IGNORED

New kits - what on earth is going on!

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is this for real or a wind up ? Our own Chairman designs the shirts ? That’s Nepotism on steroids !! If Vivienne Westwood was Chair I’d get it but I’m really not too sure of Juniors credentials for shirt design ! Then again , he has even less credentials to run a football club !!! 

Very genuine, sadly, and only fuels the crayola comments towards the clown.

1 minute ago, tin said:

Very genuine, sadly, and only fuels the crayola comments towards the clown.

Unreal . Surely the idea is to sell as many shirts as possible rather than just embark on an ego trip ? If so , how difficult would it be to shortlist say , 3 designs and use a sample group from the fan base to choose the design to run with ? Surely a basic given of the retail industry is to complete your market research and then sell the most favoured product ? It ain’t rocket science 😥

My grandson has been asking for the home shirt for a while for his 5th birthday. Luckily at that age I don't think he'll mind. 

At least it won't be a long queue to pick it up! 

32 minutes ago, petehinton said:

…& the fact we are now having a kit absolutely plastered in additional sponsors, to make up additional revenue from the fact the O’Neills deal was so bad in the first place. 

You think adidas are queuing up to pay us the big bucks? 🤣

Why the **** are so many negative bar stewards on this site , this is a city supporter site , support the club and get behind it or do one , it’s a football shirt mainly red with a little bit of white detail that’s all if it’s red and white strips it’s not liked if it had to much detail it’s not liked if it had collars it’s not like ffs it’s a footy shirt get over it 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 8

2 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Why the **** are so many negative bar stewards on this site , this is a city supporter site , support the club and get behind it or do one , it’s a football shirt mainly red with a little bit of white detail that’s all if it’s red and white strips it’s not liked if it had to much detail it’s not liked if it had collars it’s not like ffs it’s a footy shirt get over it 

You just want to be front of the queue don’t you…

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

This is ridiculous. Just because we support this club doesn’t mean we have to be positive about or like everything it does.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

So opinions are now on the banned list, is that what you're saying?

I look forward to us playing North Korea FC in a friendly soon.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You know what would really be unique and different? A nice, clean design - a simple red shirt in a decent, rich shade of red, with a good fit and finish, and a good quality material that justifies the premium price.

But no, we have to dick about and come up with something obviously awful. And then launch it anyway.

49 minutes ago, David Brent said:

It wasn’t unfortunate. We chose O’Neills based on Jon’s ambitions to be a kit designer. 

Almost like Jon would rather have something bad that he gets to be involved with, than something good which is done by experts (i.e. not him)........👀

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Guess what?

The club have designed this to try and sell it to make money.  If it doesn’t sell because people don’t like then the club lose money.  Ask yourself if that’s a good thing?

This is a forum, is there is a rule that you have to post like a “super fan”?  You in particular seem to have a real problem with anyone critiquing anything the club does.

I’m pretty ambivalent to kits in the main.  I like the keeper kit, I even bought a bucket hat…but that collar is ******* vile imho.  And I’m gonna express my opinion, thank you very much.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Guess what?

The club have designed this to try and sell it to make money.  If it doesn’t sell because people don’t like then the club lose money.  Ask yourself if that’s a good thing?

This is a forum, is there is a rule that you have to post like a “super fan”?  You in particular seem to have a real problem with anyone critiquing anything the club does.

I’m pretty ambivalent to kits in the main.  I like the keeper kit, I even bought a bucket hat…but that collar is ******* vile imho.  And I’m gonna express my opinion, thank you very much.

Sorry Dave you’re not allowed. Off to the mines you go.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Evening Jon 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Hi Brian. Nice of you to try and drum up support for Jon, but the grammar gave you away.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I love how the thread title started as a comment on the non-availability of the new shirt…….and without any editing becomes the perfect comment on the newly available kit. 

From the kit no one could get,to the kit no one wants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Admin
3 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Sorry Dave you’re not allowed. Off to the mines you go.

I believe the destination superfans demand you go is The Mem. The mines are far too good for Fevs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Because it's absolutely, irredeemably shite.

It's supposed to represent us, and it's just embarrassing. Look at the different sizes and shapes of the collars in each picture. Amatuerish, godawful crap.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Meanwhile up north, a decent collar and kit can be done stylishly

2879_blackburn_rovers_24_25_macron_home_kit_d1.jpg

But is their kit largely designed by their chairman, a "maverick thinker whose creativity knows no bounds"?

Is their kit an exciting retro throwback? Is it a bold design inspired by the iconic cladding of a factory in Blackburn? Have they collaborated with a unique manufacturer whose history echoes the identity of the club?

No? Well it doesn't count then.

Boring Blackburn with their aesthetic well-made professional looking kit.

Edited by Supersonic Robin

16 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Because it's absolutely, irredeemably shite.

It's supposed to represent us, and it's just embarrassing. Look at the different sizes and shapes of the collars in each picture. Amatuerish, godawful crap.

I get the impression you’re not getting one …..

3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Exactly I’d support em in stockings and suspenders 

I don’t think the level of support comes into question. The vast majority on this forum are supporters, hence why we’re here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

I don’t think the level of support comes into question. The vast majority on this forum are supporters, hence why we’re here. 

Indeed.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

You think adidas are queuing up to pay us the big bucks? 🤣

Course not, but look at the amount of clubs, even all the way down to conference/conference south, who have better quality kits, kit brands & supply than us. 

Do you really believe someone like O’Neills was the very best commercial option for the club at the time?

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 4

I’ve been a ST holder for 25 years and I can genuinely say I’ve never been remotely interested in what our home shirt looks like. It will always be red so who cares. 

Am I the only one? 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

The suspension bridge is well known for both, tbf. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I lived in Bristol for 53 years, and not once thought of squares or diamonds when looking at the Suspension Bridge.

I'm actually wondering if I'm a true Bristolian now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I honestly don't mind this. It is, after all red and white. 

Then again, I won't be buying one, never do, and my preference would be for the team to wear the shirt below, every season, forever. Which is one more reason why I'm probably unlikely to be getting hired for  that commercial manager job at Bristol Sport any time soon ☹️ 

s-l1200.webp

• Like 6

Once again the kits seem to be symptomatic of bigger problems at our club; rank amateur decision making.

Who is signing this stuff off? Why does no one question it? When the reaction of the fanbase is almost unanimously negative, why doesn’t the club see things the same way? Why is there no fan engagement to gauge opinions before committing to the design?

It’s in no one’s interest to release sun-standard merchandise. The club make less money and the fans don’t get to buy things they like. So why are they so bad at it?

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Course not, but look at the amount of clubs, even all the way down to conference/conference south, who have better quality kits, kit brands & supply than us. 

Do you really believe someone like O’Neills was the very best commercial option for the club at the time?

O’Neills are probably the only option that would allow Crayon Boy the creative input his ego needs.

Id much rather have a generic Adidas shirt over this shite.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Henry said:

O’Neills are probably the only option that would allow Crayon Boy the creative input his ego needs.

Id much rather have a generic Adidas shirt over this shite.

You and me both brother H. 

People forget, it’s not just the shirt. It’s all the other stuff. Hoodies, coats, t shirts, socks etc are far more likely to be bought, be nicer design, and actually in stock if they were Nike/adidas/umbro/anyone else. 

Ala…

IMG_7933.png

IMG_7934.png

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Why we negative because we are fed up of the club producing crap merchandise in fact to the point of embarrassment. Have you been on the Sunderland website and seen the quality of merchandise that's available to buy? Have you seen the latest club shirt? All made by Hummel and I would say it's quality and smart products. This club doesn't do smart quality products neither does it have a quality selection.  It's our clubs football shirt a shirt we like to wear with pride and to promote why would we wear that latest embarrassment!

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

I’ve been a ST holder for 25 years and I can genuinely say I’ve never been remotely interested in what our home shirt looks like. It will always be red so who cares. 

Am I the only one? 

No, not the only one at all. I really couldn't give a monkeys about shirts and badges etc, but I have to say that that shirt is shocking.

I've not seen much worse tbh.

Hey ho, lets hope the football doesn't match the kit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s looks great.

Amazing how much a minor alteration can massively improve the look of the shirt.

Agreed it looks a thousand times better but the diamonds, which you can still see in the main red area, are something completely new. I’m struggling to accept that. Looks like a nod to ****ing Croatia 🤷🏼‍♂️

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for this sort of thing but in my opinion the original (not Ronnie’s rescue) is ****ing hideous and I’ve never been more disappointed with a City kit. 

Edited by real_bristol
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s looks great.

Amazing how much a minor alteration can massively improve the look of the shirt.

But is it even representative of Bristol if it doesn’t have the criss cross pattern of the Suspension Bridge’s safety fence on the collar? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Am I the only one? 

That doesn't want the club to make desirable gear that makes a tidy profit that can be redirected towards an increased playing budget? Unfortunately not, there’s others like you that want to limit our success in such a way too. :disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

I honestly don't mind this. It is, after all red and white. 

Then again, I won't be buying one, never do, and my preference would be for the team to wear the shirt below, every season, forever. Which is one more reason why I'm probably unlikely to be getting hired for  that commercial manager job at Bristol Sport any time soon ☹️ 

s-l1200.webp

For a club so obsessed with squeezing ever penny out of the fanbase I don’t understand why we don’t sell replica retro shirts in the club shop. Plenty of other clubs do and there’s clearly a lot of demand for them.

• Like 4

Wow. Such vitriol over a…

…football shirt.

It’s not that bad.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Nobody is forcing you to?

And if you can get dye to run off a polyester shirt, that is a magnificent achievement.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The actual state of that wretched collar is just unbelievable

image.png.4f5b2ff875ea5da43a4bfb4145a50e60.png

image.png.411f556d972e180fdef7d6f02c0cdc97.png

Who the **** thinks that's ok with functioning eyes?

Agree almost embarrassing

Who bloody gives it the go ahead? 

The collar and cuffs awful  

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Wow. Such vitriol over a…

…football shirt.

It’s not that bad.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Nobody is forcing you to?

And if you can get dye to run off a polyester shirt, that is a magnificent achievement.

our team have to wear it in public. Plus those bloody awful warm up shirts

• Like 5

I wonder why so many people are saying it’s hideous or the worst ever, is it because it is the worst or is it because they know it’s JL’s company that designed it and that’s just another stick to beat him with, I’m sure they will get Tinnion in there somewhere as well. It is just getting boring and childish now, don’t get me wrong I don’t agree with everything they do or say and I didn’t agree with the Pearson sacking just when we seemed to be building something but that’s gone, now it’s time to move on. I would love to know if the posters that keep spelling technical incorrectly have ever made a mistake in their grammar Im dam sure I have in this post.

Anyway I really like the new shirt, I still won’t buy it though as the price is more obscene than the design.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1