IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

43 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’d sooner sign another winger with end product than Twine. If you ask Arsenal fans who they would put as first name on team sheet, it would be Saka from a creativity perspective. 

I'd argue Odegaard is more creative for Arsenal than Saka. Both world class though so no real benchmark for our recruitment.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Unless your shopping in Aldi ( league 2 or 1 ) that’s the price of established championship players 

That's fine but those players have to add something when you buy them. I'm not sure what Scott Twine has shown us to date bar odd glimpses, stats around we won a few games when he was playing aren't enough for me. He hasn't done enough to pass the "eye test" and if there's a better player than Scott Twine out there for £4.5m on reasonable wages then that's who you look to buy. You don't panic buy the first player that comes along who can play at the standard just because you need a player. If the club decide that Scott Twine is overpriced I certainly won't be losing my shit about it. Better than buying a player who many want now out of desperation then the "same many" will slag off the hierarchy for buying IN HINDSIGHT if he doesn't produce. There ain't exactly a queue forming around the block..................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RedReg said:

Time to move on

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Done deal I'm hearing - not for the first time though!

Sums up this entire thread basically 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yes, sorry - not sure whether it's someone on the wind-up - as I said - it's not the first time I've heard it.

It appears to be doing the rounds that today is indeed the day,

(no screenshots please)

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It appears to be doing the rounds that today is indeed the day,

(no screenshots please)

Yeah have also seen bits and pieces but we’ve had so many false dawns with this one that you struggle to believe it

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

It’s doing the rounds.  It’s been doing the rounds before though.

If I was 2+2, I’d say Conway out Twine in.

Yeah announce Conway has left then an hour later in comes Twine. Ideal scenario, pleaseeeeeeee let this be over today so I can enjoy my weekend.

Just now, RedEyez said:

Yeah announce Conway has left then an hour later in comes Twine. Ideal scenario, pleaseeeeeeee let this be over today so I can enjoy my weekend.

I’m just about to start the next 100 page thread “how do we play Earthy and Twine together”

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I honestly cannot wait until the Conway and Twine sagas are over. Exhausting.

The twine saga might end if we sign him but the Conway saga will just be starting when he leaves I’m afraid.

I think his performances at his new club will be analysed like never before even by otib standards, with all the debate from those who rate him and those who don’t going round in circles for a long time.

Just now, milo1111 said:

The twine saga might end if we sign him but the Conway saga will just be starting when he leaves I’m afraid.

I think his performances at his new club will be analysed like never before even by otib standards, with all the debate from those who rate him and those who don’t going round in circles for a long time.

Will be a while before that starts imo, if it is middlesborough he goes to he’s gotta wait for his chances. Cant see him starting over latte lath.

Just now, HengroveReds said:

Odorbert Deal worth 37 million. If Scott stayed for another season he’d would’ve been valued at 30/35 I think 

Final year of deal though..that can knock some off?

However injuries permitting he (mentality permitting also) would've lit up the division IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I’m sure it will but personally couldn’t care less. Good luck to him

32 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

What's the point? The kid wants to move away, it's not like we transfer listed him or released him. Yes, the club could have acted different and tried to increase value, I get that, but what doesn't change is that Conway wanted out. I can only speak for myself but my main interest will be in the improvements our signings make. If you're more interested in Tommy Conway than Bristol City then get on the train and go and watch Middlesbrough!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fly in the air said:

exactly. I agree pay or move on. not sure we have a plan b

It seems that Plan A was BOTH Twine and Earthy. The Croatian seems to be a tentative Plan B but we'll see...................I must admit that Brian talking about stuff doesn't inspire me. The only thing he hasn't shouted his mouth off about is the Earthy deal and we got that one done!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What's the point? The kid wants to move away, it's not like we transfer listed him or released him Yes, the club could have acted different and tried to increase value, I get that, but what doesn't change is that Conway wanted out. I can only speak for myself but my main interest will be in the improvements our signings make. If you more interested in Tommy Conway than Bristol City then get on the train and go and watch Middlesbrough!!

Couldn’t agree more with this. But I’m sure there are plenty of people that will over analyse how he goes at boro (if that’s where he goes) and make comparisons with his time here. 

not that I’ll be one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

Couldn’t agree more with this. But I’m sure there are plenty of people that will over analyse how he goes at boro (if that’s where he goes) and make comparisons with his time here. 

not that I’ll be one of them.

The comparison will be made when Tommy Conway FC Supporters feel the need to dig out the club. When Sinclair misses a sitter "Tommy would have buried that" etc. etc. The fact he doesn't want to play for us will be ignored........in fact some seem to be literally IN DENIAL about that.

• Like 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Maybe the Odorbert deal means they can be more flexible on the payment schedule in other deals?

They have several American hard nosed investors/owners who won't know the meaning of flexible and I understand the club have been told they have to get in 50m to service loans etc (info from the Burnley forum).

If Twine comes here, City will have paid whatever the asking price is imo - not sure what that asking price is but I've seen 4m talked about on here and elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It seems that Plan A was BOTH Twine and Earthy. The Croatian seems to be a tentative Plan B but we'll see...................I must admit that Brian talking about stuff doesn't inspire me. The only thing he hasn't shouted his mouth off about is the Earthy deal and we got that one done!!

Think the Croatian was a ruse to put us off the scent.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Think the Croatian was a ruse to put us off the scent.

Well, I must admit, I prefer the Brian that shuts his mouth and just gets something done.........so yeah, the fact he's been vocal on the Croatian is probably the death knell on him ever coming!!

• Like 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The comparison will be made when Tommy Conway FC Supporters feel the need to dig out the club. When Sinclair misses a sitter "Tommy would have buried that" etc. etc. The fact he doesn't want to play for us will be ignored........in fact some seem to be literally IN DENIAL about that.

Both can be true. I'll have interest in how Tommy does at Boro because I believe their style suits his game more. But I also think that Sincs and Fally suit Manning's style more so it's probably a case of everyone can be happy. Especially Liam if this allows him to get Twine here.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m just about to start the next 100 page thread “how do we play Earthy and Twine together”

I think Manning played with 2 10's at MK Dons

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

The same side of CENTRE attacking midfield? How does that work please? 

Alex Scott was a really good attacking rb. Good players get on the pitch. Only BCFC is it bad to have 2 good players in the same position🤣 well at least according to this forum. This could mean less minutes for Bell, Cornick and Mehmeti. I’m not sure anyone would feel awful if some other players got a chance ahead of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His brother has said Twiney is back. He was right last time. Welcome back ST!

Where has he said this? Seen some cryptic stuff from his mum but not seen anything from his brother

Just now, Bcfc24 said:

Where has he said this? Seen some cryptic stuff from his mum but not seen anything from his brother

Can you post please

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

His brother has said Twiney is back. He was right last time. Welcome back ST!

Ditto 

Just now, Bcfc24 said:

Mate of mine has worked with him. He has sat with us at city. Introduces himself to people as Scott Twine’s brother🤣 anyway he texted my mate that this morning

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Mate of mine has worked with him. He has sat with us at city. Introduces himself to people as Scott Twine’s brother🤣 anyway he texted my mate that this morning

Good enough for me mate. Buzzing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right I’m getting excited. I actually think he wasn’t as good as he could have been on loan but still better than what we have. Add in if George Earthy hits the floor running we could actually see some creativity in the final third. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ahh…

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Good enough for me mate. Buzzing.

I hope so. It was similar in January. I would expect news some news either way, true or false. 

Regardless what you think of Twine and his ceiling, I think it is clear he adds goal threat to the side. Set pieces mostly but has a bit of magic to his game too. Honestly think he is capable of a great season that could propel us to playoffs. Slim chance might I add but think that ceiling is there

Edited by JoeAman08

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Right I’m getting excited. I actually think he wasn’t as good as he could have been on loan but still better than what we have. Add in if George Earthy hits the floor running we could actually see some creativity in the final third. 

Let’s just wait until someone reputable says it’s happening first before anyone gets too excited we’ve been here before

• Facepalm 1

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I hope so. It was similar in January. Regardless what you think of Twine and his ceiling, I think it is clear he adds goal threat to the side. Set pieces mostly but has a bit of magic to his game too. Honestly think he is capable of a great season that could propel us to playoffs. Slim chance might I add but think that ceiling is there

Yep. Agreed, let’s have a proper go at it now ! We have to be challenging for play offs minimum with 10 to go if / once ST signs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Yep. Agreed, let’s have a proper go at it now ! We have to be challenging for play offs minimum with 10 to go if / once ST signs. 

I think that would be a good target. Be in the hunt for most of the season. None of this slipping to 19th for a week or two. The playoffs would be nice but so many stronger teams. Just stay in it and maybe get hot at the right time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Let’s just wait until someone reputable says it’s happening first before anyone gets too excited we’ve been here before

What ? Like….his….own….brother!?

Welcome back, Scott.

Edited by RedEyez

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think that would be a good target. Be in the hunt for most of the season. None of this slipping to 19th for a week or two. The playoffs would be nice but so many stronger teams. Just stay in it and maybe get hot at the right time. 

Should be given that the Financial picture and backing relative to what was possible before has eased significantly- Twine permitting of course.

2 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ahh another false dawn today then

You really have to relax mate.. we literally have two weeks till the end of the window so we'll find out sooner rather than later.

JoeAman is only posting what he's heard. It seems very plausible his mate used to work with Twines brother so he'd know for sure. Either way just chill. 

• Like 8