IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

How an earth can you spread conway to Bernardo silva and ilkay gun gundogan 😂

Because the comparison is that those two players made it clear they would not sign a new contract and would leave at the end of their contracts. 

The best manager in the world didn't banish those players to the 21s because he knew despite their desire to leave, they were an asset to the 1st team. Man City wouldn't have won the treble had they banished Gundogan to the 21s. 

Banishing Tommy to the 21s isn't a footballing decision. It's done because the club are annoyed that by him not signing a new contract we will not be able to get some decent money for him in the future. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KegCity said:

"[Conway] gave the indication he wants to move on, he doesn't want to re-sign and stay."

Perhaps he might have stayed if the club hadn't changed the amount he was first offered. 

Would you want to stay with an employer who offered you Y then later reneged on the deal and only offered you X. Then for the next 9 months failed to utilise your skill set correctly.

Then as your contract wound down told you to sit in the canteen for the next 12 months.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

But Pep wanted to keep both and wanted them to extend their contracts. Nothing to do with fees. He didn't act like a kid and make them train with the U21's for a season as punishment for wanting to leave. 

The biggest difference is Man City don't need the money from the sales of those players, for us we either to push through selling Conway this summer or he walks for next to nothing next summer and we miss out on a sizeable fee that would help the club massively. FWIW I doubt Conway would be a troublemaker even if he was still training with the senior squad but can understand the clubs position on it.

4 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The biggest difference is Man City don't need the money from the sales of those players

They do.  Obviously on a hugely different level but all Prem clubs still have boundaries within which they need to manage their finances. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2024 at 06:08, SDBS36 said:

Came on here for an update on Twine to find out it turned into all about TC can’t we move these comments and merge 

Why do we have separate threads for diff ent subjects, just seems a waste of time, might as well just merge them all

Conway thread? Twine thread? Who knows.

Either way, having contemplated the ifs, this is what I’d see as the situation:

- There is no suggestion that Tommys being unprofessional. People can argue with his decision not to sign and that’s fine, but Liam has said that the relationship is still good and there is no falling out. I think on that basis that he’s “not on the bus” is wide of the mark

- At this stage, we know Conway doesn’t have another club sorted (in part because of what seems to be an above market fee expectation. He’s sensible enough to know that although valuable, he’s not a sure thing. So there is even an argument he’s even more “on the bus” as the better he does, the better his future options.

- I’d see that Conways preference would be to see his contract out and then sign elsewhere. That may have been different had we handled things differently but the issue is right now that no clubs appear to have made offers at our asking price, I don’t think he’s necessarily a starter at top six/prem either and moving would probably see him as a reserve again but on more money - and if he was solely motivated by that he’d have signed the contract.

- I do understand the clubs decision not to play him and put Fally/Sincs in instead in view of a likely sale, but I’m still of the mind that making him persona non grata is unwise as it further creates bad feeling, reduces value and causes issues  if we do need him before the end of his deal. If you look at yesterday, even if he’d have been playing against WSM scouts could have watched him in person (not 30-40 times, granted) and seen where he was. That we appear to be even removing that option seems an act of self harm.

- I don’t see us selling him this summer. We’d need to move what we want towards the market and the action we’ve taken says we’re not in that space thus far. 

I think the most likely outcome here is that despite the noises he comes back into the squad in August and ends up elsewhere in the January window, as at that point either our real desperation to sell will lead to us accepting a lower fee, or Tommy has serious interest having done well in H1 and the market moves and pays a premium to avoid losing out in the summer (a la Bird)

Either way, I think bridges are burnt too much to resolve the contract scenario.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Conway thread? Twine thread? Who knows.

Either way, having contemplated the ifs, this is what I’d see as the situation:

- There is no suggestion that Tommys being unprofessional. People can argue with his decision not to sign and that’s fine, but Liam has said that the relationship is still good and there is no falling out. I think on that basis that he’s “not on the bus” is wide of the mark

- At this stage, we know Conway doesn’t have another club sorted (in part because of what seems to be an above market fee expectation. He’s sensible enough to know that although valuable, he’s not a sure thing. So there is even an argument he’s even more “on the bus” as the better he does, the better his future options.

- I’d see that Conways preference would be to see his contract out and then sign elsewhere. That may have been different had we handled things differently but the issue is right now that no clubs appear to have made offers at our asking price, I don’t think he’s necessarily a starter at top six/prem either and moving would probably see him as a reserve again but on more money - and if he was solely motivated by that he’d have signed the contract.

- I do understand the clubs decision not to play him and put Fally/Sincs in instead in view of a likely sale, but I’m still of the mind that making him persona non grata is unwise as it further creates bad feeling, reduces value and causes issues  if we do need him before the end of his deal. If you look at yesterday, even if he’d have been playing against WSM scouts could have watched him in person (not 30-40 times, granted) and seen where he was. That we appear to be even removing that option seems an act of self harm.

- I don’t see us selling him this summer. We’d need to move what we want towards the market and the action we’ve taken says we’re not in that space thus far. 

I think the most likely outcome here is that despite the noises he comes back into the squad in August and ends up elsewhere in the January window, as at that point either our real desperation to sell will lead to us accepting a lower fee, or Tommy has serious interest having done well in H1 and the market moves and pays a premium to avoid losing out in the summer (a la Bird)

Either way, I think bridges are burnt too much to resolve the contract scenario.

I think the club expect to “get rid” of him this window.  They’ve signed Sinclair Armstrong as the squad place replacement for him.  They’ve told us they want to too.

A lot of fans placing emphasis on Danny Coles to find him a club.

I think there’s just as much if not more pressure on City to find a buyer tbh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- I do understand the clubs decision not to play him and put Fally/Sincs in instead in view of a likely sale, but I’m still of the mind that making him persona non grata is unwise as it further creates bad feeling, reduces value and causes issues if we do need him before the end of his deal. 

Think of Semenyo. He was on fire when he knew a world cup place was up for grabs and when Bournemouth were scouting him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because the comparison is that those two players made it clear they would not sign a new contract and would leave at the end of their contracts. 

The best manager in the world didn't banish those players to the 21s because he knew despite their desire to leave, they were an asset to the 1st team. Man City wouldn't have won the treble had they banished Gundogan to the 21s. 

Banishing Tommy to the 21s isn't a footballing decision. It's done because the club are annoyed that by him not signing a new contract we will not be able to get some decent money for him in the future. 

Pep didn’t know Gundogan was going to leave until May when he turnt down their final contract offer? 

If Gundagon was definitely set on leaving before that he would’ve signed a pre contract within the last 6 months of his deal, which he didn’t. 

They were in discussions over a new one throughout his last season. Very different the Conway situation where he’s made it clear no matter the terms he/his agent won’t extend his time with us beyond his final year. 

Edit: Though this was the Conway thread as that’s all that was being mentioned my bad. 

Edited by George Rs

20 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Why do we have separate threads for diff ent subjects, just seems a waste of time, might as well just merge them all

I think they've become inter Twine ed.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the club expect to “get rid” of him this window.  They’ve signed Sinclair Armstrong as the squad place replacement for him.  They’ve told us they want to too.

Our desperation to get rid has seen a significant depreciation in his value in my opinion. 

OK this is slightly different because Twine has a longer contract, but Burnley aren't desperate to get rid. They don't need the money. They may actually like to keep him. Despite what others have said I dont think he is desperate to leave. So they are happy to stick with their valuation. We either pay that valuation or we don't. 

With Conway clubs know that we want rid of him and that we want to get as much as we can for him but as every day passes of this window are desperation becomes more intense and eventually that will lead to us lowering our demands. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh I think they absolutely expect to get rid. But I could say to you I expect to sell my house, and it’s worth (say) £500k. If I ask £750k for it, I’m not selling that house. And if I’m desperate to sell to avoid repossession, then I’m probably not getting the £500k either.

So, I have no doubt they’re in the mindset they need to get rid. The unknown is whether they’re in the mindset to accept a price that’s reflective of the position as opposed to hope value of the “asset”

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stockwood redss said:

seen a few things on twitter might be all bullshit that apparently Twine is close to signing for Birmingham, probably not true 

Probably got BCFCs confused .. can not see him going league 1 at all 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Unless Tommy has done something unforgivable ( which I doubt) then he should be available and played for the last year of his contract. It’s madness to sideline a good player otherwise. 

It probably wouldn't help wirh the compensation calculations too if he didn't kick a ball for 12 months, albeit there is International recognition, but would that situation make that less likely?

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh I think they absolutely expect to get rid. But I could say to you I expect to sell my house, and it’s worth (say) £500k. If I ask £750k for it, I’m not selling that house. And if I’m desperate to sell to avoid repossession, then I’m probably not getting the £500k either.

So, I have no doubt they’re in the mindset they need to get rid. The unknown is whether they’re in the mindset to accept a price that’s reflective of the position as opposed to hope value of the “asset”

Totally.

I don’t think they are of that mindset.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It probably wouldn't help wirh the compensation calculations too if he didn't kick a ball for 12 months, albeit there is International recognition, but would that situation make that less likely?

A point I made to @NcnsBcfc earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Unless Tommy has done something unforgivable ( which I doubt) then he should be available and played for the last year of his contract. It’s madness to sideline a good player otherwise. 

I think he’d end up back in contention at some point. I think it is purely a matter of we have players committed to the club who should be priority in terms of development for the upcoming season. I think if it is apparent he’ll be here last the deadline, he’ll have a chance to work his way back into the match day squad. It’ll be a long way back and with no injuries or suspension it may not amount to many minutes. I just personally don’t think it would be that petty. Is how I would handle it anyway. We will see.

As far as fee, I think we may have just written it off as compensation at this point. Like worst case we’ll get a small amount next summer for an academy player on low wages. Would have been nice to get millions but it didn’t align. We wouldn’t be the first team to have a player we thought was worth millions to end up moving for far less or even nothing. Can’t get hung up on it. If we sold every player at max value, we’d complain we won’t ever build anything. TC max value was last summer off a strong year and before injuries and coaching change. We’d have all been angry if we sold him last summer

To furthe hijack the thread You’d expect Conway being banished as it were has something to do with forcing the hand of a potential buyer and to encourage conways agent to get his act together in flogging him. A season out of first team football makes him less desirable at the end of it so feel it’s our play to get a fee rather than leave for nothing or tribunal at the end of his contract 

You buy a player’s services for a period of time . 
If the contract is for three years do you scrap the third one because the player wants to move on at the end of it? 
It seems like madness to me , whilst adding the caveat that I am in no way party to the details involving T.C. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stockwood redss said:

money talks 

Helluva risk if he doesn't perform or team doesn't come up from league 1 he could stay down there. Or he could stay at Burnley fight for a place and promotion or come to us be in the championship even if he uses it as a shop window.. but to go league 1 can't see it happening..  

3 hours ago, Stockwood redss said:

seen a few things on twitter might be all bullshit that apparently Twine is close to signing for Birmingham, probably not true 

You’re right.

It is bullshit, some pretend in the know Birmingham fan making stuff up.

They have signed a player from Brighton for £500k though.

• Like 2

It's difficult to say with Birmingham,  because without labouring the point they seem to be taking an approach that no League One side has taken.

Relegation hasn't halted spending, it may even have accelerated it.

Another indication of their bullishness is raising Hospitality prices post Relegation to the third tier.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They have signed a player from Brighton for £500k though.

Leonard would have been a great option for City, able to play 6, 8 or 10

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

shot-in-foot.gif.9986215004fb9e41402cf5f59a827e78.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, fly in the air said:

where does it say birmingham have agreed a fee with Burnley for ST. be disappointed if he wnt there.  if true then over to you Tinns. match it or walk away. is it true we have shown interest in a lad from Brighton?

Disappointing it would be but all window we appear to have failed to come up with a decisive offer for Twine. In the end someone else will. So not a surprise if it happens especially with SL controlling the purse strings.

Losing out on our number 1 target to a League 1 club would be somewhat embarrassing & speak volumes about the state of our Senior Leadership & Owner at this current time.

Not least because we know that Twine actually wants to come here & play for Manning.

• Like 2

On one level but Birmingham are trying something that a club relegated to League One hasn't tried before (in this era).

I wish them negativity broadly speaking, but while Ipswich did spend some they didn't do so freshly relegated, and a strong financial base in terms of losses was inherited.

They took advantage post Covid but not like this? They also presumably had an eye on or half an eye on the need to comply on return.

Sheffield Wednesday cut their cloth and reduced their losses, Wigan have spent quite big but are a fairly low income club anyway.

In respect of Twine himself, I reckon around £4m for a buy would be the magic number but who knows.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On one level but Birmingham are trying something that a club relegated to League One hasn't tried before (in this era).

I wish them negativity broadly speaking, but while Ipswich did spend some they didn't do so freshly relegated, and a strong financial base in terms of losses was inherited.

They took advantage post Covid but not like this? They also presumably had an eye on or half an eye on the need to comply on return.

Sheffield Wednesday cut their cloth and reduced their losses, Wigan have spent quite big but are a fairly low income club anyway.

The similarities are fresh investment.  Ipswich’s spending happened when their new US investment bought out Evans.  Brum are doing it with theirs.  They just happened to get relegated.

Don’t think I’ll be adding anything new to the conversation here, but since we seem to be going round in circles…

…If we’ve not met Burnley’s valuation/desired fee, and they won’t budge, then we move on. We will have a fee we’re prepared to spend and if that’s not acceptable, so be it. Plenty on here don’t think he’s worth the quoted fee. Personally I’d like to see him sign. If Birmingham meet Burnley’s valuation and the player is happy to go, again, so be it. 

I don’t see that as us missing out to a League One side. It simply means we didn’t feel the fee was right and we move on to other targets. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Don’t think I’ll be adding anything new to the conversation here, but since we seem to be going round in circles…

…If we’ve not met Burnley’s valuation/desired fee, and they won’t budge, then we move on. We will have a fee we’re prepared to spend and if that’s not acceptable, so be it. Plenty on here don’t think he’s worth the quoted fee. Personally I’d like to see him sign. If Birmingham meet Burnley’s valuation and the player is happy to go, again, so be it. 

I don’t see that as us missing out to a League One side. It simply means we didn’t feel the fee was right and we move on to other targets. 

In many respects I respect City for sticking to their valuation and not budging.  But why not move on way back in the summer?

Ashton Gate Twitter feed has posted an aerial shot, roof and all. It's the hope that does you in... 🤣

On Birmingham, I do hope their attempt at buying the League fails. But I do respect it. If we got relegated I'd expect us to aim to be getting promoted within one, maximum two seasons. Birmingham are a very big fish in League 1 and they're acting as such. I assume it's at a risk financially, I don't know League 1's financial regs. But the way they're going, I think they'll be back in no time (sadly). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In many respects I respect City for sticking to their valuation and not budging.  But why not move on way back in the summer?

I expect the managerial situation at Burnley impacted things? Would his valuation be different under a new manager who’s prepared to give him game time versus a manager who was prepared to let him leave? 

2 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I expect the managerial situation at Burnley impacted things? Would his valuation be different under a new manager who’s prepared to give him game time versus a manager who was prepared to let him leave? 

It’s possible, but I think Burnley are positioned to say - “here’s our valuation, if he stays he stays, great, if he goes, we just go and sign someone on our long list of alternative options”.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s possible, but I think Burnley are positioned to say - “here’s our valuation, if he stays he stays, great, if he goes, we just go and sign someone on our long list of alternative options”.

Exactly, which is why we can’t be far away from matching their valuation or moving on

Don’t like the loan option unless it’s with an obligation to buy with no recall.

My worry being he comes on loan without the above, has a great start to the season and someone comes in January outbidding us on fee and wages 

Yes he lives local and yes he clearly wants to come but money and ambition talks 

Edited by Ashton Fete

25 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Exactly, which is why we can’t be far away from matching their valuation or moving on

Don’t like the loan option unless it’s with an obligation to buy with no recall.

My worry being he comes on loan without the above, has a great start to the season and someone comes in January outbidding us on fee and wages 

Yes he lives local and yes he clearly wants to come but money and ambition talks 

We aren’t near their valuation.  That’s why nothing has moved.  It could be that we have now moved on, I don’t know.  If we have moved on it’s only recently.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Jebbison wasn’t tribunal

I know "training recognition fee" to avoid the tribunal. The issue is, he was in a similar position to where Conway will be next Summer.

Benchmarks have to start somewhere 😂

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I know "training recognition fee" to avoid the tribunal. The issue is, he was in a similar position to where Conway will be next Summer.

THIS IS THE TWINE THREAD!!! 😠

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Not if he goes to Scotland.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by Ska Junkie

5 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Keep seeing this thread near the top and checking for news on whether Twine is coming or going to Brum, just to see multiple posts about Conway. PLEASE, if you want to talk about TC, can you post it on the Conway thread?  It’s not difficult is it?

Sorry for my latest post, my bad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Keep seeing this thread near the top and checking for news on whether Twine is coming or going to Brum, just to see multiple posts about Conway. PLEASE, if you want to talk about TC, can you post it on the Conway thread?  It’s not difficult is it?

Mate, can you stop mentioning Conway three times in a post on the Twine thread….

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Ashton Gate Twitter feed has posted an aerial shot, roof and all. It's the hope that does you in... 🤣

On Birmingham, I do hope their attempt at buying the League fails. But I do respect it. If we got relegated I'd expect us to aim to be getting promoted within one, maximum two seasons. Birmingham are a very big fish in League 1 and they're acting as such. I assume it's at a risk financially, I don't know League 1's financial regs. But the way they're going, I think they'll be back in no time (sadly). 

Last time we got relegated we did get promoted within 2 seasons, with 99 points.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

No, not really that either, just a normal fee to transfer registration really.

Yes, could well be…unless he wants to go outside of England (or Wales), when we are in fixed fee territory.

Hi all.

Ive decided to ditch my ‘Link’ after it seems he has let me down again.

I spoke to Scott Twine’s agent today. He confirmed to me that no deal has been agreed.

Anyone who wants the evidence of this can message me privately if they care that much mentioning no names.

• Haha 1

Just now, cheddarwedlocker said:

Hi all.

I spoke to Scott Twine’s agent today. He confirmed to me that no deal has been agreed.

Anyone who wants the evidence of this can message me privately if they care that much mentioning no names.

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

Dont be an arse, mate.

I put on the forum what I have been told, and there are some things that were correct, such as the Armstrong stuff, Hirakawa, few conway snippets etc. 

I only put out what I was told. Simple as that. Theres nothing saying that Twine wont happen, or that its not close as it is.

All I got back from the conversation in the first place was this (copy and pasted). 

‘Gentlemans agreement done, waiting for green light from Parker, loan deal’

Then, from Brian Howard, ‘Hi *****, No deal agreed.’

How can you possibly point fingers at me here?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Dont be an arse, mate.

I put on the forum what I have been told, and there are some things that were correct, such as the Armstrong stuff, Hirakawa, few conway snippets etc. 

I only put out what I was told. Simple as that. Theres nothing saying that Twine wont happen, or that its not close as it is.

All I got back from the conversation in the first place was this (copy and pasted). 

I was referring the 'pretends to be shocked' that we hadn't agreed a deal with them, not that you posted information you were given.

3 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Dont be an arse, mate.

Why does Brian Howard call you a *****.  Seems a bit rude!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Hi all.

Any chance you can ask him if dialogue is open and what he thinks is likely to happen?

• Like 1

Ron Walker - Sky Podcaster

Not much movement in #BristolCity's pursuit of Scott Twine. A number of clubs interested in the #BurnleyFC man - as before, Scott Parker still wants to have a look at everyone but with nearly 40 first-team players on the books, he knows players will have to leave in this window.

• Thanks 1