IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This is why I can't stand the bloke he's a belter he is seriously in the wrong game if he thinks he is going to get returns on his money owning a football club is just what billionaires do so they don't get bored playing golf all the time.

I dunno about Returns or if he is just trying to minimise his losses. I suspect the latter.

If you mean Returns post a Sale etc then yes I agree, it's for the birds.

40 minutes ago, marmite said:

If Ashton was still here we would have had Twine here by now for about 5mil and Conway would have been sold for about 8mil.

We're fiddling around while the season's about to start. 

Same old City. Same shit-different year.

Totally agree with this, can say loads about Ashton but he got stuff done, this shower we’ve currently got in place is ridiculous 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, marmite said:

If Ashton was still here we would have had Twine here by now for about 5mil and Conway would have been sold for about 8mil.

We're fiddling around while the season's about to start. 

Same old City. Same shit-different year.

Except that with Ashton it was different shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bpexile said:

But still wants us in the EPL. A tough ask !!

IMHO he wants to keep City in the championship by doing so as cheaply as possible. 

Keep us here until he can finder a buyer, which will be easier & make us more attractive than it would di if we were back in league 1.

If we were looking at pushing on we'd have signed Twine ages ago and our strikers wouldn't be punts they'd have been established and seasoned.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

He will miraculously start to play better than he did last season.

No. I hope he'd continue to be a threat from set pieces and deliver moments of creativity in open play...and be, like anyone, at full fitness so able to do that unlike many of the games be played for us last year.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

But it's not 3 weeks, is it? It's months.

And on what basis are we assuming that we save £1m by waiting 3 weeks? Burnley don't want or need to sell Twine. We do want him - very clearly. Surely, as we approach deadline day, it's City that get more desperate and hold a weaker negotiating position, not Burnley.

If Twine comes on and smashes one in the top corner for Burnley then that will either add to his price or Parker keeps him. 

The club ambition or some of the top brass anyway would be getting Champagne on a Lemonade budget.

Or weighted for football, decent Wine on a budget more akin to BabySham or something.

Midtable or Middle Third budget, catch the magic in a bottle- hit the Playoffs, win them.

1 hour ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

If we do sign Twine, I wonder how many people actually think he will miraculously start to play better than he did last season.

Really cannot see it myself, but would of course be very happy to be wrong.

Did you miss the fact performance & results were better with Twine in the team? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Did you miss the fact performance & results were better with Twine in the team? 

Performances weren't any better, that's a myth. Max saved us from a drubbing at Sunderland, Vardy missed sitters for Leicester, Huddersfield we got the worst penalty decision I can ever remember to draw at home. Plymouth was a 50/50 game that we scraped through...it was exactly the same, apart from some luck.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

If we do sign Twine, I wonder how many people actually think he will miraculously start to play better than he did last season.

Really cannot see it myself, but would of course be very happy to be wrong.

I am really not convinced that he will be the magnificent creator of goals which is how I believe that LM does. Yes LM is a professional coach but I’ve been watching football for approx 75 years. I’ve seen the top quality internationals who make it look so easy, the top league pros but Twine made no impression at all.

If he comes here, I hope I am talking through my anus!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Performances weren't any better, that's a myth. Max saved us from a drubbing at Sunderland, Vardy missed sitters for Leicester, Huddersfield we got the worst penalty decision I can ever remember to draw at home. Plymouth was a 50/50 game that we scraped through...it was exactly the same, apart from some luck.

....and let's not forget Stoke

29 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Ok, respect your opinion, but let’s look at it another way - we were even worse while he was injured.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I am really not convinced that he will be the magnificent creator of goals which is how I believe that LM does. Yes LM is a professional coach but I’ve been watching football for approx 75 years. I’ve seen the top quality internationals who make it look so easy, the top league pros but Twine made no impression at all.

If we get Twine, it will be because he has been considered not good enough by Burnley. Do we really want a rival’s reject?

I agree that if he does come, we will want him to do well but I reckon Parker knows a decent midfielder when he sees one. He was pretty decent himself at a slightly higher level than Leiston Town. 

• Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

If we get Twine, it will be because he has been considered not good enough by Burnley. Do we really want a rival’s reject?

I agree that if he does come, we will want him to do well but I reckon Parker knows a decent midfielder when he sees one. He was pretty decent himself at a slightly higher level than Leiston Town. 

There are rivals and rivals though.

Burnley have an enormous financial advantage, varied players signed in the PL, this summer, their prior Promotion campaign and PL before that e.g. Brownhill.

7 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

It’s where we are in the food chain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Oh, come on.

Scott Twine is a good player, but he's no Jeff Dunham 😉.

16 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

The first paragraph is fair enough, but the second paragraph isn’t. We all know Liam didn’t play at a high level, and the jury is still very much out on him as a coach - including on this signing, but the level he played at has no bearing on whether he can judge a player.

I’d wager he’s played at a higher level than anyone on this forum but we all see fit to critique his decisions. Judge him on what he does as a coach not on his playing career - football is littered with top level players who didn’t make great managers as well as the opposite.

Bugger me I’m defending Liam. I’ve had too much sun…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion apparently reposted someone’s X post on how fuming they will be if we sign Dack over Twine….unless he’s done it in error. 

He did something similar just before Joe Williams signed his new deal and then deleted it, something about excreting up walls I think that one was about 😂

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion apparently reposted someone’s X post on how fuming they will be if we sign Dack over Twine….unless he’s done it in error. 

Indeed - I posted it on the Dack thread. Here it is…

Again, just ridiculously unprofessional. He’s reposting a fan saying they’ll be ******* fuming to his direct boss 

Can you imagine doing that to your boss in your workplace? 

All he had to do if he needed to comment (he didn’t) was to say there was no truth in the rumours, even let Piercy cite him. It’s not difficult.

IMG_3627.jpeg

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Again, just ridiculously unprofessional. He’s reposting a fan saying they’ll be fuming to his direct boss 

All he had to do if he needed to comment (he didn’t) was to say there was no truth in the rumours, even let Piercy cite him. It’s not difficult.

IMG_3627.jpeg

Absolutely.

What an unprofessional embarrassment he is.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows we aren’t signing Dack, there’s no need whatsoever for our effective Director of Football to get involved.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 7
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

For those demanding action from SL, bear in mind the fella has just lost his mum so I wouldn't have thought his mind is particularly on BCFC at the moment.

Did he check under the sofa?

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 3

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The first paragraph is fair enough, but the second paragraph isn’t. We all know Liam didn’t play at a high level, and the jury is still very much out on him as a coach - including on this signing, but the level he played at has no bearing on whether he can judge a player.

I’d wager he’s played at a higher level than anyone on this forum but we all see fit to critique his decisions. Judge him on what he does as a coach not on his playing career - football is littered with top level players who didn’t make great managers as well as the opposite.

Bugger me I’m defending Liam. I’ve had too much sun…

I wasn’t criticising anyone. Just saying that we’d only get Twine as sloppy seconds if Parker didn’t rate him. 
I agree with the ‘littered’ bit. As for the opposite you are right: Wenger for one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

Confused to what this repost means. He’s fuming the board won’t release funds for twine? Or just winding up the fans saying twine is joining?

Or he’s a danger who shouldn’t let be anywhere near Twitter? If it’s the first of your options keep it in house - particularly when JLs grandmother has just died. If it’s the second it’s grossly unprofessional.

Again, how many more times? This is what people who defend him don’t get. It’s not the impact of one incident, it’s the shitting the bed publicly every other week.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

For those demanding action from SL, bear in mind the fella has just lost his mum so I wouldn't have thought his mind is particularly on BCFC at the moment.

Thats sad news but no offence to him that's why you employed a proper CEO to handle all this so steve doesn't have to.

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Probably should delete that mate. All for criticising the way the Lansdowns run the club but joking over someone who’s lost a parent isn’t really on.

What 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

With all due respect Silvio El Dante @Silvio Dante , I wasn’t joking about his mum dying, was I. I was making a joke at the way the sentence was worded. There’s a bit of a difference really so let’s not go there. 

Edited by RedEyez

39 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

I can assure you my friend we will not be rivaling burnley this season 😂

37 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

What 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

With all due respect Silvio El Dante @Silvio Dante , I wasn’t joking about his mum dying, was I. I was making a joke at the way the sentence was worded. There’s a bit of a difference really so let’s not go there. 

It makes your eyes go red just thinking about it!

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

What an unprofessional embarrassment he is.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows we aren’t signing Dack, there’s no need whatsoever for our effective Director of Football to get involved.

Sums him up ‘ absolute embarrassment.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Sums him up ‘ absolute embarrassment.

when you listen to Jon, then see BT acting this way, you can see why the brains at the top of the club think BT is the clever one because they understand everything he  is doing/saying.  they are just a match made in heaven

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand why Tinnion is so unprofessional. Why do that sort of thing then delete it? He’s done it far too many times now aka the club should act on it. This is the league below the PL, not Forest Green, who wanted him a few years ago. Says it all 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stortfordred said:

Cov took two of our players. They aren't doing to badly from it. OTOH Twine not a player a 'top-sixer' is looking to sign.

I don't care either way, but if we need a 10, just make sure we sign a decent one soon, and at a reasonable price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Or he’s a danger who shouldn’t let be anywhere near Twitter? If it’s the first of your options keep it in house - particularly when JLs grandmother has just died. If it’s the second it’s grossly unprofessional.

Again, how many more times? This is what people who defend him don’t get. It’s not the impact of one incident, it’s the shitting the bed publicly every other week.

BT makes so many public ricks and mis steps he could run for the Us presidency !

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Again, just ridiculously unprofessional. He’s reposting a fan saying they’ll be ******* fuming to his direct boss 

IMG_3627.jpeg

******* hell

as I said the other day. I wasn’t joking when I said Sheridan’s biggest problem to solve is him. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

******* hell

as I said the other day. I wasn’t joking when I said Sheridan’s biggest problem to solve is him. 

Sorry, but as a non Twitter/X user (a fact that I am increasingly more thankful for everyday), what does "retweeting" signify? Is he saying he agrees with it, just wants to draw attention to it? I obviously don't understand the protocols here. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, but as a non Twitter/X user (a fact that I am increasingly more thankful for everyday), what does "retweeting" signify? Is he saying he agrees with it, just wants to draw attention to it? I obviously don't understand the protocols here. 

To repost/retweet can often, but doesn't always signify endorsement and agreement.

At the very least it would amplify it to a wider audience..I assume Tinnion has more followers than the Person who made the post that he Retweeted.

Possibly he meant to Like the Post as Likes are now invisible on WhatsApp but he's inscrutable tbh. Who knows what his mindset was with the RT.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To repost/retweet can often, but doesn't always signify endorsement and agreement.

At the very least it would amplify it to a wider audience..I assume Tinnion has more followers than the Person who made the post that he Retweeted.

Possibly he meant to Like the Post as Likes are now invisible on WhatsApp but he's inscrutable tbh. Who knows what his mindset was with the RT.

I don’t think it’s accidental at all. Likes you can do by mistake, but RT’s come up with a secondary “do you want to RT or quote this” so borderline impossible to not do consciously. 

Maybe he thought it was funny? Either way, ******* embarrassing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, petehinton said:

I don’t think it’s accidental at all. Likes you can do by mistake, but RT’s come up with a secondary “do you want to RT or quote this” so borderline impossible to not do consciously. 

Maybe he thought it was funny? Either way, ******* embarrassing. 

What I mean is, perhaps BT hit the wrong button on his phone or something who knows. The Like instead of RT?

It shouldn't be happening though.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

******* hell

Agree. It was all a bit fun when he was just involved in the academy & retweeting things have a light hearted dig at rovers. How he doesn’t realise it’s very unprofessional using social media like this now is unreal really . Hopefully Sheridan can persuade him to come off Twitter completely . It reflects poorly on the club . 

• Like 3

3 At the back. When we've been planning all pre season or chunks of pre season for 4.

When some of the Youth sides play 4-3-3 or variations if.

Without specific personnel, you can really have a back 3 slip into a back 5..key outlets negated.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Posted (edited)

Twine has been given the number 11 shirt read into that what you will and apparently parker absolutely loved him. Manning days we aren't close to any more signings and we just need to " wait and see what may happen " 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Thanks 1