IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I just want them to redo the green monstrosity from the 90s. I never had it, and I want it. 

This one ?

Screenshot2024-07-29at21_20_07.png.d5e8f96e116d692c6cd7a9241dac7297.png

That is horrendous , I might be tempted 🤣

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This one ?

Screenshot2024-07-29at21_20_07.png.d5e8f96e116d692c6cd7a9241dac7297.png

That is horrendous , I might be tempted 🤣

Yes! It’s 96ish.  Sensible Soccer is life - Ronnie? Mauge from Plymouth on the left, coupled by Matt Hewlett on the right.  They could literally run rings round the opposition. 

I dominated Europe in that kit.  In fact, time to re download it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

By far the nicest kit we’ve ever produced.

There was a similar green or grey single colour version with orange iconography wasn't there? I think that was the last one I loved.

10 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

The away kit that season was also lovely, the white one with the two vertical black and red stripes

Edited by SecretSam
white
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Agreed. 

Hummel designers even got Jon’s ‘Suspension Bridge Diamonds’ on that kit - without Jon, the Club or us even noticing. Genius. 

We may have suffered major supply issues with Hummel, but they did produce some nice kits. If they’ve sorted their supply change out would love to go back to them and their kit designers. 

• Like 1

Well I’ll say it, I think O’Neills have done bloody well with this trio of kits. All hits for me. All fairly simple but with something to give a bit of character, good stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Well I’ll say it, I think O’Neills have done bloody well with this trio of kits. All hits for me. All fairly simple but with something to give a bit of character, good stuff. 

The home colour is nothing short of a disgrace!  

I don’t really care but it is awful 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Really? Even the home kit?

Each to their own, but that home kit is one of the worst I've seen (and we've had some awful/strange ones over the last few years).

It's not just the design - O'Neills seem to have botched the collar again. Surely any kit that doesn't appear to even fit the human body correctly has to be below average?😂

• Like 3

• Admin
43 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

What are you actually giving them credit for? 

• Like 1

Away shirt is the best we've had for ages , real winner IMO.

3rd kit , nearly very good. Nice but I would have liked the collar to be Red to match the cuffs , minor gripe though as it still looks good.

Home kit , well . I think if they had put diamonds on the shorts it would have looked better. The collar isn't great but mixing the design up makes it look amateurish .

I know we use manufacturers who allow our kits to be individual , but I'd love to know how far that goes. Does the  ONeil's in house have any input ? Some of the decisions have been childish and as I say amateurish .

• Like 3

Overall, pretty pleased with the kits this season. My favourites in this order:

home GK kit

Away kit

third kit

home kit

whilst I don’t think the home kit is our best ever, I do commend the club for trying to do something different within pretty limited parameters. Does it work completely? no. Is it as bad as some are making out? Of course it isn’t! 

• Like 4

Just can’t get my head around how we have a truly horrific collar and sleeves on the home kit with a made up link to Clifton, short pattern that doesn’t match the shirt, and then follow that up with an away kit and third kit that’s just block colours throughout 😅

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought you meant that actual design 

I've clearly been in the sun too much today 

Bloody horrible isn’t it. My room is like a sauna - long, uncomfortable night tonight!

Have any parents of under 12s with season tickets been sent an email with the pin etc to order the free shirt? The article on the website today with the launch of the third kit suggests emails have already been sent out. I haven't received this email yet. I just wanted to check this is the case before I spend however long trying to get through to supporter services on the phone! 

4 hours ago, MythikRobins said:

This years away shirt might be my favourite in a very long time, this third kit seems like a worse version of last years away kit and the home kit well the less said about that the better.

Spot on mate

1 hour ago, dazza247 said:

Have any parents of under 12s with season tickets been sent an email with the pin etc to order the free shirt? The article on the website today with the launch of the third kit suggests emails have already been sent out. I haven't received this email yet. I just wanted to check this is the case before I spend however long trying to get through to supporter services on the phone! 

Yes, received on 17th July. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, t_b said:

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/championship-2024-25-kits/

Looks like we might as well just get it shipped directly from O’Neills to the North East as we will only need it away to Boro & Sunderland?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Stoke, Sheffield United 

I don’t think colour clashes are the only reason we use the third kit. I’ve no idea what the reasons are mind….l😆

• Like 1

Not a fan tbh! Both 2nd and 3rd kits are fine! But both a white and black in one season? 

Where's the fun? Where's the pop? Where's the bit of fun? It's all in bit standardized and boring!!

As i said, both are perfectly fine kits, i just don't see the point in both in one season.

• Like 1

After being let down by the shop at the last minute for Xmas presents,  I've now been told that they can't supply the kits for my two boys because they've run out of letters and numbers!

It's July! Who did the logistics on that order?

Wouldn't mind a bit of an extra wait but my eldest is meant to be a mascot on 17th August and obviously can't risk that so he'll have to get a blank kit.  For him,  receiving a new shirt with his name on is the main thing. 

When you pay £200 for a couple of kids football kits (which I still can't believe I've done), the least you expect is to get what you've ordered in a reasonable time. 

Next year definitely gonna be £15 online kits. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

After being let down by the shop at the last minute for Xmas presents,  I've now been told that they can't supply the kits for my two boys because they've run out of letters and numbers!

It's July! Who did the logistics on that order?

Wouldn't mind a bit of an extra wait but my eldest is meant to be a mascot on 17th August and obviously can't risk that so he'll have to get a blank kit.  For him,  receiving a new shirt with his name on is the main thing. 

When you pay £200 for a couple of kids football kits (which I still can't believe I've done), the least you expect is to get what you've ordered in a reasonable time. 

Next year definitely gonna be £15 online kits. 

I'm surprised they don't give mascots a free kit? Didn't realise they had to wear their own

It is poor that things appear to be out of stock, but that happened with the GK kit and then replenished a couple of days later.

Can't really complain about the black kit, but it's also nothing special really. It's nice enough, think the away kit is the best by far

13 hours ago, t_b said:

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/championship-2024-25-kits/

Looks like we might as well just get it shipped directly from O’Neills to the North East as we will only need it away to Boro & Sunderland?

No guarantee we'd not be wearing the away kit for those matches.  We did against the red and white striped Cheltenham on Friday.  It was a shocker of a call mind, at times I struggled at a glance to see which team was which.  

9 hours ago, The turtle said:

Not a fan tbh! Both 2nd and 3rd kits are fine! But both a white and black in one season? 

Where's the fun? Where's the pop? Where's the bit of fun? It's all in bit standardized and boring!!

As i said, both are perfectly fine kits, i just don't see the point in both in one season.

Checks and diamonds man, checks and diamonds!  It's so funky...it's so.......Maverick!

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

No guarantee we'd not be wearing the away kit for those matches.  We did against the red and white striped Cheltenham on Friday.  It was a shocker of a call mind, at times I struggled at a glance to see which team was which.  

Checks and diamonds man, checks and diamonds!  It's so funky...it's so.......Maverick!

🤣🤣🤣 On the wrong damn kit 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

And so Bristol, apparently 🤦‍♀️

• Admin
48 minutes ago, RedM said:

Squad numbers aren't out yet are they. I would hold fire maybe. I heard one change which doesn't make sense regarding the player. Might just be rumours of course, and no NOT Conway 😆

Sounds like the one I was told about a few weeks ago, I had to laugh when pointing something obvious out about it

How is the Away Kit sold out already in the online store?!? 😂

And lots of other kits (e.g. goalkeeper) all sold out in anything except either very small or very large.

How do we continually struggle with stock levels!?

Edited by eyeamthu1
  • Like 3

Home kit is a frankenstein of a kit - why we have gone with the patterning on the shirt collar, sleeve trims and shorts is beyond me.

Away kit is tidy. Simple, but smart & elegant.

Third is fine; just a bit boring. Like the Away kit, it's generally going for simplicity, but just isn't pulled off as well, so comes across as the inferior kit and thus a bit boring.  I also think the third kit is the one to have a bit of fun with, and try out something a bit different - although I mean 'good different' (e.g. the Robin Hummel kit) rather than 'bad different' (e.g. checkered diamonds on your collar & sleeves).

Also, something else that really bothers me on the third kit is the crest. I noticed it straight away as it looking "wrong". That's because it is. It surely breaks the brand guidelines and is an inconsistency?
As far as I'm aware there are two versions of the crest -
1. Its standard full-colour state, where you shouldn't ever mess with the colours or combination of colours
2. An entirely monochrome state, which can be reproduced in any single colour

This is some variant of the standard full-colour state, where the ring surrounding the robin (containing BRISTOL CITY) here is produced in black, rather than the standard red. Just looks wrong, and is sloppy - for what is the single most important element of the new Bristol City brand.

[Edit: Just seen @Olé also spotted this previously and pointed it out on some of the new training wear!]

Edited by eyeamthu1
  • Like 3