IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yeah, if he’s on their pre season tour abroad & is starting games in a line up like that, there’s next to no chance he’s here before the season starts. 

This game was played at Burnley's training ground but they leave for their tour today I believe so will keep an eye on the socials for any video content, like you say though being in that line up means there is no way he doesn't go on the tour

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Yeah, if he’s on their pre season tour abroad & is starting games in a line up like that, there’s next to no chance he’s here before the season starts. 

It's alright Pete, "If we can't get our first choice then we will quickly pivot to the next in the list."

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It's alright Pete, "If we can't get our first choice then we will quickly pivot to the next in the list."

Let us consult the list to pivot to….uhhh this list must be an old one, as next in the list just says

”Beg EVEN HARDER for Twine”

:( 

• Haha 4

However you dress this saga up, it's been a massive failing of the club's recruitment this summer. We new this was probably the most important position to fill about 9 months ago and we're currently no better off, with very little time left 'on the grass' for any arrival to get up to speed. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

However you dress this saga up, it's been a massive failing of the club's recruitment this summer. We new this was probably the most important position to fill about 9 months ago and we're currently no better off, with very little time left 'on the grass' for any arrival to get up to speed. 

How is it a failure, we got wingers we needed, we got strikers we needed so far we are set to missout on 1 target because we won't overpay

So many drama queens

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

The obvious error has been in trying to be too clever in the negotiations & not getting this deal done first & then working backwards with the remainder of our budget to secure our other targets.

Burnley have always had a price they would sell at, if we’d matched it he’d have been here by June.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

How is it a failure, we got wingers we needed, we got strikers we needed so far we are set to missout on 1 target because we won't overpay

So many drama queens

I think if you’d ask Manning/Tinnion if they could only have one signing this summer it’d have been Twine/‘a 10’. 

They made it very clear it was the priority position & he was the priority player imo. 

Personally do think it makes our window a 5 or 6/10 rather than an 7 or 8 if he/someone else in that role doesn’t come off, and fast

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

I cannot believe it’s all in on Twine or bust. Let’s be honest, aside from Yu, I don’t think we’ve managed to secure our top targets. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Time to move on. 

Agreed, we need a number 10 as a priority. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

Agree the number 10 role has been a top priority for over a year that's the reason we loaned twine in the first place manning saying " we need that person who can unlock doors "  not sure what an earth the recruitment team are doing surely we have a list just feels like we only have 1 name on the number 10 list and that's twine.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

So many drama queens

It’s a position we still haven’t filled since Scott’s left. It’s poor really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness, we are working through our list of targets:

1. Twine (permenant transfer)
2. Twine (loan with option to buy)
3. Twine (loan with obligation to buy)
4. Twine (pure loan)
5. A signed picture of Twine hung up in the dressing room

Option 6 sign a player called twine 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

So many drama queens

We've already had pretty decent (albeit too similar striking options) but what we lacked was ways to bring them in to the game. 1 winger coming in is great provided Manning sets up the team to play that way. But we know he's wanted a 10 for ages and we know it will be key for how he wants to set the team up. That's the failing.

The old (not ITK) Ian Gay new this, which is why he was constantly spouting that line about Conway being a sportscar engine in a lawnmower. It now feels like we've got a muscle car instead, with some great looking Japanese wheels but still no gearbox.

I agree with the opinion we need to move on, but we don't know what talks have been going on behind the scenes. We may have improved our offer only for Parker to step in and put the deal on hold. If there is any hope I'm sure Manning will want to wait it out as Twine was/is his preference which could prove costly should Twine stay at Burnley and we miss out on other players that could fill the role. Things need to move on either bysigning Twine soon or, more likely, move on to the next on the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness, we are working through our list of targets:

1. Twine (permenant transfer)
2. Twine (loan with option to buy)
3. Twine (loan with obligation to buy)
4. Twine (pure loan)
5. A signed picture of Twine hung up in the dressing room

Liam and Brian already have one of those on their office walls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

So many drama queens

Did we need wingers ? We already have Mehmeti, Sykes and Bell. Manning didnt play a system last year that utilised wingers, preferring to use them as wing backs.

So we got strikers we needed, but not our 1st or probably not even 2nd choice. Basically we got bodies (punts) in through the door.

I reckon we've missed out on at least 3 preferred targets, so far.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Did we need wingers ? We already have Mehmeti, Sykes and Bell. Manning didnt play a system last year that utilised wingers, preferring to use them as wing backs.

So we got strikers we needed, but not our 1st or probably not even 2nd choice. Basically we got bodies (punts) in through the door.

I reckon we've missed out on at least 3 preferred targets, so far.

Yes a lot of risk taking going on! 

If it works its brilliance and if not, we have seen it all before! I was thinking the other day we have a hell a lot of clubs in our bag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

How many more, we need to move on posts before the window shuts’ I’m going 34 pages

Fixed 😉

33 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Not in these photos 👀

Screenshot_20240729_170841_X.jpg

They’ll need another roll from Truprint to get their whole squad developed in Boots when they get back!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fixed 😉

They’ll need another roll from Truprint to get their whole squad developed in Boots when they get back!

Like one of those "whole of school" shots from yesteryear where a speedy youngster could run around & appear on both flanks of the picture!

Just now, TDarwall said:

Like one of those "whole of school" shots from yesteryear where a speedy youngster could run around & appear on both flanks of the picture!

Not that old Tone!

1 minute ago, TammyAB said:

If Twine’s on 40-45 grand a week and Parker seems to like him at Burnley, it’s only a matter of time before he takes a 50% pay cut and joins Bristol City!

Twine isn’t on anything remotely close to 40/45 grand at Burnley. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TammyAB said:

If Twine’s on 40-45 grand a week and Parker seems to like him at Burnley, it’s only a matter of time before he takes a 50% pay cut and joins Bristol City!

Why would he be on that?  Everything written about him is he's on less than 10k.  Where does 40-45 grand come from?

17 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Careful, that kind of thinking can get you a seat on the board.

Edited by Sleepy1968
spell
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

He’s not.  He’s on a wage within our wage structure.  Whether we’d need to make him our highest paid player to sign him is another matter.

And whilst we are at it…

“Hi I’m Scott Twine” in Spain!

Shall we move on - 33 move ons to go!

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not.  He’s on a wage within our wage structure.  Whether we’d need to make him our highest paid player to sign him is another matter.

And whilst we are at it…

That was yesterday’s game at Burnley wasn’t it? And they’ve only flown to Spain today?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And whilst we are at it…

The Leganes game was in the UK before Burnley travelled Dave. Sorry, I see others have already said.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The Leganes game was in the UK before Burnley travelled Dave. Sorry, I see others have already said.

Yeah, hadn’t realised it was yesterday either…although if he’s still playing minutes for them, it’s hardly something to think it could be close(r) is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, hadn’t realised it was yesterday either…although if he’s still playing minutes for them, it’s hardly something to think it could be close(r) is it?

A goodbye game at the training ground, fans waving flags at the gates

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They played 2 sides yesterday, 1 v Leganes and 1 v Accrington. I've no idea how they split the squad up though.

If Scott didn't travel to Spain (I've no idea but hes not in their gallery afaik) it might suggest something is happening, be it us or someone else.

Lots of 'ifs' in that, I appreciate.

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

On the Burnley forum big surprise that Sander Berge is in the pictures they thought he was off , not sure if any relevance 

Rather negates my post to be fair Cov. Then again, only a 2 hour flight back to Manchester if anything was agreed.

For Twine, Steve could pick him up.

Best set Lulsgate watch up again.! 😉

Edited by Ska Junkie

8 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Twine deal will be done within next few days on a permanent (~3M) Conway to Middlesbrough for ~2M

6 minutes ago, bristol red said:

One more coming in too. Don’t know too much re this but not a youngster.

1 minute ago, Crimson Crayola said:

This Is Interesting Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 minutes ago, bristol red said:

One more coming in too. Don’t know too much re this but not a youngster.

You've got a few scrapping around now :laughcont:

DMs, emails, texts flying around...

Edited by bcfc01
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They played 2 sides yesterday, 1 v Leganes and 1 v Accrington. I've no idea how they split the squad up though.

If Scott didn't travel to Spain (I've no idea but hes not in their gallery afaik) it might suggest something is happening, be it us or someone else.

Lots of 'ifs' in that, I appreciate.

The (strong) team including Twine was listed here yesterday.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

51 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Twine deal will be done within next few days on a permanent (~3M) Conway to Middlesbrough for ~2M

That escalated quickly 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bristol red said:

Alot of people seem to he taking this as gospel? I'm relatively new to this forum I take it bristol red has some credit for being " in the know " by the way people are believing this

Edited by BCFC31

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Alot of people seem to he taking this as gospel? I'm relatively new to this forum I take it bristol red has some credit for being " in the know " by the way people are believing this

Only 7 of us have posted since Bristol Red and I personally don't have clue. Dunno about the other 6!

1 hour ago, bristol red said:

Another ITK Twine is signing post, I guess we’re all going to believe this one as well 🙄

11 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Let’s see what happens!

You haven’t got any previous in having any inside info, you’ve seen the Conway story about talks and guessed, ridiculous 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Another ITK Twine is signing post, I guess we’re all going to believe this one as well 🙄

Exactly what I was thinking bristol red pretending to know more then everyone else. Been going on all summer 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

You haven’t got any previous in having any inside info, you’ve seen the Conway story about talks and guessed, ridiculous 

It’s possible to be an ITK virgin and do it for the first time you know!!!

Just let it play out and then see whether it was or not.

• Like 8