IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Cant be him then mate.  

Only played 18 games…. We all know we do such a vigorous scouting job that we watch a player at least 40-50 times live before signing. 

🤣🙈

Duh, we watched all 18 games, 2 & 1/2 times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobBobBobbin said:

for one am always appreciative of anyone passing on something they've heard; More often than not it's wrong or things change to make it outdated, but it adds a bit of colour to the picture we're all interested in. 

Better than crap jokes, puns or clever song titles.

:whistle2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

I think Tinnion said good news on two and paperwork being done but if they are from various parts of the world , Japan etc that paperwork may take a while eg clearances etc 🤞they are moving them forward 

When did he say this Cov ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

When did he say this Cov ?

I listened to the interview on fixture day and  as far as I heard it he said lost out on one the day before but had much news on two others and now got to do the paperwork , don’t recall him putting a time on it , Tinnion being Tinnion might said soon etc but not pinned down 

5 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I listened to the interview on fixture day and  as far as I heard it he said lost out on one the day before but had much news on two others and now got to do the paperwork , don’t recall him putting a time on it , Tinnion being Tinnion might said soon etc but not pinned down 

That may be a different interview to what i heard the one i heard he said we were talking to a couple of players and hope to have them over the line in the next couple of days that was 4th June (i think)

50 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

“Finalised today”….but there was no timeframe on announcement in fairness.

From my perspective I didn’t treat this as “done - all we have to do now is announce”, but that’s just me.  Hence why I just keep watching and waiting. It’s no big deal at this stage.  Could be two new players tomorrow for all I know.

But it will be disappointing for LM to have started preseason without the players here.  That will probably increase if they aren’t here for Portugal.  But how disappointed who knows.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“Finalised today”….but there was no timeframe on announcement in fairness.

From my perspective I didn’t treat this as “done - all we have to do now is announce”, but that’s just me.  Hence why I just keep watching and waiting. It’s no big deal at this stage.  Could be two new players tomorrow for all I know.

But it will be disappointing for LM to have started preseason without the players here.  That will probably increase if they aren’t here for Portugal.  But how disappointed who knows.

When do they go out to Portugal Dave?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m guessing next week at some point….im sure someone will know for sure.

I’m sure Brian said they were flying out on the 1st , so a week today would be my guess.

• Haha 10

I'm pretty happy with Fally and Yu so far (if they have indeed been well scouted).

If we can add the creative midfielder, it'll be a pretty interesting squad. 

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm pretty happy with Fally and Yu so far (if they have indeed been well scouted).

Add max Bird, Murphy (who I really rate), and Stokes, its not a bad haul.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Is it the player that @Harry meant though? 🤷‍♂️🤔

I can tell you that he’s absolutely riiii wrooooo riiiii wrrooooo ……

A Bit of Fry & Laurie 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I can tell you that he’s absolutely riiii wrooooo riiiii wrrooooo ……

A Bit of Fry & Laurie 

Either way mate, BS3chat on Twitter are taking your hints and @RedRoss detective work and claiming it as their own “exclusive”

Congratulations guys, you’re officially “sources” for a kid in his bedroom endlessly retweeting others work as opposed to getting a job/girlfriend/life

(NB - I note they say he’s had over 40 appearances - on that basis he now hits out scouting criteria)

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Either way mate, BS3chat on Twitter are taking your hints and @RedRoss detective work and claiming it as their own “exclusive”

Congratulations guys, you’re officially “sources” for a kid in his bedroom endlessly retweeting others work as opposed to getting a job/girlfriend/life

To be fair, having a job/girlfriend/life isn't all it's cracked up to be. That's why we spend so much time on OTIB...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair, having a job/girlfriend/life isn't all it's cracked up to be. That's why we spend so much time on OTIB...

Beginning to think it’s why I’m single tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Beginning to think it’s why I’m single tbh

Look, would you rather waste time in bed with a woman, or would you prefer to endlessly debate whether Liam Manning is tactically astute or not? It's the latter. Of course it is.

• Haha 2

Just now, mozo said:

Look, would you rather waste time in bed with a woman, or would you prefer to endlessly debate whether Liam Manning is tactically astute or not? It's the latter. Of course it is.

My wife continually asks me if that’s the “biggest bit”….

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

(NB - I note they say he’s had over 40 appearances - on that basis he now hits out scouting criteria)

So when he signs, his song starts like this….

”He’s Brazilian, he only cost two million……….”

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I’ll help out a bit here. 
I was told a name a couple of weeks ago and promised to keep it to myself. Which I have done. 
But I’ve since heard the same name mentioned by a number of other people so I don’t mind giving a little bit of info as I know it’s not going to have come directly from my source or me. 

I won’t say the name, but I’m told that the ‘number 10’ we may be considering rather than Twine is a “gamble” as Graham put it’d because he has zero experience in England, let alone the Championship. 
He’s 22, Brazilian and has a total of 18 appearances in the Brazilian Serie A. 

So whilst it would certainly be a somewhat exciting signing, as Graham says, it’s likely a big gamble too. 

Found two players who meet that criteria. 

Matheus Araujo:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matheus-araujo/profil/spieler/678853

Matheus Dias: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matheus-dias/profil/spieler/815384

(Ignore his stated position usually slots in on the right of midfield for Internacional) 

Cant say which seems more likely to be the one Harry is on about. Matheus Dias did play a few games for the Brazil u23s this year so maybe he was uncovered there?? Pure guesswork though. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

“There’ll be two coming tomorrow”

But it never happens.

do you get the 'you havent been listening to a word ive said' treatment?

i mean,how can you when someones just said they just saw a young japanese guy at the avon gorge hotel with alan curbishley🤣

Posted (edited)

It's a big leap @Port Said Red

Have I whooshed myself. 5th tier and League of Ireland..? Incredibly competitive 2nd tier but Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton have exited..perhaps a weaker division.

Young and promising yet raw. 3 strong experienced pros departedm

Certain posters, not including you on this are a bit bullish on the club.

That is their prerogative, I'm just unsure it is very well placed.

It won't be a disaster it'll just be a bit slow.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a big leap @Port Said Red

Have I whooshed myself. 5th tier and League of Ireland..? Incredibly competitive 2nd tier but Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton have exited..perhaps a weaker division.

Young and promising yet raw. 3 strong experienced pros departedm

Certain posters, not including you on this are a bit bullish on the club.

That is their prerogative, I'm just unsure it is very well placed.

It won't be a disaster it'll just be a bit slow.

No mate, sorry it was a personal joke, because I had a little bet with myself on how many posts it would be before you came up with that statement again. :) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Alot of people talking about Yu like its all done surely this can go eaither way I haven't seen an announcement anywhere.

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Alot of people talking about Yu like its all done surely this can go eaither way I haven't seen an announcement anywhere.

More a case of Thinking Of Yu…

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Piercy seems to think it's likely 

6 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Are you saying we could be With or Without Yu?

• Haha 8
  • Hmmm 1

Dunno with all of tinions comments lately and the ones missed out on I'm very sceptical about anything reported actually coming off atm! Let's hope they get a move on be nice to watch these new lads in the pre season games on robins tv when they do there package tv pre season game deal!

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Can't believe there are many young Brazilians who have played 18 games in Seria A.

Last season alone (2023 summer calendar), 38 players aged 22 (Matheus’s age) or younger played 18 Serie A matches or more.  

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Last season alone (2023 summer calendar), 38 players aged 22 (Matheus’s age) or younger played 18 Serie A matches or more.  

How many featured in exactly 18 games?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'm sure but didn't Harry specify Brazilian and played 18 games which suggested to me exactly 18. Surely that brings it down to just 1.

17 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I'm sure but didn't Harry specify Brazilian and played 18 games which suggested to me exactly 18. Surely that brings it down to just 1.

I was answering a specific Q, and replying to that.

Araujo’s 18 appearances have come over several seasons.  I was just pointing out that 18 apps over a few seasons at 22 is not that great when 38 players 22 and under made 18 appearances in a single season.

Araujo is the player that Harry is talking about I’m sure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is any potential move for Twine dead in the water now? I know he split opinions but I liked what he brought.

I’d say if we are bringing in the Brazilian number 10 it means we’ve given up on Twine

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

I’d say if we are bringing in the Brazilian number 10 it means we’ve given up on Twine

I was hoping it was a 'calling their bluff' move tbh. 

How concrete is the Brazilian? Anyone know?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

No one has said we are have they? Just that he’s an option should Burnley insist on us meeting their valuation of Twine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ian M said:

No one has said we are have they? Just that he’s an option should Burnley insist on us meeting their valuation of Twine.

And, if we're clever we could use our interest in Araujo to soften Burnley's stance/valuation. I'm not sure I see much of a poker player in Brian, but could be a factor at play as to why the link has been allowed/encouraged to be discussed?

Probably giving far too much credit... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

And, if we're clever we could use our interest in Araujo to soften Burnley's stance/valuation. I'm not sure I see much of a poker player in Brian, but could be a factor at play as to why the link has been allowed/encouraged to be discussed?

Probably giving far too much credit... 

I think if we said “we’re not paying that! We’ll sign someone else then”, Burnley will probably shrug their shoulders and be happy about it, tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think if we said “we’re not paying that! We’ll sign someone else then”, Burnley will probably shrug their shoulders and be happy about it, tbh. 

I guess it partly comes down to how wedded Twine himself is to the idea of becoming a Bristol City player? 

My assumptions are that;

a) Burnley aren't desperate to keep Twine, simply wanting to maximise the money the can recoup.

b) Scott Twine is really keen to play under Manning

c) Manning is desperate to have his guy 

In all honesty, at this stage I'd prefer us to just pay the fee. Not because I think he's worth it but because it means Liam has exactly what he wants and we can then begin to judge him, one way or another, as a coach. 

• Flames 1

I suppose SL pumping £13m into the club this week isnt really helping with this. Burnley will see this and not realise its going to pay off debts and hold out for the £4m they were asking thinking we are now minted

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

I suppose SL pumping £13m into the club this week isnt really helping with this. Burnley will see this and not realise its going to pay off debts and hold out for the £4m they were asking thinking we are now minted

No, Burnley will know exactly what the 13 million is for. It is the maximum an owner can put in a year, and Steve has done the same thing since the rules have come in. 

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, James54De said:

No, Burnley will know exactly what the 13 million is for. It is the maximum an owner can put in a year, and Steve has done the same thing since the rules have come in. 

Quite. I would presume that, unlike us, Burnley have staffed their hierarchy with experienced Football professionals and will see the amount matches what is allowed under the regulations and see our publicly released financials and come to that conclusion. Failing that we could always just tell them 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Quite. I would presume that, unlike us, Burnley have staffed their hierarchy with experienced Football professionals and will see the amount matches what is allowed under the regulations and see our publicly released financials and come to that conclusion. Failing that we could always just tell them 😂

They know we are bidding for other players and probably the fees (football talks), they know we bid £2.5m for Azaz in January.  They know we aren’t in FFP trouble.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They know we are bidding for other players and probably the fees (football talks), they know we bid £2.5m for Azaz in January.  They know we aren’t in FFP trouble.

But they must also understand we don't want to spend our entire remaining budget on just 1 player as we need a larger squad, right?

(Which is fine, he's their player, they can charge what they like)

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But they must also understand we don't want to spend our entire remaining budget on just 1 player as we need a larger squad, right?

(Which is fine, he's their player, they can charge what they like)

In their minds - Toughski Shitski / Unlucky Kentucky 😀😀😀