IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

On 24/06/2024 at 20:51, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Umbro dusting off some curtains from the 70s for the new Cambridge away shirt 🤔

image.thumb.png.549ca20a6da7d060db3c49109059927a.png

Doctor Doctor- I feel like a pair of curtains!

Oh pull yourself together! 

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Fever pitch not doing a photo shoot in a dark and dingy room ? I don’t believe it 

If it’s not that it’s vintage with a modern twist. My Fever Pitch bingo card is:

- The sound of a needle going onto a record

- An old school voice over / soundbite to kick things off

- A vintage audio track, with a modern twist

- Static / Crackle / Glitch visual effects

- Sepia footage edited together with colour footage

- An annoying disdain for the era of the music to match the era of the visuals e.g. 1920’s music track with 1950s visual style

- A Fever Pitch Production at the end

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

If it’s not that it’s vintage with a modern twist. My Fever Pitch bingo card is:

- The sound of a needle going onto a record

- An old school voice over / soundbite to kick things off

- A vintage audio track, with a modern twist

- Static / Crackle / Glitch visual effects

- Sepia footage edited together with colour footage

- An annoying disdain for the era of the music to match the era of the visuals e.g. 1920’s music track with 1950s visual style

- A Fever Pitch Production at the end

Racey?

1 hour ago, Markthehorn said:

New shirt with red shorts for the first time in 13 years.

2d3cd6c4-ecdf-44d5-a837-57bfd5cdcb49.jpeg

I think this is much better than when you have lots of black on your shirts like last year. Have always thought a Bristol City away shirt in these colours wouldn't be the worst idea although we had a Norwich lookalike shirt last year which was also good other than the badge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

I think this is much better than when you have lots of black on your shirts like last year. Have always thought a Bristol City away shirt in these colours wouldn't be the worst idea although we had a Norwich lookalike shirt last year which was also good other than the badge.

I guess that looks more like Hornets colours but also like the fact it’s generally yellow .

24 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

I guess that looks more like Hornets colours but also like the fact it’s generally yellow .

When I first started getting into football this was Watford's kit - proper kit that and instantly recognisable as theirs

Watford Football Club on X: "Congratulations to club legend Luther  Blissett, who has been awarded an OBE in the #PlatinumJubilee honours list!  Well deserved, @LBliss8. 💛 https://t.co/J70eTXxPq8" / X

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

When I first started getting into football this was Watford's kit - proper kit that and instantly recognisable as theirs

Watford Football Club on X: "Congratulations to club legend Luther  Blissett, who has been awarded an OBE in the #PlatinumJubilee honours list!  Well deserved, @LBliss8. 💛 https://t.co/J70eTXxPq8" / X

Maybe they only had children's sizes for the shorts? #BudgieSmugglers

On 27/06/2024 at 20:18, W-S-M Seagull said:

About from the quaters on the sleeves 🤮 I like it. 

Ummmm..."quarters" (sic) literally means divided into 4. That's more than 4. Diamonds, squares, perhaps. Quarters? No.

Or did you mean "Quavers"? They look nothing like them, either.

53 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Ummmm..."quarters" (sic) literally means divided into 4. That's more than 4. Diamonds, squares, perhaps. Quarters? No.

It’s chequered, a bit like saying Croatia’s classic shirts (not their current monstrosity) are quarters.

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

try wotsits 👍

• Admin
4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Reminds me of a chequered flag in motor racing.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

O'Neills have produced this new away shirt for Partick Thistle

2866_partick_thistle_24_25_oneills_away_kit_d.jpg

Whilst that is very nice, I do wonder as the training gear is purple if that means it won't be one of the kit option colours.

37 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Can still get in on mine. Any other company would get sacked for such a **** up 😂

IMG_7270.jpeg

That is gorgeous

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Assume that's the GK shirt, following our recent traditions of jazzy numbers

you would have thought so with Max wearing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Lovely keeper kit. Why we're seeing it despite no kits having been announced and with no indication of whether that's the home, away or third keeper kit is a bit of a mess. Kit production and announcement timings have been a bit of a disaster in the O'Neils era. Here's hoping they manage to clarify it all soon. My money is on we haven't seen all three kits before the opening game of the season!

• Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Lovely keeper kit. Why we're seeing it despite no kits having been announced and with no indication of whether that's the home, away or third keeper kit is a bit of a mess. Kit production and announcement timings have been a bit of a disaster in the O'Neils era. Here's hoping they manage to clarify it all soon. My money is on we haven't seen all three kits before the opening game of the season!

It’s been a shambles for years. The common denominator is Bristol City.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Was open to all earlier. 

Yeah, I believe it.

I saw one of the of images on the OS in May provided from an open resource where you can specify the image display size eg 'https://someonlinehost.bcfc.com/gallery/image.jpg?h=620,w=300'.

(I can't remember what the hostname/resource  path actually was.)

2 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Can still get in on mine. Any other company would get sacked for such a **** up 😂

IMG_7270.jpeg

Fever Pitch isn’t a company…it’s a team within Bristol Sport…so anything goes! 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like the top though.  Very nice.  

2 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Pretty out there isn’t it. It’s going to split opinion, that’s for sure. I love an out there design though. 

Can afford to be a bit more out there with GK shirts. 

It looks good anyway. 

Can’t wait to hear what the inspiration is

3 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

IMG_7270.jpeg

Interesting- think it will divide opinion, i don’t like it as reminds me of wallpaper in 1970s sitcoms, but can also see how it could appeal 

Why are the ‘home’ youth sizes a different colour? Or have they accidentally revealed the third kit too? Going well this. Poor Sheridan has her work cut out!

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Why are the ‘home’ youth sizes a different colour? Or have they accidentally revealed the third kit too? Going well this. Poor Sheridan has her work cut out!

Looks the same just not in sunlight