 20:33, 1960maaan said:

Apparently Leeds fans aren't impressed with their home kit, too much Red on the Red Bull.
But the Keepers kit has been moaned about too, looking like a crisp packet , missed a trick by not getting Walkers to sponsor it IMO. 

Screenshot2024-07-13at20_30_37.png.b654f9216b57355c5b7575915205bddc.png

Screenshot2024-07-13at20_30_52.png.0bbc895e297da464f40b7f1f34ba4b30.png

I saw this and thought it's a really nice design but the colours definitely let it down. If they did that in like a dark navy, almost black and then used contrasting colours for the design it could actually be a very nice kit. 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2024 at 11:38, pongo88 said:

The new labour government is going to set up an independent football regulator. One of the reforms will mean professional clubs will need permission from fans to change the home shirt colours and clubs will need the regulator’s permission to sell their ground or relocate. Whilst a regulator is welcome I find it a bit strange that a government, of any persuasion, is worried about the colour of football shirts! (I’ve not put this in the politics section as it’s about this thread - kit)

I get what you're saying but would remind you of the red shirted bluebirds from across the bridge.  Home colours are synonymous with a clubs identity and absolutely is something that fans should be consulted on. 

Having said that, the sheep worriers are the only team I can think of that have done this. Luton don't count as they swap between orange and white consistently since the early 70's.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I get what you're saying but would remind you of the red shirted bluebirds from across the bridge.  Home colours are synonymous with a clubs identity and absolutely is something that fans should be consulted on. 

Having said that, the sheep worriers are the only team I can think of that have done this. Luton don't count as they swap between orange and white consistently since the early 70's.

I can’t imagine City changing from a basic red and white or red and black home kit but a white shirt with red shorts and socks would be nice for a change. If this had to be agreed by the supporters who would the club ask? It couldn’t just be OTIB, or season and membership card holders as a lot of others are supporters. So it would have to be something that anyone who claimed to be a supporter could vote on. When Rovers have had votes open to all many City supporters joined in with ridiculous posts just to be awkward. I can image an open vote on the colour of City’s shirts resulting in blue and white quarters being the answer 

Although clubs don’t change much there have been a few in recent times. In the 60s Leeds changed from blue and gold to all white as Don Revie wanted to emulate Real Madrid. Arsenal , 2005/6, changed to a maroon & gold shirt for one season. Although Cristal Palace now usually play in versions of red and blue, in the 60s  it was claret and blue stripes, then white shirts with a claret and blue stripe. The 70s was blue and red stripes, then whites shirts with a red and blue sash, then back to red and blue. Closer to home, Forest Green played in black and white stripes until about 10 years ago when the current fluorescent green appeared. Even closer, in the 60s, the mob from Horfield swapped their “famous” quarters for plain blue shirts to save money. 

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t imagine City changing from a basic red and white or red and black home kit but a white shirt with red shorts and socks would be nice for a change. If this had to be agreed by the supporters who would the club ask? It couldn’t just be OTIB, or season and membership card holders as a lot of others are supporters. So it would have to be something that anyone who claimed to be a supporter could vote on. When Rovers have had votes open to all many City supporters joined in with ridiculous posts just to be awkward. I can image an open vote on the colour of City’s shirts resulting in blue and white quarters being the answer 

Although clubs don’t change much there have been a few in recent times. In the 60s Leeds changed from blue and gold to all white as Don Revie wanted to emulate Real Madrid. Arsenal , 2005/6, changed to a maroon & gold shirt for one season. Although Cristal Palace now usually play in versions of red and blue, in the 60s  it was claret and blue stripes, then white shirts with a claret and blue stripe. The 70s was blue and red stripes, then whites shirts with a red and blue sash, then back to red and blue. Closer to home, Forest Green played in black and white stripes until about 10 years ago when the current fluorescent green appeared. Even closer, in the 60s, the mob from Horfield swapped their “famous” quarters for plain blue shirts to save money. 

It would be done through the SC&T (and equivalent at other clubs) I would presume.

From the examples you provided arguably only Leeds and Forest Green changed the overall colour of their kit. Maroon and claret are essentially just different shades of red. 

So it doesn't happen often, but all this governance does is provide some security in a "what if" scenario so you don't get a repeat of Cardiff.

Went in the shop today, Hirakawa mania made me buy the away shirt but I stupidly massively overestimated my size so needed to change it.

Excellent customer service from the Irish lady who runs the shop, but what the purpose is of the 2 young women who just stand in the middle of it watching one person serving what was a fairly large queue, I have no idea..

The away shirt definitely is a thing of beauty but in the flesh the home one looks even worse than it does online, not quite the Arsenal/Rotherham monstrosity of a few years ago, but still pretty terrible.

Reckon we’ll sell far more away than home shirts this season..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Went in the shop today, Hirakawa mania made me buy the away shirt but I stupidly massively overestimated my size so needed to change it.

Excellent customer service from the Irish lady who runs the shop, but what the purpose is of the 2 young women who just stand in the middle of it watching one person serving what was a fairly large queue, I have no idea..

The away shirt definitely is a thing of beauty but in the flesh the home one looks even worse than it does online, not quite the Arsenal/Rotherham monstrosity of a few years ago, but still pretty terrible.

"Sharon, I think that man has massively overestimated his size."

"You're right Trish, he so has."

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

At least our badges haven't fallen off yet, though some may have wished they had last season on the yellow kit!

I’ve seen a few Rangers fans posting that their £75 Castore kits, launched two weeks ago, are already falling apart. Annoying on a £13 fake but totally unacceptable at that price.

Like others, I still yearn for the return of Hummel, but at least my kid’s O’Neills kit has taken a battering and is still good as new.

it wasn’t that good to begin with, mind. But at least it hasn’t got any worse 😂

• Haha 1

Advice on sizing for the away shirt appreciated based on what other people have bought for their build. The size guide on the website is absolutely mad - apparently a SMALL is a 44 inch chest, which I think would make Pavarotti a medium 🤷‍♂️

That size chart must be completely off?!

I’m 6’2”, 80kg and prefer fitted rather than baggy.

E5630604-BE29-4E51-89B4-787F0811EA0B.png

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Third kit will be a big seller. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Advice on sizing for the away shirt appreciated based on what other people have bought for their build. The size guide on the website is absolutely mad - apparently a SMALL is a 44 inch chest, which I think would make Pavarotti a medium 🤷‍♂️

That size chart must be completely off?!

I’m 6’2”, 80kg and prefer fitted rather than baggy.

E5630604-BE29-4E51-89B4-787F0811EA0B.png

I’m a 42 in chest mate & had bought a large, it was miles too big.

Medium is perfect.

I’m nowhere near as tall as you (5ft 10) but would suggest probably that.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Medium is perfect.

Many thanks! Despite my height I’ve even been known to buy a small in the past, just to get the fit. But sounds like a medium here.

• Robin 1

Anyone know when the third kit usually comes out?

I want to get my kids different kits but a white kit is awful for a 7 year old as he will trash it pretty quickly and then it looks dirty for most of it's life. 

7 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

Anyone know when the third kit usually comes out?

I want to get my kids different kits but a white kit is awful for a 7 year old as he will trash it pretty quickly and then it looks dirty for most of it's life. 

Won't we need a 3rd kit when we play the Cheltenham friendly?

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

It looks even more grotesque 'in action' - what a wretched garment 

And everyone could see it from the start, apart from the people who designed it, the people who made it, and the people at the club who approved it. Which is mad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And everyone could see it from the start, apart from the people who designed it, the people who made it, and the people at the club who approved it. Which is mad.

Approved by Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder I believe 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

All those people could be one person!!! 👀

The bit I don’t get is that the away kit is nice.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Medium is perfect.

Same height and more or less chest size.

Usually a M or L in tops and a M is perfect with the goalie shirt I bought.

Tried the L and was immediately like ‘na’!

• Thanks 1