IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Exactly, he is still Burnley's player to use as they deem fit.

Total overreaction by some.

To be fair it just means we aren't close to signing him, as if we were he wouldn't be in the squad all together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

To be fair it just means we aren't close to signing him, as if we were he wouldn't be in the squad all together.

Not strictly true,

We played buldock on a Saturday he told dolly he wasn't leaving and then was gone the following week,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Tbh this surely has to be the last week city persist with twine. If we haven't made any ground on negotiations by Friday then it's absolutely time to give up and focus on alternatives.

I think we will persist with him right the way up to deadline day and then a deal will be struck- absolutely convinced by that….you don’t openly pursue a player for this long without having total optimism that you will get your man eventually.

lots can happen in the next 2.5 weeks so hopefully no panic from the team trying to get this over the line.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it does unfortunately compromise independence. 

For example let's say HH etc are speaking about Twine for example. But then they've possibly been told more about the situation in their meeting with the club but asked to keep it quiet. Thats then not a honest and independent conversation about Twine on the podcast. 

I was surprised that the meeting didn't get given much discussion on the Hull review pod. 

But that’s no different to anyone having a bit of info but not wanting to put it out there on the pod or on here to protect their source / or are unsure of their source.  Sometimes you are better off saying nothing or very little.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

“Time to move on” klaxon..

Not necessarily. I think Hamer played before being sold laat summer so it's not always cut and dry. Akpom made the bench for Middlesbrough first game last season.

Semenyo played until the last in Janaury 2023.

Us putting Conway in U21 isn't probably that common.

Just now, BCFC1512 said:

Why are we the only club who never takes risks!! Just pay what Burnley want ffs 

Piercy covered some of that tonight too.

Something along the lines of Clubs have a certain reputation in the Transfer Market and caving in one Deal could make it harder down the line with others.

He also mentioned lots of egos in Football on all sides.

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Twine on the bench but no sign of Massengo. Would you take him back?

Massengo is also on the bench.

Just been told Burnley are treating us like mugs and Twine won’t budge an inch?

We will be looking to bring in a prem player on loan. 

Only passing on what someone who’s pretty reliable told me?

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, marksy said:

Why should the onus be on them to budge.

They have an Asset that we may want, that Asset has a Price- we have made it obvious, possibly overplaying our hand.

Anything new on the possible McNally, Twine, Conway deal?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Probably not, Agard. He had attributes and in a 3 he may well work better but we lack Goals and end Product so yeah doesn't strike me as a priority position for a start.

A fair and balanced response and I Echo these Sentiments. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.d9c8125ac559a9c5532fb5f5b8ce4f81.png

Must be a different Massengo!

Or an innocent mistake!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Anything new on the possible McNally, Twine, Conway deal?

No, just text my mate and asked him if there was any news and that was his reply. 
He’s always been accurate in the past. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sammie Szmodics came of the bench and scored for Blackburn. Very close to joining Ipswich. Means nothing 

Maybe.

I would just say that Burnley have a squad that numbers in the high 30s & they could quite easily select someone else.

Blackburn signed 5 players last week just to have a full match day squad, so they are hardly similar.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe.

I would just say that Burnley have a squad that numbers in the high 30s & they could quite easily select someone else.

Blackburn signed 5 players last week just to have a full match day squad, so they are hardly similar.

Yep fair point, but there will be players in starting line ups or on the bench in squads now that will move before the window shuts. 
City offer what Burnley wanted he would sign for us. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep fair point, but there will be players in starting line ups or on the bench in squads now that will move before the window shuts. 
City offer what Burnley wanted he would sign for us. 

100%.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, marksy said:

That’s been the rhetoric from City about Burnley most of the summer.

“It’s all Burnley’s fault, they want too much, they won’t budge”

”they’re a mess after relegation”

”Parker wants to look at him first”

etc

Not having a go at you Marksy, just that I’ve heard the same and more weeks ago.

And whilst some of that holds weight, e.g. Twine is overpriced imho, it’s very subjective / biased, what do we do?  We continue to bleat about it to various fans and the message finds its way out onto social media, and it deflects ownership / accountability from the club that they haven’t got Liam Manning a no10, let alone one he desperately wants.

I actually back the club re not bowing to Burnley’s valuation, but if they want him, then work with Burnley, rather than slag them off to fans.  And if you don’t want to work with them, move on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

if its cundle they want then get on with it before stoke do

A problem there with Cundle (IMO) so the following although we should move swiftly with a good offer there if he is on the list..

1) Cundle played with Schumacher at Plymouth on loan.

2) Schumacher went to Stoke last season of course.

3) Cundle followed him on loan.

4) Steve Davis is a Wolves loan manager or Academy or something Idk.

5) Steve Davis begun his career at Stoke.

6) Stoke is closer to Wolverhampton, perhaps Cundle may like that or Wolves may like it for monitoring Idk.

In short, Stoke surely hold an advantage here.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s been the rhetoric from City about Burnley most of the summer.

“It’s all Burnley’s fault, they want too much, they won’t budge”

”they’re a mess after relegation”

”Parker wants to look at him first”

etc

Not having a go at you Marksy, just that I’ve heard the same and more weeks ago.

And whilst some of that holds weight, e.g. Twine is overpriced imho, it’s very subjective / biased, what do we do?  We continue to bleat about it to various fans and the message finds its way out onto social media, and it deflects ownership / accountability from the club that they haven’t got Liam Manning a no10, let alone one he desperately wants.

I actually back the club re not bowing to Burnley’s valuation, but if they want him, then work with Burnley, rather than slag them off to fans.  And if you don’t want to work with them, move on.

I’d sooner get someone else in. Twine hardly set the world on fire when he was here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A problem there with Cundle (IMO) so the following although we should move swiftly with a good offer there if he is on the list..

6) Stoke is closer to Wolverhampton, perhaps Cundle may like that or Wolves may like it for monitoring Idk.

Wouldn’t likely be a loan, this time round.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The one disadvantage is that Stoke is in Stoke 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So why are we after him if he's nowhere near getting into a top 6 team ?

Burnley are a top 2 team. Not a top 6 team. Not sure if there is a player in that Burnley matchday squad I wouldn't want. Yes that includes Massengo :P

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Twine wearing no.11.  Hardly the number of someone who isn’t in the manager’s plans…

We should get Odobert then as he wears 47 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

That was more to do with a manager who was way to stubborn Than the quality of the team

They also shipped out a number of the Promotion heroes and tried to maybe run before they could walk. Big churn can be terrible for squad cohesion, perhaps also see Fulham in 2018.

Had they started with some softer games too- they had both Manchester clubs, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Chelsea at Home by early October, plus Newcastle Away that could have changed the flow of things psychologically has they had some middling and lower sides especially at Home early.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Massengo on! Fair play to him had to be very patient over the last year or so, really hope he takes his chance

Seems to be no love for him around these parts, but I always rated him, hope he has a better season now they're in the championship.

• Like 11