IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s possible to be an ITK virgin and do it for the first time you know!!!

Just let it play out and then see whether it was or not.

Saw the ITK Virgins support the Kitchens of Distinction at the Bierkeller in the early 90's.

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

image.png.959328e130834cea320339f3d5011efb.png

I’m reading this 2 ways Lrrr, was this intentional? 
I can read this as the X meaning ‘wrong’ and that you doubt the poster is correct in the £3m transfer. 
Or I can read is as the X meaning ‘no’ as in ‘no doubt’ and thus you are suggesting that the £3m transfer is correct!! 

You’ve baffled me with one meme! 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I can read this as the X meaning ‘wrong’ and that you doubt the poster is correct in the £3m transfer. 
Or I can read is as the X meaning ‘no’ as in ‘no doubt’ and thus you are suggesting that the £3m transfer is correct!! 

X is the input on the controller used to select the option 'doubt'  in this videogame, so I think Lrrr doubts the fact that the Twine deal will be done within the next few days.

Edited by broodje
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly as broodje says, you press the x button on the controller to choose the doubt option. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Exactly as broodje says, you press the x button on the controller to choose the doubt option. 

Bloody hell, this is all a bit clever..

Whatever happened to just replying & posting “I don’t think so”?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bloody hell, this is all a bit clever..

Whatever happened to just replying & posting “I don’t think so”?.

Already done that too about 40 pages ago 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TDarwall said:

the Bierkeller in the early 90's.

Is that the same one that existed in the mid to late 60's?, had some great times there before I left for Oz in 1970 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Is that the same one that existed in the mid to late 60's?, had some great times there before I left for Oz in 1970 :thumbsup:

Indeed it is. The venue for one of my 1st gigs (The Brilliant Corners) & 1 of my favourite gigs (The Charlatans).

Sadly it's not there any longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bpexile said:

The memories are though mate 🍺 :thumbsup:

Indeed! We were young & stupid, got there so early for the Brilliant Corners that they were still doing the sound check, but they let us sit & watch!

1 hour ago, bpexile said:

Ha, ha..........used to nick off work friday lunch times to go to Bierkeller. They had strippers there in the early 80's, 5p cover charge to keep out the riff-raff !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bristol red said:

Twine deal will be done within next few days on a permanent (~3M) Conway to Middlesbrough for ~2M

Lesson to self never share information on a forum full of people who wont believe you

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Imagine if it was Stansfield..

That would be a big gamechanger on the field and a statement of intent off it.

It isnt Stansfield hate to break it

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I fell over when I hit the fresh air on leaving that establishment having imbibed in several(?) steins of the house brew in the early(?) '70's!

Been there done that 🤣😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I fell over when I hit the fresh air on leaving that establishment having imbibed in several(?) steins of the house brew in the early(?) '70's!

Scamps was next door but the customer base was completely different. People never left one to go to the other. In fact, people leaving the Hofbrauhaus would never have been able to get up the stairs to Scamps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Scamps was next door but the customer base was completely different. People never left one to go to the other. In fact, people leaving the Hofbrauhaus would never have been able to get up the stairs to Scamps!

Scamps !! Jesus, that just sent a shiver down my spine. 🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Why are you always anti ITK?

Think there is a sense of jealousy.  Some people just know people and get info.  Sometimes you have to cut the wheat from the chaff, sometimes you know the person that is telling you is trusting, but you don’t know who they got it from.

Very few people on here post stuff to be WUMs, most post with good intentions.  But be prepared for the backlash, whether that be transfer rumours or other stuff.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Me and my mates did it regularly. The Hofbrauhau shut at 10pm in those days. Then in Scamps until 2am. Proper drinkers. :laugh: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Saw the ITK Virgins support the Kitchens of Distinction at the Bierkeller in the early 90's.

We will need to be as Quick as Rainbows to get this signing over the line!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I seem to remember Scamps on a Thursday night was always a good one to meet ‘birds’! Rumoured to be ‘nurses night’ although I never met one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

For your own sanity I would be careful how and when you post stuff. As someone who was briefly ITK, it brought home to me how quickly situations change and I am pleased that I kept some of my cards close to my chest. 

• Like 5

21 players gone to Spain for Burnley’s tour according to their forum, 17 have been pictured which twine isn’t in any, that leaves 4 I wonder if Twine is one of them. 

maybe Parker was playing him regularly here to get a real taste of him to see if he fits in or not. 

Edited by HengroveReds

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Don't say move on. I said it once but I think I got away with it.

Once is good, the same posters doing so 4 or 5 times, not so much..

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

For your own sanity I would be careful how and when you post stuff. As someone who was briefly ITK, it brought home to me how quickly situations change and I am pleased that I kept some of my cards close to my chest. 

I was ITK once & once only.  A few seasons back I was told we were signing someone. The informant was a guy I worked with in Ldn who was a good friend of the player in question.  It didn't happen, it didn't even make the "gossip" section of the forum.

I've no doubt the person that told me did so in absolute good faith, but it didn't materialise. 

• Like 1

As has been posted above Twine is definitely in Spain with Burnley, which would suggest very strongly he’s in Parker’s thoughts.

Interestingly Massengo has also travelled.

11 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Could write a movie about this transfer saga 

To be fair it’d be a pretty shit movie. 

BCFC Pictures Present “DON’T MEAN TO (T)WHINE”

“In this knockabout comedy Brian and Jon offer the same amount seventeen times and are surprised when it’s knocked back. Meanwhile Liam is back in Bristol pining for his lost love. Can he get him before the prom in August? A new farce from the directors of ‘Dire and the Work Permit’ and ‘Loose Lips on Dickie’. In cinemas now”

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair it’d be a pretty shit movie. 

BCFC Pictures Present “DON’T MEAN TO (T)WHINE”

“In this knockabout comedy Brian and Jon offer the same amount seventeen times and are surprised when it’s knocked back. Meanwhile Liam is back in Bristol pining for his lost love. Can he get him before the prom in August? A new farce from the directors of ‘Dire and the Work Permit’ and ‘Loose Lips on Dickie’. In cinemas now”

Upcoming sequel 'When Harry (Cornick) met Fally'

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

“Move on” is this summers version of “seat at the table”. 

I’d forgotten “seat at the table”. 
Or to put it another “ahh hello Mr Bournemouth. Table for one? Your usual table, sir?” 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Because 95% of people that come on here are pretending to be ITK, we have had at least 5-6 people come on here over the last 6 weeks come on here and say ‘Twine Done’ for it never to come off. It’s sad that people come on here and make stuff up. As for the poster above Twine is on tour with Burnley and due to start their first game of the season so it’s more horse**** from another sad individual 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Because 95% of people that come on here are pretending to be ITK

5 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

due to start their first game of the season

Are you making things up? Bit sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

I was ITK once & once only.  A few seasons back I was told we were signing someone. The informant was a guy I worked with in Ldn who was a good friend of the player in question.  It didn't happen, it didn't even make the "gossip" section of the forum.

I've no doubt the person that told me did so in absolute good faith, but it didn't materialise. 

I was in the know, forty years ago. But I didn't think: "I'm in the know," because being in the know in 1984 wasn't a thing, not like it is now. As far as I knew, back then.

My Source was a Mr T Cooper who replied in writing to my own concerned letter regarding the contract situation of our right back at the time, Paul Stevens. He was wanting more dosh, and Terry Cooper told me: "Don’t worry, he's not half as good as he thinks, and he'll sign the new contract." Or words to that affect.

I still have the letter somewhere. 

I am also in the know regarding Joe Royle and his two attempts to secure the manager's position here. My source for this? Mr Joe Royle, who I happened across in a Waitrose in North Somerset about ten years ago now. Very forthcoming, he was. Happy to chat.

I haven't written to Liam Manning  regarding Tommy Conway though, nor bumped into him in a supermarket. I imagine he shops online for his groceries.

• Haha 6
  • Robin 1

Yes some people are blatent attention seekers but without without people who claim to be ITK there wouldnt be a forum.. Where have you read that Twine is due to start Burnleys 1st game are you ITK or just made that up ?

Edited by westonred

Just now, westonred said:

Yes some people are blatent attention seekers but without without people who claim to be ITK there wouldnt be a forum.. Where have you read that Twine is due to start Burnleys 1st game are you ITK or just made that up ?

It’s an assumption, considering he has started all of Burnley’s friendlies in the ‘10’ position when they have played friendlies with a full strength team. Apologies to all should have used the words likely too if Parker’s friendly line ups are anything to go by. Point stands though we’ve had 6 people say this deal is done yet he is on tour with Burnley… go figure

2 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

It’s an assumption, considering he has started all of Burnley’s friendlies in the ‘10’ position when they have played friendlies with a full strength team. Apologies to all should have used the words likely too if Parker’s friendly line ups are anything to go by. Point stands though we’ve had 6 people say this deal is done yet he is on tour with Burnley… go figure

Yes but you have to take a lot of things with a pinch of salt years ago. I posted something that i heard from Cole Skuse (I knew him through my mates son who was best mates with him). I posted the rumour and got slaughtered for it although it turned out to be true in the end

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think there is a sense of jealousy.  Some people just know people and get info.  Sometimes you have to cut the wheat from the chaff, sometimes you know the person that is telling you is trusting, but you don’t know who they got it from.

No I don’t think so.

Its human nature if you’re told something that gets your hopes up you question it to make sure it’s true in an attempt to try to avoid future disappointment. Appreciate the answer is often impossible to give as people who are genuinely ITK understandably don’t want to compromise their source.

Too many WUMs in the past unfortunately who have ruined it for the good guys but I’m sure the genuine ITKs know the score and have got thick enough skin to understand why people question them. It’s nothing personal.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

There doesn't seem to be much urgency from the club to get there man does there seems like they just like playing the long game with the more important signings 

Maybe they were waiting for the Conway money before going back with an improved offer ? 

I used to get tit bits during the Davidson era but am blissfully and unashamedly NOT ITK in any way now.

If people are attention seeking, they will get found out. If they're not, as KITR clearly wasn't, good on them for passing on what they could.

If, as LM said, he wants 2 more, I would guess at Twine and possibly another forward. Just a guess BTW.

Edited by Ska Junkie

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No I don’t think so.

Its human nature if you’re told something that gets your hopes up you question it to make sure it’s true in an attempt to try to avoid future disappointment. Appreciate the answer is often impossible to give as people who are genuinely ITK understandably don’t want to compromise their source.

Too many WUMs in the past unfortunately who have ruined it for the good guys but I’m sure the genuine ITKs know the score and have got thick enough skin to understand why people question them. It’s nothing personal.

Fair.

But of course you can also sit there and not post “it’s bollocks”, “it’s sad”, etc, and just wait and see what actually happens and mark that person’s card for future stuff, whether ✅ or ❌.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, westonred said:

It’s Sir Ian or bust. He’s the ITK and most famous city fan these days. Whether we like it or not! Until the source decides to end it! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair.

But of course you can also sit there and not post “it’s bollocks”, “it’s sad”, etc, and just wait and see what actually happens and mark that person’s card for future stuff, whether ✅ or ❌.

I totally agree mate. If someone says they have info then they deserve a chance. I’d love to know what happened to ‘Black Ops’? I love it when someone posts something so out of left field that turns out to be 100% correct. 

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

IMG_7291.jpeg

What happened to getting new players in early so they can bond with the squad ? I know Twine already knows the squad but leaving it so late to bring in an additional two players (if Twine deal falls through) is not really a reasonable timeframe is it