IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

It's a nod to the umbro diamonds associated with our stint in the top flight. Takes a while to grow on one but it's different. Haven't seen any other club with that design. Might've looked more stylish as a V neck as a V is half a diamond. Missed a trick there. 

There's only so much that can be done with a basic red shirt home top and at least the design team have come up with something unique and different. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

It’s a red and white football shirt,I neither like or dislike it,if you like it buy one if you don’t,don’t.😐

But if people don't like it and don’t buy it, that leaves the club making less money. I want to buy a shirt and support the club financially, but also I want them to make a half decent product so I can!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ian M said:

To improve my enjoyment, I think I will buy tickets in the back row of the Family Area when I visit AG this season.

Perhaps facing away from the pitch?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I wonder if the Chinese knock-offs do a better job of the collar than the official shirt?

IMG_3184.jpeg

Yikes. Some of those sites may refuse to copy this for fear of damaging their reputations.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Reminds me of tasks on 'The Apprenice' where the contestants think they're onto a winner because their product is 'unique' and 'never been tried before'. 

Lord Sugar then shuts them down by pointing out that no one has done this before because it's a dosghit idea.

Worst City kit ever.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It's a nod to the umbro diamonds associated with our stint in the top flight. Takes a while to grow on one but it's different. Haven't seen any other club with that design. Might've looked more stylish as a V neck as a V is half a diamond. Missed a trick there. 

There's only so much that can be done with a basic red shirt home top and at least the design team have come up with something unique and different. 

It’s not 😛

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Thinking about it, the collar makes sense now. He's gone for the shape of the bridge. Imagine the towers as shoulders and it all becomes crystal clear!

Screenshot_20240705_164337_Chrome.jpg

I think the collar is 1 : 1 scale too

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

You know what would really be unique and different? A nice, clean design - a simple red shirt in a decent, rich shade of red, with a good fit and finish, and a good quality material that justifies the premium price.

But no, we have to dick about and come up with something obviously awful. And then launch it anyway.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Perhaps facing away from the pitch?

It’s fine, from that distance my eye sight is poor enough to blur the collars and cuffs 🥳

Anyone else come to the conclusion that these kits are being done on purpose now - "Right, we're all happy with it, all we need to do with it now is to give our 'point of sign-off' 10 minutes to make a couple of quick changes that won't be decided by the team and then we'll see what lands in July?'

That 'point of sign off' then makes the decision..... "Hmm, everyone seems to like it as it is, but the Forum are quite mean to me, so just to annoy them, I'll add a few flourishes that is sure to rile them up a bit".  

It’s been a long time since I’ve really disliked a home shirt, last years was close but this is awful.

As an avid collector of shirts, it’s even more frustrating because I’ll probably still buy it at some point 🤣

Not nice at all. Looks like a division 4 relegation kit or something from the 80s.

I can just imagine the Japanese player hijacking the plane to take him back home after seeing that rubbish. 

Why can't the club get their act together. Bloody amateurish. 

Posted (edited)

Also, surely any company worth their salt has a word and says “we don’t think that’s a good idea”??

They're putting their reputation to it even if they didn’t design it.

Ironically some of our best ever kits came during the Bristol sport in house era... who was designing those?

Edited by MarcusX

13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But if people don't like it and don’t buy it, that leaves the club making less money. I want to buy a shirt and support the club financially, but also I want them to make a half decent product so I can!

I want to support the club financially,so I buy beer.

• Haha 1

Bit like the season ticket situation…..everyone will have a moan, claim they’re not renewing or buying this shirt but the club will still sell loads and so nothing will change! Jon and Co think they’re doing a great job because our fanbase just suck all the crap up year on year! 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Squares on the shorts and diamonds on the collar, sleeves and training top.

Basic design errors again, Jon. 

Reads like the unused lyrics of Steelers Wheels - Stuck in the middle with you.

Steelers Wheel got the clowns and jokers bit right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Squares on the shorts and diamonds on the collar, sleeves and training top.

Basic design errors again, Jon. 

The suspension bridge is well known for both, tbf. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Bit like the season ticket situation…..everyone will have a moan, claim they’re not renewing or buying this shirt but the club will still sell loads and so nothing will change! Jon and Co think they’re doing a great job because our fanbase just suck all the crap up year on year! 

Can't speak for others, but I've not renewed.

Granted its mostly financial reasons as moving house come December and I've gone for membership. But do we actually know what the figures are?

I'm not the target shirt audience TBF , even though I have bought the heritage & the Namey one. Plus I do think the criticism goes overboard sometimes , but bloody hell. 
If Jon "the crayon" Lansdown hasn't specifically asked for diamonds and squares, WTAF ? 
It always feels as though he wants to put as much as possible into a design , which is rarely right.
Diamonds or squares , FFS pick one. 

Screenshot2024-07-05at17_11_21.png.51e0532266900c68ceb7ccb6b2208769.png

Screenshot2024-07-05at17_11_11.png.3f010d09816d1f671d151ba4fc621414.png

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell them the Croatian turned us down..

If the collar had been like the heritage kit celebrating the Leeds cup win it would have been decent.

Lots of overreactions.

Indeed, Hummel is much better, but we have had to sign an alternative deal and O’Neills were unfortunately chosen. Rather that than generic Adidas or Nike stuff. 

Hopefully when the kit deal is over, the club will agree with a better manufacturer.

I bought the goalie home shirt and I can’t quibble at the quality, only the fact the sponsors are printed like on rugby shirts.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Lots of overreactions.

Indeed, Hummel is much better, but we have had to sign an alternative deal and O’Neills were unfortunately chosen. Rather that than generic Adidas or Nike stuff. 

Hopefully when the kit deal is over, the club will agree with a better manufacturer.

I bought the goalie home shirt and I can’t quibble at the quality, only the fact the sponsors are printed like on rugby shirts.

I'm sorry I disagree and I don't post much on here.

Not an overreaction.

Our home shirt in particular is our identity. It reflects on our club, in all forms of media. 

For an established championship club, with bigger aspirations, it's simply not good enough. 

The design of this is awful. And though you could say subjective, I've shared it with over 50 football friends (not City fans) in the last hour and not one has had anything positive to say about it. 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Lots of overreactions.

The club didn’t “have to sign an alternative deal” at all. They were under contract with Hummel and chose to cut that short for a supplier whose only other FL club on their books was Wycombe. The same Wycombe who ditched O’Neills for Hummel not long after we went the other way. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Lots of overreactions.

It wasn’t unfortunate. We chose O’Neills based on Jon’s ambitions to be a kit designer. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Lots of overreactions.

I have no probs with O’Neils…they don’t design the kit though…that’s what 95% of the comments today are about - the design.

• Like 5

Plain white collar and cuffs was all that was needed to make this a really good looking shirt  in the “simple” style that everyone had been asking for . The “Croation” squares on the shorts look good to so why on Earth stick diamonds all over the collar and cuffs ? It beggars belief really . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I have no probs with O’Neils…they don’t design the kit though…that’s what 95% of the comments today are about - the design.

…& the fact we are now having a kit absolutely plastered in additional sponsors, to make up additional revenue from the fact the O’Neills deal was so bad in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

It’s hideous. Why this obsession with playing around with the kit? Diamonds and squares!!!l???!!

Surely it’s as simple as surveying what the fans what. Narrowing it down to a few designs for then the players to take a vote (and if necessary other City staff) on the preferred kit. The players at the end of the day have to wear it first and foremost.
I often wonder how much performance is impacted upon by the kit you wear. Psychologically/subconsciously- if you feel good in your kit, are you adding percentages if small to your performance? I know how I feel when I’m wearing something I like or dislike.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tin said:

Is this for real or a wind up ? Our own Chairman designs the shirts ? That’s Nepotism on steroids !! If Vivienne Westwood was Chair I’d get it but I’m really not too sure of Juniors credentials for shirt design ! Then again , he has even less credentials to run a football club !!! 

I hope the Away Kit is nice as my son wants one and that's horrendous

Big lesson this to everyone moaning it took too long, the club are always right! Things were much better before we had seen the bloody thing! 

Imagine it was supposed to be released with 2 new signings last month but Brian forgot to let the media team know, or our 'new signings' saw it and thought **** that...