IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Another doom & gloom post . We are stronger than we were last season.... any rational City fan can see that. Last year we were good defensively and perhaps got stronger now with return of Atkinson & Naismith... same for midfield with Bird, & now chuck in Earthy. ย With Yu, Sinc's and Fally..why not be better final third. ย 

There is also no reason to believe that Manning will not be a top, top head coach. ย Look at some of the comments made by the opposition end of last season about us. (Norwich and Ipswich who really fancy us for a good season). Be happy Fordy62... ย ๐Ÿ˜†. ย 

Now where has this rumour sprung from that the Twine deal done....I looked on this thread and few pages back someone says deal is done ? ย Nothing from Lancashire or down here... ย That sparks noise its done? Any hard evidence anywhere ??

Just look at the wealth of people saying itโ€™s done. Some forum big hitters. They seem to think itโ€™s done, so Iโ€™ll go with it.ย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Iโ€™ll say it again as Iโ€™m first to have a pop at the club. Fair play for getting it done.ย 

Yep, same - I've been very critical of the running of the club in recent years, but they've done well to get him in.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Just look at the wealth of people saying itโ€™s done. Some forum big hitters. They seem to think itโ€™s done, so Iโ€™ll go with it.ย 

Some now backtracking as well...๐Ÿค”ย another 50 pages on this thread๐Ÿ˜†

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

And giving the boss exactly what he needed, wantedโ€ฆ.. over to you Liam!ย 

It was obvious what was required watching us last week and again on Tuesday. Liam has been given two players to solve that problem and maybe even a third being added before the window shuts? It really is over to him now and why a number of people were saying "give it 10 or so games"........

• Like 2

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Burnley source on twitter (X) saying 3.2m plus add ons.

I said yesterday that if we paid ยฃ4.5m for him that would be 50% too much.....ยฃ3.2m feels about right. If we have to pay all the add-ons he's done well for us so never any problem with that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Top 10 and improvement apparently. (Tinnion, Senior Reds yesterday). I wasn't there but it was posted on here.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I now expect a serious top 6 challange.ย 

I expected 6th to 10th at this point last season.ย 

Manning has a โŒ๏ธ in the box for failing to get the best out of our existing players.ย 

He's been backed in a similar manner to Lee Johnson.ย 

There simply now needs to be a big improvement.ย 

Over to you Liam...

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

Genuine outfield strength in depth looking at the โ€œmainโ€ players

Tanner/mcrorie
Vyner/atkinson
Dickie/naismith
Pring/roberts

Knight/tgh
Bird/williams

Twine/earthy/yu/sykes/bell/mehmeti/stokes

Fally/sincs/wells

lets hope we can get a tuneย 
ย 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

• The title was changed to Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official
5 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Genuine outfield strength in depth looking at the โ€œmainโ€ players

Tanner/mcrorie
Vyner/atkinson
Dickie/naismith
Pring/roberts

Knight/tgh
Bird/williams

Twine/earthy/yu/sykes/bell/mehmeti/stokes

Fally/sincs/wells

lets hope we can get a tuneย 
ย 

Yes signing more than are replaced generally helps with this.

OUT:

James, King, Weimann, Conway

IN:

Bird, Twine, Earthy, Yu, Armstrong and Fally.

Oh plus Stokes.

20 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

I suppose the club can say they gave Manning every chance now, have we had any public expectations from the board?

Bingo. I am a big LM fan but he has been backed. It may be backed in a responsible way(not lj and ma way) but very fairly backed.ย 
ย 

On paper, i think you can still say this isnโ€™t a top 8 side but that is where LM needs to shine. He came in to play a decent brand of attacking football, to develop players and be someone that can get an extra 10-15% from these types of players. Big pressure on him now. Had a summer with most of the new signings too with ST very familiar with all this. Just Earthy who may take some time to work his way into the squad. ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MythikRobins said:

All this good will and excitement is screaming a terrible match and a Millwall late winner.

It won't be easy against that lot, for sure. Any kind of win, especially if Armstrong gets off the mark, would be very welcome.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I now expect a serious top 6 challange.ย 

I expected 6th to 10th at this point last season.ย 

Manning has a โŒ๏ธ in the box for failing to get the best out of our existing players.ย 

He's been backed in a similar manner to Lee Johnson.ย 

There simply now needs to be a big improvement.ย 

Over to you Liam...

A couple of days ago you said you wanted to wait 10 games before making any predictions about the season, does Twine really impact things that much?

Even with him I don't think we have the depth or quality in key areas to mount a serious play off challenge, looking at some of the other sides who will be there and there abouts I'm not sure we'll have enough, even if we've strengthened from last year

• Like 1

Just now, !james said:

Can we somehow for Earthy and Twine into the same team?ย 

Happy with this weeks deals!ย 

Just what I was thinking how do we have Earthy and Twine in the same line-up?ย  I can only think Earthy will play a wide roll perhaps.ย 

ย