IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

He’s cost the club that nurtured him, the club I support, £Millions. I don't give a monkeys chuff about Conway anymore.

Simple enough for you? 

An alternative view might be that, given he has been with the club since he was a young boy (so free), due to his hard work and diligence, together with his undoubted talent and aided by some great coaching, he will actually make the club £Millions - once his transfer goes through.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, bristol red said:

I agree totally. But he is being stubborn.

Still holding out for a prem move

He’s been ready & waiting to go to Boro for the best part of a week, so calling BS on that personally. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s been ready & waiting to go to Boro for the best part of a week, so calling BS on that personally. 

Presumably Middlesbrough haven't paid the fee that would be to our liking or at least the ratio of £Xm guaranteed, £Ym if or when add-ons hit?

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Presumably Middlesbrough haven't paid the fee that would be to our liking or at least the ratio of £Xm guaranteed, £Ym if or when add-ons hit?

Hasn't it been said that we've accepted their offer? Maybe it's just small print and planning the announcement?

11 hours ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Is Conway **** having us over FFS, he's got a contract the club offered and signed, grow up

Exactly, he signed a contract until the end of the season. He's doing nothing wrong, he will play if Manning wants him to play.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

Hasn't it been said that we've accepted their offer? Maybe it's just small print and planning the announcement?

It was me that posted that I had heard it has.

Edited by Davefevs

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Which, recalled or stuck here ?

Both!

If on the very very very off chance he is still here on 1st sep, still more chance of Rovers getting a gate of 20k than being integrated back into first team

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Properly having us over then. 😡

Harsh- short career, owes us nothing as far as I can see as there is very little loyalty in football anymore….the next move he makes could well be the most important of his career so why not take the time to assess options.

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's not his fault or problem. 

Agreed it isn't his fault.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It might be his problem. Months languishing in the U21s won’t do a lot for his profile. I don’t think it will happen though. 

Is very much a worst case scenario but anything between 6-12 months training with, possibly not even playing for the U21s could seriously set back not just his profile but development. That is a big incentive for him to get something sorted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on whether you think the club caused none of this and it’s all Conway’s fault.

We don't know Fevs. The only facts we definitely know are that City offered multiple contracts and that Conway has stated he wishes to leave the club. The rest is rumours and heresay.

This is like the death of a 1000 cuts now and he just needs to go.

Maybe the club should book a memorial service at St Mary Redcliffe so all the wet wipes constantly slagging off the club ( are they really City fans?) can say goodbye and collectively cry into their 'we love Tommy' handkerchiefs?

I back the club and have been consistent in that as we don't know what has gone on apart from the above.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We don't know Fevs. The only facts we definitely know are that City offered multiple contracts and that Conway has stated he wishes to leave the club. The rest is rumours and heresay.

This is like the death of a 1000 cuts now and he just needs to go.

Maybe the club should book a memorial service at St Mary Redcliffe so all the wet wipes constantly slagging off the club ( are they really City fans?) can say goodbye and collectively cry into their 'we love Tommy' handkerchiefs?

I back the club and have been consistent in that as we don't know what has gone on apart from the above.

Are they facts?  Don’t answer that! 😉

All we know for sure is what’s been put into  the public domain.  And that’s come from one party only - Bristol City.

But let’s treat that City’s version of the event is 100% fact, including Liam saying him and Tommy still get on, etc.

So your issue is with the fans moaning about the club, rather than Conway then?  Or am I missing something, ie is it Tommy’s fault fans are taking his side over the club.  I’m getting confused.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are they facts?  Don’t answer that! 😉

All we know for sure is what’s been put into  the public domain.  And that’s come from one party only - Bristol City.

But let’s treat that City’s version of the event is 100% fact, including Liam saying him and Tommy still get on, etc.

So your issue is with the fans moaning about the club, rather than Conway then?  Or am I missing something, ie is it Tommy’s fault fans are taking his side over the club.  I’m getting confused.

Not atall Dave, I just want him gone so the club can move forward, potentially using any funds generated to bring in players deemed necessary.

I will admit I don't understand the 'love in' for TC, nor do I think he's a bad player, potentially a very good one, I just want him to go so that we can move on as a club and as a fan base.

Maybe, the real facts will come out eventually, maybe they won't but this needs closure now, badly!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not atall Dave, I just want him gone so the club can move forward, potentially using any funds generated to bring in players deemed necessary.

I will admit I don't understand the 'love in' for TC, nor do I think he's a bad player, potentially a very good one, I just want him to go so that we can move on as a club and as a fan base.

Maybe, the real facts will come out eventually, maybe they won't but this needs closure now, badly!

I think the crux of it here is what has Conway done to prevent himself being moved on? The reality is very little unless you'd say him not having an interest in going somewhere like Hull but I don't think people would begrudge him that. Outside that its been pretty much the club standing in their own way of getting anything done so far this summer. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I think the crux of it here is what has Conway done to prevent himself being moved on? The reality is very little unless you'd say him not having an interest in going somewhere like Hull but I don't think people would begrudge him that. Outside that its been pretty much the club standing in their own way of getting anything done so far this summer. 

Who knows Lrrr? It does appear you're correct but it would be nice if this was done and dusted for the reasons already stated plus it's caused real division in our support which can never be good.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think the die was cast there August to November 2023.

They've exacerbated it or added a second divided issue, totally.

I totally appreciate that opinion Mr P but have seen nothing factual to support it other than people saying it happened on here with all possible respect.

It's a bit like the gas and their attendance stuff, if enough say it, it must be true. I just don't know so want this book closed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally appreciate that opinion Mr P but have seen nothing factual to support it other than people saying it happened on here with all possible respect.

It's a bit like the gas and their attendance stuff, if enough say it, it must be true. I just don't know so want this book closed.

Agreed, regardless of how bad the club behaved, the sooner he goes the better, it's as simple as that. He doesn't want to be here and the club don't want him here either. I just hope the right move comes along.

• Like 5

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Agreed, regardless of how bad the club behaved, the sooner he goes the better, it's as simple as that. He doesn't want to be here and the club don't want him here either. I just hope the right move comes along.

Thanks no1, I was beginning to think I was all alone in my view and had missed something. 👍

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It is hard to say Ska..Maybe the OTIB bubble makes it bigger than it is but the booing last night from not such a bad Performance..makes me wonder about general patience. I'm not at all slating Manning for the record.

Definitely for all concerned the book needs closing.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is hard to say Ska..Maybe the OTIB bubble makes it bigger than it is but the booing last night from not such a bad Performance..makes me wonder about general patience. I'm not at all slating Manning for the record.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks no1, I was beginning to think I was all alone in my view and had missed something. 👍

You’re not alone; it’s often the vocal minority that drives most discussions on this forum I find. They tend to be very active on this forum so it's becoming an echo chamber for the active users. 

Edited by Salford Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Salford Red said:

You’re not alone; it’s often the vocal minority that drives most discussions on this forum I find. They tend to be very active on this forum so it's becoming an echo chamber for the active users. 

Cheers SR. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Is Twine going to end up being a January target instead? 

A January target or if we keep negotiating as well a Summer 2025, January 2026 target before being a free transfer in Summer 2026

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm staggered tbh SJ. Some are treating it like a death in the family. It might well be that the hierarchy have been dicks about it? But if they have, then so be it, we can't change it and they will be judged on the fee etc. etc.

At the end of the day a 22 year old kid wants to move from one company to another and pick up more dough and whilst he taking his time moving jobs (please nobody feel they need to educate me by saying that he's entitled to take his time, I know that) it seems to be impacting the ability of the club we claim to support to move on too.

This talk of people "taking sides". Taking sides? Between a bang average football club of questionable competence at the top and a 22 year old media trained athlete who doesn't want to shag you as fans any more than Jason Knight or George Tanner or Joe Williams does..........my fifty something year old brain doesn't compute it, that's for sure.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't at the game, thanks to Sky saving me £100 plus in petrol / food etc. Was there booing last night ? That's incredible, if so, after 2 games of a new season.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Wasn't at the game, thanks to Sky saving me £100 plus in petrol / food etc. Was there booing last night ? That's incredible, if so, after 2 games of a new season.

Sign of modern day football fans /society Entitled 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

There was a small but audible amount of booing, yes. Absolutely staggered by it. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I was there. I am surprised people are surprised there was booing. First half, we were decent, Fally had some chances and only good Coventry defending kept him out. Second half we were inept. Coventry had the ball for two whole minutes before they scored (I timed it), in that time, no City player got within 1 foot of the ball. Our passing fell off a cliff and we couldn’t keep the ball, repeatedly coughing it up to Coventry. To hell with the result, I went to be entertained and I wasn’t. Guy behind me said we were tired. It was game 2 and most of them didn’t play in game 1. Hoping we will see a very different City Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Salford Red said:

There was a small but audible amount of booing, yes. Absolutely staggered by it. 

Weve been broadly shite for 40 years, and another year rolls around of selling our best young players and losing at home with a second half that was broadly shite,, is it really absolutely staggering that someone boos?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm staggered tbh SJ. Some are treating it like a death in the family. It might well be that the hierarchy have been dicks about it? But if they have, then so be it, we can't change it and they will be judged on the fee etc. etc.

At the end of the day a 22 year old kid wants to move from one company to another and pick up more dough and whilst he taking his time moving jobs (please nobody feel they need to educate me by saying that he's entitled to take his time, I know that) it seems to be impacting the ability of the club we claim to support to move on too.

This talk of people "taking sides". Taking sides? Between a bang average football club of questionable competence at the top and a 22 year old media trained athlete who doesn't want to shag you as fans any more than Jason Knight or George Tanner or Joe Williams does..........my fifty something year old brain doesn't compute it, that's for sure.

And that’s been 99% of my debating point on this whole thing.  I think the club have lost themselves £££s by their approach, and I don’t just mean banishing him to the u21s.  But asking for a stupid fee when at the time being less stupid might’ve got them more than they are gonna get weeks later from Boro.  Not realising they weren’t gonna get him to extend, Tinnion was pretty bullish Tommy would.  Etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Weve been broadly shite for 40 years, and another year rolls around of selling our best young players and losing at home with a second half that was broadly shite,, is it really absolutely staggering that someone boos?

It's staggering that someone pays £500 every year to watch something they don't enjoy and finds so frustrating that they boo it regularly. The time it becomes a chore every week is the time I go elsewhere on a Saturday. I won't lie, between New Years Day and around March this year my patience was being severely tested when we went on that run of something like 13 points in 15 games, playing absolute dirge to boot, and rather than boo I just ****** off after an hour when we played Cardiff and Swansea.......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And that’s been 99% of my debating point on this whole thing.  I think the club have lost themselves £££s by their approach, and I don’t just mean banishing him to the u21s.  But asking for a stupid fee when at the time being less stupid might’ve got them more than they are gonna get weeks later from Boro.  Not realising they weren’t gonna get him to extend, Tinnion was pretty bullish Tommy would.  Etc.

Yeah, totally get it, and that's what we judge them on when this whole saga closes. When Brian does some magic trick and persuades somebody to stump up £9m plus add-ons we'll all carry him on our shoulders up North Street......................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Must be our age mate as I don't get it either, hence my 'St Mary Redcliffe' comment.

On 13/08/2024 at 11:24, The Nest Egg said:

Nothing wrong if we sign both. In fact the most logical option as right now we don't have a 10 at all and it is the clear missing piece. Say we sign Twine and he got injured - then what?

With our record for new signings, no one on here would be in the least surprised!

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on whether you think the club caused none of this and it’s all Conway’s fault.

Don't think it's either specifically the club or Conway's fault. 

I don't think TC expected that 'Boro would end up his best option when he refused to sign a new contract and and I don't think City expected that we would have got to this point in the window without having finalised his transfer.

With hindsight I suspect both sides will look back at things they could have handled better.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don't think it's either specifically the club or Conway's fault. 

I don't think TC expected that 'Boro would end up his best option when he refused to sign a new contract and and I don't think City expected that we would have got to this point in the window without having finalised his transfer.

With hindsight I suspect both sides will look back at things they could have handled better.

From what I hear, he never thought he’d jump straight to PL, not as someone who’d get many minutes, so was quite happy for a stepping stone, SPL or otherwise.  I hear he’s pretty happy with Boro, impressed by the club and Carrick.

I think @Ron W alluded to the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry Mr P but that was dismal last evening. We have two methods of going forward.

First is ball out to the touchlines. Second is backwards and sideways.

Both are too easy for Champioship clubs who sit there for the first half and then take us to the cleaners.

And even when we get a lead like Hull we have a to concede late and throw the point(s) away.

18 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We just lack ambition. Go and buy the car and house you want in life, find a way. Burnley aren’t asking for £3M more, we have the money, just back the manager like Gibson does. Seriously getting bored with it. 

And then everyone knows we are a soft touch in the market. Not sure that's a great idea

14 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

And then everyone knows we are a soft touch in the market. Not sure that's a great idea

A soft touch would have been caving quickly rather than resolving the impasse 8 months later, not every club can hold out that long

Edited by Lrrr

50 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We just lack ambition. Go and buy the car and house you want in life, find a way. Burnley aren’t asking for £3M more, we have the money, just back the manager like Gibson does. Seriously getting bored with it. 

When you say Gibson I take it your talking about the Middlesbrough chairman?

If so 23/24 season £9.68m profit on transfers

22/23 season £17.15m profit on transfer

Not really backing the manager is it 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

From what I hear, he never thought he’d jump straight to PL, not as someone who’d get many minutes, so was quite happy for a stepping stone, SPL or otherwise.  I hear he’s pretty happy with Boro, impressed by the club and Carrick.

I think @Ron W alluded to the same.

If that's the case, then fair play and good for him. 

It did feel like he was influenced by his best mate making a big money move to the prem and then perhaps being " advised" by his agent that he could get a similar move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If that's the case, then fair play and good for him. 

It did feel like he was influenced by his best mate making a big money move to the prem and then perhaps being " advised" by his agent that he could get a similar move.

We’ll never know I guess, but I always thought Tommy was pretty level-headed, knew he wasn’t quite the sane class as his flatmate nor Antoine.  Confident, ambitious, had a plan?  Absolutely.

• Like 3