IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Watching Luton v Burnley last night the commentators mentioned that Scott Parker has an oversized squad and could have fielded two teams and needs to offload players. Twine and McNally were on the bench so possibly they could be two who’s services are no longer required at Turf  Moor.

Was impressed with Mcnally when he came on. Left me wondering how frightening him and Dickie at the heart of our defence would be to opposition forwards.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Exploring, not moving. Very big difference, it's clear Twine is still the main target but we should have moved on weeks ago and stopped the weird public flirting. 

Without covering old ground, if the club was serious about the ambitions they say publicly either this would have been done or somebody else would have been in. 

Two league matches before deadline day plus one immediately the day after, that's 3 games without a recognised player in our most pivotal position if we wait and if you think that's acceptable then more power to you. But it shouldn't be and this whole transfer has been amateurish

"The club" has not been public flirting at all

It's desperate fans doing that! The club is working quietly behind the scenes unfortunately in this day and age fans wanna know the ins and outs of a gnats fanny!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well he has got a bob or two left  from the Scott sale and he has got a loan  player in instead of forking out for Twine. Good day for our owner. 

Did I dream the 18 million loss season on season?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It's desperate fans doing that! The club is working quietly behind the scenes unfortunately in this day and age fans wanna know the ins and outs of a gnats fanny!

So letting Twine train at the Training ground and publicly listing him as number 1 target plus targeted leaks through other mouthpieces isn't 'flirting'. If it was another team doing this over someone like Pring we'd be fuming.

I've always said, I don't want more communication I want better communication. That's not Tinnion leaking things over Twitter or to Ian Gay, not promising signings at fan's events then not delivering. We are many things but we're not quiet, however, I will give credit where it's due we did well to keep the Earthy deal quiet as that wouldn't have been an easy one to complete. That's all I want, a plan and professionalism and sadly we often appear to lack both

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The correct answer is - we can’t talk about players contracted to other clubs.

Someone should tell Tan Kesler. ;)

Spoke about Conway in talks with Carrick?? I know we at this point want Conway out but Kinnell.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

PL loans are not known to be cheap overall.

Indeed. 

Premier league clubs run academies as separate businesses and the manager is expected to make a significant amount by sending players out on loan and it's literally who will pay the most rather than what is best for the players development in a lot of cases. 

We'll be paying a fee and covering his wages. In a loan deal you can even pay the player extra on top of his wages. 

As we saw with the Ryan Kent loan deals, Premier league clubs insert penalty clauses if a player doesn't play the agreed amount of playing time. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The club have flirted like ****. Named him at every opp. Radio Bristol on Saturday even adding in clips of Scott Parker discussing Burnley’s squad was even more ridiculous too!!

• Like 2

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Indeed. 

Premier league clubs run academies as separate businesses and the manager is expected to make a significant amount by sending players out on loan and it's literally who will pay the most rather than what is best for the players development in a lot of cases. 

We'll be paying a fee and covering his wages. In a loan deal you can even pay the player extra on top of his wages. 

As we saw with the Ryan Kent loan deals, Premier league clubs insert penalty clauses if a player doesn't play the agreed amount of playing time. 

Rak-Sakyi iirc as per Nixon £1m Loan Fee and wages covered which comes to a further £1m.

I think there was another with a similar breakdown. Loan Managers have to turn a a Profit I think was mentioned in 2022 at Fans Forum.

Links and favoured clubs or managers can reduce some of that to an extent but.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone should tell Tan Kesler. ;)

Spoke about Conway in talks with Carrick?? I know we at this point want Conway out but Kinnell.

Two wrongs don’t make a right!

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed. Wonder if he's broken any Rules there and or if the club are bothered.

Nah, they’ll just get on with it, but it will play into conversation now / in future no doubt.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Indeed. 

As we saw with the Ryan Kent loan deals, Premier league clubs CAN insert penalty clauses if a player doesn't play the agreed amount of playing time. 

Some deals are expensive, some are not. 

West Ham aren't Chelsea and Man City who do use the loan market as a business venture. 

This lad is someone they were very keen on being part of their squad long term, therefore the motivation for loaning him becomes less about £££ and more about putting him in a developmental environment that will hasten him reaching his potential. 

Whilst Manning hasn't been at WHAM for a while, He'll be a known and probably trusted quantity for those running their youth development. City also have a very good reputation in the game for developing players; something we can capitalise on in this instance. 

At the end of the day we'll likely never know what the finances are on this. 10 is the one position we haven't really produced at Academy level. Only really Ayman (Who isn't someone we can rely on as a back up let alone a first team player) and Billy Phillips (Who I really like, but is both young and in need of some time to develop physically) are in the pipeline. Stokes looks good, I'd liked to have seen him get some minutes this season but the step up from NL is tough. 

Think this makes sense as a short term measure for us. We aren't too far away from being a very good side, if he's what the Hammers fans think he is then he could be the difference maker in terms of breaking teams down in the final third with a bit more conviction. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Jeezzzz . When your kids borrow £500 for whatever, that’s not a gift either FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

Dear god. Are you thick?

Steve Lansdown now owns Ashton Gate. Steve Lansdown owns the training ground. Steven Lansdown owns the Ashton vale site. Steve Lansdown is going to build a hotel etc next to Ashton Gate.

Steve Lansdown has done rather well out of investing in Bristol City. Yes, investing. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 9
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Nothing wrong if we sign both. In fact the most logical option as right now we don't have a 10 at all and it is the clear missing piece. Say we sign Twine and he got injured - then what?

We have Stokes

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Dear god. Are you thick?

Steve Lansdown now owns Ashton Gate. Steve Lansdown owns the training ground. Steven Lansdown owns the Ashton vale site. Steve Lansdown is going to build a hotel etc next to Ashton Gate.

Steve Lansdown has done rather well out of investing in Bristol City. Yes, investing. 

Investing? So, he might get back less than he ploughed in? Capital at risk? Teams can go up and down, etc ?

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Dear god. Are you thick?

Steve wrote the theme tune, Steve sung the theme tune, Steve starred in the series.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Investing? So, he might get back less than he ploughed in? Capital at risk? Teams can go up and down, etc ?

Long term investments, admittedly - perhaps he thinks he's going to live forever? Billionaires disease, I think they call it  

No sign of a return in the short term though, that's for sure. Promotion would help but.... yeah, no sign of a return in the short term.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

Legally that’s exactly what it is, no? No loan registered to tune of 15 million.

Do you mean Debt to Equity Conversion?

Means the Club don't have to pay it back, could be included in Value or Purchase Price in the event of a Sale or Sale of a Stake.

• Hmmm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Jeezzzz . When your kids borrow £500 for whatever, that’s not a gift either FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

You really need to understand how people invest and make money, and then ultimately look to sell what they have bought at the price they invested

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

The club have flirted like ****. Named him at every opp. Radio Bristol on Saturday even adding in clips of Scott Parker discussing Burnley’s squad was even more ridiculous too!!

Are radio Bristol an official club department now? I didn't realise that!

7 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

What are we all going to do now we can’t say ‘Move On’ with George Earthy coming in?

Well, I for one will congratulate the club for securing a back up option. 

Not totally sure what the need for point scoring on this is. People who said we should have moved on/secure an alternative have been proven right, we have. Now the continued pursuit of Twine is not as critical. He now becomes a nice to have rather than a gaping hole in our squad. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Dear god. Are you thick?

Someone’s tired. 

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Absolutely no chance a Prem loan, especially of someone who's been in and around the West Ham first team, would be 'cheap'

The lads probably on a out 1.5k per week I'd say maybe a 1m loan fee its definitely cheaper.

12 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

The lads probably on a out 1.5k per week I'd say maybe a 1m loan fee its definitely cheaper.

He signed a three year deal 12 months ago, he'll be on 5x that I'm sure.

Long term Twine would be more expensive, but this certainly isn't the 'cheap' option

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£1.5k per week as a PL regular side..really? Cat 1 Academy, really?

For context, Rak-Sakyi is reportedly on £20k per week and another Brighton keeper similar. Rushworth.

Yep. Players are millionaires before they've even broken into the 1st team at a decent Premier league club these days. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just checked Rushworth is on £20k per week (okay Nixon). They want Wages covered and a further £1m if the side promoted.

5 figures surely for Earthy in respect of weekly wage.

The drummer in my band is a Brighton fan and season ticket holder.
He assures me no one in their academy is on anything over £7k, but their money can be doubled by stepped payments for first team involvement (Squad appearances), Named Substitutes, starting eleven and goals.
Brighton are a well run club and for the youngsters everything is incentivised. You CAN earn the big bucks but you have to be giving something in return. He says they just don't have young lads on silly money before they're ready for it. Do the business and the rewards will come your way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Philly The Kid said:

He assures me no one in their academy is on anything over £7k, but their money can be doubled by stepped payments for first team involvement (Squad appearances), Named Substitutes, starting eleven and goals.
Brighton are a well run club and for the youngsters everything is incentivised. You CAN earn the big bucks but you have to be giving something in return. He says they just don't have young lads on silly money before they're ready for it. Do the business and the rewards will come your way.

The way it bloody well should be as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Philly The Kid said:

Ah so Nixon is talking rubbish about Rushworth.

He seems to he better in respect of North West clubs and Scottish ones probably. Albeit I am surprised it is as low as that tbh.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah so Nixon is talking rubbish about Rushworth.

He seems to he better in respect of North West clubs and Scottish ones probably. Albeit I am surprised it is as low as that tbh.

As I say, It's what I was told by someone much more likely to know. Rushworth may well be earning big bucks, but if he's in and around the first team he's getting the incentivised payments so fair play.
Brighton, obviously aren't a London club who can chuck the money around. They're well run and disciplined in their approach, and, they always seem to have a plan, whether manager succession or transfers. Certainly a club we would do well to aspire to be like.

• Thanks 1

I think we are all guilty of talking about wages as “per week” and nice round numbers, but contracts these days will be a combo of basic salary and other things, like appearance money, win bonus, etc.

Younger players are likely to have annual increases or triggered increases, e.g. salary increase of x% or £x once they’ve made a set amount of appearances.

So it’s quite possible Rushworth earned £20k per week last season, just that it’s a combo of basic and other bits and bots.

When a player goes on loan, sometimes the loan club have to not just pay a portion or all of the basic, but the bonus clauses too.

Some clubs include penalties for not playing.

Some clubs include incentives for playing.

Some clubs just charge a straight flat fee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

when was the last time we announced a player on a the pitch before ko or half time of game? I can recall Baldock but can’t recall any since! Maybe tonight

Jamie Paterson was announced at half time.

22 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

when was the last time we announced a player on a the pitch before ko or half time of game? I can recall Baldock but can’t recall any since! Maybe tonight

Ffs he's not Messi. 

11 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

You're right David Moyes said he was more like David Silva!

No, he didn't. He said he was slight in build but able to play the men's game. The same way that David Silva is slight but not that they were similar as footballers in other ways.

17 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

No, he didn't. He said he was slight in build but able to play the men's game. The same way that David Silva is slight but not that they were similar as footballers in other ways.

Shhh, don't spoil a good story! 😉

You are correct BTW but it's much more fun the other way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

I will heed no naysayers the English David Silva is coming to the gate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

LM confirmed club still pursuing Scott Twine on bbc radio bristol…… the year is 2028 and Scott Twine is still our No.1 target. 

In 2028 Inflation is running at 57.4%, but we are still bidding £2m, which won’t even get you a pack of Flamin’ Hot Monster Munch!

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looks like he’s packed his flat up today, doesn’t appear to be the sign of a player holding things up? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave, staring through people's windows does not qualify as analysis...

• Haha 17

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Is Conway **** having us over FFS, he's got a contract the club offered and signed, grow up

Hopefully, he buggers off soon as I'm sick of hearing about the poor little lamb! 🖕

He's cost the club that nurtured him, the club I support, £Millions. I don't give a monkeys chuff about Conway anymore.

Simple enough for you? 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Is Conway **** having us over FFS, he's got a contract the club offered and signed, grow up

Chill out 😂 somone clearly has conway posters on his bedroom ceiling with a roll of toilet paper next to his bed...

• Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hopefully, he buggers off soon as I'm sick of hearing about the poor little lamb! 🖕

He's cost the club that nurtured him, the club I support, £Millions. I don't give a monkeys chuff about Conway anymore.

Simple enough for you? 

Depends on whether you think the club caused none of this and it’s all Conway’s fault.

• Like 6