IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Re the last bit, as I posted yesterday Burnley currently have 39 senior professionals & so Parker will have to decide over the next few weeks who is in the frame to stay & who departs.

Some are obvious (Wout Wieghorst has been on loan to some big sides for the last 2 years & clearly isn’t sticking around to play Championship football) others like Han Massengo are probably on the list to leave, but might take longer to fix up.

My hunch is Twine is probably in a group that he’s not made his mind up on yet, question is how long we are prepared to wait to find this out, I’d say we would need to have moved on from him before we face Hull in just under 3 weeks.

I think we should’ve moved on already, but that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we should’ve moved on already, but that’s just me.

I agree to an extent because I fear we will lose out on other targets whilst we are waiting for something to change and obviously no guarantee of that happening. However, I do like the idea of whoever comes in to play the 10 is championship ready as I fear the other 3 we have signed are somewhat gambles. I don’t want this 10 signing to be another punt like the 3 we have currently signed

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

I agree to an extent because I fear we will lose out on other targets whilst we are waiting for something to change and obviously no guarantee of that happening. However, I do like the idea of whoever comes in to play the 10 is championship ready as I fear the other 3 we have signed are somewhat gambles. I don’t want this 10 signing to be another punt like the 3 we have currently signed

I fear you may be disappointed. What seems clear is that we are not shopping at that level. We are unwilling or unable to pay the going rate for that level of player. Whether or not we think the amount is value for money or not. The market is where it is. Look at what Coventry had to pay for a near equivalent player this summer in Jack Rudoni

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My view of Tinnion has nothing to do with whether I believe the person who told me about the fee and the repetition of it…bearing in mind who he is.

I also believe we have a Plan B.  See, not everything is a Tinnion bashing, depends on whether you can divorce these things in your head.  If you can’t you’ll think everything is a conspiracy against him

The big question re Plan B is when City invoke it.  They may have already.  They seem to have put the anchor down on the Twine amount, so I can only imagine they’re working on other alternatives now…and therefore Plan B is in full swing.

Waiting for the City ITKers to start naming some players…please (and thank you).

Really don’t think everything is Tinnion bashing , can never really see why on earth he was promoted into the position tbh, I guess it just bugs me that we can’t move on at all on the subject ( not you ) lots of his uttering do my head in but also it’s interesting to have some insight on what’s going on, we now have three of the the four that were talked about , as said the club will know where the Twine things going and will move on if not on 

Is there any proof we are still looking at him? You’d hope we’d have moved on by now. And while I like him I think the Rotherham performance has clouded some people’s judgement on him. He was injured for a large part and didn’t contribute enough to suggest a big fee is warranted IMO. 

• Like 1

Either pay up and back Manning for the player he wants or it's time to move on We would all like Twine here but we are leaving it late to get in a replacement if Burnley want to keep him  We need a number 10 in now to intergrate with the team , club and surroundings

Okay I can't vouch for the veracity of the Stats and they can be spun in any way...

Screenshot_20240722-180945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1708ea9260da8e0d7502c69365f028de.jpg

What do we think? Saw this in an article and can only assume they were sourced correctly.

Elements of them are quite encouraging, elements of them Idk. He is 24 and knows Manning well though.

2 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Are there stats where he’s played & we’ve won / lost the match? 

Am I right in thinking that Matty James made the biggest difference in terms of matches played and points averaged?

1 minute ago, Nugget said:

Are there stats where he’s played & we’ve won / lost the match? 

Yes & they’re contained in this thread & also very easy to search..

We won 4, drew 4 & lost 2 of his 10 games.

Don’t think it proves anything.

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay I can't vouch for the veracity of the Stats and they can be spun in any way...

Screenshot_20240722-180945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1708ea9260da8e0d7502c69365f028de.jpg

What do we think? Saw this in an article and can only assume they were sourced correctly.

Elements of them are quite encouraging, elements of them Idk. He is 24 and knows Manning well though.

Go and check FBRef yourself Mr P, then you can post your view with confidence.  It’s free.

The other thing is deciding whether each stat is good or not.  FBRef will give you some bar charts as to where he stands against his peers…using the same method as my vizzes (percent ranks).

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes & they’re contained in this thread & also very easy to search..

We won 4, drew 4 & lost 2 of his 10 games.

Don’t think it proves anything.

80% of the games he’s played we didn’t lose is not much to go by but something, cheers, I couldn’t be arsed to search 😂

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Nugget said:

80% of the games he’s played we didn’t lose is not much to go by but something, cheers, I couldn’t be arsed to search 😂

Being really geeky (who? Me?) in the game he played, we actually performed better with him off the pitch than on it!  But it’s a niche fact…and open to interpreting game state affect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Huge fan of Anis tbf (I know a lot aren’t). I really think he could explode at Championship level once he gets to grips with it. He has all the tools and I think he is well suited to that 10 position

Yeah. Bye bye Burnley , Burnley bye bye. 
:whistle2:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, westonred said:

Either pay up and back Manning for the player he wants or it's time to move on We would all like Twine here but we are leaving it late to get in a replacement if Burnley want to keep him  We need a number 10 in now to intergrate with the team , club and surroundings

Not sure you can say that WE all would like Twine here.

I’m not too bothered either way as I’ve got to say I wasn’t so impressed during his loan spell last season that I would want to spend what is a significant amount on him.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Anyone of the itk'er heard anything more on this? Are we still pursuing? I feel this topic just goes hot and cold, can't see it happening otherwise surely would of been done by now 

• Thanks 1

I think it's difficult to judge Twine on his loan spell as it was interrupted by injury. Clearly he and Manning have an affinity. In Armstrong and Mayulu we've bought players with pace and height, both of whom complement Twines playmaking. The question in regards to Armstrong would be whether he has the football iq to benefit from playing with Twine. Given the alternative would likely be a punt from another league I think its a lower risk if Twine signs than we look elsewhere. 

On Anis, as he came into the professional game a little late I think it's reasonable to expect him to have some progression left and he's got a good work ethic. His main challenge was that his decision making was infuriating at times. 

• Like 1

Both the management and owners of both clubs have agreed a season long loan deal for ST

Its down to the two managers Parker and Manning to agree this 

Parker has been very impressed with ST pre season but with a squad of 36 players some must go

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

11 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Both the management and owners of both clubs have agreed a season long loan deal for ST

Parker has been very impressed with ST pre season but with a squad of 36 players some must go

Hopefully this is true 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Is there any proof we are still looking at him? You’d hope we’d have moved on by now. And while I like him I think the Rotherham performance has clouded some people’s judgement on him. He was injured for a large part and didn’t contribute enough to suggest a big fee is warranted IMO. 

I think the Rotherham thing is relevant though. Those are the teams we generally struggle with breaking down. Thinking Birmingham away too. Where the performance isn’t great in an attacking sense but his corners or free kicks can be a real asset. Turning a point into 3. 

I highly doubt he’d be the best value for money. However, he’s already been here so getting in late is okay. The manager and he seem to have a good understanding. I think it would really cap off the window in a good way to get him in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

You’ve passed the non-WUM test (Over 10,000 posts) so I believe you

What’s the issue with getting Twine to AG? Is it just the fee?

He apparently wants to join us having worked with Manning previously and LM would like to recruit him. Burnley are top heavy with a substantial amount of players on the payroll and will need to reduce costs. 

Ian Gay has supposedly said that Twine will sign on the last day of the window………:cool2:

6 minutes ago, Slack said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is non-WUM? or Wum mean?😅

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

He apparently wants to join us having worked with Manning previously and LM would like to recruit him. Burnley are top heavy with a substantial amount of players on the payroll and will need to reduce costs. 

Ian Gay has supposedly said that Twine will sign on the last day of the window………:cool2:

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Parachute Payments may offset some of their need to offload, and Parker may see Twine as a decent and perhaps regular option this coming season.

However I expect if we pay the fee then the move pushes through.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Hope this is reliable info 🤞🏼

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Four reasons why Burnley might not let Twine go:

Burnley also have money. Even if they let Twine leave, they WILL have someone lined up who is arguably better to replace him, with a 30k pw contract sat there ready to be signed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Burnley also have money. Even if they let Twine leave, they WILL have someone lined up who is arguably better to replace him, with a 30k pw contract sat there ready to be signed

My argument all along.  They aren’t desperate to sell, and if they do, their recruitment team will just move into action on the next one.

2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Give me til the morning and ill have some info on this, gents

you are a kind person sharing what you are being told after some of the shite thrown at you recently:clap:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

It’s morning and we are waiting….

Just kidding.

• Haha 1

Good morning all. As emerged last night, us and the Burnley board have reached a ‘Gentleman's Agreement’ for the transfer of Scott Twine.

Its a straight loan, no idea if there will be a buy option, release clause, etc.

Now, being said, this deal depends on one factor, Scott Parker still needs to approve.

As i mentioned a few days ago, Parker really likes him and he did score a hattrick against (give or take) Barnsley.

So essentially, its down to Parker. Twine is wanting the move, as he has since day one of our interest - but never has he become unsettled or asked to leave Burnley, worst comes to worst has happy to stay and fight for a place.

Ched x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, petehinton said:

Thanks for sharing mate, but ffs not another verbal agreement sorted by Tinnion that is largely totally worthless 😩🤣

Thats all it is at the moment. Thats the issue. 

Burnleys board may end up taking the decision out of Parkers hands, as they do need to shorten the squad from 36.

May still happen regardless of if Parker wants to keep him, but ATM, that is the decisive factor

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Thank you for the information however it sounds like there’s still a way to go

Yes mate, absolutely.

This is the problem however, the longer we sit and wait, more time wasted when we could have gone after other targets  

• Like 2

it does appear there could be movement on this deal. for me why not a straight sale or a option to buy. Burnley you would think will get promoted so if they don't want him in the championship no chance of wanting him in the premiership. does that make sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, if it is a straight loan and we have no buy clause (and therefore no value to us at the end of the season), I trust everyone will be happy if we immediately place Scott Twine in the U21 squad and don’t let him liaise with the first team.

Sorry SD, but I see zero correlation between that scenario and Conway's. For a start we don't know what the post loan agreement is, whatever it is, it isn't down to the player. Also it will be for Twine to put in performances that might encourage us to make the move permanent, whereas the Management team would be worried that Conway would be looking to avoid injury and playing within himself.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry SD, but I see zero correlation between that scenario and Conway's. For a start we don't know what the post loan agreement is, whatever it is, it isn't down to the player. Also it will be for Twine to put in performances that might encourage us to make the move permanent, whereas the Management team would be worried that Conway would be looking to avoid injury and playing within himself.

Twine also wants to be here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, if it is a straight loan and we have no buy clause (and therefore no value to us at the end of the season), I trust everyone will be happy if we immediately place Scott Twine in the U21 squad and don’t let him liaise with the first team.

The plan this year is to win the u21 league, with Twine & Tommy, we'll be unbeatable. *

* for avoidance of doubt this is a joke. I'm relatively happy with a season long loan as long as ££'s make sense. At the end of the loan he'll have 12 months less on his contract so should be more affordable if that's what all parties want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It was a joke mate…irony can be lost in text 😂

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

The plan this year is to win the u21 league, with Twine & Tommy, we'll be unbeatable. *

* for avoidance of doubt this is a joke. I'm relatively happy with a season long loan as long as ££'s make sense. At the end of the loan he'll have 12 months less on his contract so should be more affordable if that's what all parties want.

.....and without knowing off-hand the contract expiry dates of our squad (bar Conway and Wells), if we got the other recruitment right this Summer we can have an even more focused use of budget next Summer.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I'd be frustrated if it's just a loan (no option to buy etc), but let's see what actually happens before being too critical.

You really haven't got the hang of OTIB have you? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

• Admin
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I'd be frustrated if it's just a loan (no option to buy etc), but let's see what actually happens before being too critical.

A permanent at the right fee would be preferable but there's something to be said for Manning now having exactly what he asked for this season and if it can help push us up to say just outside the play-offs, we might find next year we don't miss out to the likes of Schalke on our number 1 target. If the outside impression is that we are getting closer to that promotion, our targets may feel we are a good route to them making it to the PL themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, Ian M said:

A permanent at the right fee would be preferable but there's something to be said for Manning now having exactly what he asked for this season and if it can help push us up to say just outside the play-offs, we might find next year we don't miss out to the likes of Schalke on our number 1 target. If the outside impression is that we are getting closer to that promotion, our targets may feel we are a good route to them making it to the PL themselves.

If there was a deal for Conway or A N Other in January, we might be able to do a deal like we did with TGH? 

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ah and replies don't allow for the fact that you have just woken up. :)

True! 

But there is also a serious point and an underlying concern. You won’t find any argument from me that a player who wants to be here will prima facie put more in than one who wants away (and for avoidance of doubt I don’t see the Conway/Twine scenarios as comparable).

The “but” there, and it is a fair “but” is that you stated it will be to Scott to put performances in to encourage us to make the move permanent. He didn’t in his loan spell last season, yet here we are. Even his most ardent supporters admit the spell was patchy (ranging from a great performance against Rotherham to one where he hid against Huddersfield), and I think Fevs put some stats on that showed we were better without him on the pitch (put your facing a pie chucked after Curtly Ambrose analogy here). It wasn’t a spell that justified chasing the player for the following season.

There has been a lot of concern in the past about us being a cosy club, and to be fair, those who support the Conway action do so to move away from that. There is a big question mark as to whether this deal is the other side of those scales - Liam was signing Scott come what may and from Scott’s viewpoint, he’s going to a club where he knows he can perform indifferently and the coach still highly rates/plays him.

Im glad we’re not doing a permanent deal. But make no mistake it will be a big loan fee, and I only hope we don’t pedestal the player unnecessarily as we did last season and any future permanent deal is done on merit and not because of a blind spot.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Good morning all. As emerged last night, us and the Burnley board have reached a ‘Gentleman's Agreement’ for the transfer of Scott Twine.

Its a straight loan, no idea if there will be a buy option, release clause, etc.

Now, being said, this deal depends on one factor, Scott Parker still needs to approve.

As i mentioned a few days ago, Parker really likes him and he did score a hattrick against (give or take) Barnsley.

So essentially, its down to Parker. Twine is wanting the move, as he has since day one of our interest - but never has he become unsettled or asked to leave Burnley, worst comes to worst has happy to stay and fight for a place.

Ched x

Understand all this and thanks for the info, surely we will need to have a date in our minds where if Parker hasn’t decided by we will move on? And I would hope that is imminent seeing as the season isn’t that far away

• Like 1