IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

Can they not take inspiration from a nice kit instead of things like the criss-cross design of the suspension bridge?

Another cheap, tacky looking effort.

• Like 1

“the home kit takes inspiration from the criss-cross design of the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge which overlooks Ashton Gate Stadium, which is found in the detailing of the knitted collar and cuffs.”

This is embarrassing baloney. Oh, folly, folly

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not sure what’s worse, the design or the cost…..!!!!

IMG_7929.png

I'll take this over the actual home kit.

But Max has the best kits already. I wonder if he has an inside route into the design...

19 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Well. That is the worst home shirt I think I have ever EVER seen.

👍 As soon as I saw it I texted my brother :

'New home kit out. Possibly the worst yet.'

• Like 1

On the plus side at least it's not a "retro" nod to anything.

On the minus it seems as though they're claiming that the collar and cuffs are inspired by the railings on the Clifton Suspension bridge!?!? I mean I love Bristol but surely this is the first time we've ever had a shirt that features a design inspired by civil safety engineering.

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

What we ******* Croatia 😂 

Most people's instant thoughts I think. But why do something that is so obviously Croatia, even though it is just red and white checks? We got no links with Croatia, no owners, no players, not twinned with. It just seems senseless and pointless. And it looks shite too.

• Like 2

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

On the minus it seems as though they're claiming that the collar and cuffs are inspired by the railings on the Clifton Suspension bridge!?!? I mean I love Bristol but surely this is the first time we've ever had a shirt that features a design inspired by civil safety engineering.

Lotto?

22 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Looks proper tacky. What an awful choice…

O’Neils so far have been absolutely shite.

But they can't sign off on our kit can they. The buck stops at the desk of JL.

Jesus, I'm not putting pictures of the next Championship winning team on my wall if they're wearing this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lotto?

?

On another note, I do like the use of the "affiliate" teams in the announcement. That's a good thing to do.

But um yeh, just the purple training kit for me this season I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

“the home kit takes inspiration from the criss-cross design of the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge which overlooks Ashton Gate Stadium, which is found in the detailing of the knitted collar and cuffs.”

There is no way Jon said that with a straight face. I assume he was very much involved with the design process 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Breaking my self-imposed break from OTIB to scream HOW DO THEY MANAGE IT EVERY TIME????

That collar is OBVIOUSLY the worst thing ever, the proportions and fit are OBVIOUSLY terrible - and yet still it makes it all the way through the approval process and onto the shelves for a disgusting sum of money nowhere near justified by the OBVIOUSLY bad quality?

Dear oh dear.

912F65F4-D122-4BDA-9D70-4EEA2A884CBE.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you can rate a shirt by how many “take my money” tweets.  Just the one so far! 😉

Make that 2

image.png.46e19a4dbb05040cda4eea6b4593a068.png

Take my money now pls!!!

Edited by Jeez
  • Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Nomad said:

I agree but what is the pattern? Lopsided diamonds or lopsided squares? 🤣🤣

I like to think of it as a chequered flag waving in the wind and it kinda works. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Most people's instant thoughts I think. But why do something that is so obviously Croatia, even though it is just red and white checks? We got no links with Croatia, no owners, no players, not twinned with. It just seems senseless and pointless. And it looks shite too.

I've given up hope of even expecting anything decent and stylish to wear because to be fair it's just embarrassing.

11 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

I'll take this over the actual home kit.

But Max has the best kits already. I wonder if he has an inside route into the design...

I scrolled past, laughed and assumed this was photoshopped. 

Then saw it on the actual site.

Kit, Warm-Up Kit. All of it is so....

Bristol City. Amateur. 

(That said, I love the GK kit).

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

Horrendous. When do O'neills **** off? About time we had a proper company making the kits again..

O’Neills have made some nice looking kits for other teams this year. I think there’s another factor in why our kits are so naff.

• Like 6

If Jon insists on the checkered collars and cuffs then fine..but the checkered flag pattern throughout the shirt looks a bit rubbish. 

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

The size of the collar reminds me of this monstrosity (that actually got changed before release due to fan unrest)

IMG_3183.jpeg

We can do it again 

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Got to say I always think of the criss cross patterns of the safety barrier are the thing I associate the suspension bridge with!  What a homage to Brunel.

image.thumb.png.6fa0a728f63983f35bfa6efbb98c695a.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes on OTIB would have been all the market research they needed to determine if this was decent or not, if the manufacturer and the club were all too stupid to realise the obvious for themselves. FIFTEEN MINUTES.

It blows my mind, it really does.

You can argue until the cows come home about the white sleeves but just a reminder of the quality, fit and finish we were previously enjoying with Hummel - for the SAME price as this crap.

@Olé is going to have an absolute field day here.

FA2EE4FA-3EE5-4EC7-B461-F2CDDE219C2C.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Do they not actually consult us as fans, on what is arguably the most important identity of a team (aside from a club crest)? 

I'm beyond shocked at what I'm seeing when you see the growing world of football shirt culture, and design of them being an essential part of the modern game. Even my 10 year old son has said, that's rubbish and I don't want my shirt for next season....

Sadly, this only reflects badly on those at the top and a suggestion that we are their toy, and they can do as they wish. 

Hopefully, with what will almost certainly be a very low level of purchase, it will make them think, 'we got this badly wrong'. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 1

It’s a red and white football shirt,I neither like or dislike it,if you like it buy one if you don’t,don’t.😐

• Like 2

Absolutely horrible - this has to be the worst looking kit i can think of for a long time. 

How can the club get something so simple so wrong. Just to look at it looks awful. Who on earth thought that collar and sleeve design was a good idea? 😂

BUT, on the positive side, thats saved me spending £55 on it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

There is no way Jon said that with a straight face. I assume he was very much involved with the design process 

He was probably higher than the bridge when he signed this off.