IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

4 minutes ago, Stockwood redss said:

Imagine the deal isnโ€™t even close and someone has just made all this up๐Ÿ˜‚

This does feel very 'Frank Lampard announced on Monday' to me...

Where is Shagsy when you need him? Middlesbrough...?ย ๐Ÿ‘€

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swede said:

I've just seen ST getting some rolling tobacco and a flagon of sherry from the offy in Duckmoor Road. Looks like he's in for a session at the gate this afternoon.

You'd have thought he could afford straights! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

ย Yep Manning has certainly been backed. Much more than the Pearson IMO. Now he needs to get a tune out of them.ย 

Very much so. He appears to have got what he wanted so over to you Liam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZDA said:

Conway officially signed for Boro. Twine next for us.ย 

Both sagas in one day (hopefully). My mind is at rest ... for now

Iโ€™m honestly gonna sleep so well tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

ย Yep Manning has certainly been backed. Much more than the Pearson IMO. Now he needs to get a tune out of them.ย 

Definitely.....I want Twine to succeed, but have to say IMO his performances need to be a level above what we saw during his loan spell to justify this saga of getting him in permanently.

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Iโ€™ll tell you what, if City pull off the Twine deal ALL City fans should clap their hands in appreciation of these summer signingsย 

Including the owners who would have had a big say in thingsย 

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

Is nothing short of tremendous ย 

ย 

Well done City ๐Ÿ”ดโšช๏ธ๐Ÿ”ด

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I see it more doing their job to strengthen the side within the budget we have. Most of those signings are unproven at this level. So there is a level of risk involved.
ย 

If we had announced Mbappe, Bellingham, Yamal, Vinicius Jr. Then I may well do so.

Edited by The Coach

Just now, NDW4CITY said:

Definitely.....I want Twine to succeed, but have to say IMO his performances need to be a level above what we saw during his loan spell to justify this saga of getting him in permanently.

He got injured half way through remember. Fully fit he will be a huge, huge asset.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Iโ€™ll tell you what, if City pull off the Twine deal ALL City fans should clap their hands in appreciation of these summer signingsย 

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Not if you are an academy player it is not. LJ all over again. SL dreamed of a pathway to the first team, he spent 20 years and millions getting there. He finally got it. Then. Poof out of the window. Back to the cycle that ends one way. Bonkers club.ย 

I have nothing against the profile of signings BTW, just the way the club has yet again gone off in another direction, a direction that failed miserably, many times.ย 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

He got injured half way through remember. Fully fit he will be a huge, huge asset.

Sure....and when he played we lost only once? Hopefully with Yu, Fally and Sincs in the team, it will also give him more scope to show his talent.

3 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I see it more doing their job to strengthen the side within the budget we have. Most of those signings are unproven at this level. So there is a level of risk involved.
ย 

If we had announced Mbappe, Bellingham, Yamal, Vinicius Jr. Then I may well do so.

Those are all unproven in the Championship too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Not if you are an academy player it is not. LJ all over again. SL dreamed of a pathway to the first team, he spent 20 years and millions getting there. He finally got it. Then. Poof out of the window. Back to the cycle that ends one way. Bonkers club.ย 

I have nothing against the profile of signings BTW, just the way the club has yet again gone off in another direction, a direction that failed miserably, many times.ย 

Why do you Mr P have to like every miserable post and poster? It must be agony 46k posts and still going strong mind, now that is loyalty 100% unlike Tommy Baby.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I disagree. Jury is out a lot.

Bird, very happy with him on a low fee. Also happy with Stokes.

Yu / Mayulu - let's see how they get on.ย 

Twine / Armstong - time will tell on if they are worth the money. They could be over priced...ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 2

1 minute ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Why do you Mr P have to like every miserable post and poster? It must be agony 46k posts and still going strong mind, now that is loyalty 100% unlike Tommy Baby.

Not at all..I'm happy with a number of aspects but I'm not an uncritical happy Clapper either.

8 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

image.thumb.png.12c03ce35e159e5680ff5cd2d65e9f84.pngYou have to think that when the Conway deal was sorted the money was freed up for Twine

ย 

Hope this is all correctย 

They may be better than us but that shirt and haircut combo would. not even pass muster chez monsieur le crayon.

ย 

'Nearly died' I'm not surprised!

Edited by stortfordred

8 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

That direction being whatโ€ฆ signing footballers???ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

My post was an opinion, it was not miserable. I do not like the approach the club is taking. I fully believed, and saw, that focusing on our academy, with an ambitious sink-or-swim approach was a direction, our owner had wanted from day one and was proving a great success I do not understand why you are attacking Mr P. He is passionate, he has a view, it may not be yours, but he is entitled to it. If anyone is miserable it is you, nothing of value to add, just snide comments. Now that is miserable.ย 

Can you explain what loyalty means in football? I think we just banked ยฃ5M from TC, how many academy players gave us that amount of money?ย  and that allowed Manning to get his prime target Twine. He did not want TC anyway. Manning will be jumping for joy. He got what he wanted.ย 

ย 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

My post was an opinion, it was not miserable. I do not like the approach the club is taking. I fully believed, and saw, that focusing on our academy, with an ambitious sink-or-swim approach was a direction, our owner had wanted from day one and was proving a great success I do not understand why you are attacking Mr P. He is passionate, he has a view, it may not be yours, but he is entitled to it. If anyone is miserable it is you, nothing of value to add, just snide comments. Now that is miserable.ย 

Can you explain what loyalty means in football? I think we just banked ยฃ5M from TC, how many academy players gave us that amount of money?ย  and that allowed Manning to get his prime target Twine. He did not want TC anyway. Manning will be jumping for joy. He got what he wanted.ย 

ย 

I agree that the flip-flopping..3 players developed and grew under NP to some extent and all yielded profit and were sold.

Manning is being backed quite well- hopefully medium term the next 2 off the rank will be J-K-L and S-P-H.

Yeboah younger, may take more time.

Nelson and or Benarous too fitness and health permitting.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

The pathway was always going to be "ruined" if your benchmark was what it was in 2021/22. Nige was rightfully moaning about not having more senior players as well, at the start of the last season, at that point we could fill our bench with senior players (barring any injuries). It sadly partially ended up getting him sacked I would've liked to see him with a squad like ours now. At least, 2 senior players in every position with the academy being used to cover if any injuries particularly burden one position.

Edited by MythikRobins
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

New front line so no excuse now for not seeing the front football he says about as all his signings.ย 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not at all..I'm happy with a number of aspects but I'm not an uncritical happy Clapper either.

But for crying out loud give some credit here, we are forming a good squad and still 2 weeks to go in the window, you say you are not unhappy all the time fair enough but then you dismiss a more positive poster type as a happy clapper.ย 

The finances have been straightened out we are in a pretty good place and building, all the B.S around Tinman and the board just get's so tiresome, as if some actually can't wait for us to fail.ย 

I am scared of being top 6 playoffs hate them especially after last time, only way to do it top 2 we can fill Leeds boots this season and get over the line, let's get a good striker in and see us go...........๐Ÿคฉ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, NDW4CITY said:

I would agree but when you consider he came late in the window, he got injured and didnโ€™t feature until like March, he did ok imo.ย 

A lot was made he only made a difference against Rotherham. However, Rotherham and teams like that are where we needed the biggest difference imo. You can see weโ€™ll get chances against the more expansive teams. It is the teams that are more pragmatic in their approach is where we struggle. His set pieces will be huge in these games, especially as we have gotten more physically imposing over the last few years

• Like 4

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

But for crying out loud give some credit here, we are forming a good squad and still 2 weeks to go in the window, you say you are not unhappy all the time fair enough but then you dismiss a more positive poster type as a happy clapper.ย 

The finances have been straightened out we are in a pretty good place and building, all the B.S around Tinman and the board just get's so tiresome, as if some actually can't wait for us to fail.ย 

I am scared of being top 6 playoffs hate them especially after last time, only way to do it top 2 we can fill Leeds boots this season and get over the line, let's get a good striker in and see us go...........๐Ÿคฉ

Oh okay then, I do think some progress is being made.

I wonder about the swing in strategy but maybe we are going for it a bit? There are some decent component pieces and LM isn't LJ.

2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Iโ€™ll have whatever your smoking please mate ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NDW4CITY said:

I like him - thought he looked miles better than any other player we had. Itโ€™s a good signing i think and one the manager has wanted since he got here i reckon.ย 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Selred said:

I disagree. Jury is out a lot.

Bird, very happy with him on a low fee. Also happy with Stokes.

Yu / Mayulu - let's see how they get on.ย 

Twine / Armstong - time will tell on if they are worth the money. They could be over priced...ย 

ย 

Every now and again circumstances will dictate how much you have to pay. Twine is under contract with a PP club that does not need the money. He was clearly number 1 target so we may have paid a little more than we would have liked. Ultimately it wonโ€™t be a great deal over will it?ย 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

ย 

So you have learned nothing then.... other than you don't like the approach the club is taking blah blah, but just focussing on the Academy would not be the road to promotion, if you honestly believe that you are deluded.ย 

Relying on that route would see us mid table at best, NOW we are looking beyond that with the Academy but not solely the Academy, Nige has gone get over it the both of you.

25 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

They may be better than us but that shirt and haircut combo would. not even pass muster chez monsieur le crayon.

ย 

very One Direction

43 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Letโ€™s see in January when we are fighting Preston for 12th place shall weย ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh okay then, I do think some progress is being made.

I wonder about the swing in strategy but maybe we are going for it a bit? There are some decent component pieces and LM isn't LJ.

Yep you are a honest guy, I really can see it P and I wish we all could, but I am sounding like a Clapper now, so the proof of the pudding is on the pitch, but it might take some time to tick, but we a desperately short of a striker in the mould of a upgraded Conway.

• Robin 1

4 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

So you have learned nothing then.... other than you don't like the approach the club is taking blah blah, but just focussing on the Academy would not be the road to promotion, if you honestly believe that you are deluded.ย 

Relying on that route would see us mid table at best, NOW we are looking beyond that with the Academy but not solely the Academy, Nige has gone get over it the both of you.

Let's hope then that building on the solid base a top 6 push (not saying definite success but a push) is plausible this year.

42 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

For the new seasonย 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONGย 

STOKES

EARTHYย 

TWINEย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I would be excited about our signings, if I hadnโ€™t been there and done that a million times.ย 

Letโ€™s just face it now, weโ€™re going to finish 12th, 13th or 14th.ย 

All this does is cements the theory that Lansdown doesnโ€™t want a proven manager, heโ€™ll just throw money at a pet project to make it work. And thatโ€™s fine, itโ€™s his money, he can do what he wants with it, but if only he could apply the same level of skill to appointing and backing managers as he does to financial investment.

Just for once, a nice level playing field would be lovely.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Yep you are a honest guy, I really can see it P and I wish we all could, but I am sounding like a Clapper now, so the proof of the pudding is on the pitch, but it might take some time to tick, but we a desperately short of a striker in the mould of a upgraded Conway.

I've been dreaming of Stansfield all summer and yes you're clearly passionate and honest too Cotswold.

If we got in Stansfield on top of this..well even I would be proclaiming us as decent Top 6 Contenders. ;)

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I would be excited about our signings, if I hadnโ€™t been there and done that a million times.ย 

All this does is cements the theory that Lansdown doesnโ€™t want a proven manager, heโ€™ll just throw money at a pet project to make it work. And thatโ€™s fine, itโ€™s his money, he can do what he wants with it, but if only he could apply the same level of skill to appointing and backing managers as he does to financial investment.

Live a little ffs! We're clearly set up to have a great season! And finish 9th.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Every now and again circumstances will dictate how much you have to pay. Twine is under contract with a PP club that does not need the money. He was clearly number 1 target so we may have paid a little more than we would have liked. Ultimately it wonโ€™t be a great deal over will it?ย 

ยฃ4m is a lot of money, if it's around that ball park. If Twine worth it? Let's see.ย 

1 hour ago, MythikRobins said:

Both of them like to drift off to the left.ย 

Scott Twine's heatmap:
image.png.dec0cf12833f8b1fead0aaa4427c7dfa.png

George Earthy's Heatmap:

image.png.697631d44b65277519ea7a592bd80f2b.png

Central attacking midfielders aren't typically really centrally attacking. But we do not really know with Earthy he could be just fine on the right side if we play with 2 10s.

Just for an easy example of a central attacking midfielder whos more comfortable drifting right:

Kevin De Bruyne's heatmap:

image.png.18c503c441bccfed6dec54e8e87a180f.png

ย 

I'm sure Manning knows how he'll resolve this though.

Probably worth looking at the heatmaps based on starting position:

Twineโ€™s Heatmap different starting left to starting more centrally. ย I do agree that he favours the left side though.
ย 

57 minutes ago, Jose said:

He's been able to sign two strikersย 

2 no 10s (3 if you include Stokes)ย 

And Hirakawa as a winger.ย 

And all that is on top of having the likes of Wells, Cornick, Bell, Sykes etc.

And I'm not entirely sure we're finished either.ย 

He has to get us scoring goals now.ย 

They have heavily backed their man like we all expected.ย 

Expectations have now gone up.ย 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

It will be fitting if we announced our new number 10 at 10pm, wouldnโ€™t it?

Not really, too late for most on here. Got to get the zzz's in ahead of the first home game of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Such as "Championes, Championes ! Ole, ole, ole "

I'd even settle for

"We're going up. We're going up. City are going up ! "

Edited by Bazooka Joe

Is this true, or just people assuming because Conway has been sold that Twine is incoming? Personally, i can't see it, but i will be happy to be proven wrong.

Edit: ah just seen Piercy's response to a tweet, i could be getting proven wrong very soon then!

Edited by Mr Hankey

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Another doom & gloom post . We are stronger than we were last season.... any rational City fan can see that. Last year we were good defensively and perhaps got stronger now with return of Atkinson & Naismith... same for midfield with Bird, & now chuck in Earthy. ย With Yu, Sinc's and Fally..why not be better final third. ย 

There is also no reason to believe that Manning will not be a top, top head coach. ย Look at some of the comments made by the opposition end of last season about us. (Norwich and Ipswich who really fancy us for a good season). Be happy Fordy62... ย ๐Ÿ˜†. ย 

Now where has this rumour sprung from that the Twine deal done....I looked on this thread and few pages back someone says deal is done ? ย Nothing from Lancashire or down here... ย That sparks noise its done? Any hard evidence anywhere ??

6 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Ian has taken his post down and is saying it isnโ€™t true ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Or been given a bollocking for โ€œannouncingโ€ something isnโ€™t his to โ€œannounceโ€. ย FFS show some respect to your club source.

• Like 8