IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Just being pedantic. That's great outside the ground or in the local supermarket. Not great when you're working during your last important pre season game.

im sure it might be different if it were a league game, 👍

39 minutes ago, mozo said:

Most people say that to me!

I'm just glad you said if, not when! Err...Benarous?!

@Davefevs, @Silvio Dante and also @petehinton I contradict you boys a lot, but nothing but respect for all of you. I look forward to us all celebrating promotion in 9 months time, with new signing Mebude scoring the goal that clinches the title 🤣:city:

It’s all love, brother Mozo. 

& I mean it when every fibre of my being, when I say my memory when it comes to this forum is so horrifically bad, I have no recollection what anyone says if I’ve had a sleep in between OTIB sessions.

unless that someone had £200 involved. 🤣🤣

Edited by petehinton
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We need a Saka type on the right, someone who can cut in and use that left foot or go outside. Yu for the left. 

It’s been implied we are after a right sided midfielder potentially along with a 10 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s all love, brother Mozo. 

& I mean it when every fibre of my being, when I say my memory when it comes to this forum is so horrifically bad, I have no recollection what anyone says if I’ve had a sleep in between OTIB sessions.

unless that someone had £200 involved. 🤣🤣

Oh that's a relief, because some of the things I called you were awful :whistle:

Looking forward to the new pod buddy 👏

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We need a Saka type on the right, someone who can cut in and use that left foot or go outside. Yu for the left. 

Kwame Poku is someone I think could step up, and I think fans would stand up when he got on the ball too!!

We need to wait to see Hirakawa, and even find out which side he’s gonna play.  I assume because they used the term #7, Yu will play RW.  He played right for Japan u23s, but has played left a bit more than right for Machida.

If Manning doesn’t really want to play Wells as a 10, nor play two forwards, even with Wells as a secondary striker, I’d play Mehmeti there.  He was the one creating shots or one-two’s central today when he came infield.

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

Most people say that to me!

I'm just glad you said if, not when! Err...Benarous?!

@Davefevs, @Silvio Dante and also @petehinton I contradict you boys a lot, but nothing but respect for all of you. I look forward to us all celebrating promotion in 9 months time, with new signing Mebude scoring the goal that clinches the title 🤣:city:

You just have a different side opinion. I’m surprised you think promotion will go to the last game, ye of little faith!

1 hour ago, fly in the air said:

I thought he would have been asked about transfers in the afrer match interview.

I thought this, either the post are holding back the answer or they didn’t ask, poor show if they didn’t 

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kwame Poku is someone I think could step up, and I think fans would stand up when he got on the ball too!!

We need to wait to see Hirakawa, and even find out which side he’s gonna play.  I assume because they used the term #7, Yu will play RW.  He played right for Japan u23s, but has played left a bit more than right for Machida.

If Manning doesn’t really want to play Wells as a 10, nor play two forwards, even with Wells as a secondary striker, I’d play Mehmeti there.  He was the one creating shots or one-two’s central today when he came infield.

You just have a different side opinion. I’m surprised you think promotion will go to the last game, ye of little faith!

Agreed on the above Dave. A Poku type player is what we need on top of Yu and a 10. We should be looking to play like Arsenal do, two pacy wider forwards who can invert along with a physical striker and creative midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

I thought this, either the post are holding back the answer or they didn’t ask, poor show if they didn’t 

Got the impression that Tristan’s interview was just a listen to the club interview on Twitter rather than his interview????

17 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

And Tinnion wanted it done before pre-season.  Baffling how the priority position hasn’t been filled a week before we kick off and also massively concerning that we still look like a side who will struggle to break sides down. Fasten the belts! 

Agreed. Still nothing and less than a week to the start of the season. It is hard to understand how this has been allowed to go on and on. I just wonder what Manning thinks of the backing he has received from the Lansdowns. The only player we have chased with proven quality in the Championship and we still haven't got him.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Agreed. Still nothing and less than a week to the start of the season. It is hard to understand how this has been allowed to go on and on. I just wonder what Manning thinks of the backing he has received from the Lansdowns. The only player we have chased with proven quality in the Championship and we still haven't got him.

Bird is and will prove a good addition IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bird is and will prove a good addition IMO.

Agreed, and Yu is the one that I'm really intrigued by because he looks fit and technically sound, and could better suited than Bell or Cornick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Probably because the stupid Window stays open for another 4 weeks ish - and all the teams who haven't got their No 1 choice are hanging on in hope!!

Hopefully there is a Plan B

4 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Cryptic tweet from Steve-O but the bench is still undisclosed by Burnley.

Don’t think that bloke knows anything personally tbh (tweet proves it), wouldn’t take much notice. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Don’t think that bloke knows anything personally tbh (tweet proves it), wouldn’t take much notice. 

Yeah always thought that, bit of a gap filler rather than a news breaker

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Precisely, I can’t see we are any stronger attacking wise than we were last season, which is disappointing.

I can’t see where the extra goals are going to come from that are needed to give us any chance of a higher finish than last season. 

• Like 2

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

This is Burnley's last pre-season friendly. Twine's minutes today may be a reflection of just how close Twine is (or isn't) to Burnley's starting XI this season.

In a “squad game” he’ll be a squad player.  Talking generally, his value to Burnley as a squad player in a relegated-PL team and expected to go back up, is not really comparable to his proposed role here.  And in many respects, that’s why Burnley have place their valuation of him.

City will spin it that they won’t pay more than he’s worth, yet also say he’s our no1 target.  Those two don’t align.  Burnley see through it, they owe us no favours at all.  They’ve already done one favour with a sensibly priced loan.

If Manning (as per comment to fan yesterday) is still trying to sign him, you can’t keep digging your heels in on fee.  Burnley are not desperate to sell.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

Precisely, I can’t see we are any stronger attacking wise than we were last season, which is disappointing.

I can’t see where the extra goals are going to come from that are needed to give us any chance of a higher finish than last season. 

Being stronger up front isn't necessarily about buying a lethal marksman. I think half our issue was a micture of tactical execution and technical execution, particularly in the creation of chances. We've had a summer to work on that, and the real test starts.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

Being stronger up front isn't necessarily about buying a lethal marksman. I think half our issue was a micture of tactical execution and technical execution, particularly in the creation of chances. We've had a summer to work on that, and the real test starts.

TC isn’t going to be here though is he realistically, and I can’t see the strikers we’ve brought in are better than him. So you could argue we’re actually worse off now than last season. 

of course in time they could settle in really well and push on, but short term we’re worse of imo

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

You just know the feeling of importance he’d of had as he posted that tweet 

Vision of a bloke rubbing his hands together after posting, walking away from his phone, ‘right then’ and making an egg sandwich, proper Alan Partridge…. Ian Partridge 😂 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jose said:

Neither player linked from Burnley come on……

For what it’s worth the Burnley fans not surprised no show for them as they think they are off , whether to us who knows but not surprised 

I don't understand the approach to trying  to sign Twine & having 2 punts score our goals as surely as a team we'd want to hit the ground running. 

The only way it makes (relative) sense is if we are looking to develop our strikers and their relationship with the mystical 10, the problem I have with that is if this season we do turn a player into a star is that we will sell them asap, plus we've written off another bloody season!!!!!

It's time for new hungry owners IMHO, sooner than later please.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

I just can’t understand why we haven’t secured Twine if he’s our top target and fact he was here since January. I get the Parker thing but it’s clear he isn’t going to be first choice at Burnley. Come on city, thrash out the deal, they aren’t asking for the world are they? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Nugget said:

Vision of a bloke rubbing his hands together after posting, walking away from his phone, ‘right then’ and making an egg sandwich, proper Alan Partridge…. Ian Partridge 😂 

An egg sandwich?  This is far too simple for a man of his status. I envisage him having pan-roasted pastry rolls, layered with an herbed tomato puree, a creamy blend of artisanal cheeses, and tender bites of aged salami

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

An egg sandwich?  This is far too simple for a man of his status. I envisage him having pan-roasted pastry rolls, layered with an herbed tomato puree, a creamy blend of artisanal cheeses, and tender bites of aged salami

With a crescent of crisps & a side clump of cress 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good job you aren't on masterchef, made me laugh though! 

8 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Yesterday showed that

Well that and again lack of pace out wide and players who can cut in. Dave made a good point around Poku earlier, we are crying out for an investment of the Conway funds/deal for a pacy winger (in addition to Yu) with end product. Supplemented by a number 10 and with those three in yesterdays team we may have won. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I don't understand the approach to trying  to sign Twine & having 2 punts score our goals as surely as a team we'd want to hit the ground running. 

The only way it makes (relative) sense is if we are looking to develop our strikers and their relationship with the mystical 10, the problem I have with that is if this season we do turn a player into a star is that we will sell them asap, plus we've written off another bloody season!!!!!

It's time for new hungry owners IMHO, sooner than later please.

When you say 'punts' they have actually been scouted in the same way that Knight, Bird, Tanner, Sykes, Roberts and TGH were all scouted. 

I'm not guaranteeing you they will be a success, but Mayulu and Armstrong were signed based on analysis of their attributes, not just because they look good in red.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Well that and again lack of pace out wide and players who can cut in. Dave made a good point around Poku earlier, we are crying out for an investment of the Conway funds/deal for a pacy winger (in addition to Yu) with end product. Supplemented by a number 10 and with those three in yesterdays team we may have won. 

We’ve spent some of it on Armstrong already imho!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

When you say 'punts' they have actually been scouted in the same way that Knight, Bird, Tanner, Sykes, Roberts and TGH were all scouted. 

I'm not guaranteeing you they will be a success, but Mayulu and Armstrong were signed based on analysis of their attributes, not just because they look good in red.

Glad to hear it!

• Like 1

Thought Ian’s words on FBC podcast were interesting, he said ‘you can’t negotiate with someone who doesn’t want to negotiate’. Now he meant it about Burnley with Twine’s price, but really isn’t it city…. Burnley set a price… supposedly £4m or so, City went to them earlier this summer and undoubtedly would have revealed our highest price. Well city can’t go up anymore but in theory Burnley can still come down, Burnley could easily turn around and say okay 3 or 3.5m and he’s yours, it’s city here who will then say sorry we’re at our max offer, so really ian’s words describe city more than Burnley. Burnley can’t negotiate with us because we’re at our max offer and they know it. 

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Thought Ian’s words on FBC podcast were interesting, he said ‘you can’t negotiate with someone who doesn’t want to negotiate’. Now he meant it about Burnley with Twine’s price, but really isn’t it city…. Burnley set a price… supposedly £4m or so, City went to them earlier this summer and undoubtedly would have revealed our highest price. Well city can’t go up anymore but in theory Burnley can still come down, Burnley could easily turn around and say okay 3 or 3.5m and he’s yours, it’s city here who will then say sorry we’re at our max offer, so really ian’s words describe city more than Burnley. Burnley can’t negotiate with us because we’re at our max offer and they know it. 

He came out with some corkers. 

"All want the deal to happen apart from Burnley" 

"Burnley don't want to negotiate"

"Burnley hold all the cards" 

Has he forgot that he is Burnleys player at that it's up to them if they want to sell or not and at what fee? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He came out with some corkers. 

"All want the deal to happen apart from Burnley" 

"Burnley don't want to negotiate"

"Burnley hold all the cards" 

Has he forgot that he is Burnleys player at that it's up to them if they want to sell or not and at what fee? 

I keep reading that on here i.e Twine wants to come here. Does he ? Has anyone actually heard him say that ? 

• Like 3