IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Diamonds on the collar and sleeves, squares on the shorts. Jon is a true creative maverick

IMG_8080.png

8am at the Apprentice house and for team Excel and team lead Izzy and sub team leader Darren it's time to see their shirt and shorts together for the first time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Olé said:

8am at the Apprentice house and for team Excel and team lead Izzy and sub team leader Darren it's time to see their shirt and shorts together for the first time.

Jon’s missed a trick - those socks are very plain. He could have added another shape… triangles maybe? Circles? Both????

I still can’t get over how bad our home kit is, I mean seriously who signed this off and who was consulted??

The club really miss an opportunity for fan engagement with stuff like this as giving ST holders and members (sorry to others but it could get sabotaged if open to all) 3 options and putting it to a vote

Simple things like this and similarly voting for the pre match music is yet more examples we just get it wrong

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Jon’s missed a trick - those socks are very plain. He could have added another shape… triangles maybe? Circles? Both????

Derby's swirls don't seem so bad now!

Please go Jon.  You were't made for us.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i was watching the hungarian gp this afternoon and as hamilton came into the pits i realised where jon got it from,

the collar looks just like the pit lane entry kerbs

Very apt seeing as the shirt is the pits 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I went to order an away shirt for a friends birthday this morning, and guess what, out of stock. Why are we so bad on the commercial side?  

I can only imagine that it’s a conscious choice/low priority. 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I can only imagine that it’s a conscious choice/low priority. 

The beauty and efficiency of the Bristol Sport model and the lack of need for Phil Alexander’s commercial nous, because “we believe we already have the skills in-house”. That commercial nous was what they asked Scudamore to recommend someone for as CEO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Double Diamond works wonders, or at least that is what used to be said. Will it go flat this time?

Nostalgic Beer Ad from the Baby Boomer ...

I used to love beer mat collecting, trading and trying win some off your mates playing “closest the the wall”.

My great Aunt ran a sweet shop / small grocery store in St George (near where Rajanis is), and she used to deal with people in the trade, and used to get loads for me and my bruv.  We had these big Pony (bet it tasted puny too) beer mats that were 3x3 the size of a normal beer mat, so we’d swap 1 Pony beer mat for 9 normal sized.

Wish I still had them.

Wonder when the third kit is coming. Given our home and away are red and white, we’ll need something darker you’d think. For Sheffield United away, for example. A purple would be pretty cool, and on brand.

Got the red with white/cream trim training top, plus red away shorts and white/cream away socks for my kid, delivered today.

Looks good and feels good quality. The top material is a little thinner than I’d imagine the kit to be, but I guess that’s to be expected given it was cheaper. The scoop of the collar is quite wide and low but I did size up and the whole kit is a fraction big on him. All in all, he’s very happy with it, and so am I.

It’s a little bit too basic to be the home kit but with a bit of subtle additional texture woven into the fabric it would have been a beautiful one. Basically, if they’d reversed the away kit, I think pretty much all of us would have been happy.

Side note: I got the red with white/cream trim away shorts as I couldn’t work out what colour the trim was on the site. Some images made it look white, some made it look cream and I didn’t want to mismatch with the bright white shorts. In real life the trim on the training top and away shorts is more cream than white.

Edited by SydneyCity

Think there’s gonna be some interesting kits around this season . Personally I think Liverpools new kit is horrific and Chelsea’s is totally out there . I’m kind of getting used to our collars now having seen some other clubs offerings ! Chelsea have listed this as the Chelsea Home Stadium kit so not 100%  sure if this means warm up kit or actual match day shirt ?

IMG_1501.png

IMG_1503.png

Edited by Baldyman

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think there’s gonna be some interesting kits around this season . Personally I think Liverpools new kit is horrific and Chelsea’s is totally out there . I’m kind of getting used to our collars now having seen some other clubs offerings ! Chelsea have listed this as the Chelsea Home Stadium kit so not 100%  sure if this means warm up kit or actual match day shirt ?

IMG_1501.png

IMG_1503.png

I think stadium refers to the fit and the shirt technology. It’s the fans shirt, whereas the players wear a more fitted version with more advanced tech, which costs a lot more

• Like 1

On 18/07/2024 at 11:38, pongo88 said:

The new labour government is going to set up an independent football regulator. One of the reforms will mean professional clubs will need permission from fans to change the home shirt colours and clubs will need the regulator’s permission to sell their ground or relocate. Whilst a regulator is welcome I find it a bit strange that a government, of any persuasion, is worried about the colour of football shirts! (I’ve not put this in the politics section as it’s about this thread - kit)

I don’t know, I would’ve been angry that a new owner could run roughshod over a club’s tradition, ie shirt colour eg Cardiff. It’s just giving protection against that.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

IMG_1501.png

IMG_1503.png

I’m so sure these mad kits are a result of clubs looking for ways to make them hard(er) to copy. Chelsea done it with their badge from last season as well.

DH Gate has got them all on strings! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I’m so sure these mad kits are a result of clubs looking for ways to make them hard(er) to copy. Chelsea done it with their badge from last season as well.

DH Gate has got them all on strings! 

Quite a simple fix then. Stop being greedy and charging over the hill for kits. People won’t have to look at other cheaper options then.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Wonder when the third kit is coming. Given our home and away are red and white, we’ll need something darker you’d think. For Sheffield United away, for example. A purple would be pretty cool, and on brand.

There's already a current purple training top w/ jackets and stuff to match, they won't use another one for an extra tenner. Kinda shot themselves in the foot there.

Lime green with purple trim is more likely. And horrific.

9 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

There's already a current purple training top w/ jackets and stuff to match, they won't use another one for an extra tenner. Kinda shot themselves in the foot there.

Lime green with purple trim is more likely. And horrific.

We have red warm up tops (which would look fine as home kits) too though.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see purple and lime. 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Saw that earlier, not a fan of Villa but that is next level launching . 

I see our lot calling Massive Attack and Portishead, to see if they will do a video with Tony Robinson and John Cleese 😂

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, phantom said:

My thoughts exactly 

By the way here it is 

bournemouth-24-25-home-kit (4).jpg

That looks good, party because it’s a tight fitting shapely shirt. Probably not quite so good in XXL size worn by someone who’s 18 stone+

• Haha 1

On 22/07/2024 at 17:46, petelekg said:

Anyone know if  the reversible bucket hats are still for sale they are  are not in store or on the online shop ??

IMG_2631.thumb.jpeg.989b1ab9d0a58de5abcf55117221391e.jpeg

Yep sold out after only 5 days.  I emailed the shop and they replied saying they didn’t  know if any new stock would be ordered! They advised I check the website.  

47 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Yep sold out after only 5 days.  I emailed the shop and they replied saying they didn’t  know if any new stock would be ordered! They advised I check the website.  

Well if it's the same clowns running the shop that did last season then they probably won't order any more as if they don't sell it'd undo all the good work the first run did! 🤨

16 hours ago, phantom said:

My thoughts exactly 

By the way here it is 

bournemouth-24-25-home-kit (4).jpg

Is that accurate? They've binned their dafabet sponsorship for a different gambling company that's caused a bit of controversy with their name...

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Is that accurate? They've binned their dafabet sponsorship for a different gambling company that's caused a bit of controversy with their name...

It's not accurate.  In actual fact it doesn't look as though they've released their kit as yet.  Certainly you get a "0 items found" response on their own online store for 24/25 home kit.

The person, @grhaer9, produces concept kits for EAFC (new FIFA), but also does seem to gather leaked football kits as well.  This one, however, appears to be a concept.

What is real though (and slightly surreal) is that they've got actor Michael B Jordan to design a pre-season kit for their tour of the US.  Central badges aside, do we think we could draft him in to replace Maverick for next year's kit?

Imagebournemouth%20special%20kit%20%2816%29.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Leeds have revived their 'smiley' badge - bloody clubs meddling with their crests......

Leeds United 24/25 Adidas Away Kit

It’s a great badge.  And a great kit.  Annoyingly so because it’s Leeds! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Leeds have revived their 'smiley' badge - bloody clubs meddling with their crests......

Red Bull rebranding as Blue Bull just for Leeds ?

14 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

2964_cardiff_city_24_25_new_balance_third_kit_e1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I like it. Not a lot. But I like it.

I'm assuming it will be their new home kit 😀

Big assumption , they haven't changed their "traditional" colours for a couple of years now :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, City Slicker said:

I've been a long time reader of this forum. I just wanted to say that I have ordered a shirt from one of those sites, and the quality is fine. I think I paid £13 inc delivery. 

Have you had it delivered already? All sellers I've looked at don't have them ready yet. Mind sharing where you got yours?

15 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

2964_cardiff_city_24_25_new_balance_third_kit_e1.jpg

I don't mind that. Imagine that in shades of subtle red for our home kit and that would have done for me. It looks like an odd game of Tetris but is better than our God awful home kit.

The away kit is much better than I thought after seeing it at Aldershot. It looks nearer white than creamy yellow. Really wish we had a home kit that was the reverse of this.

Why Jon, why🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Just back from an excursion to the store - just as well as the sizing of garments appears a bit random on some stuff.  Last year I bought my boy (who was 12½ then) the GK jersey and he had to have a size S as the kids size below was too small for him (which annoyed my wallet somewhat).  We've been down to try on the new GK jersey and the S was like a tent on him and a 12-13 fits perfectly with a bit of 'grow' room to spare.

I got myself the half zip black tracksuit top - last years I had to get an XL (even though every other garment I own an L fits perfectly), this year a 2XL - therefore I deduce size up on some stuff, size down on others 

22 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

That badge maybe 50 years old now is still better than ours!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, City Slicker said:

I've been a long time reader of this forum. I just wanted to say that I have ordered a shirt from one of those sites, and the quality is fine. I think I paid £13 inc delivery. 

Could you share a photo please Slick?

Edit: (of the shirt, not a selfie... I'm not Giles! (If you know, you know!))

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Just back from an excursion to the store - just as well as the sizing of garments appears a bit random on some stuff.  Last year I bought my boy (who was 12½ then) the GK jersey and he had to have a size S as the kids size below was too small for him (which annoyed my wallet somewhat).  We've been down to try on the new GK jersey and the S was like a tent on him and a 12-13 fits perfectly with a bit of 'grow' room to spare.

I got myself the half zip black tracksuit top - last years I had to get an XL (even though every other garment I own an L fits perfectly), this year a 2XL - therefore I deduce size up on some stuff, size down on others 

That's strange because I've got the keeper kit and large fitted as expected, a little bit loose but no different to last year. I ordered online and didn't want to take chances, but I suspect I might have just got into a medium

It does feel less fitted though, so can understand the tent comment. it's very boxy and just hangs straight down from the under arms. It's not the most flattering shirt I've ever worn

Be interesting to see what we wear tonight? Will presumably need the third kit?

35 minutes ago, City Slicker said:

Yes mate

Of course, I'm at work at the moment so I'll take one later. 

Ah nice one. I've just messaged the seller and he said they don't know when they will be made by the factory, so not available at the moment.