IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

2 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Parker liking him dosent necessarily mean hes staying. 

Twine really wants the move, closer to home, loves Manning.

If we pay the money, it will happen regardless of Parkers view.

If Burnley are okay financially then it could depend?

I remember 2 years ago Kompany basically declared Brownhill unsellable. Some of that is positioning but perhaps Parker will look to make him a real key man.

Back when were desperately hoping got some sell-ons to materialise in Summer 2022 especially and a bit before but none did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, cheddarwedlocker said:

Sorry mate but you've said so much about Twine. In June you were saying Twine was the 7 we were signing. The deal was 99% done. Then it was being announced that week. 

We know we want Twine, he seems happy with the transfer but we can't agree on a deal with Burnley. This running commentary you've provided has changed day by day. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

If Burnley are okay financially then it could depend?

I remember 2 years ago Kompany basically declared Brownhill unsellable. Some of that is positioning but perhaps Parker will look to make him a real key man.

I couldnt imagine Burnley are in the mud financially.

All they want to do is recoup the money they paid, if they were to sell.

No point of them selling for a loss, when he is a handy player

Just now, cheddarwedlocker said:

I couldnt imagine Burnley are in the mud financially.

All they want to do is recoup the money they paid, if they were to sell.

No point of them selling for a loss, when he is a handy player

I can't make my mind up on them..they made some major sales 2 years ago.

If they aren't in the mud financially and Parker really rates him, perhaps he stays at Burnley and plays often.

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

Sorry mate but you've said so much about Twine. In June you were saying Twine was the 7 we were signing. The deal was 99% done. Then it was being announced that week. 

We know we want Twine, he seems happy with the transfer but we can't agree on a deal with Burnley. This running commentary you've provided has changed day by day. 

I was fed poorly that info.

Mainly to do with the fact he was training at HPC, in the new season kit which my mate spotted.

This saga is a pisstake realistically, and, it is changing day by day.

Its hard to keep everyone happy. Ive said it before and again, im saying what ive been told.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

But we won’t pay the money, which has been the issue for the last 8 months 

• Like 6

So, Parker likes him. Parker also likes expensive cardigans with random stripes so I’m not convinced on his opinion on a lot of things!

Realistically, Parker liking Twine is the best solution all round here. Burnley don’t need to sell, and it would then also be the manager doesn’t want to sell. Yes, he may take a sale - but it would again push the price up as you’re then looking at an asset the manager/club now wants to keep. Kind of a reverse Conway.

We then also don’t spend a huge amount of money on a man who flattered to deceive. That belter who posts a video of him daily has to find a new hobby as well, and we can actually move to a realistic, and hopefully better, signing having wasted all summer on this one (despite having said we wouldn’t).

What it does say is this though. Burnley sold Bailey Peacock-Farrell with no manager in place as a suitable offer came in. It’s highly likely they’d have sold Twine to us had we made a suitable offer before Parker was appointed. So, by dicking about we’ve likely lost out on the player. We knew the price and it hasn’t moved, we just didn’t want to pay it (and if we didn’t we should have shot this deal dead a long time ago). The circumstance now appears to have changed, as it was always likely to.

Good work everyone. I’m happy with the outcome but I’d bet Manning is spitting feathers.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But we won’t pay the money, which has been the issue for the last 8 months 

And if we do now stump up what Burnley want he's missed a vital pre season 'on the grass' with Liam.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

Ska is a great poster on OTIB and well liked.

If I remember you had a right go at some other poster, then apologised, but here you go again.

If you can't respect other posters then I suggest you just do one. And yes I did keep this tame.

Thank you Sniper. My gripe was certainly not about me, more a general thing.

I just see quite a lot of personal stuff being thrown about unnecessarily. For me the forum should be about the content and not abuse of anyone with an alternative view, humour has its place too.

FWIW, I thought TM's response was quite amusing.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

I wish we would either stump up the cash........or look elsewhere, I would like Twine to join us, but we are not exactly coming from a position of strength, and the longer this drags on,  the more unlikely   it seems?  However, what do I know?............and as i am not party to the negotiations, I could just be venting my frustrations at this ongoing soap opera?  It reminds me a little of the Nketiah saga a few years ago

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I wish we would either stump up the cash........or look elsewhere, I would like Twine to join us, but we are not exactly coming from a position of strength, and the longer this drags on,  the more unlikely   it seems?  However, what do I know?............and as i am not party to the negotiations, I could just be venting my frustrations at this ongoing soap opera?  It reminds me a little of the Nketiah saga a few years ago

From what others have said, sounds like little progress has been made so far and so fully expect City to be looking at alternatives now - probably have been for a number of weeks.

Whilst I would like to see Twine join us, I certainly wouldn’t want us to be paying over the odds for him (the £4m suggested)

If it happens, think it’s more likely to be a season-long loan now (hopefully with an agreed price next summer) but of not, I’m sure that we will sign an alternative prior to KO in just under 3 weeks time.

1 hour ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

And yet City haven’t moved on the money in so long and don’t look like doing so, could have been in weeks ago if we wanted to, instead we’ve given him time in pre-season to impress as he’s a professional guy who won’t do something to reflect poorly on himself and if anything cementing the value even more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

And if we do now stump up what Burnley want he's missed a vital pre season 'on the grass' with Liam.

I think the reason Manning is set on him is because Twine already knows what's required. There wouldn't be a bedding in period while we wait for him to get up yo speed tactically.

Which there would be if we have to buy a player who Manning hasn't coached before.

A quality no.10 is the key signing to improving our attacking play, so we need to get this one right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

I was fed poorly that info.

Mainly to do with the fact he was training at HPC, in the new season kit which my mate spotted.

This saga is a pisstake realistically, and, it is changing day by day.

Its hard to keep everyone happy. Ive said it before and again, im saying what ive been told.

Bcfcshags at the root of a lot of those early summer rumours!  Some right, some wrong.

Think some of us are losing the plot over Twine.  If he comes I will be pleased.  But he is not the standout star some think he is.  He is on his day a quality Championship player but not the player that will guide us to promotion.  Let’s keep some perspective.  Really hope we have at least one other player in view, and, crucially, are prepared to stump up real cash, although the deal for Armstrong indicates we do have cash because it is surely a lot to potentially fork out on an striker yet to find the net consistently

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Think some of us are losing the plot over Twine.  If he comes I will be pleased.  But he is not the standout star some think he is.  He is on his day a quality Championship player but not the player that will guide us to promotion.  Let’s keep some perspective.  Really hope we have at least one other player in view, and, crucially, are prepared to stump up real cash, although the deal for Armstrong indicates we do have cash because it is surely a lot to potentially fork out on an striker yet to find the net consistently

How much do you think we have “forked out” for Armstrong?

Significantly less than Burnley will accept for Twine, I reckon.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Sorry Ska, it was a tongue in cheek post that I think went over his head. 

I agree with what you say though. I always use the analogy of how you would speak to someone at the pub face to face. 

It’s easy to be abuse when you’re faceless though, right. 

Imagine how much different this place would be if you had to use your real name and a picture of you as an avatar.  It would fix the keyboard warriors. 

No apology required Sir and it wasn't aimed at you.

Considering we, or the majority, support the same side, its not great to see personal abuse rather than courteous debate.

The 'real name' stuff, I tend to agree. 👍

I think you'll probably find that the esteemed management of our club have put all of their eggs in one basket, lavishly wrapped up in Twine and can't understand why his parent club won't take half of their valuation in payment for him. There is no plan "B" never has been, only plan "doh"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, fly in the air said:

if we get a no 10 Twine or someone else do fans think we have enough to challenge at the top end of the leaque. if not what do we need.

Our signings all fit in to the “ potential “ category, if they all hit the ground running, then a top six challenge is on , if not I’m sure we have enough to maintain our mid table dominance. Just have to wait and see.

As to Twine , we want to buy him , he is happy to come here and Burnley want to get rid. If all that is true what is happening now is simply price negotiation with a bit of brinkmanship. My prediction, , we will get him, but probably in a week or two. Patience is a virtue 😇

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

As to Twine , we want to buy him ✅ , he is happy to come here ✅ and Burnley want to get rid ❌. If all that is true what is happening now is simply price negotiation with a bit of brinkmanship. My prediction, , we will get him, but probably in a week or two. Patience is a virtue 😇

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Re the ❌ I imagine Burnley are fairly ambivalent if their valuation is reached.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

According to reports £2.5m rising to £3.5.

I believe from earlier reports City were thinking in region of £4m for Twine.  He will now be significantly more.  Worth it if day it goes to £7m.  Not imo.  We could do better with that scale of money

• Confused 1

theres more to it than just how good twine is re goals etc. it is who manning wants to build his team around.  imagine dads army without captain manwaring, it would be pretty crap wouldnt it, same as Nige building his team around Matty James, i dont know how much we paid for him but if thats the man the manager wants at the heart of his plans,doesnt it make sense to pay a bit more for that? why scupper the managers plans for the sake of £1m. weve wasted loads more than that in the past 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

According to reports £2.5m rising to £3.5.

I believe from earlier reports City were thinking in region of £4m for Twine.  He will now be significantly more.  Worth it if day it goes to £7m.  Not imo.  We could do better with that scale of money

I think it’s somewhere in the region of £1.75m upfront, rising to £2.5m for Armstrong.

As for Twine - I reckon we’ve probably offered a similar amount at this stage….that’s not to say that we won’t offer higher (c.£3m) in the end…..time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

I think you'll probably find that the esteemed management of our club have put all of their eggs in one basket, lavishly wrapped up in Twine and can't understand why his parent club won't take half of their valuation in payment for him. There is no plan "B" never has been, only plan "doh"

Or alternatively we have had several bids turned down and the club are looking elsewhere.

• Admin
4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

....and significantly less than we would accept for TC.

20 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

How many pages before he either signs, or we pull out.

Prediction - 87

Hope it’s sooner rather than later, it’s getting ridiculous how long the club is running this one, if we start the season with Knight in the 10 when we know full well he is better in the 8 because we’ve chased a player blindly for 3 months is unforgivable 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Hope it’s sooner rather than later, it’s getting ridiculous how long the club is running this one, if we start the season with Knight in the 10 when we know full well he is better in the 8 because we’ve chased a player blindly for 3 months is unforgivable 

I have to say I’m not convinced Twine is all that but if we don’t get him I won’t be overly disappointed.

but I’d be trying Anis in the 10 role in the friendlies and seeing how he does.

Ive been critical of Mehmeti in the past playing wide but I just have a feeling that coming central may work.

He’s not the quickest and his defensive awareness is wanting so that’s an issue when he plays wide so a move central would negate those weaknesses I think 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I have to say I’m not convinced Twine is all that but if we don’t get him I won’t be overly disappointed.

Ive been critical of Mehmeti in the past playing wide but I just have a feeling that coming central may work.

He’s not the quickest and his defensive awareness is wanting so that’s an issue when he plays wide so a move central would negate those weaknesses I think 

Can go either way from central, and half a yard central can be enough to get shots off.  We saw v Leicester that going onto his left is an option.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Can go either way from central, and half a yard central can be enough to get shots off.  We saw v Leicester that going onto his left is an option.

I just think if he can get into pockets he has the ability to make a bit of space and get a shot off on his right or left foot 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Huge fan of Anis tbf (I know a lot aren’t). I really think he could explode at Championship level once he gets to grips with it. He has all the tools and I think he is well suited to that 10 position

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I just think if he can get into pockets he has the ability to make a bit of space and get a shot off on his right or left foot 

Yep, he’s got something.  A little mental boost of not thinking he’s gonna be second fiddle might help too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Huge fan of Anis tbf (I know a lot aren’t). I really think he could explode at Championship level once he gets to grips with it. He has all the tools and I think he is well suited to that 10 position

Yes I’ll happily admit that I’ve found him very frustrating and usually lacking out wide, but I’ve just got this feeling that in a 10 role he could be lively 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, he’s got something.  A little mental boost of not thinking he’s gonna be second fiddle might help too.

And also seeing his compatriots compete so well at the Euros.

He didn’t make the squad but I bet he wants to be involved in WC qualification 

18 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Mehmeti was playing in the dual 10 position with Twine towards the end of last season and did well there. In fact, he looked one of our more dangerous players at times. He occasionally played in a more central role for Wycombe too. 

I'd have no hesitations about using Mehmeti in the 10 position going forward, although I still think we need a slightly more polished and reliable performer to come in (Twine or someone else).

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Whilst we're on Mehmeti, I understand that he also set the best time among both the City squad and the Bears squad in the main pre season fitness test.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/anis-mehmeti-sets-early-marker-9375624

He wants back in the Albanian squad and I reckon he’s working hard to achieve.

Hes a motivated man I reckon 

11 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Regardless of Parkers view? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Whilst some of you may live in fantasy land and want to believe Twine is desperate to come here because its closer to home and because of Manning, the reality is Twines preference is to impress Parker and be an integral part of thr Burnley squad this coming season. 

Let's not pretend otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst some of you may live in fantasy land and want to believe Twine is desperate to come here because its closer to home and because of Manning, the reality is Twines preference is to impress Parker and be an integral part of thr Burnley squad this coming season. 

Preference might be too strong a word but you are right in the sense that coming to us would likely be a pay cut as well as Burnley having a far greater chance of promotion and therefore him getting a 2nd crack at the prem and all that brings. 

FWIW I believe he’ll come to us in the end, Parker probably rightly wants a week or two to assess the squad and make a decision, if he wants to keep him then Twine doesn’t seem the kind of person to force the issue via a transfer request 

7 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Whilst we're on Mehmeti, I understand that he also set the best time among both the City squad and the Bears squad in the main pre season fitness test.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/anis-mehmeti-sets-early-marker-9375624

This is his chance now at this level, if he doesn’t demonstrate he can push on he needs to head back to League One. 

• Hmmm 1

At the moment Mehmeti feels like a winger or inside forward - not a number 10. Mehmeti’s first thought when he gets the ball is “what can I do myself” and if nothing on to look for someone else.

A good number 10 already knows what he is going to do before he gets the ball - and 9 times out of 10 that’s a pass not a dribble. 

I think Mehmeti has got some development to do before he is Top 10 Championship number 10.

Still a good a wide man though who is skillful, unpredictable and therefore dangerous.

9 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

A 10 predominantly is the playmaker and dictates play as well as creating and playing in others

Mehmeti is nowhere near capable of doing that role in my opinion, he’s still yet to master the wide left role 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

A 10 predominantly is the playmaker and dictates play as well as creating and playing in others

Mehmeti is nowhere near capable of doing that role in my opinion, he’s still yet to master the wide left role 

Yeah agree, I think Anis is technically a very good player but isn’t the most intelligent footballer. He needs to progress from being a “playground” footballer for me.

Fact is that you need somebody in that 10 role with really good football intelligence that can see “pictures”. That isn’t Anis.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

pay what they want. if not willing to do so move on and forget about him. it's like a soap. becoming a farce.

It's only a farce amongst fans reacting to rumours

I think the club have done nothing wrong here, it's the fans!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

55 minutes ago, INCRED said:

A no10 can be whatever you want it to be!

It can be a visionary passer like Twine, it can be a third-man runner like Weimann was in WSM, it can be a tricky dribbler, etc

I agree that Mehmeti is unlikely to tick the visionary passer box, but positionally he can play a different role and be effective for a team-system.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A no10 can be whatever you want it to be!

It can be a visionary passer like Twine, it can be a third-man runner like Weimann was in WSM, it can be a tricky dribbler, etc

I agree that Mehmeti is unlikely to tick the visionary passer box, but positionally he can play a different role and be effective for a team-system.

The goal he scored against Leicester last season was a demonstration for me of what he has the potential to do, finding space on the edge of the area in the manner he did.

His general decision making though is still in my eyes lacking. You can see why Pearson described him as a "Maverick", in that I don't think he knows what he's doing at times. A circumstance I think of him being in Essex Senior League as little as 4 years ago with Woodford Town after being released by Norwich at Under 18 level.

I think putting him at 10, still feel feels like a proverbial square peg in a round hole, a bit like Bell at number 9.

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The goal he scored against Leicester last season was a demonstration for me of what he has the potential to do, finding space on the edge of the area in the manner he did.

His general decision making though is still in my eyes lacking. You can see why Pearson described him as a "Maverick", in that I don't think he knows what he's doing at times. A circumstance I think of him being in Essex Senior League as little as 4 years ago with Woodford Town after being released by Norwich at Under 18 level.

I think putting him at 10, still feel feels like a proverbial square peg in a round hole, a bit like Bell at number 9.

Well LM has certainly got previous for that so looking forward to Anis in the 10 role on opening day 😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

ST won’t be an integral part of Burnley’s squad this season… his performances away from the club last season would have done nothing or little to push him up the pecking order regardless of the now new manager.. it would be fantasy land for him or anyone else to think or pretend otherwise. He’ll be sold or loaned out again. 

27 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Putting some + spin on it, it could be the making of him.  The option to go left or right for a shot, rather than left or right for a cross (coming from left) might see more end product.

I’d certainly be trialling it in the preseason games.

As we know he’s the fittest lad in the group, could really help the press too…needs work on his blocking / pressing intelligence though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FNQ said:

ST won’t be an integral part of Burnley’s squad this season… his performances away from the club last season would have done nothing or little to push him up the pecking order regardless of the now new manager.. it would be fantasy land for him or anyone else to think or pretend otherwise. He’ll be sold or loaned out again. 

It matters not what he did for Rosenior at Hull or Manning at City, nor Kompany before that….he’s effectively got a fresh start under Parker.

Its not fantasy land to think Parker might see him playing a decent role for him this season.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Again, it feels like it needs pointing out, but the majority of his career has been played in the Championship. Getting to grips with it surely should've happened by now. 

The flip side, of course, is Zak and that shows how it can just click suddenly despite not looking like he could play at this level. Obviously I'm hoping he follows Zak's lead, but this "getting to grips" with the Championship is nonsense imo.

As for Twine. It may just be me but this all makes it feel like the Tomlin (and by extension Dinning) signing all over again. With the exception that ST didn't pull up anywhere near as many trees in his loan spell as the other two did.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It matters not what he did for Rosenior at Hull or Manning at City, nor Kompany before that….he’s effectively got a fresh start under Parker.

Its not fantasy land to think Parker might see him playing a decent role for him this season.

I guess we’ll know sooner or later… but if we’d had coughed up the money they would have sold him. Do you honestly believe ST will be at Burnley at the start of the season?

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

I guess we’ll know sooner or later… but if we’d had coughed up the money they would have sold him. Do you honestly believe ST will be at Burnley at the start of the season?

Yes I can see him being in Burnleys first team come start of the season. New Manager experienced championship player that they don't have to buy or sale.

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

I don’t think he will be there and Parker may want a different player in a different position - who knows 

If we want a 10 then we should be looking at others now and sounding out player agents/clubs. Burnley May have given us an ultimatum on Twine?

11 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I don’t think he will be there and Parker may want a different player in a different position - who knows 

If we want a 10 then we should be looking at others now and sounding out player agents/clubs. Burnley May have given us an ultimatum on Twine?

The ultimatum is likely to have been “Don’t call us again unless you have an alternate offer - and one that now reflects the new boss quite likes the player”

It’s been mooted on here we’ve just made the same (below Burnley’s valuation) offer several times and hoped they’d bend. That may have worked if a) The player was in the last year of his deal (Tommy Conway says hi), b) The selling club needed to sell (parachute payments say hi) or c) We hadn’t indicated a desperation bordering on stalking to sign the player (Tinnion and Manning say hi).

If you were Burnley, with all that considered, I’d humbly suggest you’d stop taking our calls until we’d proven we were serious.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The ultimatum is likely to have been “Don’t call us again unless you have an alternate offer - and one that now reflects the new boss quite likes the player”

It’s been mooted on here we’ve just made the same (below Burnley’s valuation) offer several times and hoped they’d bend. That may have worked if a) The player was in the last year of his deal (Tommy Conway says hi), b) The selling club needed to sell (parachute payments say hi) or c) We hadn’t indicated a desperation bordering on stalking to sign the player (Tinnion and Manning say hi).

If you were Burnley, with all that considered, I’d humbly suggest you’d stop taking our calls until we’d proven we were serious.

Mooted on here is not fact we don’t really know do we ? Just because people on here don’t think much of Tinnion they think everything the club do is ridiculous ( like making the same offer numerous times) but we have already pulled off three decent signings so far , let’s see what happens 

On the same track I do believe we have a plan B , everyone will have, we really have no idea what’s actually going on but the club will know if there is a realistic chance of this , if so they will keep pushing, if not they will look at the options 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Yep.

The beauty of being a PL / Champ yo-yo team.  You can wait until you get your valuation, especially for a player with 2 years left on his contract, who could be part of your squad.  And then go and bully some other team into selling you a replacement.

I dunno whether he’ll still be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Mooted on here is not fact we don’t really know do we ? Just because people on here don’t think much of Tinnion they think everything the club do is ridiculous ( like making the same offer numerous times) but we have already pulled off three decent signings so far , let’s see what happens 

On the same track I do believe we have a plan B , everyone will have, we really have no idea what’s actually going on but the club will know if there is a realistic chance of this , if so they will keep pushing, if not they will look at the options 

Some people do know. It’d be hugely naive to think there wasn’t some genuine info on here and it’s just where you look.

What can be said - without doubt - is that we were in contact with Burnley in January and the summer and will have known Twines price. We can also be sure that they’d have sold even with no manager in place (Peacock-Farrell). So, it’s perfectly reasonable to state that we’ve not met the asking price and have waited for them to bend.

Thats not even conjecture.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

My view of Tinnion has nothing to do with whether I believe the person who told me about the fee and the repetition of it…bearing in mind who he is.

I also believe we have a Plan B.  See, not everything is a Tinnion bashing, depends on whether you can divorce these things in your head.  If you can’t you’ll think everything is a conspiracy against him

The big question re Plan B is when City invoke it.  They may have already.  They seem to have put the anchor down on the Twine amount, so I can only imagine they’re working on other alternatives now…and therefore Plan B is in full swing.

Waiting for the City ITKers to start naming some players…please (and thank you).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Time will tell if those signings are decent…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.

The beauty of being a PL / Champ yo-yo team.  You can wait until you get your valuation, especially for a player with 2 years left on his contract, who could be part of your squad.  And then go and bully some other team into selling you a replacement.

I dunno whether he’ll still be there.

Re the last bit, as I posted yesterday Burnley currently have 39 senior professionals & so Parker will have to decide over the next few weeks who is in the frame to stay & who departs.

Some are obvious (Wout Wieghorst has been on loan to some big sides for the last 2 years & clearly isn’t sticking around to play Championship football) others like Han Massengo are probably on the list to leave, but might take longer to fix up.

My hunch is Twine is probably in a group that he’s not made his mind up on yet, question is how long we are prepared to wait to find this out, I’d say we would need to have moved on from him before we face Hull in just under 3 weeks.

• Like 2