IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

You said exactly the same thing when I was on about signing Barry Bannon who at the time had about two or maybe three seasons left in him.

The overall point of ‘accommodating’ a gifted midfielder is surely down to the manager and his coaches to manipulate the starting 11 to get the best out said player? ………….:cool2:

We know that LM has worked with Twine before and knows what skills he’d bring and no doubt at all LM would like to see sign for City assuming that the price is agreeable.

Hang on, you fancied Barry Bannan as a player?

Why are we only hearing about this now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ian G saying Twine deal could go to deadline day, imo that would be absolutely ridiculous if we wait till deadline day for him, move on for goodness sake

You really need to learn how football transfers work, it's not like in football manager, 

2 hours ago, Nugget said:

Stokes, Anis, Benarous could all play the role but this looks like LM’s no.1 target.

If it weren’t for injuries I think even Naismith could do a job there.

Don't think we can really include Benarous in plans, just because of how injury prone he is.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

I must have missed this. Where's this information from? Hoping its just people sh*t stirring.🙏

Posted earlier by someone, and believed to be very true.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Posted earlier by someone, and believed to be very true.

Hmmm.

There would be a logical reason for Tommy training with the U21s, and that would be as he’s just back it’s building him up before he joins the main group. If that is the case though, then Ross should also be training there.

If it’s a case of we’re playing hardball because of the contract situation, some may applaud that. I don’t. We’re severely lacking in forward options - Nakhi being at the tail end of career, Fally a very unknown quantity, Bell very much unproven in that role and Cornick widely seen as not up to scratch. It’d be massively cutting nose off to spite face.

In addition, I’m not sure a man who walked out on the club who rehabilitated his career is in any position to make such a gesture to his players!

• Like 2

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hmmm.

There would be a logical reason for Tommy training with the U21s, and that would be as he’s just back it’s building him up before he joins the main group. If that is the case though, then Ross should also be training there.

Surely it's exactly just this, one group are up to speed and one has just returned from a break - people looking for a story that is not there?

Though if he has made it clear he doesn't want to play this season I see nothing wrong in keeping him away from the squad

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hmmm.

If it’s a case of we’re playing hardball because of the contract situation, some may applaud that. I don’t. We’re severely lacking in forward options - Nakhi being at the tail end of career, Fally a very unknown quantity, Bell very much unproven in that role and Cornick widely seen as not up to scratch. It’d be massively cutting nose off to spite face.

In addition, I’m not sure a man who walked out on the club who rehabilitated his career is in any position to make such a gesture to his players!

Before I say this, I have no knowledge if it is the case, but wouldn't it depend on what condition they have returned in? The 1st team have done most of their physical work and are doing tactical and mini game sessions, the U21's are still in physical work sessions I believe, so maybe that's another reason?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Before I say this, I have no knowledge if it is the case, but wouldn't it depend on what condition they have returned in? The 1st team have done most of their physical work and are doing tactical and mini game sessions, the U21's are still in physical work sessions I believe, so maybe that's another reason?

The question I'd then ask would be "what about Ross?"

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Which is why I mentioned "condition", it could be an individual thing?

Has it been verified that TC is with the U21s ?

Other than the rumour on here.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Which is why I mentioned "condition", it could be an individual thing?

He'll have done well to decondition himself during the brief time between Scotland's exit and returning to training. Especially if you consider he's evidently keen to progress his career up a level?

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

He'll have done well to decondition himself during the brief time between Scotland's exit and returning to training. Especially if you consider he's evidently keen to progress his career up a level?

Has TC invaded every other posting, Scott Twine ? 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Has it been verified that TC is with the U21s ?

Other than the rumour on here.

Not as far as I know.

Just now, Ian M said:

True, he would have had to have acted very unprofessionally to do so, and as I said I was just postulating another option, I don't know if TC is training with the U21's or even if he is training with them. 

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Has TC invaded every other posting, Scott Twine ? 

As always, threads on OTIB are organic. I don't look at a post and think "that one doesn't belong on this thread title so I won't reply". As long as they stay broadly on topic that's ok by me. I'm not gonna spend 26 hours a day finding appropriate threads to move errant replies to.

PS your reply complaining about the TC replies was off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Twine scored a hat trick in a friendly for Burnley yesterday

I'm sure Mr. Parker will be duly impressed - unless they won 12-0 against a local team..

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm sure Mr. Parker will be duly impressed - unless they won 12-0 against a local team..

That might be quite impressive if it was Blackburn, Preston or one of the Manchester clubs! 👀

first impressions on new boss must be impressive, any hatrick especially from midfield catches the eye, fair play to him just hope he’s not impressing to much and hope we don’t chase him to the final day of window

can you imagine vs Burnley next season Brownhill Massengo Twine all playing! 

Just now, HengroveReds said:

first impressions on new boss must be impressive, any hatrick especially from midfield catches the eye, fair play to him just hope he’s not impressing to much and hope we don’t chase him to the final day of window

can you imagine vs Burnley next season Brownhill Massengo Twine all playing! 

Have you any idea who they played? 

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

Twine scored a hat trick in a friendly for Burnley yesterday

So Burnley, knowing Twine wants a move away involve him fully in pre season, picking him in the first 11 and he scores a hat trick.

Meanwhile at Bristol City we banish our want away player to the U21's.

Pathetic.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So Burnley, knowing Twine wants a move away involve him fully in pre season, picking him in the first 11 and he scores a hat trick.

Pathetic.

Not quite right Sir G. According to the Burnley forum, it was a training game with multiple changes every 30 minutes for both sides. It certainly wasn't necessarily either first team at any point, more a 'yards in the legs' for everyone, by all accounts.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not quite right Sir G. According to the Burnley forum, it was a training game with multiple changes every 30 minutes for both sides. It certainly wasn't necessarily either first team at any point, more a 'yards in the legs' for everyone, by all accounts.

Still fully involved though wasn't he. Which was the point of my post.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Still fully involved though wasn't he. Which was the point of my post.

True Sir. As were the rest of their squad I guess.

Scoring 3 doesn't help us. 😞

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Pathetic.

Not really, player wants to leave turned down 2 contract offers, so why waste valuable coaching time and essentially doing someone else's preseason fitness work for them.... That does not strike me as being pathetic, sounds like the club have done the carrot approach, so time for the stick....Twine still has another couple of years on the contract at least so a slightly different situation

Edited by bexhill reds

40 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Not really, player wants to leave turned down 2 contract offers, so why waste valuable coaching time and essentially doing someone else's preseason fitness work for them.... That does not strike me as being pathetic, sounds like the club have done the carrot approach, so time for the stick....Twine still has another couple of years on the contract at least so a slightly different situation

Except he is still our employee and until proved otherwise our best centre forward. He may still be here on 1st September. Then what, a wasted pre season because (in your words) Manning didn't waste valuable coaching time with him during the Summer. Sorry but that is just nonsense. Manning is paid to coach and improve the whole squad not pick and choose favourites depending on the length of their contract.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Except he is still our employee and until proved otherwise our best centre forward. He may still be here on 1st September. Then what, a wasted pre season because (in your words) Manning didn't waste valuable coaching time with him during the Summer. Sorry but that is just nonsense. Manning is paid to coach and improve the whole squad not pick and choose favourites depending on the length of their contract.

Give it a rest 😴  forget conway he is history and good riddance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Totally disagree, Manning is paid and judged to get results ultimately, it's his prerogative to determine what resources he wants to include for this goal nothing to do with favourites or tenure of contract.

Do we know what Conway's mindset will be like, do we know that he'll be 100% committed? Turning up for preseason on the allotted date does not prove that, that just means that he's not in breach of contract.

Perhaps Manning has sat down with him for a meeting and taken his own gauge on where TC's head is and made the decision that he does not want him in the set up. It's no different to any other organisation really, employee has made it clear that they no longer want to be the company, so the company decides to put them on gardening leave in lieu of notice regardless of their talent because they don't feel that the employee will be an asset in their remaining time.

Im not going to knock TC's potential, and on paper he could be our best striker, but will he really be prepared to give 100% to everything on and off the pitch if he's got one eye out the door, to my mind anything less than that then I'd rather be out of the team.

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Totally disagree, Manning is paid and judged to get results ultimately, it's his prerogative to determine what resources he wants to include for this goal nothing to do with favourites or tenure of contract.

Do we know what Conway's mindset will be like, do we know that he'll be 100% committed? Turning up for preseason on the allotted date does not prove that, that just means that he's not in breach of contract.

Perhaps Manning has sat down with him for a meeting and taken his own gauge on where TC's head is and made the decision that he does not want him in the set up. It's no different to any other organisation really, employee has made it clear that they no longer want to be the company, so the company decides to put them on gardening leave in lieu of notice regardless of their talent because they don't feel that the employee will be an asset in their remaining time.

Im not going to knock TC's potential, and on paper he could be our best striker, but will he really be prepared to give 100% to everything on and off the pitch if he's got one eye out the door, to my mind anything less than that then I'd rather be out of the team.

You know he's a City fan right? Do you think we'd ever need to question your commitment on the pitch had you made it as a professional at City but had decided after your contract was over you wanted to move to another club to better progress your career?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ian M said:

You know he's a City fan right? Do you think we'd ever need to question your commitment on the pitch had you made it as a professional at City but had decided after your contract was over you wanted to move to another club to better progress your career?

Conway isn’t a City fan. Joined the academy at an early age, yes but he wasn’t a fan. 

26 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

How do we know he won't be 100% committed?

Manning as the 'boss' should be the bigger person after sitting down with him and tell him some positive things rather than just offloading him to the 21's.

I'm really struggling to understand all the anger on here against Tommy tbh.

Hardly anyone has thought to look at the situation (since last summer /autumn ) from Tommy's perspective.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

How do we know he won't be 100% committed?

Manning as the 'boss' should be the bigger person after sitting down with him and tell him some positive things rather than just offloading him to the 21's.

I'm really struggling to understand all the anger on here against Tommy tbh.

Hardly anyone has thought to look at the situation (since last summer /autumn ) from Tommy's perspective.

Unless you are a family member or ITK then how do you know he will be committed? The only people who do know will be TC himself and those in the club that have actually sat down with him, I would be amazed given the meeting culture that seems to prevail now that he's not sat down with the coaching staff and for them to make a call on where they think his head is at. That said, everything on here is most likely to be speculation and conjecture, but I'd be amazed in this day and age that his agent would not have sounded or been sounded out by possible suitors with indicative figures discussed. The potential of a big pay rise or chunky signing on fee for being OOC will have an effect on someone's mentality, that's just human nature. 

I suspect the general anger is more down to frustration on why someone does not want to commit to the club we support, most would agree that a football career is short and deep down have no issue with someone ultimately doing what's best for them, we might not like it but we can understand it.

This is one of those situations that is probably best resolved quickly allowing TC to get his move and the club to maximise the transfer fee they might get.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Ian M said:

As I said on a previous post I'd be amazed if his agent had not sounded out potential suitors sufficiently enough to know what any package might be. Regardless of my loyalties, if I knew that a potential new employer would triple my salary or give me a golden hello by coming in contract free and potentially enhance my career would I want to do anything to jeopardise my ability to work for that employer? Would I want to risk a career ending injury just because I might support my current employer - no probably not and I argue that no one else would. 

I don't blame TC for wanting out if he feels it will enhance his career, but likewise I don't feel any anger towards the club for making a call that they feel best suits them if there is no apparent intention to sign a new contract.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Unless you are a family member or ITK then how do you know he will be committed? The only people who do know will be TC himself and those in the club that have actually sat down with him, I would be amazed given the meeting culture that seems to prevail now that he's not sat down with the coaching staff and for them to make a call on where they think his head is at. That said, everything on here is most likely to be speculation and conjecture, but I'd be amazed in this day and age that his agent would not have sounded or been sounded out by possible suitors with indicative figures discussed. The potential of a big pay rise or chunky signing on fee for being OOC will have an effect on someone's mentality, that's just human nature. 

I suspect the general anger is more down to frustration on why someone does not want to commit to the club we support, most would agree that a football career is short and deep down have no issue with someone ultimately doing what's best for them, we might not like it but we can understand it.

This is one of those situations that is probably best resolved quickly allowing TC to get his move and the club to maximise the transfer fee they might get.

totally agree best he moves on quickly.  I do believe Conway is trying to shaft us as a club but he also does have a right to run his contract down.  I agree with clubs decision to put him in u21s and waste no more time on him.  Lets hope we get an offer so he moves on quickly!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nigelmalta said:

totally agree best he moves on quickly.  I do believe Conway is trying to shaft us as a club but he also does have a right to run his contract down.  I agree with clubs decision to put him in u21s and waste no more time on him.  Lets hope we get an offer so he moves on quickly!!

Out of interest - in what way is he trying to shaft us?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

From what I known and seen of Tommy. His commitment cannot be questioned. Just because he doesn't want to sign a new contract that doesn't mean he in uncommitted in the here and the now. 

I do not know if Tommy Conway will see the season out here or not. But what I do know is that Tommy would be putting in 100% effort to get ready for the new season because whether he is here or he is at another club, he will need to be fit. 

If Tommy were to see the season out here then it would be ridiculous of us to not consider him an asset. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

By exercising his right not to sign a new contract it seems. Apparently it's ok for the rest of us to do that but not footballers.

I have no idea why but some people seem to yearn for the pre-Bosman days.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Someone said yesterday it could go down to deadline day via Ian G

That’s him just hedging his bets because there is no movement on this at all currently, so he’s just speculating what could happen.  Things are not progressing at all.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s him just hedging his bets because there is no movement on this at all currently, so he’s just speculating what could happen.  Things are not progressing at all.

Correct!

And there has been very little dialogue between the clubs recently

That's not to say it won't happen eventually though!

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we really need to move on from Twine now. He really isn’t as good as people think he is. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

I think Parker will see him as a good option in his squad. Not sure they would want to sell at the moment to a rival. 

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think we really need to move on from Twine now. He really isn’t as good as people think he is. 

I think Parker will see him as a good option in his squad. Not sure they would want to sell at the moment to a rival. 

And even if he is that good, if we're nowhere near reaching an agreement for him, why continue to waste time and energy on it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Legally he has every right to not sign sign, clearly he knows what the club and people around it have given him over the years, and he knows the transfer fee he would command if he was sold,, clearly thats not as much a concern as making more money for himself, was it darren barnard who signed the contract and was sold soon after, meaning the club got the fee?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

And even if he is that good, if we're nowhere near reaching an agreement for him, why continue to waste time and energy on it?

The club aren't wasting much time and energy on it, the fans on here are!

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Legally he has every right to not sign sign, clearly he knows what the club and people around it have given him over the years, and he knows the transfer fee he would command if he was sold,, clearly thats not as much a concern as making more money for himself, was it darren barnard who signed the contract and was sold soon after, meaning the club got the fee?

The problem as it see it is - for all of you “you” (not you) saying he should’ve signed the contract and put in a release fee clause - what level do you set that at that’s fair?  And when you think of a number, then imagine that a club could have him for somewhere between £350k (€400k) and probably £1.0-1.5m next summer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We are not rivals with Burnley. They'll be fighting for automatics this season.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Plus he is being set up as the key player for Manning. So what happens if he signs and doesn't perform to that level? A big risk for both club and player, especially if we pay over the odds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The problem as it see it is - for all of you “you” (not you) saying he should’ve signed the contract and put in a release fee clause - what level do you set that at that’s fair?  And when you think of a number, then imagine that a club could have him for somewhere between £350k (€400k) and probably £1.0-1.5m next summer.

At first thought, somewhere around the 4 million mark would see him give something back. The killer is obviously the potential move to Scotland, where there would be no tribunal fee involved.

• Like 2

Just need to take a look at the Burnley squad, it's huge & full of quality, they will be contenders this season no doubt. Where does this leave Twine? IMO he would have to bide his time & force his way into the starting line up whereas he knows he'll be Mannings 1st pick.

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

At first thought, somewhere around the 4 million mark would see him give something back. The killer is obviously the potential move to Scotland, where there would be no tribunal fee involved.

And that’s a big sticking point.

12 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Just need to take a look at the Burnley squad, it's huge & full of quality, they will be contenders this season no doubt. Where does this leave Twine? IMO he would have to bide his time & force his way into the starting line up whereas he knows he'll be Mannings 1st pick.

I suppose thats the question - would you rather have to compete for a place at a team who are very likely to be promoted, or be 1st choice in a team who are very likely to finish midtable?

46 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Just read he scored a hattrick last night against Barnsley u21s in a friendly 

Crickey, how many times are they playing Barnsley in pre-seasons?

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Selred said:

Crickey, how many times are they playing Barnsley in pre-seasons?

Having scored hat-tricks against Barnsley and Barnsley U21s the last two nights, what price a Scott Twine hat-trick tonight against Barnsley U18s?

• Haha 5
  • Hmmm 1

I'd imagine Burnley are looking at the proposed figure we are looking at paying for Sinclair and are asking City why if we can pay around £2/3 million on a punt then why won't we pay £5 million for proven championship quality? Pointless having these strikers without the key to service!!!

• Like 2

Is this all dead and buried now with Armstrong in or is there some chance of it still coming off?

I felt he was a good forward thinking midfielder and the word was he wanted  to come and we wanted him.  

Sorry if this should of gone in the transfer bit

• Confused 1