IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

2 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

Twine looked really down heartened at the end.

Yes I agree I think him and his representatives will be desperate to get the move over the line. He knows he will be playing week in week out under a manager that loves him at bristol city.

8 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Yes I agree I think him and his representatives will be desperate to get the move over the line. He knows he will be playing week in week out under a manager that loves him at bristol city.

So we need to offer a fee Burnley will accept then & stop pissing about with low offers they won’t.

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Judging by his post match interview players will be off, 40+ players on the books, big task to keep all happy Parker said. 

Im sure city will have one last push over the next few days, ‘take it or leave it offer’ 

The fact that we haven’t been linked with anybody else, or no news on the subject in days, suggests to me that we will eventually see Twine here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Judging by his post match interview players will be off, 40+ players on the books, big task to keep all happy Parker said. 

Im sure city will have one last push over the next few days, ‘take it or leave it offer’ 

Yeah surely it's not in burnleys vested interested to have all those players knocking about the place unhappy demotivated and not playing maybe there i still hope also I don't hear of any other clubs trying to sign twine ? So it isn't even like there is a bidding war of your burnley surely you just want to get him off your books at this point?  And if we're the only club offering money closest to there valuation as it seems then I think they might fold eventually.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Yeah surely it's not in burnleys vested interested to have all those players knocking about the place unhappy demotivated and not playing maybe there i still hope !!!

If he had been left at home maybe but he was an unused sub, he’s clearly part of Parker’s plans

2 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ultimately I think Twine is going to have to kick up a stink, that may convince Burnley to negotiate, if he doesn’t we won’t get him

This is the thing he’s so “desperate to join us” but has not put a transfer request in 

• Flames 1

Just now, Bcfc24 said:

If he had been left at home maybe but he was an unused sub, he’s clearly part of Parker’s plans

Agreed. If Burnley have 40 odd players and Twine is on the bench. Surely it suggests he is currently part of Parker's plans

37 minutes ago, westonred said:

Anyone else think Twine looked really unhappy sat on the bench he looked like he just didn't want to be there. No sign of him celebrating at the end either 

37 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

Twine looked really down heartened at the end.

36 minutes ago, CloudyThatchers said:

He looked throughly p#ssd off at the final whislte 

He doesn’t wanna be there, and is currently being priced out of a move to a club that’s perfect for him in many ways, so no huge surprise 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The fact that we haven’t been linked with anybody else, or no news on the subject in days, suggests to me that we will eventually see Twine here.

I’m surprised that Hull haven’t shown any interest as he was on loan there too last season? Maybe they’ve seen what we’ve not, but I agree that he will be here soon, although will probably be cup tied too.

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He doesn’t wanna be there, and is currently being priced out of a move to a club that’s perfect for him in many ways, so no huge surprise 

He needs to do something about it then doesn’t he, start making life difficult for Burnley, sitting there sulking isn’t really showing them is it.

3 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

He needs to do something about it then doesn’t he, start making life difficult for Burnley, sitting there sulking isn’t really showing them is it.

They don’t need to sell, he’s on f all money relatively, and won’t make them any money that gets them excited. Thems the crux of it. 

7 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I’m surprised that Hull haven’t shown any interest as he was on loan there too last season? Maybe they’ve seen what we’ve not, but I agree that he will be here soon, although will probably be cup tied too.

Twine was pulled from Hull because they played him out of position as a left winger he didn't enjoy his time there from what I have heard eaither.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They don’t need to sell, he’s on f all money relatively, and won’t make them any money that gets them excited. Thems the crux of it. 

Thing is look at the way conway is being because he thinks the move will benifit his career, twine really needs to do the same he is what 25? He needs to be playing week in week out at his age especially if he harbours premier leauge ambitions and he has the chance to do that at another championship club and let's be honest city will stick him on heafty wages if I was twine I'd be making a right fuss.

Edited by BCFC31

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Doesn't want to be there full stop, or doesn't want to be sat on the bench? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Signing George Earthy from West Ham, Attacking Midfielder, Twine deal off 

Why an earth ( pun intedned ) would any of us beileve you 😂 you wouldn't have access to that sort of information. 

Edited by BCFC31

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Why an earth would any of us beileve you 😂 you wouldn't have access to that sort of information. 

To be fair, the 'Earthy' thing is on another thread.

Sorry, I missed the pun. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

18 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

To be fair I’d expect any player who was on the bench to be pretty downbeat if they didn’t get on.

I used to be the same when I used to play. 

Yes. Especially as he'll have to go on the pitch after the game and do some running as he didn't get on. 

Just now, Stockwood redss said:

been announced by some west ham bloke who’s reliable 

Just now, Stockwood redss said:

been announced by some west ham bloke who’s reliable 

Lads only 19 may have been coached by manning in the academy I don't think he would be signed to be our first choice though more like a Murphy stokes kind of signing.

• Confused 1

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Lads only 19 may have been coached by manning in the academy I don't think he would be signed to be our first choice though more like a Murphy stokes kind of signing.

On loan? Can't see the point then.

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

It’s a loan, he’s coming for now, it’s an alternative to Twine

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So on one side is a player in exile until he leaves, on the other side is a player being forced to be part of the match day squad against his will. Funny old world! 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Twine was pulled from Hull because they played him out of position as a left winger he didn't enjoy his time there from what I have heard eaither.

Burnley had other reasons for loaning him to us and getting Zarouhy to Hull.  Not just his position.

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

So on one side is a player in exile until he leaves, on the other side is a player being forced to be part of the match day squad against his will. Funny old world! 😂

No, on the first side it's a player that has openly said he no longer wants to be at the club while Twine hasn't said anything of the sort.

The sooner Conway is gone the better.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Wouldn't he be a sub because that's where his Manager picked him? 🤔

Nope. No intention of bringing him on. Poor lad. They want to sell, he wants to go. Written all over his face. Just fell short of having a for sale sign stamped on his forehead. 

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

Nope. No intention of bringing him on. Poor lad. They want to sell, he wants to go. Written all over his face. Just fell short of having a for sale sign stamped on his forehead. 

Surely McNally was in the same boat and he came on.

8 hours ago, marksy said:

Just been told Burnley are treating us like mugs and Twine won’t budge an inch?

We will be looking to bring in a prem player on loan. 

Only passing on what someone who’s pretty reliable told me?

In fairness, we do appear to have been acting like mugs.

Good info about the prem loan ahead of the game though. Unlike some on here, who appear to be just guessing, you do appear to be sometimes ITK.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well he has got a bob or two left  from the Scott sale and he has got a loan  player in instead of forking out for Twine. Good day for our owner. 

Did you miss the bit where we are still trying to get Twine as well?

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Why should the onus be on them to budge.

They have an Asset that we may want, that Asset has a Price- we have made it obvious, possibly overplaying our hand.

Anything new on the possible McNally, Twine, Conway deal?

Same source who told me about us chasing a Prem loan just said that Hull have put in the best bid but Conway doesn’t fancy going there. 

• Thanks 2

I was going to come on here and absolutely lambast the club for not getting this, or an alternative done. The Earthy deal has mitigated that somewhat as West Ham would have needed to wait for their own signings/pre-season to make a decision on him so I can see it being a scenario where he wasn't first choice and is being bought in as a rotation option so we were happy to wait.

But for us to still not have a recognised, Senior, number 10 in the building is horrendous and would be interested if anybody can defend the clubs approach on this please try? We seem really aggrieved at Burnley for not lowering their price, but we're doing exactly the same with Conway where we have less of a leg to stand on due to contract situation. People saying 'the Transfer Window isn't closed' but that's irrelevant, the season has started and that should be our 'Transfer Deadline'. Part of me wonders if we're all in now and either hope Burnley lower their price last minute or we pay over the top.

The club should have moved on weeks ago, we should have had Plan B,C,D or E in the building before the Hull game and put this whole fiasco to bed. We've created a no win scenario for ourselves and we're trying to play Poker but everyone can see our cards. This is the most important position in 'Manningball' and already cost us 2 points at the weekend as we were far better than Hull.

Pay up or move on ASAP but if we're relying on Earthy/square pegs until January then we've once again failed our main objective. Transfers are not easy and incredibly complicated but at least everybody else keeps it private, we're publicly stupid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, marksy said:

Same source who told me about us chasing a Prem loan just said that Hull have put in the best bid but Conway doesn’t fancy going there. 

That’s just an example of why I’ve said a bidding war doesn’t often materialise in this scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hinsleburg said:

I was going to come on here and absolutely lambast the club for not getting this, or an alternative done. The Earthy deal has mitigated that somewhat as West Ham would have needed to wait for their own signings/pre-season to make a decision on him so I can see it being a scenario where he wasn't first choice and is being bought in as a rotation option so we were happy to wait.

But for us to still not have a recognised, Senior, number 10 in the building is horrendous and would be interested if anybody can defend the clubs approach on this please try? We seem really aggrieved at Burnley for not lowering their price, but we're doing exactly the same with Conway where we have less of a leg to stand on due to contract situation. People saying 'the Transfer Window isn't closed' but that's irrelevant, the season has started and that should be our 'Transfer Deadline'. Part of me wonders if we're all in now and either hope Burnley lower their price last minute or we pay over the top.

The club should have moved on weeks ago, we should have had Plan B,C,D or E in the building before the Hull game and put this whole fiasco to bed. We've created a no win scenario for ourselves and we're trying to play Poker but everyone can see our cards. This is the most important position in 'Manningball' and already cost us 2 points at the weekend as we were far better than Hull.

Pay up or move on ASAP but if we're relying on Earthy/square pegs until January then we've once again failed our main objective. Transfers are not easy and incredibly complicated but at least everybody else keeps it private, we're publicly stupid.

Yeah it's all so easy isn't it!

Grow up, the club have been exploring other options for some time, not all clubs wanna do business early as it's a bit of a dominoes effect

A sense of realism is needed to understand where we are in the pecking order

• Like 3

• Admin
Just now, Lord Northski said:

Without him we'd be sunk, probably worth reminding yourself that before you criticise people gifting your club £15,000,000+ a year 

Without going over this topic YET again, the money is not a gift

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

Watching Luton v Burnley last night the commentators mentioned that Scott Parker has an oversized squad and could have fielded two teams and needs to offload players. Twine and McNally were on the bench so possibly they could be two who’s services are no longer required at Turf  Moor.

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Yeah it's all so easy isn't it!

Grow up, the club have been exploring other options for some time, not all clubs wanna do business early as it's a bit of a dominoes effect

A sense of realism is needed to understand where we are in the pecking order

Exploring, not moving. Very big difference, it's clear Twine is still the main target but we should have moved on weeks ago and stopped the weird public flirting. 

Without covering old ground, if the club was serious about the ambitions they say publicly either this would have been done or somebody else would have been in. 

Two league matches before deadline day plus one immediately the day after, that's 3 games without a recognised player in our most pivotal position if we wait and if you think that's acceptable then more power to you. But it shouldn't be and this whole transfer has been amateurish

• Like 2