IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

According to the Post article this morning, we are still miles apart in terms of valuation.

Whilst I’d like us to sign Twine on a permanent, do we need him now, based on Earthy signing yesterday? Is it going to be too much to rely on a 19 YO (who sounds like a brilliant player) to play all the games we will have as our “10”?

Should we not wait and try again in Jan or next summer when his value will have dropped……or are we that desperate to sign him that we don’t want to run the risk of him going somewhere else by the end of August?

Time will tell……

I think there's a good argument for waiting til January and reassessing.

10 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Already contacted Aggro about a TC banner.

Money means nothing when it comes to your boyhood club.

If we went ahead with this, it would be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen a Championhsip club/fanbase do in recent times.

Even if this narrative about Conway being an evil arrogant money-grabbing disloyal so-and-so were true (I absolutely don't think it is), then this would still be an embarrassingly pathetic way to handle the "break up".

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

According to the Post article this morning, we are still miles apart in terms of valuation.

Whilst I’d like us to sign Twine on a permanent, do we need him now, based on Earthy signing yesterday? Is it going to be too much to rely on a 19 YO (who sounds like a brilliant player) to play all the games we will have as our “10”?

Should we not wait and try again in Jan or next summer when his value will have dropped……or are we that desperate to sign him that we don’t want to run the risk of him going somewhere else by the end of August?

Time will tell……

I've no idea where we are with the deal, but I'm hearing it's still being worked on.

I liked Twine, but I didn't Love him. I'm surprised we are putting this amount of effort into getting him personally. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I've no idea where we are with the deal, but I'm hearing it's still being worked on.

I liked Twine, but I didn't Love him. I'm surprised we are putting this amount of effort into getting him personally. 

He will level us up in the set piece department , that’s for sure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

If we went ahead with this, it would be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen a Championhsip club/fanbase do in recent times.

Even if this narrative about Conway being an evil arrogant money-grabbing disloyal so-and-so were true (I absolutely don't think it is), then this would still be an embarrassingly pathetic way to handle the "break up".

The bedsheets were pretty embarrassing 

• Flames 1

I'm conflicted on Twine.

On one hand Manning got a magic season out of him a few years back albeit in League One. Perhaps he backs himself to do it again.

Otoh at Championship level the jury is out. His XG and XA are higher last season than his actual which could be good.

He is useful at winning fouls and good at Set Pieces..is he the X Factor though, time will tell. How will him and Earthy fit into the same side, or will it be 1 slot 2 competing?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm conflicted on Twine.

On one hand Manning got a magic season out of him a few years back albeit in League One. Perhaps he backs himself to do it again.

Otoh at Championship level the jury is out. His XG and XA are higher last season than his actual which could be good.

He is useful at winning fouls and good at Set Pieces..is he the X Factor though, time will tell. How will him and Earthy fit into the same side, or will it be 1 slot 2 competing?

Two floating 10s behind CF. With the option to stretch the game with wingers from the bench I guess?

Edited by RedEyez
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm conflicted on Twine.

Looks like we're back to trying to work out if the plan is a 3-4-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 (or similar)! 😂

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm conflicted on Twine.

I’m a bit like you Mr P. I’m not sure how good he is based on what I’ve seen. But I really hope we get him as I’m sure Manning sees him as the most important piece of the jigsaw and he clearly rates him very highly.

What i mean is with twine onboard Manning can be fairly judged moving forward. If we don’t land twine and we underperform manning will probably point to that as a big factor. Rightly or wrongly.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Glad we agree on something @Mr Popodopolous 😉. I must apologise for being a bit of a douche bag to you over the last couple of weeks. One of my many flaws, we’re all red after all and I was out of line. Hope you good.

I've no issue RedEyez, it's forums and we had some crossed wires- they can be vigorous and robust..emotions are running high among fans too probably up and down..lots of change in management and players, bit of flux.

Hope all good with you also.

• Robin 1

I've no issue RedEyez, it's forums and we had some crossed wires- they can be vigorous and robust..emotions are running high among fans too probably up and down..lots of change in management and players, bit of flux.

Hope all good with you also.

Cheers mucker, appreciate it 🤝🏻

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm conflicted on Twine.

I think Tinnion is attempting to create that ‘2 players for every position’ that makes sense in theory, possibly not in practice (we are City, after all).

McCrorie/Tanner

Pring/Roberts

Vyner/Atkinson

Dickie/Naismith 

Bird/TGH

Knight/Williams

Earthy/Twine(?)

Sykes/Yu

Mehmeti/Bell

Armstrong/Fally

I suspect Stokes, in particular, isn’t realistically regarded as genuine first team yet. 

We’ve been forced into using square pegs in round holes quite a lot over the last 9 years (paying the penalty for Cotts’ ridiculous luck with injuries during the promotion season) partly through necessity (see: egg, nest) but often though apparent managerial choice. I hope, and assume, Manning will be able to call on a competent option except in the direst of circumstances, this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, awbb said:

I think Tinnion is attempting to create that ‘2 players for every position’ that makes sense in theory, possibly not in practice (we are City, after all).

McCrorie/Tanner

Pring/Roberts

Vyner/Atkinson

Dickie/Naismith 

Bird/TGH

Knight/Williams

Earthy/Twine(?)

Sykes/Yu

Mehmeti/Bell

Armstrong/Fally

I suspect Stokes, in particular, isn’t realistically regarded as genuine first team yet. 

We’ve been forced into using square pegs in round holes quite a lot over the last 9 years (paying the penalty for Cotts’ ridiculous luck with injuries during the promotion season) partly through necessity (see: egg, nest) but often though apparent managerial choice. I hope, and assume, Manning will be able to call on a competent option except in the direst of circumstances, this season.

Cornick out, Wells very much fringe, Benarous not get ready or are 2 if not 3 of those next level down?

I do agree on Stokes..Tier 7, 5, 2 is a seismic leap albeit he showed some nice things Tuesday.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mozo said:

I think there's a good argument for waiting til January and reassessing.

Disagree, lots of other clubs who pay alot more wages then us could enter the race by then. Makes sence to get scott while the competition is relatively low city just need to stop bring tight asses.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cornick out, Wells very much fringe, Benarous not get ready or are 2 if not 3 of those next level down?

I do agree on Stokes..Tier 7, 5, 2 is a seismic leap albeit he showed some nice things Tuesday.

To add to that, if we are signing another right sided player, so we try and move Sykes on?

I assume McNally who was linked is now a go-to given Conway is likely off to Middlesbrough.

To add to that, if we are signing another right sided player, so we try and move Sykes on?

I assume McNally who was linked is now a go-to given Conway is likely off to Middlesbrough.

Nah, I don’t think we have another true RW other than Sykes , do we?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wells doesn’t (theoretically) suit the system, but to leave him off was a mistake on my part. He’s here and obviously good enough to be part of the squad.

Cornick, again, doesn’t fit the system. The difference with Wells is he doesn’t really have the quality to make a difference if we throw him in with 20 to go when chasing a game. Not that I don’t like him, but wouldn’t be remotely surprised if he left for a nominal fee or even free (to another club) by the end of the window.

So difficult regarding Ayman though. I’m desperate for him to come in and pick up where he left off but I think anything other than a bit part and avoiding another horrible injury would be a success.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedEyez said:

Nah, I don’t think we have another true RW other than Sykes , do we?

Yu Hirakawa, seems to have played both. Some sites list him as RW.

I hope we don't move Sykes on as his pre injury, pre being shifted around record was good, Goals wise at least. Thought him and Tanner was a good right side.

Yu Hirakawa, seems to have played both. Some sites list him as RW.

I hope we don't move Sykes on as his pre injury, pre being shifted around record was good, Goals wise at least. Thought him and Tanner was a good right side.

Yeah I hear you but think he’s been brought in to compete with Mehmeti for LW. Bell isn’t a winger imo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm conflicted on Twine.

The thing for me - and where I’m 100% with @RedEyez - around the set pieces is the difference he’ll potentially make. Yes, he’s good at them. If we had a couple of others who were half decent, then the improvement might be marginal. But we’re pretty woeful. So he potentially makes a significant difference. No idea about Earthy of course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The thing for me - and where I’m 100% with @RedEyez - around the set pieces is the difference he’ll potentially make. Yes, he’s good at them. If we had a couple of others who were half decent, then the improvement might be marginal. But we’re pretty woeful. So he potentially makes a significant difference. No idea about Earthy of course. 

Why didn’t Twine take them all when he played at the back end of the season.  I get Roberts taking them, left foot v right foot, but we had TGH and Williams taking them with Twine on the pitch! 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why didn’t Twine take them all when he played at the back end of the season.  I get Roberts taking them, left foot v right foot, but we had TGH and Williams taking them with Twine on the pitch! 🤷🏻‍♂️

True. The mind boggles 

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

After watching Boro last night we are a million miles away from being their rivals!

I know they played well but last season we did the double over them scoring 5 goals in the process.

Now I'm not saying they aren't more likely to get top 6 this season but to say we would be a million miles away from rivalling them is a tad hyperbolic imo.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I know they played well but last season we did the double over them scoring 5 goals in the process.

Now I'm not saying they aren't more likely to get top 6 this season but to say we would be a million miles away from rivalling them is a tad hyperbolic imo.

I expect them with a lot less upheaval to improve significantly in general terms. We may still do well against them but taken as a whole I mean.

Carrick has another year under his belt too which will help. 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree. Part of it I think was the left/right foot/side thing. And part maybe the tendency we have to look for a short corner - so Twine may not take it but the objective is to feed it to him to put the decisive ball in. But I’m clutching at straws! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I expect them with a lot less upheaval to improve significantly in general terms. We may still do well against them but taken as a whole I mean.

Carrick has another year under his belt too which will help. 

Not disagreeing with that, just disagreeing with saying we'll be a million miles away from being rivals. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Not disagreeing with that, just disagreeing with saying we'll be a million miles away from being rivals. 

We shall see. On the day we can give anyone a game, over a season? +10 points on us IMO.

Of course that can still change because Twine may join and knit things together, Earthy maybe like Alex Scott but this time on a solid base with finances sorted and one of the new strikers may click and get on a roll.

Yu could also add a spark.

As it stands though, 10 or more points above us would be a guess.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

For the whole summer every report we get on Twine has a negative angle to it which leads me to believe this won’t happen, just hoping that one day we’ll get a Bristol Live article out of the blue saying something is agreed, slowly giving up hope on this one and think if it does happen it’ll be deadline day

• Sad 1

Ok timing isnt great and more ideal to get him in at start of the Summer for pre season, but if they get Twine in they’ve not failed in getting their number 1 target, just taken a long time to secure it 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Bcfc24 said:

For the whole summer every report we get on Twine has a negative angle to it which leads me to believe this won’t happen, just hoping that one day we’ll get a Bristol Live article out of the blue saying something is agreed, slowly giving up hope on this one and think if it does happen it’ll be deadline day

I just can't see Burnley dropping their valuation by a million or two. 

There is also the consideration that some of the Conway fee could be redirected to finally secure the signing of Twine. However, Bristol Live understands that a deal is still not close at this stage as City and Burnley remain far apart in terms of their valuation of the 25-year-old

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

There is also the consideration that some of the Conway fee could be redirected to finally secure the signing of Twine. However, Bristol Live understands that a deal is still not close at this stage as City and Burnley remain far apart in terms of their valuation of the 25-year-old

They are doing it with most of their players, Man United have backed off Sander Berge because Burnley are pricing him so high, something will have to give for them at some point. Although the issue we’ve got is I think something will give with their high earners of which Twine isn’t one.

Just now, Bcfc24 said:

They are doing it with most of their players, Man United have backed off Sander Berge because Burnley are pricing him so high, something will have to give for them at some point. Although the issue we’ve got is I think something will give with their high earners of which Twine isn’t one.

What you’ll start seeing I think is Berge, Weghorst, O’Shea going before they even consider letting Twine or McNally for that matter sign for us 

37 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

What I cannot understand is why Manning would let them take corners in the first place. 

Probably to get both as far away from the box as possible as neither ever likely to score and thinking that with short corners they may be able to get at least one successful pass to a red shirt.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I must admit I wouldn't be overly impressed if we blew the whole Conway fee on Twine. I just don't think he's a player who will make the difference we need for that type of money. If they want anything like £4.5m we should just walk.

• Like 4

Meant for Twine thread sorry but..

If Twine really wanted to come here why don’t he play ball with Burnley and force a move through just like many other players when they wish to leave, they will freeze him out the squad and reduce his fee a little to get him gone! Better than paying 2 more years worth of wages

Edited by HengroveReds

1 minute ago, HengroveReds said:

If he really wanted to come here why don’t he play ball with Burnley and force a move through just like many other players when they wish to leave, they will freeze him out the squad and reduce his fee a little to get him gone! Better than paying 2 more years worth of wages

I expect he’s open to the move’ but I doubt he’s desperate enough to do that.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Scott Twine - The Saga [Merged]
2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I must admit I wouldn't be overly impressed if we blew the whole Conway fee on Twine. I just don't think he's a player who will make the difference we need for that type of money. If they want anything like £4.5m we should just walk.

Only get what you pay for 

1 hour ago, HengroveReds said:

Meant for Twine thread sorry but..

If Twine really wanted to come here why don’t he play ball with Burnley and force a move through just like many other players when they wish to leave, they will freeze him out the squad and reduce his fee a little to get him gone! Better than paying 2 more years worth of wages

Cause he’d probably lose out financially. 

52 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Only get what you pay for 

That's a way too simplistic statement with respect. Sometimes you don't get the value from what you pay for something. Every player has a maximum price and clubs like ours can't piss £4.5m up the wall because a few fans are getting impatient. If Liam and Tinnion think he is worth that and pay it then they'll be judged on it but if they think Twine is overpriced, at £4.5m he would be at least 50% overpriced imo, and Burnley aren't being sensible then they should walk away and tell Burnley they know our phone number if they change their mind. Panic buying at inflated prices helps nobody but the selling party.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

That's a way too simplistic statement with respect. Sometimes you don't get the value from what you pay for something. Every player has a maximum price and clubs like ours can't piss £4.5m up the wall because a few fans are getting impatient. If Liam and Tinnion think he is worth that and pay it then they'll be judged on it but if they think Twine is overpriced, at £4.5m he would be at least 50% overpriced imo, and Burnley aren't being sensible then they should walk away and tell Burnley they know our phone number if they change their mind. Panic buying at inflated prices helps nobody but the selling party.

Unless your shopping in Aldi ( league 2 or 1 ) that’s the price of established championship players 

• Like 2

This is all de ja vu again when we signed Kasey Palmer. All talk over summer and it was made out amongst supporters on here Palmer was the best thing since sliced bread and was an absolute must to sign him. When he wasn’t even needed.

I’m not even sure we need Twine and would have liked to have looked for a better number 10 elsewhere given the effort and talk that’s been put in to date. Not saying Twine is a bad player. But he hardly set the world alight here.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, The Coach said:

This is all de ja vu again when we signed Kasey Palmer. All talk over summer and it was made out amongst supporters on here Palmer was the best thing since sliced bread and was an absolute must to sign him. When he wasn’t even needed.

I’m not even sure we need Twine and would have liked to have looked for a better number 10 elsewhere given the effort and talk that’s been put in to date. Not saying Twine is a bad player. But he hardly set the world alight here.

Palmer behind Weimann and Afobe...that was starting to click tbh, IMO.

Afobe injured..that was that!

Palmer behind Weimann and Afobe...that was starting to click tbh, IMO.

Afobe injured..that was that!

It was. Didn’t last long unfortunately. Even if Afobe stayed fit. Not sure we would have kept that rhythm going.

• Like 1

This focus on getting one player, who I feel was pretty ordinary when we had him last season worries me.

You just know all this crap will drag on until the last minute, knowing our luck we'll get him, then he'll get injured and be out for months - then what, does that destroy all our planning for the season? Assuming it doesn't, then did we even need him in the first place?

I really hope the club are looking at alternative options now and not just pinning all their hopes on getting Twine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redstart said:

This focus on getting one player, who I feel was pretty ordinary when we had him last season worries me.

You just know all this crap will drag on until the last minute, knowing our luck we'll get him, then he'll get injured and be out for months - then what, does that destroy all our planning for the season? Assuming it doesn't, then did we even need him in the first place?

I really hope the club are looking at alternative options now and not just pinning all their hopes on getting Twine. 

Based on what Tinnion said at the Senior Reds event today, it’s evident that we are exploring other options for our new “10”….

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Stands to reason. I believe Burnley are owned by ALK Capital LLC - an American investment group - not an entity likely to cause their assets to be undervalued.

19 hours ago, awbb said:

McCrorie/Tanner

Pring/Roberts

Vyner/Atkinson

Dickie/Naismith 

Bird/TGH

Knight/Williams

Earthy/Twine(?)

Sykes/Yu

Mehmeti/Bell

Armstrong/Fally

Where Wells ?

37 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’d sooner sign another winger with end product than Twine. If you ask Arsenal fans who they would put as first name on team sheet, it would be Saka from a creativity perspective. 

But that's because Saka is a phenomenal talent not because of the position he plays.

• Like 12