IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

What happened to getting new players in early so they can bond with the squad ? I know Twine already knows the squad but leaving it so late to bring in an additional two players (if Twine deal falls through) is not really a reasonable timeframe is it

To be fair the market has been a bit weird this year, it isn't as easy as hoped at a lot of clubs if you look around.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, westonred said:

What happened to getting new players in early so they can bond with the squad ? I know Twine already knows the squad but leaving it so late to bring in an additional two players (if Twine deal falls through) is not really a reasonable timeframe is it

But….he doesn’t know the forwards he’s gonna be working with….Fally and Sinclair, let alone Yu, whenever we find out when he’ll be fit.  He’s barely played with Wells, nor Bell as a CF.

LM initially said that Twine would bring the best out Conway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do we have to wait til next summer to get time on the grass for the forward line. (Facetious comment).

We should’ve moved on in May.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

LM initially said that Twine would bring the best out Conway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That is a really good point Dave.

Different profile of players aren't they, Conway vs Fally vs Armstrong. Let alone Wells etc albeit he will have trained with the last year and played a bit.

The whole dynamic shifts. Creative player behind big (big can also be pacy and or technical) striker.. hmm.

Could it be Twine behind say Wells and Armstrong or..who knows at this point really.

Plus if that was the case then Sykes, Bell, Mehmeti and Yu would become redundant at minimum.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We should’ve moved on in May.

Even if the deal was close and I'm not sure it ever was , and if they were going to allow a little more time for the new manager to have a look at him , the decision should have been made to move on before we started the batch of friendlies. 

I might be in the minority here, but what is so special about Twine that we’re now onto page 64 of the thread.

i saw a player who could provide a decent dead ball during his loan but I didn’t see much else. Maybe I’m just a really bad judge of a player but if we’ve made an offer to Burnley that we think is fair and Burnley aren’t interested then so be it.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I might be in the minority here, but what is so special about Twine that we’re now onto page 64 of the thread.

i saw a player who could provide a decent dead ball during his loan but I didn’t see much else. Maybe I’m just a really bad judge of a player but if we’ve made an offer to Burnley that we think is fair and Burnley aren’t interested then so be it.

Exactly my thoughts it wasn’t as if he was outstanding like other loans we have had

12 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

Why do people continually listen to this pleb it’s actually embarrassing 

I think it's only @Shauntaylor85 that has a shrine dedicated to him.

I can just about tolerate his antics on the FBC podcast, but I'm sure that if I was @NcnsBcfc I'd have told him to do one more than once. Funnily enough he acts a bit more like a normal when @Davefevs is on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Got to be the 3rd kit being unveiled hasn’t it ?

Be nice if it involved a surprise signing but I doubt it 

Certainly has a whiff of maverick thinking that raises excitement to fever pitch.

• Haha 3

I don't think Ian on the Podcast is particularly credible but he seems to have an inside line to some extent. 

Albeit his insider doesn't exactly scream competent, professional and reliable himself!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Not you Ian!! FBC Ian.
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I can just about tolerate his antics on the FBC podcast, but I'm sure that if I was @NcnsBcfc I'd have told him to do one more than once. Funnily enough he acts a bit more like a normal when @Davefevs is on.

Yeah he does’ I think he knows Dave will pull him up on things.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Because he knows he will loose a fact checking debate with Spreadsheet Man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

3rd kit 

This will just be the robins foundation advertising the 3rd kid bit of an unnecessary build up tho the media team taking the piss mind 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh that font 😐

Imagine if the 3rd kit was black with the motto "We play to win, We exist to inspire, We Always Believe" interwoven into the design. In comic sans.

Then we could have rectangles on the collar and triangles on the shorts. Maverick design.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Imagine if the 3rd kit was black with the motto "We play to win, We exist to inspire, We Always Believe" interwoven into the design. In comic sans.

It might just as well be last season's away kit with a sew-it-yourself patch included.

Oh no ...

9 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This will just be the robins foundation advertising the 3rd kid bit of an unnecessary build up tho the media team taking the piss mind 

You seem to be getting needlessly worked up on here at the moment. 
There’s always going to be an advanced warning when a new kit is about to drop, wouldn’t say that was ‘taking the piss’.

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Then we could have rectangles on the collar and triangles on the shorts. Maverick design.

I am more maverick than Jon so I'd go for toruses. There again I am a donut. 

23 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Please delete your post before it's read by the kit designer 😆

I'm disappointed not to see Twine in it. Hmmmm.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You seem to be getting needlessly worked up on here at the moment. 
There’s always going to be an advanced warning when a new kit is about to drop, wouldn’t say that was ‘taking the piss’.

Worked up at our lack of an out and out number 10 which for me is crucial going into the season 

Edited by BCFC31

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s Sir Ian or bust. He’s the ITK and most famous city fan these days. Whether we like it or not! Until the source decides to end it! 

Ok, you've got me @Shauntaylor85 why do you think Ian is ITK.

Ian is told stuff, I get that. But a) is he told the truth or even a version of the truth or B) what he wants to believe.

Thus his whole account is based on heresay and not on any tactical understanding of how we as a team or an individual player plays. Or indeed what the team needs in terms of player recruitment.

My advice to you would be take screenshots of every tweet/article when they are made. You'll notice after each announcement of a signing or some sort of development, the ones that contradict the end result have mysteriously disappeared, thus giving an appearance of ITK.

When you actually ask him for his opinion (not the one he's been told) then he'll hedge his bets, avoid the question, or even block the questioner.

Ask yourself why he blocks people who don't agree with him? He doesn't debate, he tells you that he is right and you are wrong  but then doesn't explain why that is the case?

He's not the messiah.

image.png.eab4526fae90b266192604fd34144c42.png

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s Sir Ian or bust. He’s the ITK and most famous city fan these days. Whether we like it or not! Until the source decides to end it! 

More famous than John Cleese?

Or sundry other famous people who support the mighty City??

(I know you're taking the mick out of him but let's have it straight - the bloke's a Grade A twonk.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Ian is told stuff, I get that. But a) is he told the truth or even a version of the truth or B) what he wants to believe.

Thus his whole account is based on heresay and not on any tactical understanding of how we as a team or an individual player plays. Or indeed what the team needs in terms of player recruitment.

My advice to you would be take screenshots of every tweet/article when they are made. You'll notice after each announcement of a signing or some sort of development, the ones that contradict the end result have mysteriously disappeared, thus giving an appearance of ITK.

When you actually ask him for his opinion (not the one he's been told) then he'll hedge his bets, avoid the question, or even block the questioner.

Ask yourself why he blocks people who don't agree with him? He doesn't debate, he tells you that he is right and you are wrong  but then doesn't explain why that is the case?

He's not the messiah.

He’s a very naughty boy. 

I don’t actually think he’s ITK, he just portrays it and people actually believe he is. Feeding his ego more. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

He’s a very naughty boy. 

I don’t actually think he’s ITK, he just portrays it and people actually believe he is. Feeding his ego more. 

He definitely gets bits off tinnion’ he adds bits to the info no doubt.

• Like 3

This sort of transfer saga isn't anything new though.

Who remembers back in 1994 (or may have been 1996) we spent the whole summer trying to get Sieb Dijkstra to re-sign after his loan - and that was 30 years ago!

Edited by AG City
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He definitely gets bits off tinnion’ he adds bits to the info no doubt.

I don’t think he does, he just listens to his interviews etc and thinks they are besties because he comes on the podcast. 

What has he actually broke that none of us knew? 

53 minutes ago, AG City said:

Who remembers back in 1994 (or may have been 1996) we spent the whole summer trying to get Sieb Dijkstra to re-sign after his loan - and that was 30 years ago!

Did we? Remember him on loan 

55 minutes ago, AG City said:

The 1990s is just yesterday. I can remember in the late 60s the whole summer was awash with stories, via the Evening Post, that we were going to sign the famous Jimmy Bone from Patrick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, westonred said:

When posting a rumour one should always say the word allegedly, or led to believe, he states everything as if it’s happening as talking on behalf of someone else…..be careful when posting things. I always say allegedly! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

He's not the messiah.

The bloke is insufferable. I was tweeting a goodbye message to NP on X (Twitter) thanking him for his service and was verbally attacked by him. He didn’t have one positive thing to say about Nige and then blocked me when I tried to debate with him. I didn’t have a clue who he was until I saw him on FBC podcast which then confirmed for me what a loser he is. 

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

The bloke is insufferable. I was tweeting a goodbye message to NP on X (Twitter) thanking him for his service and was verbally attacked by him. He didn’t have one positive thing to say about Nige and then blocked me when I tried to debate with him. I didn’t have a clue who he was until I saw him on FBC podcast which then confirmed for me what a loser he is. 

The bloke is a two faced asshat best ignored, 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The 1990s is just yesterday. I can remember in the late 60s the whole summer was awash with stories, via the Evening Post, that we were going to sign the famous Jimmy Bone from Patrick. 

Narrow it down, Pongo - Patrick who?

St Pats in Dublin, was it? Dodgy tendons? Sharp haircut but never fit?

History repeating?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He is still peddling the line about Instalments, deal Structure and FFP.

Now maybe there is something he knows that has not yet hit the Public Domain and that he cannot necessarily stage, but as far as I can see it is wrong or misleading at best.

You’re giving him far more credit than he deserves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parkgate said:

The OTIB unhealthy Ian Gay fascination continues.  The guy is firmly stuck in some posters heads and it’s embarrassing.

you wont get a good word out of me about anyone above manning or any of their associates, hope this helps👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parkgate said:

That’s up to you - fascination that many posters have about Ian Gay is pathetic - grown men etc. 

Hold on a minute.

Nothing against Ian Gay, but he seems to have some sort of In to the Club..

His words may or may not carry weight but with Power comes Reponsibility etc. Especially given the haphazard nature of the Club (ie above Manning) communications.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hold on a minute.

Nothing against Ian Gay, but he seems to have some sort of In to the Club..

His words may or may not carry weight but with Power comes Reponsibility etc. Especially given the haphazard nature of the Club (ie above Manning) communications.

He's not Spider-Man 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Parkgate said:

Other posters on here tried desperately to be “in” with Tinnion only to get binned off - no wonder they slag BT off at every opportunity - they know who they are. 

A man who spouts Undisclosed Fees on the Radio.

No thank you...he was a good Player great left foot and I'll credit him for Youth Development work but he lacks the gravitas for his present position and time will tell as to whether he ever gets it. IMO.

1 minute ago, Parkgate said:

I think Ian Gay talks nonsense half the time the difference is I don’t spend my life on a forum caring so much.

The blokes like marmite. I agree he gets a lot of stick (probably unjustified at times) however he's the one putting himself out there. Ironically your saying people are caring too much on a forum whilst you're caring too much on that same forum about them. Bit of a hypocrite wouldn't you say?

• Like 1

I don’t know why you’re telling me this - you’re not one of those posters. He is loose lipped so what. 

Ah apologies I thought I was being put in the bracket.

In terms of the Undisclosed Fees I'll be kind and say we all make mistakes.

The bloke isn’t like marmite - just another fan. The difference is I’m not spouting negative hate about him - unhealthy. 

Those people are now ITK when in fact they know **** all. 

I'm not saying he's not a fan like anyone else. He's clearly a big fan that's unquestionable. A lot of people are like marmite. It's not necessarily a bad thing. 

What particularly hateful comment have you seen about him that's worked you up? Perhaps I've missed it. Genuinely I'm just asking. 

• Like 1

@Shauntaylor85

Screenshot_20240730_221133_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d32d2e4f1e1a33d6cd5c0c18b826218f.jpg

See the classic, saying something without actually saying anything.

There is nothing here that you or I couldn't have written, but it is done in such a way as to say "I know something you don't"

He may well know something, but why flaut it in people's faces? Derogatory and demeaning on a way.

Either say something specific or say nothing at all for me.

I mean of course the deals are unconnected (Middlesborough and Burnley) and "City will only pay Burnley want they think he's worth" (err... yes that's a given with every transfer).

"City have other targets" (again so do every other professional football club).

"If a deal can't be done then they will move on" ( once again thanks for that illuminating bit of insight)

As others have said he is truly ITK. We all get told stuff by people all the time. My eldest who does the FBC podcast as well knows a lot of the under 18s. Everybody talks, what we don't do is go on Social media and claim that we know everything and the general supporter knows nothing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

Just now, Parkgate said:

I’m not worked up I just think it’s pathetic. Ian Gay this Ian Gay that - all overwhelmingly negative. A lot of it is the bitter jealous ones who tried to get in with the club and don’t like the fact he is getting fed stuff. I would imagine that the vast majority of posts about him are negative….dont understand why grown adults do that on a forum. Just my view.

I do agree somewhat, he is sometimes painted as the villain unfairly. When in all honesty he's just passing on what he knows and maybe fills in the blanks. I will say he does carry a little ego when he messages people 'I told you so' when things get released. That's just my opinion. 

I’m not worked up I just think it’s pathetic. Ian Gay this Ian Gay that - all overwhelmingly negative. A lot of it is the bitter jealous ones who tried to get in with the club and don’t like the fact he is getting fed stuff. I would imagine that the vast majority of posts about him are negative….dont understand why grown adults do that on a forum. Just my view.

Yet you don’t ever say this to him you go on a forum to do it. Well done you.

Err..yes I do. 

I take it you haven't seen the last one then? Or indeed ones over the last 2 years. Or go.on X and check out our recent conversation on Conway valuation against Jay Stansfield. I'm not a hypocrite who says one thing on this forum and then another on other social media or on podcasts.

I've not been blocked by him (probably got very close), as we have to do the podcast at times together not unlike the situation @Davefevs finds himself in with Ian at times.

I won't just sit there and listen to nonsense on a podcast. Ian has some good things to say at times, he's an intelligent man. Just because i dont always agree with him, doesnt mean that i dont listen to his point of view.

What I don't like this summer in particular is the dismissive nature of other people's views, whilst not really committing to anything himself (see my above post).

I hope that clarifies my position.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I'd quite forgotten that one............and before that EP was rife with rumours of a young Irish hot shot, Danny Trainor from Crusaders, neither happened, of course !