IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Looks the same just not in sunlight

No chance. Green versus blue!

IMG_1279.thumb.png.902dac381533613aff1de23aa1186835.png

Edit: you may well be right @BasSavage88. My eyes are messing with me. It’s like that bloody dress all over again.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Greenman15 said:

I just noticed this too. Were they not £50 last year? 

You get 5% off with your season ticket on retail now, so comes to a grand total of only £52.50.

Cracking benefit that. Look forward to the drinks prices going up 20% so I can really make the most of the 10% discount too

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harvey86 said:

You get 5% off with your season ticket on retail now, so comes to a grand total of only £52.50.

Cracking benefit that. Look forward to the drinks prices going up 20% so I can really make the most of the 10% discount too

Screw it, I'll be the first....... I'm still waiting for my food vouchers.....

• Haha 5

Erm… may be it’s an age thing but I can only think of that BBC children’s programme ‘Rainbow’ looking at that kit. 

Could have been worse, I suppose, with multiple ‘Thomas the Tank Engines’ steaming across the shirt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Erm… may be it’s an age thing but I can only think of that BBC children’s programme ‘Rainbow’ looking at that kit. 

Could have been worse, I suppose, with multiple ‘Thomas the Tank Engines’ steaming across the shirt.

Not to be pedantic. But Rainbow was ITV. 😂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Like the kit

That video though

Cringe Reaction GIF

The idea of the video is clearly to show that you can wear it out and about as a casual shirt because that's what is popular with football fans these days. 

They chose a beautiful location for the video too 😎

I have never purchased a GK kit before but they can take my money for this. Love the design. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I went to have a look at the hats on the club site.

For summer, if you’re an adult, you can buy a cricket bucket hat. If you’re a child you get a cap.

If you happen to be going skiing, perhaps to Argentina, great, get your beanies and scarves in.

If you’re a keen DIY enthusiast, you can now get BCFC ear defenders. :laugh:.

Not a sight of that bucket hat that Max is wearing. And TBH, I’d definitely buy that.

The people who plan this range for the middle of summer need absolutely crucifying. It’s terrible. I’d happily give the BCFC shop a free assortment planning lesson. i.e. caps in summer. Beanies in winter.

IMG_0257.thumb.jpeg.deec74e41a709e4e6ee016b723c834ff.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Goddamnit City why do you ALWAYS under-order stock? everything north of M gone already.

never mind, the order did get done in the end woo

Just now, MarcusX said:

Out of stock in large again, how did you manage to order it?

I'd got the XL order but when trying to confirm the order I got a 'this is out of stock / not sufficient stock' warning so after keeping the tab open for a bit, tried again and it worked. L is properly out-of-stock but if you don't mind sizing up you may get an XL.

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

That is frankly hideous.

Not my kind of thing but some people love it. I'm looking forward to seeing people wear it, if it evolves into a LM in/out vibe?

1 minute ago, kmpowell said:

£15 for the hat. Reasonable.

£6 p&p. Laughable.

Free click & collect from the store though right? Which does mean you need to be nearby on one of the few hours the store decides to open. 

Huboo fulfil all the online purchases from their site in Severnside so the £6 can be attributed to their costs. I think the click & collect is picked by them and shipped down to store as well  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

£6 p&p. Laughable.

When you think Royal Mail signed for 2nd class is £4.19 ( first class £4.89 & DPD about the same ) up to 2kg , it is madness. 

That's why , on the odd occasion I have bought from the shop , I go in. When getting rid of points or whatever the SC benefit was at the time , I seem to remember all they had were cards or key rings and it was more expensive to have it posted than to buy the item.

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When you think Royal Mail signed for 2nd class is £4.19 ( first class £4.89 & DPD about the same ) up to 2kg , it is madness.

It hasn't been that for a while, Royal Mail put their prices up several times over the last 18 months as a result of rising fuel costs (obviously never to bring it back down again..) 

The above service has been £5.09 since April, and had already gone up from £4.19 at least twice before too. £6 isn't unusual albeit Huboo must have a wholesale courier cost.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

It hasn't been that for a while, Royal Mail put their prices up several times over the last 18 months as a result of rising fuel costs (obviously never to bring it back down again..) 

The above service has been £5.09 since April, and had already gone up from £4.19 at least twice before too. £6 isn't unusual albeit Huboo must have a wholesale courier cost.

The last time I sent anything must have been just before the rise then, I even Googled the first class cost for comparison .

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That's why , on the odd occasion I have bought from the shop , I go in. When getting rid of points or whatever the SC benefit was at the time , I seem to remember all they had were cards or key rings and it was more expensive to have it posted than to buy the item.

However your ignoring the second P in P&P.  Packaging, so costs for the envelopes plus man hours in getting the stock and putting it in said envelope.  91p for this when compared against ticket booking fee that requires no human input makes the 91p pretty good value.

But.....

I'm a tight bastard so will always pick it up rather than pay postage!

14 hours ago, sephjnr said:

I'd got the XL order but when trying to confirm the order I got a 'this is out of stock / not sufficient stock' warning so after keeping the tab open for a bit, tried again and it worked. L is properly out-of-stock but if you don't mind sizing up you may get an XL.

Thanks I did an email reminder on stock and it's back in stock in L already so just ordered

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CityGill said:

Really disappointed that the club are not allowing U12’s to use their discounts on GK kits. As far as I am aware this has not been the case in the past.

I think this has been the case for a while. My lad used his voucher for an away shirt in 18/19 but has only been allowed to use it against the outfield home shirt since then. A shame, but I can see why the club do it to help with stock control (heaven knows they need all the help they can get) given there are x,000 under 12’s claiming a free shirt… 

3 hours ago, kmpowell said:

£6 p&p. Laughable.

For posting they have a price hat (previously known as a price cap).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An anyone confirm if the sizing stated on the website is correct?

Seems a bit generous to me - especially as football shirt tend to be a more “athletic” fit

Small is apparently 43-44” chest!

IMG_7071.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Correct.

Re-tweet to win a giraffe*.

*mental image of a giraffe that you have to generate yourself.

See. I SAID THERE WAS NO PRIZE.

I wasn’t playing your game anyway, so there!

Ordered shirt and bouquet hat

My youngest doesn't like the shirt.   So seems to be a hit only with the more descerning gentleman.?  Which got me thinking ....

I realise, the pattern is the same that used to be artexed onto our ceilings when I was a kid.  Maybe thats the inspiration?

Artex, lots of Artex | DIYnot Forums

• Like 1
  • Haha 4