IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Squad numbers aren't out yet are they. I would hold fire maybe. I heard one change which doesn't make sense regarding the player. Might just be rumours of course, and no NOT Conway 😆

Vyner?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Sounds like the one I was told about a few weeks ago, I had to laugh when pointing something obvious out about it

Obviously Vyner then. I thought the same when I saw him wearing a different number a few weeks ago too. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Squad numbers aren't out yet are they. I would hold fire maybe. I heard one change which doesn't make sense regarding the player. Might just be rumours of course, and no NOT Conway 😆

Interesting! Yu had number 7 in his signing pics, assumed that was his permanent number.

2 hours ago, eyeamthu1 said:

How is the Away Kit sold out already in the online store?!? 😂

And lots of other kits (e.g. goalkeeper) all sold out in anything except either very small or very large.

How do we continually struggle with stock levels!?

It’s really terrible how this can happen before August! Year after year, merchandise disaster. 

59 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s really terrible how this can happen before August! Year after year, merchandise disaster. 

They have a shelf full of woolly hats 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Nice to see Inkie involved.

Really? That 3rd kit warm up top looks like someone opened a literal can of worms and spilled it all over the design canvas! It almost makes the home shirt passable! (I said almost!)

12 hours ago, eyeamthu1 said:

Also, something else that really bothers me on the third kit is the crest. I noticed it straight away as it looking "wrong". That's because it is. It surely breaks the brand guidelines and is an inconsistency?
As far as I'm aware there are two versions of the crest -
1. Its standard full-colour state, where you shouldn't ever mess with the colours or combination of colours
2. An entirely monochrome state, which can be reproduced in any single colour

This is some variant of the standard full-colour state, where the ring surrounding the robin (containing BRISTOL CITY) here is produced in black, rather than the standard red. Just looks wrong, and is sloppy - for what is the single most important element of the new Bristol City brand.

[Edit: Just seen @Olé also spotted this previously and pointed it out on some of the new training wear!]

Yes I saw that this now extended to the new away kit and was completely embarrassed for the club. It’s proof that they don’t employ anyone with a shred of commercial experience working with and establishing brands, as they are simply ignoring the guidelines (brand bible) that they were given by the consultancy they paid for it.

I understand in non footballing roles we always necessarily hire enthusiastic junior people and pay under market, hence the lack of real experience and feeling of amateurism that comes from plenty we do - but leading this I thought we had the maverick founder of FeverPitch who led our rebra.. oh wait he has no experience either.

It’s a shambles and I stand by my prediction which you kindly linked to, that our crest will be finished and replaced before the decade is up. At this point we may as well hand over to DHgate and give up as the club seem quite happy producing knock off versions of what is supposed to be their own single most important brand asset. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Yes I saw that this now extended to the new away kit and was completely embarrassed for the club. It’s proof that they don’t employ anyone with a shred of commercial experience working with and establishing brands, as they are simply ignoring the guidelines (brand bible) that they were given by the consultancy they paid for it.

I understand in non footballing roles we always necessarily hire enthusiastic junior people and pay under market, hence the lack of real experience and feeling of amateurism that comes from plenty we do - but leading this I thought we had the maverick founder of FeverPitch who led our rebra.. oh wait he has no experience either.

It’s a shambles and I stand by my prediction which you kindly linked to, that our crest will be finished and replaced before the decade is up. At this point we may as well hand over to DHgate and give up as the club seem quite happy producing knock off versions of what is supposed to be their own single most important brand asset. 

Including colour changes, we’ve had 15 different club crests on our first-team shirts at various points during the past eight seasons. Fifteen!

Five of those have been completely different badges altogether.

So much for identity.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Funny you should mention DHgate. Just looked there for the 2nd kit, but not available. 

5 hours ago, Olé said:

It’s a shambles and I stand by my prediction which you kindly linked to, that our crest will be finished and replaced before the decade is up. 

Let's hope so. #Nomorechilli

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Funny you should mention DHgate. Just looked there for the 2nd kit, but not available. 

I ordered the new away shirt from DHgate, not yet received though 

Edited by Rocky

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I ordered the new away shirt from DHgate, not yet received though 

i ordered away shirt for me, home shirt for son,he wont even notice how shit it is, and a third kit for my mate who im going to some away games with.

When we selected O'Neills following Hummels failure I was pretty worried about their ability to design a kit that wasn't garish (go and look at their Gaelic football offerings) but they've been better than I expected. Perhaps Jon reigned them in a bit on the design side?! 🎣

This year all three kits are decent except the home one where they should have opted for checks or diamonds and with diamonds shouldn't have doubled them up.

The criticism I have of O'Neills is that they're clearly pretty limited in their material technology. Their only trick appears to be to 'print whatever pattern/graphic you want on a very low quality stock material'. When you compare it to the matchday kits that Nike/adidas etc. produce nowadays where the material itself is highly technical and beautifully tailored ours looks decades old. The print quality is also poor - just look at the 'always believe' detail. I wonder what it's like to play in and if that has any competitive detriment? I do play 5-a-side in my O'Neills kit from last season and it can be tight around the colour and hot in comparison to the major brands.

A side note that I haven't seen discussed - The club needs to improve is the kit photography so it represents the true colours - you can barely spot the pattern on the black third kit and the away kit is difficult to tell if it's cream / off-white or white. Can anyone with the away confirm?

Does anyone know how the shirts are coming up this year? Looking to buy adult home shirt as can’t  be bothered to wait for away shirt. Last year I didn’t find the material was a comfortable fit, would you say it’s best to order a size up? 

5 hours ago, Thomas_red said:

A side note that I haven't seen discussed - The club needs to improve is the kit photography so it represents the true colours - you can barely spot the pattern on the black third kit and the away kit is difficult to tell if it's cream / off-white or white. Can anyone with the away confirm?

The away kit is 100% cream/off white. I have seen it in person. It's not creamy yellow but creamy white if you know what I mean. It looks white until you put it next to white then you can see the shade difference. It really is a nice kit.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I know I’ve said it before but if you are buying from dhgate please be aware the badge is nowhere near correct and it is obvious you are wearing a fake one.

If any of the above concerns yourself. 

I guess it's kind of lucky dip which one you'd get lol 

• Admin
10 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Including colour changes, we’ve had 15 different club crests on our first-team shirts at various points during the past eight seasons. Fifteen!

Five of those have been completely different badges altogether.

So much for identity.

Would someone be able to put something together showing this please? 

Showing which badge is on which item? 

I'd like to raise this with the football club as it's really not good enough 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Does anyone know how the shirts are coming up this year? Looking to buy adult home shirt as can’t  be bothered to wait for away shirt. Last year I didn’t find the material was a comfortable fit, would you say it’s best to order a size up? 

I think the sizing is pretty hit and miss. Certainly when I tried some of the keeper shirts in the club shop, I found neck sizes and chest sizes to vary on the same size shirt. Only one size large wouldn’t even go over my head. Gave up, but did end up with an away shirt despite the sleeve cuff being a little tight. 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Please ask who is designing the kits ( I know we know) 

Im way past the age of buying shirts but it would be good to see our team going on the pitch looking the part . That collar on the home kits makes it one of the worst in our history. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Please ask who is designing the kits ( I know we know) 

Im way past the age of buying shirts but it would be good to see our team going on the pitch looking the part . That collar on the home kits makes it one of the worst in our history. 

The club etc are (like last years badge nightmare) fully aware of the feedback around the collar 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

The club etc are (like last years badge nightmare) fully aware of the feedback around the collar 

To run out of an away shirt after 4 weeks is absolutely shocking .. are they aware of that ? If so some needs sacking for being totally incompetent of running a shop …

• Like 1

On 31/07/2024 at 18:51, Rocky said:

Interesting! Yu had number 7 in his signing pics, assumed that was his permanent number.

It would be a monumental **** up by the club to announce a player and show him off with his shirt number and then change it… although they’ve already changed his name on the shirt haven’t they?

26 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

To run out of an away shirt after 4 weeks is absolutely shocking .. are they aware of that ? If so some needs sacking for being totally incompetent of running a shop …

The keeper kit showed as sold out within a day, then a couple of days later it was replenished

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It would be a monumental **** up by the club to announce a player and show him off with his shirt number and then change it… although they’ve already changed his name on the shirt haven’t they?

The keeper kit showed as sold out within a day, then a couple of days later it was replenished

Away with my Arsenal supporting in laws and they cannot believe we change squad numbers each season. Can’t get kits until we have a clue who is wearing what shirt! Yu 7 is only option at present. So when ordering online are we saying best to go one size above, eg large if a medium, extra large if a large? 

Here’s 21 variations across five different club crests during the past 10 seasons, all displayed on first-team kits.

84F826AD-7998-40A9-AF35-8B07968B70DE.jpeg

56C0D342-4794-4B38-AF0D-F95CE64CA42C.jpeg

7F0455E5-11FD-42FB-A4B8-C57CB12B1398.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I guess it's kind of lucky dip which one you'd get :laugh: 

The kits themselves are fine, it’s just the badges, it’s a fabric badge rather than the correct rubber type.

I keep getting my kids them and they don’t care, but if you’re a fully grown adult who likes a replica kit then it’s obvious you’re wearing a fake one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously don’t care then 

And obviously not by committee unless it was by a committee of two people who happen to share the same genes 🤔

If it was by a committee of more than two people (who were allowed a voice) I cannot believe we would've ended up with that collar.

Same goes for the red sleeves on the 3rd kit. Just doesn't look right. Keep it simple & black like the collar. And if people say it's repeat of last year then change the shirt colour.

I will credit them for the away kit, which I think is fantastic, but I can't believe the same 'committee' chose that one so maybe they gave Maggie licence!

10 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

The kits themselves are fine, it’s just the badges, it’s a fabric badge rather than the correct rubber type.

I keep getting my kids them and they don’t care, but if you’re a fully grown adult who likes a replica kit then it’s obvious you’re wearing a fake one. 

Suits me I guess - I’ve got all sorts that are useful kick abouts, or wearing when I’m bbqing as they end up getting stained by charcoal/oil/beer ect - easy to write off £16, more annoying on something that’s cost £60 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I know I’ve said it before but if you are buying from dhgate please be aware the badge is nowhere near correct and it is obvious you are wearing a fake one.

If any of the above concerns yourself. 

Seemingly it's the same on the kit from the shop where no two badges are the same!  Would anyone even know if it's wrong anymore?!?

13 hours ago, phantom said:

And yet, still they are selling clothes with the splat on.....

13 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

How is it shocking?  Poor for sure, but shocking?  It's not like we don't have form for this!

1 hour ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

He's my mate, you couldn't be more wrong 🤣

In which case could you ask him to give Jon his crayons back.  That warm up top is horrendous!  In fact, just tell him to bin them....we don't want them going back to him! 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Suits me I guess - I’ve got all sorts that are useful kick abouts, or wearing when I’m bbqing as they end up getting stained by charcoal/oil/beer ect - easy to write off £16, more annoying on something that’s cost £60 

I agree with you on that front, it just if someone’s expecting an exact replica and end up disappointed. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Away with my Arsenal supporting in laws and they cannot believe we change squad numbers each season. Can’t get kits until we have a clue who is wearing what shirt! Yu 7 is only option at present. So when ordering online are we saying best to go one size above, eg large if a medium, extra large if a large? 

Every club has to submit their squad numbers each season?

Many players don’t change year to year but some do for personal reasons and of course players come and go.

In the last couple of years Saliba changed from 12 to 2, Odegaard from 11 to 8, Partey 18 to 5, Nketiah from 30 to 14 and that’s just a few…

Not really sure what your in laws are on about here.

Fair play to Luton. From a fan perspective spending money I salute it - as someone who enjoys seeing the new kits every year it’s a bit of a shame though, but probably the right thing for clubs to be doing

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Before I cut into valuable drinking time tomorrow does anyone know if the away shirt is also sold out in the actual shop rather than online? 

i had a look at the falkirk shirt last night,(on tv) and noticed it was o neills. not a bad shirt but was confused what the logo was. looked like a carrot with a chunk missing so i looked it up. main sponsor is crunchy carrots. things could be worse on ours:laugh:

Club should be raking in sales of new kits today. Instead everyone is crammed into a shop clearly far too small for purpose - despite being built in 2017 and having had 7 years to do something about it - and they have no stock of the away kit. Oneill quality still looks miles off too.

It's so strange that the Club hasn't learnt over the years and got the balanace of stock right.  To run out of shirts so soon and not have sufficient volume befote the season has even started seems like a big missed opportunity to make money.

Appreciate, more stock will come in, but days like today seem like a great occassion to cash in.

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason for it though 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, petehinton said:

Club shop absolute carnage, and sold out of loads of stuff already again. Standard first day!

We are an embarrassment in this area. It’s like we are running Yeovil Town! Can’t believe the away kit and shorts for kids all sold out and season hasn’t even started. Don’t hear this at other clubs, maybe we should revert to a decent kit supplier like Adidas like we did in the past. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i had a look at the falkirk shirt last night,(on tv) and noticed it was o neills. not a bad shirt but was confused what the logo was. looked like a carrot with a chunk missing so i looked it up. main sponsor is crunchy carrots. things could be worse on ours:laugh:

If it was ours they'd mistakenly show a radish!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We are an embarrassment in this area. It’s like we are running Yeovil Town! Can’t believe the away kit and shorts for kids all sold out and season hasn’t even started. Don’t hear this at other clubs, maybe we should revert to a decent kit supplier like Adidas like we did in the past. 

A decent kit supplier yes, Adidas no. They were a disaster. Boring template kits and some sizes weren't available in the shop until March! 

On 02/08/2024 at 20:15, MarcusX said:

Fair play to Luton. From a fan perspective spending money I salute it - as someone who enjoys seeing the new kits every year it’s a bit of a shame though, but probably the right thing for clubs to be doing

Back in the B&W days, many clubs kept kits for 2 seasons. With carbon footprint being a focus now, this may become a trend. Haven't Exeter been doing it for years?

PS Luton's kit is gross

Edited by SecretSam
  • Like 1

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The club shop was mental yesterday. It’s simply not big enough…

This is widely recognised but until the sporting quarter is resolved it's all we've got 

6 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Back in the B&W days, many clubs kept kits for 2 seasons. With carbon footprint being a focus now, this may become a trend. Haven't Exeter been doing it for years?

PS Luton's kit is gross

City have long said they change theirs annually because it’s such a money maker.

Obviously we’ve since see a pivot, where thousands are essentially given away with a season ticket, and not enough are made to satisfy demand. 

That aside, I could see clubs going down the two season route if the cheap knock offs really start to eat into sales. 

58 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The club shop was mental yesterday. It’s simply not big enough…

The issue isn't the size of the shop, it is probably too big 300 days of the year, the space needs to be managed more efficiently. 

One of everything in every size on the shop floor, changing rooms and a till, the rest of the space can be Argos-esk, STOCK.

Made a decision on what you want, go to a till, pay for it and someone grabs it and off you go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The issue isn't the size of the shop, it is probably too big 300 days of the year, the space needs to be managed more efficiently. 

One of everything in every size on the shop floor, changing rooms and a till, the rest of the space can be Argos-esk, STOCK.

Made a decision on what you want, go to a till, pay for it and someone grabs it and off you go.

Especially when you have a coffee shop attached to the shop. “You can wait here for 5 minutes whilst we get the stock to you, or you can grab a coffee and we’ll bring it to you”. 

Obviously not workable on match days but on weekdays when there’s lower staff numbers, it would be a winner. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It can't be that difficult to make it a City shop on match days and remove the majority of the Bears items. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Especially when you have a coffee shop attached to the shop. “You can wait here for 5 minutes whilst we get the stock to you, or you can grab a coffee and we’ll bring it to you”. 

Obviously not workable on match days but on weekdays when there’s lower staff numbers, it would be a winner. 

I think it could be done if organised properly. 
One of every size on the racks, so 9 shirts and tickets you can take to the check out . You would only need a couple on the tills and 1 or 2 'runners' to fetch the shirts . Those shirts should be on racks or in boxes all marked and separated , then it's grab and go. We make it seem so much harder than it should be. 

I think it's so amateurish seemingly running out of stock on every popular new release. I guess because to the mixed reaction to some shirts they don't know what stock to order. 
At least when we do something like the new home collar ( & splat Robin) it means they are easier to buy.

• Like 1

The whole thing is a shambles. Heard from a few that the club have recently run out of number 1’s so they can’t basically print any player shirt with a one in it! How embarrassing is that! Poor Vyner and Max!  The away shirt being out of stock so early on is baffling.