IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

Looks like there's no Chinese copy kits coming out of the factories for the time being. I've contacted 4 suppliers, and none of them can get them.

Anyone here managed to find a source, and actually received one?

6 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Looks like there's no Chinese copy kits coming out of the factories for the time being. I've contacted 4 suppliers, and none of them can get them.

Anyone here managed to find a source, and actually received one?

Got a refund after waiting a couple of weeks. The supplier said he didn't know when or even if they would get them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but fella in club shop yesterday told me the new away kit is the fastest selling kit in clubs history???

Would it not make sense for the club to produce a second batch of this kit or at the very least announce they are doing so and collecting pre-orders, or is that too obvious a business strategy for an in demand product?

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

Would it not make sense for the club to produce a second batch of this kit or at the very least announce they are doing so and collecting pre-orders, or is that too obvious a business strategy for an in demand product?

You’d think Lansdown senior would be all over this sort of thing?! 

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but fella in club shop yesterday told me the new away kit is the fastest selling kit in clubs history???

Must admit that, probably due to my age, the white shirts black shorts away kit in the mid seventies was a favourite, but the latest really does look a thing of beauty. 

Purple and lime - pah!

10 hours ago, Olé said:

They will wait till the kids have a got their free kit of the red one no one likes. Then announce a re stock 

Posted previously (a month ago) cos they had run out of letters and numbers for the shirts,  much to my kids disapointment.

Arranged with them to go in at 1115 yesterday prior to my lad starting his mascot thing and they would print both boys shirts with the numbers and letters they had 'put by'. 

Went in at 1115, having travelled from Devon. Letters and numbers not available,  again.

Really? Beginning and end of August, we can't source something as simple as that. 

🤡 

Strange coincidence- minutes before I read this thread I listed a load of 12 to 14 years old kit for various clubs on EBay a few minutes ago - before I was even finished I had a dealer on wanting the lot and 10 minutes after I was done listing it all - A City youths top and shorts from 2012 has an offer and 4 watchers 

Tried on the third kit Saturday as it looked good on others.  Sadly the quality isn't there for me and the sizing is strange; I'm usually a medium but had to look at a small (not sure what they think of the average City fan).  They also seem to have abandoned any semblance of decent tailoring.  

Saturday I may break out the Cotterill promtion home kit.  'Sport fit' or something wasn't it?  I was definitely fit for a game in the first team wearing that. 'Cough.'

I dislike the kit up close but thought that from distance it looked alright. Helps that the detail on the neck/arms is harder to see from there and I do like the single, bold, red colour (as opposed to stripes). Helps that professional footballers tend to make most kits look ok. Most.

8 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

It also helps being shortsighted :)

I'm both extremely short sighted, near sighted (age related), and have astigmatism.

With contacts, I still have trouble making out much detail in the new home kit, which is fantastic news.

Unfortunately, I did spend the first 15 minutes on Saturday thinking George Saville was Joe Bryan.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 10:16, Club and Country said:

not sure if he meant most sold or simply wiped out the inadequate stock....

Feel like there’s always some quote like this at times….but I’d highly doubt it personally. Either way, stock issues are horrific still which was the big selling point to us fans re O’Neills, wasn’t it?

Im aware that the home shirt is selling very very badly, however. Wonder why…

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone know if there will be any away shirts in the shop today? Or is it reasonable to assume no online stock means no shop stock?

You have got more chance of Steve buying you a pint before the game then getting the away shirt in the shop today I would imagine 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone know if there will be any away shirts in the shop today? Or is it reasonable to assume no online stock means no shop stock?

I think they are 2 separate entities . I got one of the Heritage shirts when they were sold out online. Worth asking too and they got mine from the back room as there were none my size on the shelves. 
Worth a question I'd say

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think they are 2 separate entities . I got one of the Heritage shirts when they were sold out online. Worth asking too and they got mine from the back room as there were none my size on the shelves. 
Worth a question I'd say

On that subject, do you know whether the heritage shirts still available? I’ve not been into the shop in ages. Thanks 

7 hours ago, Mendip City said:

On that subject, do you know whether the heritage shirts still available? I’ve not been into the shop in ages. Thanks 

I'd say that's a question/email/phone call for the shop. Not a clue.

IMG_7166.jpeg

On 24/08/2024 at 09:25, Mendip City said:

Got the goalkeeper ones still in the shop

• Haha 2

Heads-up for those waiting, this morning the online shop had a major/huge restock of the cream away kit.

Unsurprisingly, the email alert I signed up for hasn't yet come through. It was only via my daily morning manual check that I found out. So if you're waiting for the email restock alert you signed up for, you may be waiting some time so get in there now. 

:)

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just been down to the ground at lunch break having seen them online. Already short on stock on kids sizes on shop floor but if you ask behind the counter they do have some not put out yet

You can place your order and then collect

• Like 1

I called into the shop on Saturday and I know I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s got even worse. Just embarrassing as is the online shop.

The reason I popped in was I’d seen a couple of fans outside wearing some nice gear, one with a custom shirt and one with a lovely bucket hat in goalkeeper kit colours. Of course these were nowhere to be seen in the shop.

Has someone started their own City merchandise range that I don’t know about?

On 18/08/2024 at 11:12, Olé said:

We're dreadful at anticipating demand and setting re-order levels, and have been for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Why can’t they make the shirts to fit the average size fan? I’d love to get one but just feel so uncomfortable with it hugging my stomach :laugh: 😂 

The XLs are always the first to sell for this reason :D

(no judgement is inferred 😅)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Why can’t they make the shirts to fit the average size fan? I’d love to get one but just feel so uncomfortable with it hugging my stomach :laugh: 😂 

cut a slit in the back,no one will notice

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sephjnr said:

Away team and warmup shirts are back in stock :)

But half of the numbers are out of stock now if you click on personalisation - and I do like the fact they can't do number 7 but can do number 27... So to our new Japanese fans, you'll have to ask for Cornick and get them to peel the 2 off.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I’ve placed an order for home delivery. From experience, should I expect an email to confirm posting? I’ve got the order confirmation.

ive taken a guess at the size, anyone have an opinion on 2XL in normal leisure wear as to what that equals in an ill fitting replica shirt? 🤣

1 hour ago, David Woody said:

I’ve placed an order for home delivery. From experience, should I expect an email to confirm posting? I’ve got the order confirmation.

ive taken a guess at the size, anyone have an opinion on 2XL in normal leisure wear as to what that equals in an ill fitting replica shirt? 🤣

I had to get a 2XL in the zip up training top this time (last year's training top I got XL, even though 99% of my other tops I own an L fits fine).  I am continually annoyed at the inconsistency of sizing of garments across brands, surely there should be a standard for it, like shoe sizes FFS 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, David Woody said:

Yeah I’ve always had that and am waiting for one re the away one ordered for my son last week

It didn’t allow me to select the player I wanted to personalise it with and only gave me about 4 player options so I personalised with his own name and number…Twine 10…

On 18/08/2024 at 11:12, Olé said:

For our lot that's far to simple considering they all know how to run a business( or maybe a case of running a bath)