IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Imagine that in red with a white and black stripe….. Jon….. Jon…. Imagine that please. 

We had that Hummel away a couple of seasons back with the red and black stripe on a white shirt.   Oh the good old days!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20240726_200323_Gallery.jpg

Bloody hell , is that our so called motto ? . Hardly seize the day is it. 
we play to win 😂😂 that must make us unique as I’m sure every other clubs goes out to deliberately lose ffs 

It’s like having a bloody 7 year old in charge .

It should be 

WE ALWAYS BELIEVE we’ll finish 12th  

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’d go so far as to say it would be perfectly fine with just the Robin.

No need for any writing 

Not least the inconsistent use of capital letters!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not least the inconsistent use of capital letters!

Yeah even without that ridiculous motto it still wouldn’t look right.

looks childish to me but like has been said many times with the new home kit sometimes less is more, I just wish whoever designed these products would stop overthinking and overdoing the designs 

Edited by Back of the Dolman
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

It doesn't matter what it is, some people seem to want to find anything to have a moan about at the moment. 

Sad.

I think people are just giving an opinion.

the club could easily be improving their revenue with better products, that’s just common sense and good business.

Is it wrong to want better ?

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

Just now, Back of the Dolman said:

I think people are just giving an opinion.

the club could easily be improving their revenue with better products, that’s just common sense and good business.

Is it wrong to want better ?

Apparently so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

It doesn't matter what it is, some people seem to want to find anything to have a moan about at the moment. 

Sad.

Seems that way.

Just a few people gobbing off with stuff thay can't back up and the sheep lapping it up and following.

I agree, it's sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems that way.

Just a few people gobbing off with stuff thay can't back up and the sheep lapping it up and following.

I agree, it's sad.

Heaven forbid people share an opinion.

i presume as you’re agreeing with ooRya then you must be lapping up his opinion like a sheep !

Edited by Back of the Dolman
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Sad.

No. If it’s praiseworthy people will say so . The (slogan) is embarrassing & like it’s been written by a child. The home kit collar is abysmal. However the away kit is up there with the last Hummel kits, it’s very smart. 
If you want to be all North Korea & worship everything then fill your boots . 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20240726_200323_Gallery.jpg

That is dreadful

Even put the weird phrase they’ve come up with to one side

the type face and layout is crap, the writing is too small

We put out some really poor merch compared to most other clubs

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That’s a nice looking hoodie if it didn’t have that bollocks underneath the “Bristol City”

I'm already wondering if I could peel off the text😄

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I put the hoodie through the wash 4 or 5 times, but unfortunately the text is as good as new.

I complained, and to be fair, the shop staff were as good as gold, and issued a full refund.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Corrected for you matey

Hilarious. 

I don't think anyone can deny that since NP was sacked, some people seem to want nothing more than to find any stick to beat the club with.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, ooRya said:

Hilarious. 

I don't think anyone can deny that since NP was sacked, some people seem to want nothing more than to find any stick to beat the club with.

Any surprise given how badly they handled that it opened up a lot of people’s eyes? Yeah, thought not. 

But take that away, there’s been very heavy criticism of merch for ages now, let’s not pretend it’s some recent stick people beat the club with. 

I can think of one or two posters that are critical of absolutely everything.  That’s a tiny percentage of users. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Hilarious. 

Well personally I judge each subject on its own merit.

My opinion isn’t formed due to Nigel Pearsons sacking.

in all fairness if I offered you one of those black hoodies with a simple robin on it or with a load of writing over it, which would you choose ?

my opinion on it is as simplistic as that and has nothing to do with beating the  club with a stick due to the sacking of NP.
really need to move on from that sort of talk 

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Hilarious. 

No, people without agendas can easily divorce a managerial sacking from things like kit design.  If you read the kit stuff, you’ll see the vast majority think the home kit - primarily the collars, cuffs and shorts part is shit…but they love the away kit.  So you’ll find people can quote happily praise when it’s due and criticise accordingly.

But you like to think its do with something else.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, people without agendas can easily divorce a managerial sacking from things like kit design.  If you read the kit stuff, you’ll see the vast majority think the home kit - primarily the collars, cuffs and shorts part is shit…but they love the away kit.  So you’ll find people can quote happily praise when it’s due and criticise accordingly.

I'm not sure the highlighted bit is true.

But I agree with the rest.

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

When it comes to clothes imo , less is more . It’s got more class. All shouting says  on a t shirt or hoodie imo is amateur . 
make sure the clothes  are very well made then just the badge. If it was me I’d bring out a retro badge range . Again , very well made with the robin/bridge badge & also the one before . The gate with a robin sat on top . A range for us older lot . The kits are for kids & that’s how it should be . 
I hate to say it but off the pitch we’re turning into the gas 

• Like 2

• Admin
18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I hate to say it but off the pitch we’re turning into the gas 

As much as I hate to say this, but Rovers have been light years ahead of us with their casual clothes range for years. 

The below are items they're currently selling, replace those badges with a Robin and these items would fly off the shelves

Screenshot_20240726_222354_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_222417_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_222508_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_222526_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

Stop me if I’m wrong (and I think the hoodie is decent bar the slogan), but wasn’t the slogan part of our season ticket sales video? I have a thought in the back of my head that at the end of that, Liam Manning emerged from darkness and folded his arms saying the slogan?

In which case I don’t think it’s just a tagline on a hoodie, but something the club think resonates well and will be used a lot going forwards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

As much as I hate to say this, but Rovers have been light years ahead of us with their casual clothes range for years. 

The below are items they're currently selling, replace those badges with a Robin and these items would fly off the shelves

£90 for a Rovers rain jacket ! 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Stop me if I’m wrong (and I think the hoodie is decent bar the slogan), but wasn’t the slogan part of our season ticket sales video? I have a thought in the back of my head that at the end of that, Liam Manning emerged from darkness and folded his arms saying the slogan?

In which case I don’t think it’s just a tagline on a hoodie, but something the club think resonates well and will be used a lot going forwards.

I saw the vid again the other day I'm pretty sure it was among other bits ie input by Murray and Tinnion.

50 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Hilarious. 

Not at all. Personally I don't connect the two things in the slightest. Praise where praise is due, but the club shouldn't be beyond criticism either. I think for a long, long time they have badly failed us with merchandise.

I think the simpler it is the more it's going to appeal to more people, and that's the idea isn't it that people will want to wear it to feel part of the club and spend their money. I don't want to wear over thought garments and I won't spend my money. Last year I got a black hoodie a jacket  and a gillet, that will do me for this season. 

My choice until they do better. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah, to be fair its reallynot rocket science. Clean and simple designs, plenty in each range to choose from and more importantly correctly stocked both online and in the club shop..

Not that i buy replica kit or leisure wear but its always nice to see the players in half about gear and it has been piss poor from the moment O'neills have come onboard.

Add to that the fact that the boy has been clearly able to get more of a say on the designs with O'neills and it's a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

100%.

For the first time in many, many years I bought a shirt, the away one. I really like it.

On Thursday I saw a young kiddie on Park St wearing the home one, after momentarily thinking fair play to him for supporting his local team, I looked at the shirt.

It’s ******* awful, the collar is just terrible.

Our “brand” is a mess, every colour, every font, different slogan & design on stuff.

We are amateur.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Our “brand” is a mess, every colour, every font, different slogan & design on stuff.

We are amateur.

Agree with the bits above, but I know someone who is a city fan and worked in Brand / Marketing for companies like Carlsberg and he says it’s awful the lack of brand consistency, ie there isn’t one.  Personally I haven’t got a clue on the creative stuff, but I listen to people like him.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

That is dreadful

Even put the weird phrase they’ve come up with to one side

the type face and layout is crap, the writing is too small

We put out some really poor merch compared to most other clubs

There is absolutely no way they sell that it must be a short run for players only - imagine anyone else walking round with "We exist to inspire" on their front and not having the piss taken on repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

That really isn’t any better than what we have.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Away shirt is very good I must say.

Haven't got a shirt home or away in years but I might get that one.

I agree. But for me that makes it even more frustrating how we got a decent clean and simple away shirt, yet got an over complicated abomination of a home shirt. How did we get that so wrong? Now it looks like the hoodie is off on another tangent, and the keepers shirts another.

As mentioned there is no consistency. It looks very amateur when we should be looking professional and Championship level not non league.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, 42nite said:

That badge maybe 50 years old now is still better than ours!

Iconic badge from my youth. I wonder if they’ve thought of bringing back those sock tie-ups with the numbers on? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I noticed the same thing, but I think you may be leaning too far into the idea that Jon actually has a plan for this stuff.

We did the same with the "splat robin" last season. Out of nowhere it appeared on the third kit, the leisurewear, the social media promotions, and even on a big mural in the HPC.
In response to the fans' concern that "splat" might become a permenant image for City, the club came out and basically said "No, it's just here for this season because it's Jon's latest drawing".

I think the same may be true of this slogan - there's no longer term plan, it's just Jon's latest design. After all, if we decide to stick to one consistent style, motto, or identity, then it gives less scope for Jon to design whatever random new crap he wants to next season!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I noticed the same thing, but I think you may be leaning too far into the idea that Jon actually has a plan for this stuff.

We did the same with the "splat robin" last season. Out of nowhere it appeared on the third kit, the leisurewear, the social media promotions, and even on a big mural in the HPC.
In response to the fans' concern that "splat" might become a permenant image for City, the club came out and basically said "No, it's just here for this season because it's Jon's latest drawing".

I think the same may be true of this slogan - there's no longer term plan, it's just Jon's latest design. After all, if we decide to stick to one consistent style, motto, or identity, then it gives less scope for Jon to design whatever random new crap he wants to next season!

The splat is on a lot of the new stuff as well...

2 hours ago, ooRya said:

Hilarious. 

We don't have to want to find a stick... The club whittle the bloody things and hand them to us on a silver platter. For every single decent thing the club comes out with there's probably five that can be criticised.

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Which worries me even more. Who in their right minds thinks . “We play to win “ is suitable for any professional football club . I mean, who is that cretin running this past to get approval . They’re obviously just nodding dogs . It’s pathetic . It also runs deeper than that . If that’s the level & it seems it is of professionalism through the club then within the next couple of seasons I do expect relegation . This might seem extreme basing that on a hoodie 😂 but when standards drop it grows through everything . Look at the twine & Conway situations , amateurs . That ******* idiot is running our football club . Something we all laughed at happening 10 years ago . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I hope to God, that whoever had influence on the away design (playing and warm up kit) is involved in next season's kit design, which I guess might already a done deal.

I said before. I think they locked Jon in a cupboard when they designed the away kit 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I hope to God, that whoever had influence on the away design (playing and warm up kit) is involved in next season's kit design

Bit optimistic to think it was a different person. More likely to be a monkeys/typewriters/stopped clock scenario. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Which worries me even more. Who in their right minds thinks . “We play to win “ is suitable for any professional football club . I mean, who is that cretin running this past to get approval . They’re obviously just nodding dogs . 

Nodding dogs in shirts though.

#Maverick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Which worries me even more. Who in their right minds thinks . “We play to win “ is suitable for any professional football club . I mean, who is that cretin running this past to get approval . They’re obviously just nodding dogs . It’s pathetic . It also runs deeper than that . If that’s the level & it seems it is of professionalism through the club then within the next couple of seasons I do expect relegation . This might seem extreme basing that on a hoodie 😂 but when standards drop it grows through everything . Look at the twine & Conway situations , amateurs . That ******* idiot is running our football club . Something we all laughed at happening 10 years ago . 

I'm not sure about relegation tbh but I agree with a lot of your post.

A faulty structure (by which I mean some of the top brass) can at the very least inhibit a club and its growth, development etc.

On the pitch could be worse but it could also be better and the problems lie higher up than the first team.

• Like 1

I think it's clear that @ooRya has a point with what they said.

Otherwise people would be able to criticise the stuff put out without it always leading to personal attacks.

Has this thread even managed a page without "maverick" or "crayon boy" or similar used.

That's not criticism of the output, but personal issues with JL and mocking of the person rather than criticising the design.

And it's largely the same group of posters who come out with those same 'jokes' time and again.

Edited by Severn Beach Pigeon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure about relegation tbh but I agree with a lot of your post.

A faulty structure (by which I mean some of the top brass) can at the very least inhibit a club and its growth, development etc.

On the pitch could be worse but it could also be better and the problems lie higher up than the first team.

The way we’re run from the top . We’re a mess. If it’s true about the banishment of Tommy to not even eat with the first team then that shows how petulant , egotistical & childish tinnion is . Added to that what seems to be trouble in getting deals over the line , dragging our feet . The ineptitude of JL etc. it all has a snow ball effect . Perhaps not this season , but the cracks are starting to show . I actually feel sorry for manning really . We’re a million miles away from where we were with Gould or Alexander running things . They could guide tinnion to an extent. Now we have an idiot as chairman who is nowhere near qualified to run a football club & an illiterate , childish director of football & no CEO. It’s only going to end one way long term . 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

On 27/07/2024 at 01:13, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Probably been said somewhere in the thread, but why can’t the “away warm up t-shirt” have been the home kit…

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/kit/away-kit/adult/3208_2425-bristol-city-away-warm-up-tee-adult.html

I said that. Maybe O'Neills will listen, and next year's kit's already sorted. Knock £10 off for the saving in design work.

Edited by SecretSam
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wonder which category our 3rd kit will fit into, love or hate?

That 3rd kit is going to be interesting.

Home kit smacks of over thinking and feeling like they needed something different. Part of that is fair, but the mismatch of squares and diamonds makes it look like someone has shopped for a Sunday morning side at to different outlets.

The away kit is very nice, but just a spin on the 'heritage" kit from a while ago . Nice , smart and simple and just reversed and tweaked the Red. 
I don't think they will go with the training kit as it is too similar to that shirt and people have already bought that .

The thing with changing every kit every year is coming up with new designs. We must have surely over fished the retro styles, at least for a while. This is where suppliers prove their worth . 
At least with the away and 3rd kits they can think outside the box as there is no set colour to have to follow. In my opinion the away and 3rd kits have been pretty good , I grew to quite like the faded yellow it was just that Robin that ruined it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I said that. Maybe O'Neills will listen, and next year's kit's already sorted. Knock £10 off for the saving in design work.

If I had SL's money I'd rescind the current home kit & instruct a simple collar change to just white. Offer refunds or free replacement kits to those who have bought. 

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up. 

• Like 3