IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

3 minutes ago, Bcfc3660 said:

Not sure whether I feel nervous of excited for tomorrow!

It's ok to feel both tbf as you never know with is 😅 just nice to have the excitement part for a change!

Fully believe Earthy will be a gem. Twine has a lot of expectations on him but we shall see

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

It won't be easy against that lot, for sure. Any kind of win, especially if Armstrong gets off the mark, would be very welcome.

I got no more reactions but - 🔥

Twine goal and a win and I don't think the fanbase could get more excited.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Just what I was thinking how do we have Earthy and Twine in the same line-up?  I can only think Earthy will play a wide roll perhaps. 

Did I read that LM played with 2 10's at MK or have I imagined it?

Not sure how that would work tbh.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, MythikRobins said:

I got no more reactions but - 🔥

Twine goal and a win and I don't think the fanbase could get more excited.

Plus an Earthy goal in front of our visitors from Saff Landan followed by an 'Irons' cross celebration.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A couple of days ago you said you wanted to wait 10 games before making any predictions about the season, does Twine really impact things that much?

Even with him I don't think we have the depth or quality in key areas to mount a serious play off challenge, looking at some of the other sides who will be there and there abouts I'm not sure we'll have enough, even if we've strengthened from last year

I think we need to wait 10 games for LM to find his best side. Probably going to be a lot of up's and down's during that period. However, after such a point, I think we really need to start seeing positive results. As we were told last season, they expected last seasons squad to be challenging the top half the table, so with the players LM has, that has to be the long term ambition this season.

Could not be more delighted!  Halle- Pheckin - lujah!.   We get a proven quality  player who truly wants to come here and wear the City shirt, in Exchange for a young unproven striker (No sleight intended), who no longer wished to wear the shirt and wanted to move on to pastures new, due to his ambition to   challenge himself?  I wish TC well, and hope he achieves his goals, MAINLY.... 'cos of the add on's?   However, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind as to who get's the best of this deal.  All i really want are players who give a 100% and are proud to wear our shirt.......that may be naive, but what the hell!   Ha!          

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A couple of days ago you said you wanted to wait 10 games before making any predictions about the season, does Twine really impact things that much?

Even with him I don't think we have the depth or quality in key areas to mount a serious play off challenge, looking at some of the other sides who will be there and there abouts I'm not sure we'll have enough, even if we've strengthened from last year

Huh? How does my post change that? 

I said I wanted to wait 10 games to see where we are at in terms of progression etc. 

Not wait 10 games before setting my expectations. 

28 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

4 year deal, that's a huge investment. 

27 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Now that would be ironic if that was the fee! 👀👀👀

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Bingo. I am a big LM fan but he has been backed. It may be backed in a responsible way(not lj and ma way) but very fairly backed. 

On paper, i think you can still say this isn’t a top 8 side but that is where LM needs to shine. He came in to play a decent brand of attacking football, to develop players and be someone that can get an extra 10-15% from these types of players. Big pressure on him now. Had a summer with most of the new signings too with ST very familiar with all this. Just Earthy who may take some time to work his way into the squad.  

Well backed ✅✅✅

Good recruitment to the model / profiles ✅✅✅ (you underpay a bit on Armstrong and Mayulu, you overpay a bit on Twine, hey-ho, no issues)

Execution of some bits of the summer 💩💩💩

Why the hell we didn’t do this in May lord onky knows?

2 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Absolute comedy

image.png.89fee60f22cf1d32039c46fed78f86f1.png

Not a good look is it!

Sad Baby GIF

• Robin 1

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Just what I was thinking how do we have Earthy and Twine in the same line-up?  I can only think Earthy will play a wide roll perhaps. 

These days ...........it's a squad game. more like 14 a side than 11?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Great news. Is he in squad tomorrow? Manning has been backed, now deliver! 

So, we just need to re-sign Scott Murray as a 7 & sign Darren Caskey as pie stock manager and it has been another great BCFC day!

Edited by LocoPal

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Well backed ✅✅✅

Good recruitment to the model / profiles ✅✅✅ (you underpay a bit on Armstrong and Mayulu, you overpay a bit on Twine, hey-ho, no issues)

Not a good look is it!

Sad Baby GIF

I guess that they were not certain how much they would get for TC, and wanted to balance the books?.......I believe they were always confident of getting Twine, and just played a waiting game?  Which seems to have paid off?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

I’ll tell you what, if City pull off the Twine deal ALL City fans should clap their hands in appreciation of these summer signings 

Including the owners who would have had a big say in things 

For the new season 

BIRD

HIRAKAW

MAYULU

ARMSTRONG 

STOKES

EARTHY 

TWINE 

Is nothing short of tremendous  

Well done City 🔴⚪🔴

👏👏👏👏👏

I wonder if West Ham were in the loop?

Odd place to send Earthy if he needs game time with grown ups now unless hes more versatile ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Twines back then. 

Mr Manning has done well to get what he wants. 

Good luck to the bloke!

You can just imagine LM in jim jams under the Christmas tree , unwrapping Yu, Sincs, Fally et al and throwing them aside. Suddenly BT comes in saying "Liam ,what's up buddy?" " I didn't get what I really wanted !"      " what's that behind the settee ?"

Unwraps ST and hugs him tightly........... " Oh, Uncle Brian, I really, really wuv you ! "

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Now THIS is a signing that hypes me up, 4 years and a great young talent. Good to see this get done.

Do we get the feeling, that a four year deal, was an actual sticking point now? 🙄 (other than the Conway transfer)

1 minute ago, LocoPal said:

Do we get the feeling, that a four year deal, was an actual sticking point now? 🙄 (other than the Conway transfer)

Nah, no coincidence that it was done and dusted the same day, basically the same hour, as the conway deal. 

Clearly, for whatever reason, we weren’t willing to spend that figure without confirmation of recurring it with the Conway sale. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Odd place to send Earthy if he needs game time with grown ups now unless hes more versatile ?

It'll be intriguing to see how it all is pieced together.

Perhaps we could have some kind of fluid front 3 behind the striker for some games.. 

Yu Earthy Twine

Twine can play left or 10, Yu can play left and right...George and his flexibility? I don't have an Earthly on. ;) Maybe he can drop into a central 3 out of Possession I've really no idea.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

It might be that they like that he has an element of competition for his place as part of his learning experience rather than being inked on the team sheet every single game?

If he can't get minutes competing with Twine/Stokes/Mehmeti then he's unlikely to be ready to challenge Paqeta/Kudus/Bowen next season?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NDW4CITY said:

Or the follow up to the Simple Minds hit: Don't You Forget About Yu

I know it's a bit jockish, but would love to hear Simple Mind's 'Don't You Forget About Yu' in some form from the terraces.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes signing more than are replaced generally helps with this.

OUT:

James, King, Weimann, Conway

IN:

Bird, Twine, Earthy, Yu, Armstrong and Fally.

Oh plus Stokes.

Stokes needs some game time but I reckon he'll force his way into the team or certainly the match day squad.

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Ahh, I expect West Ham know about our injury record for new signings, so Earthy will be a shoe in for when Twine goes off injured  !!!

• Haha 3

• Admin

I'm gonna forget about the fee and just hope for some good performances on the pitch. There's something to be said for signing a player who really wanted to come here.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Jose said:

I’ll say it again as I’m first to have a pop at the club. Fair play for getting it done. 

Me as well. I do think twine has pressure on him as it would seem we’ve paid quite a bit for him & obviously wages that go with it . He needs to do more than I saw last season . However that’s down to manning now. Nice to have tinnion keeping his mouth shut as well. I genuinely hope he goes on to grow in the role as technical director. 
id love to know how much influence biff Newman is having . He seems to around the club a lot . 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well backed ✅✅✅

Not a good look is it!

Sad Baby GIF

Idk. You know that things may not always be straight forward. It is possible Burnley wanted to have a look at him. Maybe they wanted him in case surprise bids came for others. Maybe they could just afford to wait? See if we panic. I think ST was the least important to get done early though would have been nice two weeks ago. Possible we just felt more comfortable knowing what we are getting for TC too. 

I think we look at millions too lightly. These are still huge investments in reality. I am just grateful for a good window. It’s been years since we had one like this and there is genuine potential for a special season.

For all the leaks, the business still looks good. I don’t see much overpay. We got most of it done early. We got to assess the majority of the squad in a pre season. Take out the noise and it looks professionally done imo. Seems messy with the noise but we got everything we wanted. Also feels like mostly top 2-3 choices have been brought in. Didn’t get the feel anyone was a we needed someone so let’s settle. 

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Huh? How does my post change that? 

I said I wanted to wait 10 games to see where we are at in terms of progression etc. 

Not wait 10 games before setting my expectations. 

It was 'I'm going to wait 10 games before drawing any firm conclusions'

Now, after 1 game, it's top 6 or bust for Manning.

Twine is a good addition, but not sure he changes things that much does he?

1 minute ago, WECANDO said:

Stokes needs some game time but I reckon he'll force his way into the team or certainly the match day squad.

Loosing to Coventry in the League Cup, does not help the cause for fringe players, like Stokes at all. They can't push for contention for a first team squad place anymore. Sadly, It really helps no one at all. Just leads to a squad that includes too many unhappy, unutilised players, treading water in training & practice games.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I guess that they were not certain how much they would get for TC, and wanted to balance the books?.......I believe they were always confident of getting Twine, and just played a waiting game?  Which seems to have paid off?

Conway should never have been part of the flow of cash….should've signed Twine in May.  The decision woukd then become how much can you spend on Armstrong / Tommy’s replacement.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Same for Twine. He's been set up as the key player for Manning so will need to deliver consistently.

Do not disagree. It is big responsibility but always thought he looked confident when playing for us. I think it bodes well. Genuine reason to be excited this season imo. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground either. Either Manning gets us in that mix or he doesn’t and goes end of season(assuming it isn’t dreadful). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk. You know that things may not always be straight forward. It is possible Burnley wanted to have a look at him. Maybe they wanted him in case surprise bids came for others. Maybe they could just afford to wait? See if we panic. I think ST was the least important to get done early though would have been nice two weeks ago. Possible we just felt more comfortable knowing what we are getting for TC too. 

I think we look at millions too lightly. These are still huge investments in reality. I am just grateful for a good window. It’s been years since we had one like this and there is genuine potential for a special season.

For all the leaks, the business still looks good. I don’t see much overpay. We got most of it done early. We got to assess the majority of the squad in a pre season. Take out the noise and it looks professionally done imo. Seems messy with the noise but we got everything we wanted. Also feels like mostly top 2-3 choices have been brought in. Didn’t get the feel anyone was a we needed someone so let’s settle. 

It’s not just noise though…but otherwise I agree / see your side too.

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

I must be the only person on OTIB who isn’t arsed about this signing one way or another! I thought he was OK on loan but don’t get all the fuss about him TBH.

No you are not. I was not sure we needed him after signing Earthy. Also a 4 year deal seems a big commitment.

Still Manning has been given what he wanted, so now has to produce the goods.

• Like 13
  • Facepalm 2

43 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Genuine outfield strength in depth looking at the “main” players

Tanner/mcrorie
Vyner/atkinson
Dickie/naismith
Pring/roberts

Knight/tgh
Bird/williams

Twine/earthy/yu/sykes/bell/mehmeti/stokes

Fally/sincs/wells

lets hope we can get a tune 

Decent squad . I’d like to see an upgrade on mcrorie but we can’t have everything . Stokes probably go out on loan now. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think it entirely depends on how big his baps are.

• Haha 4