IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

I was curious since the performance of Twine is much debated on here and other platforms while at loan with us so I went back and looked at some of his performances to refresh my memory. Here's my notes that I tried to keep as succinct and only focused on key actions. Not sure how useful this is as its only major actions so you don't get a full accurate picture of the game, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Rotherham:
Received ball from Dickie on the half turn played a through ball to Mehmeti 1-on-1, who misses a golden chance.
Receives ball in a pocket and plays Conway through 1-on-1 who wins a penalty (FPL assist :P).
Scores free-kick.

Norwich:
Wins ball back high and plays Sykes through on goal 1-on-1 but Sykes misses.
Misses decent chance on his left-foot
Misses sitter on his left-foot.
Swung in a free-kick which is scored by Cornick but is disallowed for offside.

Blackburn:
Not much of major note

Huddersfield:
Loses ball high a generous referee might've gave a foul but we end up conceding off the ensuing counter attack.

Plymouth:
Makes a run in behind and is found by Vyner tries to dink the keeper but is saved.

Leicester:
Half-volleyed decent chance hit at goalkeeper.

Watford:
Misses a decent chance on his left-foot.
Scores a header off a saved-shot.
Delivers a great corner onto Knights head but its somehow saved by Hamer.

WBA: 
Substitute appearance didn't do much of note.

Stoke:
Lets it run to Conway who then plays it back to him who scores but is offside.
Gets a bit lucky but it bounces to him on his preferred foot with plenty of space but shot is saved. Should score.
Goes close with a volley but shot goes just wide.

Stats:
Dispossessed 1.24 times per 90
2.23 chances created per 90 (Highest on our team)
xA + xG per 90 = 0.45 per 90 (2nd Highest on our team behind Wells)
Average rating by Whoscored: 6.89 3rd highest behind Dickie and Naismith. (Doesn't mean much really).

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cidercity said:

I will have to go with your knowledge of the person saying we haven’t changed our offer and keep going back in with exactly the same one. That to me is madness if true, in negotiations you do not show you’re cards first time round.

Tbf we didn’t show our cards in the first hand; we basically walked in and bellowed “Got the king of spades here lads” when we made all the media proclamations about how we wanted the player even though he had an indifferent at best loan spell.

Again, basics. If you’re Burnley and you know we’re desperate for the player, and you don’t need the money, what incentive is there for you to move your position?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, City Slicker said:

Of course you would like to get everything done early, but Twine is used to the squad isn't he, so who would be unsettled? 

The formation is neither here nor there and Twine has played in a 3421 before. Even @Davefevs has said himself that formations don't even matter, as they're fluid anyway dependent on the players. So I'm unsure why this is now relevant? I would agree that playing in the number 10 role you do need have an understanding of what the players in front of you are likely to do, and what runs they like to make. Do they like ball to feet or played a yard in front, but thats not the end of the world and won't take long at all to learn. It really is a tiny issue in the grand scale of things. 

It’s the roles, the combos, the pairings, the positions those combos take place in, against the composition of the structure of an opposition defence in those areas of the pitch.  He’ll have to understand the out of possesion stuff too.

All I’m saying is he’s unlikely to hit his straps straight off the bat., I didn’t say he couldn’t get in-sync / up to speed, just that he won’t be ready on day one  He’s not even here yet either!

32 minutes ago, cidercity said:

I will have to go with your knowledge of the person saying we haven’t changed our offer and keep going back in with exactly the same one. That to me is madness if true, in negotiations you do not show you’re cards first time round.

No, we haven’t changed our offer in ages.  We initially went in lower!!!  Lower than we went in January too!!!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the roles, the combos, the pairings, the positions those combos take place in, against the composition of the structure of an opposition defence in those areas of the pitch.  He’ll have to understand the out of possesion stuff too.

All I’m saying is he’s unlikely to hit his straps straight off the bat., I didn’t say he couldn’t get in-sync / up to speed, just that he won’t be ready on day one  He’s not even here yet either!

No, we haven’t changed our offer in ages.  We initially went in lower!!!  Lower than we went in January too!!!

More than that, anyone who's played even the most basic of standards of football in an attacking position will tell you that the type of (cliché alert) "telepathic understanding" required to be a good partnership/unit takes a while to really bed in. It will be especially difficult for anyone playing with Sinclair Armstrong (Who for my money is the man in possession of the shirt going into the season) as his runs are very instinctive and often bely logic or what a coach would be designing through drills. 

There is a reason why attacking players are paid the most money and cost the most money. It is because what they do is the hardest job in the sport and being good at it requires near perfect timing, communication and instinct. Dismissing that as easy to pick up reveals a total misunderstanding of what it is to be a good attacking unit. 

Frankly, even with a fairly consistent period of playing alongside Tommy and Wells at the end of last season Twine did not show that he had built anything close to a rapport with them. That's because it takes time and effort on the training pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobBobBobbin said:

There is a reason why attacking players are paid the most money and cost the most money. It is because what they do is the hardest job in the sport and being good at it requires near perfect timing, communication and instinct. Dismissing that as easy to pick up reveals a total misunderstanding of what it is to be a good attacking unit. 

Although...Wages are something 3lse but strikers leaving the Championship for big money e.g. has become more valuable in 5he last few years.

Sememyo- £10mish

Souttar- £15m

Same window.

I don't disagree with you btw, just saying post Covid Championship sales seem a bit all over the place in respect of cost and position. Fees wise anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although...Wages are something 3lse but strikers leaving the Championship for big money e.g. has become more valuable in 5he last few years.

Sememyo- £10mish

Souttar- £15m

Same window.

I don't disagree with you btw, just saying post Covid Championship sales seem a bit all over the place in respect of cost and position. Fees wise anyway.

True, but Semenyo was towards the end of his contract and we've probably given him assurances re: acceptable fee. How long did Souttar have on his contract? Leicester were in a relegation dogfight and desperate? All factors that need to be considered. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

True, but Semenyo was towards the end of his contract and we've probably given him assurances re: acceptable fee. How long did Souttar have on his contract? Leicester were in a relegation dogfight and desperate? All factors that need to be considered. 

Yes agreed although there was was a chance that Stoke needed to sell by the end of January with reasons a factor too.

Souttar had longer for sure. Sememyo had 18 months iirc.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes agreed although there was was a chance that Stoke needed to sell by the end of January with reasons a factor too.

Souttar had longer for sure. Sememyo had 18 months iirc.

to be fair, we were in the same place re: FFP. The Semenyo sale was the difference between points deductions or not, as I recall?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

to be fair, we were in the same place re: FFP. The Semenyo sale was the difference between points deductions or not, as I recall?

Yes us and Stoke quite possibly.

£10m was fine in the circs, Souttar perhaps hasn't been worth the money but more fool Leicester.

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I want this to happen, not just because I rate Twine as a player, but it will upset my Swindon friends who have raved about Twine for years.

Pretty sure I had a Swindon fan arguing that Ben Gladwin was a better player than Alex Scott. 

a special town full of smart people. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, City Slicker said:

Also, Twine as done a pre-season. He knows the squad, manager, staff, tactics etc etc, so that's all a bit irrelevant and actually adds more weight on why we should wait for Twine. 

What if we win all the games while we wait for Twine ? Do we then just put him straight into the side as he appears to be the new messiah 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Pretty sure I had a Swindon fan arguing that Ben Gladwin was a better player than Alex Scott. 

a special town full of smart people. 

I've heard it all over the years from them lot and that does not surprise me one bit. 

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Interesting this comes just a short time after spending some time with LM. 

Haha, good point but the two are not connected!

Edited by Ron W
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Interesting this comes just a short time after spending some time with LM. 

Well it's nice of him to summarise this whole thread in one post, but prefacing it with the word NEW! is rather novel. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Those stats show how ineffective Conway is for this team. Take away the pens and a couple of stray back passes he latched onto and it really isn’t going to be much of a miss. I’d take what we can and move on! 

It actually shows if Tommy would of played more he would of scored more

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ron, not sure can call it new news! 🤣🤣🤣

It's more the timescale of believing it can happen before next weekend. The move has been on ice for a while because of Parker wanting to see him first. City are more confident than they were that something can actually be done.

Most of the noise this summer that he was ever close to moving was wide of the mark, and if/when he does join he's not the final signing they want to make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Ron W said:

It's more the timescale of believing it can happen before next weekend. The move has been on ice for a while because of Parker wanting to see him first. City are more confident than they were that something can actually be done.

Most of the noise this summer that he was ever close to moving was wide of the mark, and if/when he does join he's not the final signing they want to make.

Thanks Ron. Rumours of us keen to get a wide player, right sided. Any news on that?

7 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Thanks Ron.

I'm marching to the beat of my own drum here but do you think we are in for any more strikers ie Stansfield or prime years European? My guess would be no but..one more player plus Twine could mean anything.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Obafemi I wonder but his joining Burnley mid season wasn't very good. Likewise his Millwall loan.

Swansea he had a good record at and he is from the Southampton Academy, perhaps moving into prime years.

Dunno enough about him all told.

Hope it wasn't him that kicked a corner straight out for a throw in. He was shocking.

Just watched some Burnley preseason footage on YouTube and Twine and McNally appear quite close, always together whether it was walking off the plane or playing chess. I’m sure they’ll be quite pleased to be potentially moving to City together.

43 minutes ago, Ron W said:

That is very true.

As for being on ice because of Parker, my take is that our hierarchy have “shit their pants” (😉😉😉) as a result of Boro’s public bid.

• Haha 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ron W said:

You should have come on here claiming ITK status and pointing to your own story on SSN as your source. Even cleaner than the Hirakawa circle. Missed opportunity 😢

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Now a swap deal with Burnley for twine and obafemi would be delicious 😋 

We've already signed a strong, mobile no.9 who doesn't score enough.

Why do we need another?

What will transform us is a strong no.9 who can score 15+ goals from open play.

The owner doesn't want to pay for one - this summer. And the jury's still out on whether that's not just "this summer" but ever.  The available evidence suggests it's probably the latter.

Which leaves us taking punts on "potential".

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Why do we need another?

The owner doesn't want to pay for one - this summer. And the jury's still out on whether that's not just "this summer" but ever.  The available evidence suggests it's probably the latter.

Tammy, Kodjia, Weimann and Bobby Reid never scored 15 from open play in the championship before they did it that first time. 

15+ goals(not even open play) is something only achieved by 10 players in last years championship. All of which cost or will cost or have cost over 15m quid. 

It has nothing to do with wanting to pay for one. It has more to do with affording one under FFP rules. Our only route to finding one is having a manager that can play expansively enough to get a striker those chances. Then, identifying players with good attributes that make it realistic. Now whether or not the manager or players we have signed can do any of that, we’ll see but I don’t see how the club can be blamed for not signing a “15 goal from open play” forward when we don’t have PP. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ron W said:

Ron while we’ve got you, the swap deal talk is wide of the mark from the Bristol Live article?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Why do we need another?

Obafemi scored 12 championship goals for Swansea which is a decent return since then his progress has been distributed some what by going to burnley and just being farmed out to clubs like millwall personally I think he's a beast and only 24 years old aswell bit surprised he's not signed somewhere else been treated like shit so far by burnley the same as wells was and scott twine has been

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tammy, Kodjia, Weimann and Bobby Reid never scored 15 from open play in the championship before they did it that first time. 

15+ goals(not even open play) is something only achieved by 10 players in last years championship. All of which cost or will cost or have cost over 15m quid. 

It has nothing to do with wanting to pay for one. It has more to do with affording one under FFP rules. Our only route to finding one is having a manager that can play expansively enough to get a striker those chances. Then, identifying players with good attributes that make it realistic. Now whether or not the manager or players we have signed can do any of that, we’ll see but I don’t see how the club can be blamed for not signing a “15 goal from open play” forward when we don’t have PP. 

Yeah when you put it like that.. 

Latte-Lath wheb he went to Middlesbrough cost £4m or so though, 16 Goals, 1 of which was a penalty.

Piroe cost £10m for Leeds didn't he although he only got 14- yea I know Leeds Parachute. I've not looked through the top scorers for a while.

To be fair there is no way twine is starting ahead of Zeki Amdouni for burnley this season definitely is all alined for him to come to us worked with manning knows the club close to home etc 

29 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Ok. You fixate on a random number.

My point still stands - what will TRANSFORM us is a PROVEN goalscorer.

Is that better?

8 hours ago, cidercity said:

What’s to say Burnley haven’t reassessed our offer and counter offered and Burnley now fancy Conway but City value Conway at around £6m - £7m not only are they willing to trade Twine but also we want McNally as part of any deal 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Is that better?

Like Nahki Wells did? What did he cost as what? A 30 year old? 5m? 25k a week? It is not a feasible market for us. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah when you put it like that.. 

Latte-Lath wheb he went to Middlesbrough cost £4m or so though, 16 Goals, 1 of which was a penalty.

Piroe cost £10m for Leeds didn't he although he only got 14- yea I know Leeds Parachute. I've not looked through the top scorers for a while.

4m coming off a good season in Switzerland. We paid what? Half that for Fally? So we are in that market. 

You want to question the recruitment here, that is one thing but we are in our lane for fees and wages. NP set that up and LM and co are continuing that. So just not sure how there can be complaints about who we are signing. I can agree with scattergun. I can agree with skepticism about the new players. I can’t agree with we aren’t trying.

We compete with pretty much every club outside the premier league, and the top 6 from the other big leagues for players. Whether these players work out or not, they are the right profile in terms of age, ability, experience, price, wage and athleticism. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like Nahki Wells did? What did he cost as what? A 30 year old? 5m? 25k a week? It is not a feasible market for us. 

4m coming off a good season in Switzerland. We paid what? Half that for Fally? So we are in that market. 

You want to question the recruitment here, that is one thing but we are in our lane for fees and wages. NP set that up and LM and co are continuing that. So just not sure how there can be complaints about who we are signing. I can agree with scattergun. I can agree with skepticism about the new players. I can’t agree with we aren’t trying.

We compete with pretty much every club outside the premier league, and the top 6 from the other big leagues for players. Whether these players work out or not, they are the right profile in terms of age, ability, experience, price, wage and athleticism. 

What I want to know is what happened to only bringing in players that improve us???

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Celar QPR £2-2.5m.

Very solid record, Swiss League Age 25.

Cardiff Loan, Hertha Berlin striker- good record on loan in Belgium.

Blackburn signed Mahktar Gueye.

All unknown quantities but we shall see.

Wages a big unknown of course.

These are more prime years strikers. We are trying but I just wonder..I'd have liked us to go for e.g. Duncan McGuire.

38 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

To be fair there is no way twine is starting ahead of Zeki Amdouni for burnley this season definitely is all alined for him to come to us worked with manning knows the club close to home etc 

Are they quite the same position? Thought Amdouni was more of a striker albeit with some creative elements.

Is that better?

How are you defining a "proven" goalscorer?

Like @JoeAman08 has said, I don't think it's really possible for a club without parachute payments to buy such a player in this league.

In fairness, I can understand it if you and others have general concerns about the goal scoring records of the strikers we've brought in though. I'm a bit surprised we didn't bring in a more established option than Mayulu or Amstrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

The type of player you describe is about to be sold. He scored 9 and 10 goals in 2 injury interrupted seasons. With the right service and (maybe) Wells alongside him, 15 goals would be realistic next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Celar QPR £2-2.5m.

Very solid record, Swiss League Age 25.

Cardiff Loan, Hertha Berlin striker- good record on loan in Belgium.

Blackburn signed Mahktar Gueye.

All unknown quantities but we shall see.

Wages a big unknown of course.

These are more prime years strikers. We are trying but I just wonder..I'd have liked us to go for e.g. Duncan McGuire.

You’ve mentioned Celar at least 5 times now.

His record in Swiss football is decent but who honestly has even the first idea how good that standard is?

We have chosen to bring in a player from a comparable league in Austria & whether it is the “type” of striker or what, we clearly prefer Fally Mayulu.

I mentioned Kanga in my list at the end of last season but he’s outside our preferred age range (& only a loan), I’ve watched Gueye a fair bit & he’s a massive bloke but ungainly, to be polite. He’s also had some very unsuccessful spells, especially one in Spain. Scoring 8 in a relegated Belgian team doesn’t scream great signing to me.

We have made our bed, it is Wells, Armstrong, Mayulu, Cornick & Bell.

That includes a veteran in Nakhi & a 29 year old in Cornick, so a decent range of ages & experience.

Time will tell if that’s going to be good enough but unless we move one of these on, I doubt very much we will bring in another striker when Conway goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His record in Swiss football is decent but who honestly has even the first idea how good that standard is?

We have chosen to bring in a player from a comparable league in Austria & whether it is the “type” of striker or what, we clearly prefer Fally Mayulu.

I mentioned Kanga in my list at the end of last season but he’s outside our preferred age range (& only a loan), I’ve watched Gueye a fair bit & he’s a massive bloke but ungainly, to be polite. He’s also had some very unsuccessful spells, especially one in Spain. Scoring 8 in a relegated Belgian team doesn’t scream great signing to me.

That includes a veteran in Nakhi & a 29 year old in Cornick, so a decent range of ages & experience.

Time will tell if that’s going to be good enough but unless we move one of these on, I doubt very much we will bring in another striker when Conway goes.

He perhaps is the only one I'd want of those others I have listed.

Well yes when we factor in age range, aligned with prices and wages it does narrow the pool in fairness.

You are likely right, but Centre Back in McNally could be on the way and some suggestions that we could be looking for a Right Sided Attacking Player. Which would be odd given we have Yu.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

… does not that strike force scream to you lower mid- table, at best. 

Seems to me the rest of the playing units in the squad are pretty much sorted, with some depth too. The absence of a central goalscorer is a grave worry, yet we seem to be flailing around looking at other positions. Odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are they quite the same position? Thought Amdouni was more of a striker albeit with some creative elements.

I thought he was more if an attacking midfielder/ winger 

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

… does not that strike force scream to you lower mid- table, at best. 

Seems to me the rest of the playing units in the squad are pretty much sorted, with some depth too. The absence of a central goalscorer is a grave worry, yet we seem to be flailing around looking at other positions. Odd. 

Possibly, but we clearly believe that Mayulu & Sinclair Armstrong are the best options we could afford who were willing to join us.

There really is a dearth of good young strikers in the lower leagues, Millwall have taken a punt on Notts County’s Langstaff & he’s 27.

Thomas-Asante is now being linked with the likes of Hull & Coventry even though his goal record at Championship level is 1 in 4.

Some of our more successful goal scorers in recent times have been players having seasons that seemingly came out of nowhere (Reid, Weimann), I’m not particularly optimistic myself but can understand the strategy.

If I had to guess I’d say Sam Bell is more likely than the two we’ve signed to score consistently but as Randy Newman wrote “I’ve been wrong before”.

Be very interested to see how Seb Palmer-Houlden does at Dundee, he’s another option from January if he shines.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Possibly, but we clearly believe that Mayulu & Sinclair Armstrong are the best options we could afford who were willing to join us.

There really is a dearth of good young strikers in the lower leagues, Millwall have taken a punt on Notts County’s Langstaff & he’s 27.

Thomas-Asante is now being linked with the likes of Hull & Coventry even though his goal record at Championship level is 1 in 4.

Some of our more successful goal scorers in recent times have been players having seasons that seemingly came out of nowhere (Reid, Weimann), I’m not particularly optimistic myself but can understand the strategy.

If I had to guess I’d say Sam Bell is more likely than the two we’ve signed to score consistently but as Randy Newman wrote “I’ve been wrong before”.

Be very interested to see how Seb Palmer-Houlden does at Dundee, he’s another option from January if he shines.

One might argue that if we didn’t spend the money on positions that we are already strong in and which have Academy products that are knocking on the door, we would have more to spend on a goalscorer. 

Anyhows, no option but to trust the recruitment team who must think we have an effective goal scoring player options from that lot, which can help us challenge for the top 6. I have serious doubts myself, but as they’re the experts I’m sure they will prove me wrong.

Edited by RedRock
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Idah, Rowe?

Norwich value the former at £11m as per one report unsure about the latter. I suppose of those 2 Rowe minimum could be classed as a forward player rather than striker as such.

How old is Simms these days? I know what you mean though, there is rather a lack..we have one but he is soon leaving of course.

3 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ron while we’ve got you, the swap deal talk is wide of the mark from the Bristol Live article?

Just to turn this back into a Tommy thread momentarily (along with all the others) but as of Wednesday a swap deal wasn’t on the cards.

Checked in with a good source after the BP article went up and the latest was that Burnley weren’t front of the queue, but they’re not out of contention.

With all of these things, everyone tells you something slightly different & things are in many cases quite fluid, so situations can change quickly. But speaking to someone else this evening, I wouldn’t expect anything imminent on Tommy - so watch him holding a scarf above his head tomorrow lunchtime now.

Edited by Ron W
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Just to turn this back into a Tommy thread momentarily (along with all the others) but as of Wednesday a swap deal wasn’t on the cards.

Checked in with a good source after the BP article went up and the latest was that Burnley weren’t front of the queue, but they’re not out of contention.

With all of these things, everyone tells you something slightly different & things are in many cases quite fluid, so situations can change quickly. But speaking to someone else this evening, I wouldn’t expect anything imminent on Tommy - so watch him holding a scarf above his head tomorrow lunchtime now.

Problem for us is that if Burnley isn't Tommy's preferred choice then the price for Twine goes back to square one and Manning probably doesn't get his top target for the summer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Do you think it could go to the wire? Just over 4 weeks until the window slams shut.

If TC is here by the end of August, well that is bad financially as this next 4 weeks is our final realistic chance to get a reasonable fee.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

The type of player you describe is about to be sold. He scored 9 and 10 goals in 2 injury interrupted seasons. With the right service and (maybe) Wells alongside him, 15 goals would be realistic next season.

You never know if Wells was alongside him he might’ve scored less since Wells would’ve been on penalties :P 

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you think it could go to the wire? Just over 4 weeks until the window slams shut.

If TC is here by the end of August, well that is bad financially as this next 4 weeks is our final realistic chance to get a reasonable fee.

Honestly, really up in the air at this point. There’s interest, and a very public desire to sell. But it depends on how quickly they’re prepared to make it move.

• Thanks 1

I'm not saying it is.

Read the whole conversation.

It is way too much to read but if I missed something I apologise. My only point is our business from a pure profile, fee and wages standpoint is right where we should be. The records of the signings is concerning for sure but these are the types of signings where with some luck we uncover some hidden potential and get the goal scorer. There will mostly always be a gamble feel to our signings. With a few solid bits of business in there like Dickie, Roberts, Bird and hopefully more production from a pretty solid academy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

What I want to know is what happened to only bringing in players that improve us???

I agree with the thrust of Joe’s two earlier posts.

This bit is the big outstanding / unknown.

Imho we are about to lose our best striker. Time will tell whether we can replace him, and it’s not just goals.

Had things been different, id have liked to have seen Tommy with Sinclair.

• Like 4