IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

Just now, redsquirrel said:

didnt we once agree to sell maynard to someone only for him to say 'i aint going there'?

Leicester offered, we turned down on the basis we knew Maynard would say no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ironically we'll likely spend most of our budget on Twine compared to the other two positions we're going for but I'm probably the least interested compared to the other two unknowns.

Probably partly because of the intrigue about the other targets but mostly because I'm not too sure on Twine. He's clearly Mannings man and a decent player so I'm slightly worried we might chase too long or pay over the odds. Hopefully, that's not the case and we either get the deal done at a reasonable price or move on to other targets fairly sharpish.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Ironically we'll likely spend most of our budget on Twine compared to the other two positions we're going for but I'm probably the least interested compared to the other two unknowns.

Probably partly because of the intrigue about the other targets but mostly because I'm not too sure on Twine. He's clearly Mannings man and a decent player so I'm slightly worried we might chase too long or pay over the odds. Hopefully, that's not the case and we either get the deal done at a reasonable price or move on to other targets fairly sharpish.

I’m the same.

Keen to know who in the world our no7 and no9 are gonna be…or at least who we are in for.

I don’t think TC going to the Euros has helped things though.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I have a guess list!

Totally agnostic on Twine, only major reason I would prefer we signed him is he’s so obviously Manning’s pick & it would make no sense to want my club not to sign the player the head coach badly wants.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think otib are over complicating this. . 

Ha ha. 
the only person over complicating it is you me ol mucker! 

It’s quite simple. 
Agents do all the work. 
Twine knows there is interest from us. His agent has had conversations with Burnley to politely ‘suggest’ that the move ought to happen. 

An easier way of saying that was “he’s told Burnley he wants to leave”. 

There’s no need to take it so literally and start posting reams of contract law! 

Simple summary : we’re interested, twine knows it, the agent is angling for a move. Burnley will want £x, we’ll bid £y and we might end up somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

If he stays at Burnley or goes to Sunderland I think I could accept it but if he goes to Birmingham it’d be gutting

You could see a chain of events like Rosenior going to Sunderland and the dynamic changes.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

You could see a chain of events like Rosenior going to Sunderland and the dynamic changes.

Would he want to play for Rosenior again though after he played him out of position for his loan spell at Hull?

8 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Would he want to play for Rosenior again though after he played him out of position for his loan spell at Hull?

I don’t know whether Twine thought that or not.  He played same wide position for Kompany?

If any Championship club pays £5M for Twine they are barking mad. 

Burnley holds the cards, if they want or see him as a squad player in the Championship they will not undersell him. I would guess the lowest price will be his "book" value. But they might feel he is worth more to them this season, and dump him next summer.

I am not sure why there is all the excitement, he is not a Prem player and has a limited upside if signed for a substantial fee. 

Undoubtedly, he would improve our squad, but he is another in the Palmer/Kalas mould. Good player, but not a Prem player. So we should not be spending silly money on him. 

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Undoubtedly, he would improve our squad, but he is another in the Palmer/Kalas mould. Good player, but not a Prem player. So we should not be spending silly money on him. 

Tbh Kalas had a top end Championship record at point of signing. Different case to Palmer IMO. Two promotions and two losing playoffs in 4 seasons.

Twine harder to say.

Did we see the best of Kalas? Harder to say.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
the only person over complicating it is you me ol mucker! 

It’s quite simple. 
Agents do all the work. 
Twine knows there is interest from us. His agent has had conversations with Burnley to politely ‘suggest’ that the move ought to happen. 

An easier way of saying that was “he’s told Burnley he wants to leave”. 

There’s no need to take it so literally and start posting reams of contract law! 

Simple summary : we’re interested, twine knows it, the agent is angling for a move. Burnley will want £x, we’ll bid £y and we might end up somewhere in the middle. 

Real life football is far more complicated than football manager 😉 

It was taken literally because you implied he had handed in a transfer request. I pointed out that's extremely unlikely and why it is unlikely. 

You're trying to once again save face. 

I think your desperation for Twine to join us is making you over look some important factors. 

He was ok here. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think he showed much desire 😉

• Confused 3
  • Facepalm 4

Okay, I found this all very interesting, so I asked one of my mates last night, who is still playing non league at 39, because he technically can't afford to retire. He  played  league one, and league two most of his career, and has had more clubs than Nick Faldo! 

I asked him about contract breaches etc.

He told me, when he was sold by a club, they have to pay up your contract, as they terminating your contract by selling you. This is often factored into a fee paid, but the selling club, does have to honour your contract. The caveat to this, is if you accept a contract on higher terms than you were on, the club may have a clause they do not need to pay you out. 

He also said, he once requested a transfer and all it done, was meant that when he was sold, he was not permitted to any contract compensation, but there was no penalties on him, whilst he still played for that club.

He also said, that a transfer request with most clubs is done for one window, and can be retracted if still at the club at the end of that window. 

He's also never really had an agent as didn't need one, but said, this is something these days they would deal with and the players would probably never even know about it. He said it is rare that players and clubs actually sit down and talk, legalities are handled by agents and club reps, most of the time, the player and the manager are the last ones to know. 

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Real life football is far more complicated than football manager 😉 

It was taken literally because you implied he had handed in a transfer request. I pointed out that's extremely unlikely and why it is unlikely. 

You're trying to once again save face. 

I think your desperation for Twine to join us is making you over look some important factors. 

He was ok here. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think he showed much desire 😉

Ha ha. I certainly never implied that he’d handed in a transfer request. Just that he’s keen to leave. Very different things. 

As for “my desperation” to sign Twine. 
I’ve made it quite clear. Anything over £250k is money we didn’t need to spend, so I’m certainly not desperate for us to part with millions!! 

As for “desire”. If any of our other readers aren’t aware, that’s a dig at what I said about Conway. Although I didn’t say he lacked desire, I said in some games he got easily bullied and needed to show more desire (not lack, just improve). But of course bird brain misunderstood, as usual. 
Like a 🐕 with a 🦴 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Okay, I found this all very interesting, so I asked one of my mates last night, who is still playing non league at 39, because he technically can't afford to retire. He  played  league one, and league two most of his career, and has had more clubs than Nick Faldo! 

I asked him about contract breaches etc.

He told me, when he was sold by a club, they have to pay up your contract, as they terminating your contract by selling you. This is often factored into a fee paid, but the selling club, does have to honour your contract. The caveat to this, is if you accept a contract on higher terms than you were on, the club may have a clause they do not need to pay you out. 

He also said, he once requested a transfer and all it done, was meant that when he was sold, he was not permitted to any contract compensation, but there was no penalties on him, whilst he still played for that club.

He also said, that a transfer request with most clubs is done for one window, and can be retracted if still at the club at the end of that window. 

He's also never really had an agent as didn't need one, but said, this is something these days they would deal with and the players would probably never even know about it. He said it is rare that players and clubs actually sit down and talk, legalities are handled by agents and club reps, most of the time, the player and the manager are the last ones to know. 

I don’t believe that is the usual case these days.  It used to be way, way back, but the modern-day “transfer fee” took its place.

Historically all you’d need to do to buy Joe Bloggs on £10k p.a with a year left on his contract was pay the other club £10k so they could pay buy out / end Joe’s contract.

That obviously gave the Joe’s club no security, nor was there any money to be made from losing your star player - and the use of transfer fees over time kinda replaced it, as not being the compensation for the player’s contract, but compensation to the selling club.

Of course, no club can force a player to leave, nor can they force a player to leave and sign for a club offering less money either.  On the flip side, no club has to sell either, so lots of mutual agreements come into play.  In those cases the player may mutually agree how his contract is terminated at the time of the transfer, e.g. Joe Bloggs is moving to a Lg1 club on £7k p.a…selling club might pay him some or all of the £3k difference, and if Bloggs is signing a 3 year deal, the mutually agreed amount might be less (or £0) because Joe has a guaranteed extra 2 years.  If Joe is going to a club on twice the money, he may agree to terminate at the point of transfer.

As has been discussed earlier in this thread when a player requests to leave (hands in a transfer request is tye common parlance for fans) then he loses entitlement to certain contract bonuses, ie ones that he would’ve got for seeing out his contract annually or end of contract.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_(association_football)#:~:text=When a player moves from,agreed on the personal terms).

Edited by Davefevs

38 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burnley-player-should-prioritise-birmingham-city-over-sunderland-and-bristol-city-view/

Some lazy journalism on show here, stating that conways loan didn't go well not mentioning that injury was reason for lack of game time.

There is no basis for any of the 'facts' on that article. I assume it was written by a Birmingham supporter.

Awful piece of journalism.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Liam Roseiner due an interview at Burnley this week after turning Sunderland down. If appointed, Twine saga may take a turn again! 

Let's hope Liam Rosenior doesn't get an interview as well then.  🤣

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Liam Roseiner due an interview at Burnley this week after turning Sunderland down. If appointed, Twine saga may take a turn again! 

As Ian G thinks the other 10 targets we have are very good players I am actually a bit more excited to see someone new. Twine was ok, nothing special. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

As Ian G thinks the other 10 targets we have are very good players I am actually a bit more excited to see someone new. Twine was ok, nothing special. 

Tinnion is hardly gonna say the alternatives are shit, is he?

Despite being proper ITK nowadays, Ian has yet to consider whether he’s being fed the whole truth or not.  Fair play to him for cultivating that relationship.

But, any critical thinking he used to apply to City has gone out the window.  For him to suggest SL is no longer making decisions (on the back of Piercy’s article suggesting otherwise) proves that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Does Liam Rosenior fail upwards somewhat?

I know the push for the play-offs was a total disaster, but did he really fail at Hull?

It's difficult to judge when the owners expectations are very short term.

He'll have a couple more shots left at least I reckon before he ends up in Lee Johnson territory.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I know the push for the play-offs was a total disaster, but did he really fail at Hull?

It's difficult to judge when the owners expectations are very short term.

He'll have a couple more shots left at least I reckon before he ends up in Lee Johnson territory.

I'm on the fence in respect of Rosenior. There is no doubt that as I said a while ago that Acun Ilicali is, was a man in a hurry.

Derby it could be argued he didn't do a lot wrong.. new owner, otoh Warne took them up so vindication?

Sunderland could be a bit of a plum job for someone though, albeit the big unknown is if they would tweak their strategy..Burnley in theory could be a plum job and definitely Parachure bolstered a step up from Hull but the lack of owner input a downside and less of a position of strength odd pitch than summer 2022.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

As Ian G thinks the other 10 targets we have are very good players

But he's not going to say anything else! Nor is the person feeding him that info.

I can't think of a single reason to take comments like that seriously. And certainly not coming from this particular person.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm on the fence in respect of Rosenior. There is no doubt that as I said a while ago that Acun Ilicali is, was a man in a hurry.

Derby it could be argued he didn't do a lot wrong.. new owner, otoh Warne took them up so vindication?

Sunderland could be a bit of a plum job for someone though, albeit the big unknown is if they would tweak their strategy..Burnley in theory could be a plum job and definitely Parachure bolstered a step up from Hull but the lack of owner input a downside and less of a position of strength odd pitch than summer 2022.

I like Rosenior generally.  His team can play attractive football, albeit a fair bit of sideways and back.  They always look poorly organised at the back though.

And I think he comes across a bit “hard done by” too often.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, assume (if true) this is the no10?

I think so. I was told that twine was actually the ‘7’ but I believe that was actually a slip of the tongue from tins, as he wore 7 last yr. Believe he is the 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

I think so. I was told that twine was actually the ‘7’ but I believe that was actually a slip of the tongue from tins, as he wore 7 last yr. Believe he is the 10.

Welcome back to the forum Mr Gay 🤣

38 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Blimey

1 hour ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Hilarious if true. Utter nonsense

1 hour ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Can strongly confirm I am not Ian Gay

That’s what Ian Gay would say so this means you must be him 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Personally I'd be shocked if Tinnion got his numbers wrong. That's not like him at all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Not sure how I feel about this one. Yes a decent enough player, but for the money, I’m not sure it’s value for money.

Kalas springs to mind.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not sure how I feel about this one. Yes a decent enough player, but for the money, I’m not sure it’s value for money.

Kalas springs to mind.

You can't really say that yet, if true we don't even know the figure.

Trust me, I've mentioned plenty of times we should move on if too much but should see in reports first.

53 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Kalas springs to mind.

Financials between this deal & Kalas would be worlds apart, tbf 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

And that's bugger all Major! 😉

As Socrates said “True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing ”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This Tinnion interview with the fans hasn’t worked really has it. Just caused more disruption than it’s worth. 

Well when BT tells the fans “We’re really close to a 7, That’s probably the closest one, which we’re really hopeful of getting over the line in the next couple of days”  that was 14 days ago so how can anyone believe a thing the guy tells us in the future  Perhaps BT really believed a deal for a player was that close but he was naive mentioning anything until it was a done deal .

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Well when BT tells the fans We’re really close to a 7, That’s probably the closest one, which we’re really hopeful of getting over the line in the next couple of days”  that was 14 days ago so how can anyone believe a thing the guy tells us in the future  Perhaps BT really believed a deal for a player was that close but he was naive mentioning anything until it was a done deal .

The key words in the sentence. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Well when BT tells the fans “We’re really close to a 7, That’s probably the closest one, which we’re really hopeful of getting over the line in the next couple of days”  that was 14 days ago so how can anyone believe a thing the guy tells us in the future  Perhaps BT really believed a deal for a player was that close but he was naive mentioning anything until it was a done deal .

Naive, I’d agree. But there’s no evidence to disbelieve him, all of that may have been the case.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The key words in the sentence. 

"We have identified our targets and we're hoping to get the deals done early. It's not always as simple as that, but we're working hard to get the deals done." - it was that simple.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Naive, I’d agree. But there’s no evidence to disbelieve him, all of that may have been the case.

I agree id, I'm planning to win X-Lotto here in Oz this week, but I won't announce it until I have. I completely understand your thoughts though :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, 0606 said:

Maybe it is done and dusted just cannot be announced yet - due to specific release clause ;)

So like i said why say anything until its over the line and we can announce it. He could have been a bit more professional and said when we have any news you'll be the first to hear

Edited by westonred
  • Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, 0606 said:

I think it is over the line - that’s the point. However he did make out an announcement was imminent which wasn’t ever going to be the case.

Possibly waiting to get them in the area for the photo's?

New training kit is close, so perfect time to announce both