IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

26 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And if we do that but Tommy picks up a season ending or a career ending injury before his deal can go through?

if he isnt playing,its pretty long odds  surely just having a kick about with the 21s.  unless he drops a big barbeque or something on his foot.

he wants away so is in his best interests to look after himself

33 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

And worth remembering, Plymouth were awful, Wednesday barely got out if 2nd gear,

Bannon is a great player but he is aging as well

If you play v Wednesday then you just put a midfielder on Bannan and mark him out of the game. He can still run a game if you allow him time & space 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

if he isnt playing,its pretty long odds  surely just having a kick about with the 21s.  unless he drops a big barbeque or something on his foot.

he wants away so is in his best interests to look after himself

True although the number of injuries we pick up in training would tell us otherwise,

But it's what the club have to consider, if we only value the player at 2.5 million then we are absolutely right not to go beyond that,

If we did what does that tell other clubs? Oh city they are desperate, we can add a few mil and they pay it,

Twine isn't the be all and end all,

Cheer up!

I posted this before but on the wrong thread...

Were be young Twineee to 

I know where he be

He be up in Burnleee

And we be after ee 

Now they say aye

And he says aye

Buggered if we don't sign im 

With a great free kick and some nice through balls 

Twineee I'll have ee 

La la etc

Apologies to the Wurzels 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not slating them, I'm just conflicted..some of the increased comms is due to the EFL Action Plan.

My point is that all fans are important but otoh Podcasts are an increasingly used and important medium.

Don’t watch the Leeds versions then with Angus Kinnear I’m worried you’ll have a heart attack.

3 minutes ago, Saborios Socks said:

Don’t watch the Leeds versions then with Angus Kinnear I’m worried you’ll have a heart attack.

Is it in the wider interests of the club and fans?

I'd say yes and no. That isn't a slight on the Podcasters but they must retain their independence and vigorous debate/questioning.

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

True although the number of injuries we pick up in training would tell us otherwise,

But it's what the club have to consider, if we only value the player at 2.5 million then we are absolutely right not to go beyond that,

If we did what does that tell other clubs? Oh city they are desperate, we can add a few mil and they pay it,

Twine isn't the be all and end all,

no he isnt and i do appreciate what you say about the price but thats what we value him at and not burnley. personally, i think with twines age/experience and length of contract left would align him more with their valuation considering what we want for conway, but, thats only my opinion and tbh, im not that in line with players values like some on here.👍

i do think the club owe manning this one transfer as he has said since january that he is the one man he really wants

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, INCRED said:

If you play v Wednesday then you just put a midfielder on Bannan and mark him out of the game. He can still run a game if you allow him time & space 

Something we've never learned to do.

34 minutes ago, italian dave said:

We’re on the final lap of the countdown to page 100.

100 pages on a player we’ve not signed, and another 100 on a player who hasn’t left!!

Roll on Saturday! 

Don't forget the 50 plus pages in January before and after he signed on loan. This must be a record even by Nketiah standards for a player that isn't ours.

• Like 1

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Waiting for meltdown on here when Twine is in Burnley’s squad for their game at Luton tonight 😂

Half expecting it but doesn't mean not happening, still their player. If he isn't in the squad it's prob closer than we think, if he comes off the bench and gets injured, it would be the most Bristol City thing!

• Like 2

The problem with SL is that he has no happy medium.

He either throws money around stupidly and freely or he turns the taps off (FFP dictating aside).

If e.g. Twine costs £4m

*4 year deal

*£15-18k week.

£1.78-1.9m per year.

Haven't bothered with Agents Fees or Signing on Fees etc. Just the basics.

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Waiting for meltdown on here when Twine is in Burnley’s squad for their game at Luton tonight 😂

Probably will be as they were poor in their last pre season game.

17 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Yes almost certainly will be but means nothing tbh, how many players in squads on Saturday will leave before the deadline, quite a few I’m sure , so please  think before melting 😳

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Was Cundle the stocky lad who played and scored against us for Stoke in the final game last season?

Fine player if it was him.

He played an absolute blinder against us. But, he's a real good player would love him here.

44 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

So I would imagine we are looking at the likes of the following on our Plan B,C,D etc 

Luke Cundle

Joel Randall

Andrew Moran

Mickey Johnston

John Swift

Ben Doak 

Kwame Poku

I think Ben Doak, Kwame Poku, Mickey Johnston are all very unlikely and I'm not even sure if these players are really number 10s. All three strike me as more wingers than attacking midfielders.

Other than I think out of those:

1. Andrew Moran

2. Luke Cundle

3. Joel Randall

Would be my list personally. Although, I think I'd rather have Twine than any of them. Even if it means waiting late on into the window.

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I find it laughable they say stuff like “can’t go all in on one individual and miss out on others”. We couldn’t be going more all in on one if we tried. 

Maybe it's just me (it usually is), but I read that as Manning saying "it's not me that's making the club go all out for Twine". He seems to be saying that he is his first choice, but he would be just as happy with a couple of the other targets.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe it's just me (it usually is), but I read that as Manning saying "it's not me that's making the club go all out for Twine". He seems to be saying that he is his first choice, but he would be just as happy with a couple of the other targets.

I think he’s absolutely Manning’s numero uno, and we don’t move onto another target until we’ve  properly properly had enough imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think he’s absolutely Manning’s numero uno, and we don’t move onto another target until we’ve  properly properly had enough imo

Unlucky Pete, another couple of "properly"s and you might have got us on to page 100... :)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Tomlin moved more than Twine, especially when on the ball in my opinion. Might get pelters for that but don't think Twine is as good as Tomlin was for us (comparing both loan spells)

I don't see Twine screaming profanities at the head coach during a game or purposely hitting the crossbar with a pen if he signs perm.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't see Twine screaming profanities at the head coach during a game or purposely hitting the crossbar with a pen if he signs perm.

Of course their attitudes are different but I see two players who play have similar styles of playing.

They both score some good quality goals and provide decent set piece delivery.

They both can see decent through ball passes on to runners.

They both are physically weaker and getting bullied off the ball and also aren't quick, it is very rarely they run past opposition players.

I expect we will get him in and change to the wingbacks with Twine on the wide left, which I didn't like at all last season. That's my worry.

I don't think Twine has got the attributes to play in behind a striker on his own, hope to be wrong but I think the first games he's in we'll change from back 4 to what we saw last season.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Why would Burnley not put him in their squad tonight?

Surely they would want us, or anyone else interested, to know that if no one is going to meet their valuation then they’re happy enough to just keep him. 
Suggesting anything else weakens their hand. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why would Burnley not put him in their squad tonight?

Surely they would want us, or anyone else interested, to know that if no one is going to meet their valuation then they’re happy enough to just keep him. 
Suggesting anything else weakens their hand. 

Or if he is NOT in the squad! 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure what to make of the whole Club officials etc meeting Podcasters tbh.

The Podcasters are great- they do take time out, all of them but all fans are important. I'm not wording it very well but I'm a little unsure.

More engagement is very much welcome but..I'm conflicted as to whether that is the best approach.

You’re probably worrying too much mate. 

Inviting the podcasters in is really just the modern day equivalent of having Richard Latham or Peter Godsiff in for a pint. The club want the media onside - they did when the main source of news was the Evening Post, and they now want the podcasts now that’s more prevalent. They’ll tell the podcasters stuff they want to get out but not everything (unless you give Tinnion a pint and his Twitter login)

The difference between journos and the podcasts is really in the fact that as the poddies are fans first, they are more likely to get flattered - and also have not seen the bullshit before. Even people like Ian Gay is a fan first but he’s so flattered by the “in” with the club he’s lost integrity. Withers and Warner are absolutely subservient to the club to the point the pod is unlistenable. Even @headhunter - who I really respect the opinion of - said he made a comment that Liam was a premier league manager after the meeting. That’s basically Liam speaking well as opposed to overwhelming evidence in performance, so job done as far as the club are concerned - they wanted to improve the perception and did.

Even with that said, I’d be confident HH, Pete etc would keep their integrity and criticise when relevant. And the beauty of the modern world is things like OTIB act as a check and balance - if the poddies give a false narrative based on an in with the club, as we’ve seen, it gets called out. Thats why we had all those shenanigans with signups in October last year - they wanted to control the narrative.

Bottom line - all it is is using the new media in the same way as old media. There is an added risk of rose tinted glasses but there are totally natural checks and balances in place that the club can’t control.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Inviting the podcasters in is really just the modern day equivalent of having Richard Latham or Peter Godsiff in for a pint. The club want the media onside - they did when the main source of news was the Evening Post, and they now want the podcasts now that’s more prevalent. They’ll tell the podcasters stuff they want to get out but not everything (unless you give Tinnion a pint and his Twitter login)

The difference between journos and the podcasts is really in the fact that as the poddies are fans first, they are more likely to get flattered - and also have not seen the bullshit before. Even people like Ian Gay is a fan first but he’s so flattered by the “in” with the club he’s lost integrity. Withers and Warner are absolutely subservient to the club to the point the pod is unlistenable. Even @headhunter - who I really respect the opinion of - said he made a comment that Liam was a premier league manager after the meeting. That’s basically Liam speaking well as opposed to overwhelming evidence in performance, so job done as far as the club are concerned - they wanted to improve the perception and did.

Even with that said, I’d be confident HH, Pete etc would keep their integrity and criticise when relevant. And the beauty of the modern world is things like OTIB act as a check and balance - if the poddies give a false narrative based on an in with the club, as we’ve seen, it gets called out. Thats why we had all those shenanigans with signups in October last year - they wanted to control the narrative.

Bottom line - all it is is using the new media in the same way as old media. There is an added risk of rose tinted glasses but there are totally natural checks and balances in place that the club can’t control.

Good post.

I was trying to write something along the lines that most of the podcasters are just being themselves, reflecting their own personalities, probably slightly more guarded than they would be in the pub, as the audience is different / wider.

I don't often listen to 3Ps (no offence guys) as I prefer to read Math’s Bristol Post review post-game.  I think Matt generally writes what he sees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clubs absolutely want to control the narrative, all do and always have done probably.

Any public facing business would really but something like a Football Club especially.

But then look at the fans forum…that was the fans, and look how tame the Qs were.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But then look at the fans forum…that was the fans, and look how tame the Qs were.

One in 2022 was more informative IMO...yes that was surprisingly poor or maybe it wasn't Idk.

Iirc 2023 a decent number of the questions were pertaining to new Signings in Janaury which was odd given the Budget stuff of late August 2023!

Then questions about the atmosphere or Away Fans, Singing Section or similar.

I can't recall exactly without watching back but there was little about NP and the decision to sack e.g.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Problem with the fan forum is every village idiot turns up and dilute all the decent questions

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think people are going into serious overdrive over this for no reason. Crikey moses.

My WhatsApp must be down, as it appears like we’re suddenly in the City staff group chat or something 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You’ve probably missed the group mate. Tinnion set it up so I think it’s called “Bristol Cutty Stuff Grope Chit”

Easy mistake.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And the Senior Reds where iirc questions had to be put in writing and were then filtered.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

And the Senior Reds where iirc questions had to be put in writing and were then filtered.

Is that right? Common practice?

Very disappointing if so, maybe I missed that.

What there should he is a truly open Q&A, fans, Podcasters and Journalists alike. Open Mic, Open Access.

• Like 1

The truth is though, probably one of the oldest in the game.

Win matches, ideally win them playing decent or at least energetic football but Winnng is key.

Do that and legitimate questions about Governance, Independence being compromised, Control, Tactics, too much or too little being spent etc etc.

Win matches- and all of the above falls away. Shouldn't but for all his ineptitude at Sheffield Wednesday if they win all of their first 6 games say and are top of the League mid September all of the concerns about Chansiri will drop away.

Sheffield Wednesday an illustrative example but 99% of Clubs and maybe more.. winning regularly cures all ills even if it shouldn't necessarily.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it does unfortunately compromise independence. 

For example let's say HH etc are speaking about Twine for example. But then they've possibly been told more about the situation in their meeting with the club but asked to keep it quiet. Thats then not a honest and independent conversation about Twine on the podcast. 

I was surprised that the meeting didn't get given much discussion on the Hull review pod. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it does unfortunately compromise independence. 

For example let's say HH etc are speaking about Twine for example. But then they've possibly been told more about the situation in their meeting with the club but asked to keep it quiet. Thats then not a honest and independent conversation about Twine on the podcast. 

I was surprised that the meeting didn't get given much discussion on the Hull review pod. 

Cant express enough, how much that didn’t happen. As I said earlier, the spiralling & conclusion jumping around this is a bit odd. 

But if people want to think we are now getting constant text updates on what’s happening and what they want us to say, then that’s obviously your prerogative. 

Not speaking on behalf of Mr Gay though btw 🤣

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, BCFC1512 said:

Twine on bench for Burnley! Time to close this thread and move on 

Dunno, Burnley will be needing to offload some according to Piercy tonight. Time will tell there of course but I reckon they need to cut their squad by at least 10- however 18 says and 4 hours until.

Go Away Angel GIF by Xbox