IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Given Mannings obsession with getting him here I think you are probably correct in him becoming a/the top earner here.

Is he obsessed or is it our fans that are obsessed?

Reacting to rumour again!

• Like 1

Ideal world a swap deal Conway goes to Burnley as he doesn’t want to be at City. 
Twine comes to city as he doesn’t want be at Burnley. 
All parties happy 😃 want away players gone from both clubs 

Come Tinnion and Parker sort it out 

Is Twine what we need?

The love in is a bit OTT, in my opinion. Did alright in the games he played for us but not outstanding.

Wouldnt be unhappy to see him arrive but not upset if we were to miss out on him.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Ideal world a swap deal Conway goes to Burnley as he doesn’t want to be at City. 
Twine comes to city as he doesn’t want be at Burnley. 
All parties happy 😃 want away players gone from both clubs 

Come Tinnion and Parker sort it out 

Ideal for who? Not for Burnley if they don't need or want Conway. 

41 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Is Twine what we need?

The love in is a bit OTT, in my opinion. Did alright in the games he played for us but not outstanding.

Wouldnt be unhappy to see him arrive but not upset if we were to miss out on him.

There's no fan "love-in".

Some say we're a better side with him, others aren't so fussed.

But if you're looking for evidence of a love in, our Head Coach might be a good place to start.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

There's no fan "love-in".

Some say we're a better side with him, others aren't so fussed.

But if you're looking for evidence of a love in, our Head Coach might be a good place to start.

“No fan “love-in””… in your opinion. My opinion is there is. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a split of people but a lot are obsessed by the idea.

There are literally people on social media who contact the club daily asking when we are signing him… there is a X account which is tweeting a video of him every day until he signs. It’s over 50 days in!

I trust Manning and if his “love-in” results in us signing him, great.  

32 minutes ago, westred1 said:

“No fan “love-in””… in your opinion. My opinion is there is. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a split of people but a lot are obsessed by the idea.

There are literally people on social media who contact the club daily asking when we are signing him… there is a X account which is tweeting a video of him every day until he signs. It’s over 50 days in!

I trust Manning and if his “love-in” results in us signing him, great.  

Ok. Don't do social media.

Bully for you. I'm sure it brings you infinite happiness to be swilling around in that cesspit.

So what you're saying is - a load of f uckw its on twitter are obsessed with him?

Exactly. F uckw its.

But I'll re-phrase for you anyway - "There's no fan love-in, ON HERE".

Jesus christ, forming an opinion based on what twitter is asking!!! Whatever next.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me or has OTIB become very aggressive and quite abusive in the last week or so?

Chill out will you and attack the post not the poster.

TBF it’s been like this since Pearson got the elbow. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Jeez said:

That and then a load of Bristol Sport sympathisers undercover, combination of factors and a split fanbase all plays a role.

I say split, perhaps not so much but on here certainly there are some.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me or has OTIB become very aggressive and quite abusive in the last week or so?

Chill out will you and attack the post not the poster.

The tone of posts vary tremendously and like many forums otib is cyclical in that regard. 

36 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Been like it all the time I’ve been on here, which was 2015.

Got heightened with Cotterill, Johnson, Pearson and now Manning.  Holden was probably the least animosity whilst he was in charge, but during the “vigorous” (sic) recruitment stage it was pretty bad too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeez said:

That didn’t help, lots of posters were very upset by the way Nige’s sacking was handled and provoked a predictable response with Tinnion getting slagged off and blamed. However things on here have calmed down considerably since then and the majority of fans have appreciated that LM is now the manager.

Its taken awhile to accept LM with him bleating on about ‘time on the grass’ and moaning about the relentless nature of the Championship but I doubt we’ll hear much of that this coming season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That didn’t help, lots of posters were very upset by the way Nige’s sacking was handled and provoked a predictable response with Tinnion getting slagged off and blamed. However things on here have calmed down considerably since then and the majority of fans have appreciated that LM is now the manager.

Its taken awhile to accept LM with him bleating on about ‘time on the grass’ and moaning about the relentless nature of the Championship but I doubt we’ll hear much of that this coming season. 

I shall expect him to deliver or criticism will he much merited.

Has to at least match 15 from the first 10 or 11 for me or he is faltering.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I shall expect him to deliver or criticism will he much merited.

Has to at least match 15 from the first 10 or 11 for me or he is faltering.

That applies to virtually every manager Mr Pop. Fans are a fickle lot.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That applies to virtually every manager Mr Pop. Fans are a fickle lot.

Nothing to do with fickle RR.

Manning hasn't had to sell his best this summer, certain issues haven't been an issue this time.

Has he been backed enough? Perhaps not but he was brought in to improve matters..and has a solid base. Hopefully we will fly this season.

Tbh the hierarchy merit more scrutiny.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

One theory that could be way out.

Post 31st July maybe we are waiting for this as Burnley have certain debt etc.. maybe something materially changes there.

I don't think it is likely but could there be any kind of payment pressure post July 31st? (Their Accounts run until then)

2 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Your post is a dick 

Ska is a great poster on OTIB and well liked.

If I remember you had a right go at some other poster, then apologised, but here you go again.

If you can't respect other posters then I suggest you just do one. And yes I did keep this tame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One theory that could be way out.

Post 31st July maybe we are waiting for this as Burnley have certain debt etc.. maybe something materially changes there.

I don't think it is likely but could there be any kind of payment pressure post July 31st? (Their Accounts run until then)

There seems to be a lot of shit being thrown out there about Burnley - I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

If they desperately needed to sell, they would’ve.  Yet actually they are recruiting.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There seems to be a lot of shit being thrown out there about Burnley - I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

If they desperately needed to sell, they would’ve.  Yet actually they are recruiting.

I'm clutching a little but I even wonder if a slight FFP factor.

They still have a £36m and up to £83m Upper Loss Limit to end if July 2024 as Accounts until 31 July.

The day later that becomes £61m and a £30m+ loss as starting point. Their debt situation intrigues me a bit- them, Luton and Sheffield United don't seem quite as fearsome as Leeds, Leicester, Southampton.

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

I get that he was our number one target, but there has to be a point where we call it a day and move on before it jeopardises our pre season plan. 

If he was our No1 target this summer and priority then I would have thought he would have been first through the door especially as he’s been on loan and dialogue with Burnley would have been ongoing since January about a possible permanent transfer in the summer

I would be less confident now that he will be joining unless there is some sort of contractual or financial trigger date yet to be reached 

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

I get that he was our number one target, but there has to be a point where we call it a day and move on before it jeopardises our pre season plan. 

Maybe just maybe the club have

It's the fans in here who haven't 

23 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if we get a no 10 Twine or someone else do fans think we have enough to challenge at the top end of the leaque. if not what do we need. 

Depends very much on how Yu, Sincs and Fally slot in and whether Birdy will efficiently replace James.

What we probably need is no more sales (Conway aside).

I think it’ll happen, the clubs appear to be talking, they’ve had a change of manager, at least we’ve be proactive, gone out & got the other 3 & not put all efforts into ST, potentially losing out on other signings. They can focus on this now, the conversations with Burnley appear to still be active, can’t help but think Twine could force it a bit but it hasn’t come to that yet, he’ll be aware of the signings we’ve made & may wanna be a part of that / actually be wanted. Of the 4 he’s the one that could slot in pretty quickly without pre season last minute. Think it’ll go a bit longer yet.

18 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if we get a no 10 Twine or someone else do fans think we have enough to challenge at the top end of the leaque. if not what do we need.

Based on the final 3rd of last season, additions so far and LM having a pre season with the squad I would expect us to be in the top 10 and maybe challenging top 6 

Very difficult to gauge at this stage as other clubs would have recruited just like us as well as the clubs promoted & demoted will be a bit of an unknown

I’m watching with interest as to how LM sets us up and if we are capable of breaking teams down who play a low block especially when we are at home.

I think our away performances could surprise some teams as we now have players who are in my opinion more adept at counter attacking at pace and pressing in the oppositions half of the pitch and therefore winning the ball in dangerous areas - hopefully that converts to more chances and goals scored 

Having a creative 10 is imperative at home as we will likely look to dominate possession and have to break teams down

Having Fally as an option to get wide players to put more crosses in to someone who is 6’3” should be more of a threat than a 5’10” forward that we have had 

Whilst I have no pre conceived thoughts of promotion this coming season, I would like to look forward to some exciting attacking football as opposed to the mind numbing boring stuff I have endured in the past 5/6 seasons 

It became a chore watching us so fingers crossed for something better 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I've read a few reports of clubs interested in signing Brownhill.

While he and Twine might be slightly different types of player, perhaps their new manager wants to see whether Brownhill does go before making a decision on Twine.

Given their alleged financial issues Brownhill would command a bigger fee, so would be the more important sale 

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I've read a few reports of clubs interested in signing Brownhill.

While he and Twine might be slightly different types of player, perhaps their new manager wants to see whether Brownhill does go before making a decision on Twine.

Given their alleged financial issues Brownhill would command a bigger fee, so would be the more important sale 

Brownhill has the most active agent going, I’ve never known a player be linked to so many clubs literally every transfer window 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Brownhill has the most active agent going, I’ve never known a player be linked to so many clubs literally every transfer window 

Comes around more often than Xmas.

There must be about 40 historical threads on here about his sell on clause, he never goes anywhere in the end..

Would say though that someone posted Burnley’s current squad on X (Twitter) last night, they have 39 players & very few are under 21s, so will be leaving at least 10 players out of it at this rate.

My hunch is if Twine isn’t moved on, he’ll make their 25, but a certain mop haired French midfielder looks highly unlikely to do so to me.

• Flames 2

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

unch is if Twine isn’t moved on, he’ll make their 25, but a certain former mop haired French midfielder looks highly unlikely to do so to me.

Corrected that for you. :)

IMG-20240625-WA0002.jpg

Just now, Davefevs said:

He’s back with the mop, had his hair done for honeymoon.  His hair is still effing massive!

Makes sense I guess, the photographer would have had a nightmare trying to get people into the picture around him otherwise. :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Based on the final 3rd of last season, additions so far and LM having a pre season with the squad I would expect us to be in the top 10 and maybe challenging top 6 

Very difficult to gauge at this stage as other clubs would have recruited just like us as well as the clubs promoted & demoted will be a bit of an unknown

I’m watching with interest as to how LM sets us up and if we are capable of breaking teams down who play a low block especially when we are at home.

I think our away performances could surprise some teams as we now have players who are in my opinion more adept at counter attacking at pace and pressing in the oppositions half of the pitch and therefore winning the ball in dangerous areas - hopefully that converts to more chances and goals scored 

Having a creative 10 is imperative at home as we will likely look to dominate possession and have to break teams down

Having Fally as an option to get wide players to put more crosses in to someone who is 6’3” should be more of a threat than a 5’10” forward that we have had 

Whilst I have no pre conceived thoughts of promotion this coming season, I would like to look forward to some exciting attacking football as opposed to the mind numbing boring stuff I have endured in the past 5/6 seasons 

It became a chore watching us so fingers crossed for something better 

Why do we as fans lack ambition? There is no reason why we cannot get promoted! Just look at likes of Ipswich and Luton. If we get it right with a solid foundation of 4th best defence in the Championship last season then surely enhancing that with pace and power we’ve lacked in final third is only a good thing, plus Bird is potentially going to be a big signing for us and I’m including him as a summer signing. 6th spot should be there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why do we as fans lack ambition? There is no reason why we cannot get promoted! Just look at likes of Ipswich and Luton. If we get it right with a solid foundation of 4th best defence in the Championship last season then surely enhancing that with pace and power we’ve lacked in final third is only a good thing, plus Bird is potentially going to be a big signing for us and I’m including him as a summer signing. 6th spot should be there. 

As I said the other day, in my view we’re probably about where we were last season. And you have to remember that we were in relegation form Jan-March and the last eight games points outstripped performance (not a bad thing but not sustainable long term)

If you work on the basis of the most “proven” signing in Bird replacing James, you’re then left with a load of punts. Exciting ones in part, yep, but definite punts based on age, record to date, step up, change in culture etc. Those could all come off and we could be sat here with Yu, Armstrong, Fally, Stokes and Murphy all being top six players. The odds are, however, against that (realistically), and if 1-2 of them hit that level consistently I’d be delighted.

The realistic view is that top six is unlikely. We’d need a big turnaround in performance from the second half of last season to meet that level. It could happen - but it needs a lot of fair winds and a success rate on signings that would be almost unprecedented.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

I think it’ll happen, the clubs appear to be talking, they’ve had a change of manager, at least we’ve be proactive, gone out & got the other 3 & not put all efforts into ST, potentially losing out on other signings. They can focus on this now, the conversations with Burnley appear to still be active, can’t help but think Twine could force it a bit but it hasn’t come to that yet, he’ll be aware of the signings we’ve made & may wanna be a part of that / actually be wanted. Of the 4 he’s the one that could slot in pretty quickly without pre season last minute. Think it’ll go a bit longer yet.

Really?

I think you have duff info!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said the other day, in my view we’re probably about where we were last season. And you have to remember that we were in relegation form Jan-March and the last eight games points outstripped performance (not a bad thing but not sustainable long term)

If you work on the basis of the most “proven” signing in Bird replacing James, you’re then left with a load of punts. Exciting ones in part, yep, but definite punts based on age, record to date, step up, change in culture etc. Those could all come off and we could be sat here with Yu, Armstrong, Fally, Stokes and Murphy all being top six players. The odds are, however, against that (realistically), and if 1-2 of them hit that level consistently I’d be delighted.

The realistic view is that top six is unlikely. We’d need a big turnaround in performance from the second half of last season to meet that level. It could happen - but it needs a lot of fair winds and a success rate on signings that would be almost unprecedented.

We also need Max to have another stellar season… he saved our arses so many times over the course of last season and made our defence look on paper so much better than it actually was. Max had the highest % of saves versus shots (75%) of all goalkeepers in the championship last season.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Really? There’s a lot of us still very angry about it. I was just thinking about how the divide has lasted longer than the board could possibly have imagined. I’ll get behind LM when he’s earned it, which is not yet in my eyes.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

We also need Max to have another stellar season… he saved our arses so many times over the course of last season and made our defence look on paper so much better than it actually was. Max had the highest % of saves versus shots (75%) of all goalkeepers in the championship last season.

True - and I’ll hold my hands up in that I wasn’t convinced by Max for a long time but I’m more than happy with him now. Still some dodgy distribution but good far outweighs bad!

On a broader point, optimism is fine. But what a lot of people are missing on this (and other threads) is that when people “criticise” in their eyes, all people are actually doing is giving a realistic viewpoint. “Just get behind the team” is the most base point anyone could make - you have to see where the pitfalls are as well (and there are a lot at the moment!)

In the words of the Bluetones “You don’t have to have the solution, you have to understand the problem - and don’t go hoping for a miracle”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the words of the Bluetones “You don’t have to have the solution, you have to understand the problem - and don’t go hoping for a miracle”

Have you got some kind of bet as to how many lyrics you can get into your posts SD?! 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s an affliction mate, photographic memory is both a blessing and a curse 😂😂

Keep ‘em coming.  Off the back of your quote last week I had a very enjoyable Carter session Friday night!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Really? There’s a lot of us still very angry about it. I was just thinking about how the divide has lasted longer than the board could possibly have imagined. I’ll get behind LM when he’s earned it, which is not yet in my eyes.

I was as angry as pretty much everyone was but managers come and go. I guess that I’ve seen about 30 managers over the years.

Experience has taught me that there’s no point in ‘crying over spilled milk’ and I try to get behind the new manager as much as I can,

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Was only saying similar to @headhunter last night.  There is an expectation our defence will continue to perform like it did last season and we just need to sort the “attack”.  There needs to be a big focus on maintaining the defence too.  Any drop off there will be we need even more from our attack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I was as angry as pretty much everyone was but managers come and go. I guess that I’ve seen about 30 managers over the years.

Experience has taught me that there’s no point in ‘crying over spilled milk’ and I try to get behind the new manager as much as I can,

The problem is that it showed up the hierarchy as being incompetent and dishonest. Those same people are still here and still in control. 
Trust is like virginity you only lose it once. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As the major said , it’s the dishonesty . It wasn’t an easy choice to not renew my season ticket for the first time in 25 years. I really can’t stand Jon Lansdown . The bloke is a bloody idiot & daddy has had enough & given him the reins to the club . If it’s true about him making commercial deals behind the CEO’s back & getting away with it plus the outright lies after Pearson was sacked . The lies from tinnion live on radio. It’s not going to end well . It really is time for change at the top . 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

17 hours ago, westred1 said:

Not sure why you received some harsh words in response to this, mate. What you've said is true.

It's a minority, but there are undoubtedly fans both on X and on here who are very much "in-love" with the idea of signing Twine. I was having a discussion with a poster recently who was suggesting that signing Twine is essential, and that if we do we'll almost certainly finish in the top 6. I've also seen the "posting every day until we sign Twine" guy too.

Again, it's a minority, but you're right - there is a Twine love-in amongst some fans. I think the majority of us on here are looking at things a bit more critically though - perhaps that's the reason for the prickly responses to your post.

Concerningly, Tinnion and Manning look to be part of the Twine love-in minority!

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 4