IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

I don't like us in any form of stripe....Robins don't have stripes.

Away kits? That's fine, but our home shirts should be all red, including the sleeves.

My opinion.

I didn’t mind it but we’ve well over done the pin stripe retro in recent years. Prefer something new

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I didn’t mind it but we’ve well over done the pin stripe retro in recent years. Prefer something new

Agreed.

• Robin 1

11 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Shockingly you often end up with an inferior product if you need to find a supplier at incredibly short notice. Would you have preferred we just had no kit at all? 

not necessarily. As other people have said, other clubs managed to continue with Hummel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

If we were still supplied by Hummel, this is what we might have been getting this year (even York City can get a decent supplier at their level)

2787_york_city_24_25_hummel_home_kit_1.jpeg

Edited by Richie rich

• Admin
6 hours ago, 42nite said:

I don't like us in any form of stripe....Robins don't have stripes.

Away kits? That's fine, but our home shirts should be all red, including the sleeves.

My opinion.

Would you be ok with brown back, sides and sleeves then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

not necessarily. As other people have said, other clubs managed to continue with Hummel.

Everton were with a different supplier I believe , so they were different and not affected.

here is something that WSM Seagull posted on the other thread.

Coventry found a solution which included signing up the the new Hummel UK distributor which has essentially just reformed as Pro Sports or something. Same staff etc. The same staff that messed us and all the other clubs around.

Their solution is that their fans can't buy kits until after the 3rd game of the season and their kits this season are not bespoke and are just templates. 

Then there is Wycombe .

Screenshot2024-06-12at17_28_45.png.b5b20a6ba5ad7dcc6cfb4863a4b20c6e.png

Southampton had stock and so moved on to Sports Pro for supply when they were promised no break down in supply.

Apart from Southampton , who seem to have had kits stock piled , no one found it a seamless change to Sports Pro.

It wasn't as straight forward as next Cab off the rank. 

I was hoping that there would be an upturn in quality, design and build , or we would move on to another Kit manufacturer . Looks like that may not be until after next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since every club now has three sets of strip, I'd be more than happy with the standard for most of our history, Red shirts, White Shorts home and White shirts, Black shorts away.

The third kit though should be something absolutely bonkers that gets people talking. Last year's yellow and green clip art special reached a new low in City kit that I hope we never reach again. 

Let's have a bit of fun with the third kit. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Since every club now has three sets of strip, I'd be more than happy with the standard for most of our history, Red shirts, White Shorts home and White shirts, Black shorts away.

The third kit though should be something absolutely bonkers that gets people talking. Last year's yellow and green clip art special reached a new low in City kit that I hope we never reach again. 

Think they have been pretty successful making the keeper kits something a bit different over past few seasons that people are starting to buy more too. I know people dislike o'neills but they do seem better than the rest at giving their clubs free reign to do what they like, for someone like JL who has websites calling him a creative and a full year to prepare he should be able to deliver something bonkers but good, whether he pulls it off or not we will see.

This o'neills kit made me laugh although can't see a tribute to first bus company being a winner before Jon gets any ideas...

Blue-Bohemians-Shirt-2022-23-FAI-Cup.jpg

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Think they have been pretty successful making the keeper kits something a bit different over past few seasons that people are starting to buy more too. I know people dislike o'neills but they do seem better than the rest at giving their clubs free reign to do what they like, for someone like JL who has websites calling him a creative and a full year to prepare he should be able to deliver something bonkers but good, whether he pulls it off or not we will see.

This o'neills kit made me laugh although can't see a tribute to first bus company being a winner before Jon gets any ideas...

Blue-Bohemians-Shirt-2022-23-FAI-Cup.jpg

Christ, I hope he isn't reading this can you imagine - "our new third shirt is in homage to the seat covers of the Leyland National of the No. 24 bus, which stopped outside Ashton Gate 40 years ago"

Duffers' Guide to Bus Operations #9: Bus Seats – East of the M60

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Christ, I hope he isn't reading this can you imagine - "our new third shirt is in homage to the seat covers of the Leyland National of the No. 24 bus, which stopped outside Ashton Gate 40 years ago"

Duffers' Guide to Bus Operations #9: Bus Seats – East of the M60

Hmmmm!A Burberry kit.Very swish.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Shockingly you often end up with an inferior product if you need to find a supplier at incredibly short notice. Would you have preferred we just had no kit at all? 

"And Bristol City will be playing in skins"

14 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I absolutely loved that Hummel Grey and Orange third kit, really, really nice. And, TBH, the black away kit last season was pretty good.

I don't want any more bl00dy pinstripes, tho'.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

O’Neills with some very nice Partick Thistle training kit.

I’d prefer a different supplier but, to be fair, all the O’Neills kits I’ve seen this season have been pretty decent.

Let’s hope our creative isn’t too maverick!

IMG_5740.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5742.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCity

8 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

O’Neills with some very nice Partick Thistle training kit.

I’d prefer a different supplier but, to be fair, all the O’Neills kits I’ve seen this season have been pretty decent.

Let’s hope our creative isn’t too maverick!

IMG_5740.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5742.jpeg

It's almost as if the person with the crayons has more influence than is healthy and that a company with over 100 years of continuous trade might be better left to get on with it, rather than design by committee.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I absolutely loved that Hummel Grey and Orange third kit, really, really nice. And, TBH, the black away kit last season was pretty good.

I don't want any more bl00dy pinstripes, tho'.

Chap who sits next to me has the grey top. It is great.

I like the black O'Neill's as well. Maybe that's a reflection on how poor the other two kits were. (Jon: Please never sign off kits in 'Piss Yellow' again.)

1 hour ago, erndogz said:

I take it that you have all seen that betting company from Vietnam on the palace shirts allow you to bet on cock fighting 

Been there and witnessed that.

Humans can be evil at times!

1 hour ago, erndogz said:

I take it that you have all seen that betting company from Vietnam on the palace shirts allow you to bet on cock fighting 

Good lord. Get that sponsor banned yesterday. Rancid.

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

They aren’t even UK betting sites, these companies are literally just using the appeal in Asia of the Premier League to advertise to their Asian market

That the MO of many of the sponsors prem teams have ended up with recently. Alongside crypto/NFT scammy sponsors, these are the worst type. All for bringing down the hammer on them.

I'll be looking forward to see what Kevin Day thinks, as I'm sure it'll be mentioned on the next Price of Football podcast.

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`ve tried to go full retro and failed by a distance. It looks like a knock-off you get on holiday. Horrible and cheap.

That was my first thought too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Umbro dusting off some curtains from the 70s for the new Cambridge away shirt 🤔

image.thumb.png.549ca20a6da7d060db3c49109059927a.png

And that's allowed is it? It's not even a definite colour. This soft of thing plays havoc with the poorly sighted and colourblind, especially at night. Hope we don't draw them in the Carabao Cup.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I quite like that. Not as a City kit but just as a shirt , sort of, it's nice in that way , just not for us.

I've sorted it, I don't think anyone noticed mate 😉

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

And that's allowed is it? It's not even a definite colour. This soft of thing plays havoc with the poorly sighted and colourblind, especially at night. Hope we don't draw them in the Carabao Cup.

Wouldn’t they just wear their yellow home kit?

• Admin
11 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The central flower seems quite excited. 💦

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2024 at 20:51, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I really like that

On 24/06/2024 at 21:06, Dollymarie said:

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you’ve just said!! :bruce_h4h:

I think it's funky, at least it's a bit different

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingswood Village said:

So still no kits?!! Unless I’ve missed a release date somewhere? 
why do the club let this happen every season?

Other clubs are only just realising theirs. 

Sunderlands Hummel effort. 

They are also doing it without the sponsor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It's ideal timing, Rest day in the Euros, players starting to come back for pre season.

Definitely not the day we’ll think to do it then 🤣 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Kingswood Village said:

So still no kits?!! Unless I’ve missed a release date somewhere? 
why do the club let this happen every season?

Why does it matter?

We don't wear it until August, like I mentioned before I would expect that people were buying England kits the past few weeks anyway

As you mention, it happens every season, like other clubs

• Like 1