IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, only rubbish sources.

+++++

seems like we all got the “it’s done” message 15 mins ago! 🤣🤣🤣

Mine was decent - they would have been at the HPC this morning.

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m just looking to Ian Gay’s version of what suddenly changed to get this one done.

Unless we've come into compromising photos of Scott Parker, it's got to be a loan with obligation hasn't it?

The club's were miles apart in valuations and have been for 7 months. I reckon we'll be paying a decent loan fee as well on this one.

35 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

The same side of CENTRE attacking midfield? How does that work please? 

Both of them like to drift off to the left. 

Scott Twine's heatmap:
image.png.dec0cf12833f8b1fead0aaa4427c7dfa.png

George Earthy's Heatmap:

image.png.697631d44b65277519ea7a592bd80f2b.png

Central attacking midfielders aren't typically really centrally attacking. But we do not really know with Earthy he could be just fine on the right side if we play with 2 10s.

Just for an easy example of a central attacking midfielder whos more comfortable drifting right:

Kevin De Bruyne's heatmap:

image.png.18c503c441bccfed6dec54e8e87a180f.png

I'm sure Manning knows how he'll resolve this though.

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MythikRobins said:

Both of them like to drift off to the left. 

Scott Twine's heatmap:
image.png.dec0cf12833f8b1fead0aaa4427c7dfa.png

George Earthy's Heatmap:

image.png.697631d44b65277519ea7a592bd80f2b.png

Central attacking midfielders aren't typically really centrally attacking. But we do not really know with Earthy he could be just fine on the right side if we play with 2 10s.

Just for an easy example of a central attacking midfielder whos more comfortable drifting right:

Kevin De Bruyne's heatmap:

image.png.18c503c441bccfed6dec54e8e87a180f.png

I'm sure Manning knows how he'll resolve this though.

They’ll float between themselves. 

27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Mate of mine has worked with him. He has sat with us at city. Introduces himself to people as Scott Twine’s brother🤣 anyway he texted my mate that this morning

I’m Scott Twines brother and so’s my wife 😂

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Should be given that the Financial picture and backing relative to what was possible before has eased significantly- Twine permitting of course.

That 4-11 is usually pretty consistent over the season. After the first 15 games anyway. It would be nice to be there this time around. 

3 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

Bird Knight

Yu Earthy Twine

Mayulu

--------------------------------

O'Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie

Bird Knight

Yu Earthy Twine Pring

Mayulu

Not sure about Yu as a RWB but both teams do look frighteningly good on paper !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

It's the same team, just with and without the ball as the bottom one is pretty much always our shape in possession under Manning - no matter if we play a back four or back five.

Edited by TammyAB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Love the excitement for Yu and Earthy given neither have had any minutes of competitive football In anything like the championship. I think/hope they'll both be a success here, but if they aren't our summer will look a bit...meh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

It's the same team, just with and without the ball as the bottom one is pretty much always our shape in possession under Manning - no matter if we play a back four or back five.

A good point well made, sir

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That 4-11 is usually pretty consistent over the season. After the first 15 games anyway. It would be nice to be there this time around. 

Well we were indeed 11th after 15 Games but yet we clawed ourselves back twice, only t9 stumble again.

Coventry surged from deep, they had 16 points from 16 Games heading into that International break. Middlesbrough were odd, streaky almost..had 2 points from 7 then, then a strong run- which we ended! Then had a big slump again before rallying. Us and Plymouth beat them in February, March time as did others probably.

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

The twine saga might end if we sign him but the Conway saga will just be starting when he leaves I’m afraid.

I think his performances at his new club will be analysed like never before even by otib standards, with all the debate from those who rate him and those who don’t going round in circles for a long time.

Inject a "Conway would've scored that" in every match-thread from now until he retires straight into my veins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Mate of mine has worked with him. He has sat with us at city. Introduces himself to people as Scott Twine’s brother🤣 anyway he texted my mate that this morning

I always introduce myself as George Clooney’s twin brother … :cool:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Today is actually the day. If anyone wants to see the proof PM me as I dont feel comfortable sharing it publicly anymore.

FWIW I believe you've been told it's happening today/have proof. :)

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Unless we've come into compromising photos of Scott Parker, it's got to be a loan with obligation hasn't it?

The club's were miles apart in valuations and have been for 7 months. I reckon we'll be paying a decent loan fee as well on this one.

Perm Neil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Scott Twine's brother!

In seriousness, really happy. Costs/fees permitting, Twine brings a lot of qualities that we are lacking. Manning clearly a huge fan and he's finally got his target. Down to him to get us playing right and push forward 

Coyr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nuno Gomes said:

I wonder if all this excitement is more to do with the fact that we can finally draw a line under this tortuous affair. I for one am not convinced on what I have seen so far as far as his ability.

Manning’s gonna get him cooking mate, I just know it.

• Like 2

Just now, Nuno Gomes said:

I wonder if all this excitement is more to do with the fact that we can finally draw a line under this tortuous affair. I for one am not convinced on what I have seen so far as far as his ability.

He’s certainly going to have a lot of pressure on to play well’ pressure on manning now as well 

• Like 3

Just now, RedEyez said:

I’ve lit candles and everything

Rudolph says he will be round shortly with a bottle of Astii Spumanti, a box of Black Magic, his Demis Roussos cd and with Brut " splashed all over" ! :shocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, RedEyez said:

Manning’s gonna get him cooking mate, I just know it.

This is the hope yeah.

Sometimes certain managers and players..they just click.

He still probably hasn't entirely peaked yet being 25. Earthy and Twine and the Conway saga finally ending (sad how it has done)..starting to get a little bit more optimism especially given the Twine Manning connection.

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

He’s certainly going to have a lot of pressure on to play well’ pressure on manning now as well 

Yep 100%. Especially if he is £4m+

• Like 1

Just now, downendcity said:

Rudolph says he will be round shortly with a bottle of Astii Spumanti, a box of Black Magic, his Demis Roussos cd and with Brut " splashed all over" ! :shocking:

@RedEyez - you gonna walking like Rob Lowe in the alternative Wayne’s World ending, tomorrow.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Look in my opinion we would have overpaid, however fair play to the club getting it done. They wanted him and are getting him. 

He was clearly Mannings number 1 priority and he’s been backed. Over to LM now 

• Like 5

Was always going to get done eventually- you don’t spend all summer very openly talking about a player being your primary target for it not to happen.

Very excited about our chances of threatening the play offs all of a sudden with the signings of Earthy and Twine

• Like 3

Just now, Rob k said:

He was clearly Mannings number 1 priority and he’s been backed. Over to LM now 

Yep Manning has certainly been backed. Much more than the Pearson IMO. Now he needs to get a tune out of them. 

• Like 5