IGNORED

Scott Twine - Signed on Four Year Deal - Official

BCFC31

Hey, @Kid in the Riot and @Silvio Dante.

Grow up and behave, the pair of you.

I enjoy your posts on various subjects immensely, whether it be cricket, restaurants or even football, but, if I may be so bold, you are both letting yourselves down with this childish bickering.

Just drop it, shake hands and move on - no sarcastic reference to Twine’s signing, Honest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gazred said:

Scott's signing day. Certainly seems popular down the canteen. Good to see you my luv!

Seems a nice lad.  Hope he starts tomorrow.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It was 'I'm going to wait 10 games before drawing any firm conclusions'

Now, after 1 game, it's top 6 or bust for Manning.

Twine is a good addition, but not sure he changes things that much does he?

With twine and Earthy I feel we may get 8th rather then 11th,

Our defense and goal scoring isn't good enough for top 6 at the moment 

@Davefevs

Bristol Live reporting it as 3.2m with add ons. Earlier, you said you believed we had kept on returning with the same offer. Any idea if the 3.2m the same offer or had we moved on what we were willing to pay (if so, presumably as a result of getting money for Conway)?

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Some years ago, I caught an early morning, red eye flight to New York, pretty angry as security held me up, and all I wanted to do was sleep until the plane reached NY.

Lo and behold, the most angelic blonde woman I have ever seen sat down next to me. I sort of smiled awkwardly, received a warm and friendly smile from said bombshell and, after a few minutes of sitting there dumbstruck, I finally managed to say something.

"So, business or pleasure?"

Smiling, she replied, "Business actually! I'm a sexologist, and I'm headed to a conference in New York".

Well, my eyes widened and my breathing intensified, and I managed to say "Oh really?! What does that entail?"

"Well, my particular area of study revolves around sexual trends, stereotypes and myths", she says, "and we've actually discovered some pretty exciting new stuff".

"Like what?"

"Well, you know the myth that black guys have the largest dicks?", she asks.

"Well yeah, everyone knows that one."

"Its actually Irish men", she says with a smirk.

"Wow, I never would've thought of that", I said.

"I know right? Also, you know how they say Italians are the most attentive lovers?", she asks.

"Not really, but i guess it makes sense", I replied.

"Turns out it's actually Jewish Men", she says.

"That one I really didn't expect", I said, laughing nervously.

"Well its true! We've also uncovered some new trends. We recently found out that on average West Country farmers last the longest in bed", she says.

"No kidding!", I said.

"I'm so sorry", the woman says, "Here I am talking all about myself and what I do and I don't even know your name!"

Well, what could I say?

I just held out my hand and introduced myself, "My name is Paddy Berkowitz, but all my friends call me Farmer Giles".

My favourite all-time joke. Only in the version I tell it is native Americans and Jews “Hello, I’m Tonto Goldstein” 🤣

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

@Davefevs

Bristol Live reporting it as 3.2m with add ons. Earlier, you said you believed we had kept on returning with the same offer. Any idea if the 3.2m the same offer or had we moved on what we were willing to pay (if so, presumably as a result of getting money for Conway)?

Pretty sure @Corsham Alf said earlier we offered 2 at first, then went back later with 1.5 (which seems odd, but what do I know?}

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

@Davefevs

Could be a coincidence…but the timing of Twine deal immediately after the Conway deal was interesting - but surely they’ve expected that Conway cash for some weeks??!

Add in the Earthy loan deal only a day or two before which seemed like cover in case we didn’t get Twine…all seems a little odd timing to me but there we go - perhaps it was Burnley budging on their valuation in the end which finally oiled the wheels.

Anyway let’s see how they perform on the pitch, ultimately. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

@Davefevs

No, we had been stuck at £2m for a good while.  We started the summer offering less than that! @Southport Red was the other way around.

I don’t know the exact fee as my attempt to play a game of higher and lower with my mate wasn’t a success.  But he alluded to it being more than £3.2m, so we budged quite a way in the end.  It’ll probably go into my spreadsheets (for now) at £3.2m until such time as I can try to reverse engineer all our transfer fees from the annual accounts.

Re the Conway money, I do and I don’t get the link.  I think it was more a convenience factor, ie we know we’ve had to increase our offer significantly, we’ll use the Conway transfer as an “excuse” (wrong word) to say that we couldn’t go higher before, but now we can.  @Alessandro just seen your reply.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Could be a coincidence…but the timing of Twine deal immediately after the Conway deal was interesting - but surely they’ve expected that Conway cash for some weeks??!

Add in the Earthy loan deal only a day or two before which seemed like cover in case we didn’t get Twine…all seems a little odd timing to me but there we go - perhaps it was Burnley budging on their valuation in the end which finally oiled the wheels.

Anyway let’s see how they perform on the pitch, ultimately. 

I think the timing was more for diplomatic / bad news good news reasons. Both deals had already been done so the announcements were easy to coordinate. 

We have done similar before.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, we had been stuck at £2m for a good while.  We started the summer offering less than that! @Southport Red was the other way around.

I don’t know the exact fee as my attempt to play a game of higher and lower with my mate wasn’t a success.  But he alluded to it being more than £3.2m, so we budged quite a way in the end.  It’ll probably go into my spreadsheets (for now) at £3.2m until such time as I can try to reverse engineer all our transfer fees from the annual accounts.

Re the Conway money, I do and I don’t get the link.  I think it was more a convenience factor, ie we know we’ve had to increase our offer significantly, we’ll use the Conway transfer as an “excuse” (wrong word) to say that we couldn’t go higher before, but now we can.  @Alessandro just seen your reply.

Surely two transfer sagas both culminating on the same day can't be coincidence. Must be connected.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I think the timing was more for diplomatic / bad news good news reasons. Both deals had already been done so the announcements were easy to coordinate. 

We have done similar before.

Timing of announcement, absolutely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Timing of announcement, absolutely.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

See my final para - connected through convenience imho.

Yep - announcement and deal completion different things entirely 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yep - announcement and deal completion different things entirely 

You can only keep them so far apart though now the season has started. Must just he coincimental 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

You can only keep them so far apart though now the season has started. Must just he coincimental 🤷‍♂️

Coincimental may have been a typo, but it’s a brilliant new word!

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

With twine and Earthy I feel we may get 8th rather then 11th,

Our defense and goal scoring isn't good enough for top 6 at the moment 

Our defenCe is pretty sound, and we have no way of knowing how Armstrong and Mayulu will turn out. I'm a little more optimistic than you are and don't forget we have Hirakawa to come too.

Edited by pillred

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

@Davefevs

£3.2m is fair enough. After some hysteria around overpaying it seems like we’ve done a good deal.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

Fair enough. Is that them looking for the money they wanted for him but didn't get?

Nah, its the extra City gave them on top of the £2m they couldn’t go beyond!!!

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Was ironic we’ve waited 8 months to sign Twine as our 10, but we played him on the left and played our 6 replacement in the 10!

Tbf we did to start with but the formation then evolved into a 3-4-2-1 and he played centrally.

The difference between him today and in the loan spell was that he looked like he had a rocket up his arse. Might be due to injury in the loan, might be psychological having joined full time, might be that he was playing in a frenetic game so had to play faster, but his speed of play and thought made a real difference and I’d suggest that 20 minutes was his best period for us. Impossible to really tell anything long term from today in view of the nature of the game, but an undoubtedly positive (second) start

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf we did to start with but the formation then evolved into a 3-4-2-1 and he played centrally.

The difference between him today and in the loan spell was that he looked like he had a rocket up his arse. Might be due to injury in the loan, might be psychological having joined full time, might be that he was playing in a frenetic game so had to play faster, but his speed of play and thought made a real difference and I’d suggest that 20 minutes was his best period for us. Impossible to really tell anything long term from today in view of the nature of the game, but an undoubtedly positive (second) start

Oh yeah, he played well and we won. Fair play to him. 

31 minutes ago, Henry said:

Was ironic we’ve waited 8 months to sign Twine as our 10, but we played him on the left and played our 6 replacement in the 10!

Yeah, great isn’t it that we have two really good players who can comfortably interchange positions. Twine was actually playing in field on the left which gave Pring a lot more space to move into 

We were effectively playing 2 10’s behind Fally 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

TBF his song is superb!

It’s good but the words are wrong

Should do something better with the first part anyway I reckon, first line could be something like When the City really starts to play

• Like 1

I thought his movement and calmness on the ball (given the urgency of the situation) was excellent yesterday. And generally I thought our movement in the final third was much better yesterday - something that’s been an issue in the past. You would like to think that we will be able to break down those stubborn defences now. 

This move is perfect for Twine. More than anything Twine needed stability instead of going on loan constantly. He knows he is our main man here as our Number 10 and so I really believe we are going to get a lot out of him. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

• Like 5

His 1st involvement was a lovely through ball to Bird (would have been a very similar goal to Korey's v Man U), he was then unlucky with the deflected shot & caps it with the winning goal.

Obvs early days etc but if he'd played like that for the majority of his loan spell there would have been few arguments about making him permanent (but ironically we probably couldn't have afforded him!).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Twine’s now scored on both of his City debuts!

Maybe we should cancel his contract now and sign him on a new deal on Friday 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No more Twine signings please

Haha, we loved every minute of it!

Interesting that Manning described it as constant back and forth calls. I wonder what the hell they were discussing when valuations were so far apart?!

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Swindon supporting mate of mine not a happy camper today: “Twine should be tried for treason!” 🤣

Proper club int we? Twiney loves the City obviously, the West country's premier club, by an absolute mile!

When the WURZEL rhythm starts to play

Make us dance, make us sway....

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Swindon supporting mate of mine not a happy camper today: “Twine should be tried for treason!” 🤣

They were a very unhappy bunch when I bumped into a few on the train from Bath Spa on Saturday. Was fantastic to see.

really pleased for ST, and manning. ST comes into the team as Mannings golden boy and Manning has got 'his' man. both of them now have to work their socks off to prove this was a deal worth waiting for, perfect mentor for young GE too,  things are looking very rosie all of a sudden👍

On 17/08/2024 at 09:35, Davefevs said:

It's being reported as a 'deal' of £3.2m, including add-ons, so would that be say £2m + £x when he makes a certain number of appearances, + £x if we get promoted (don't laugh)? I'm not that familiar with how these deals are structured.

• Admin
19 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Twine's just had his Road to Damascus event.

Tell your mate to hit you up when he encounters his own and you'll help him get tickets.

On 16/08/2024 at 15:59, steviestevieneville said:

Me as well. I do think twine has pressure on him as it would seem we’ve paid quite a bit for him & obviously wages that go with it . He needs to do more than I saw last season . However that’s down to manning now. Nice to have tinnion keeping his mouth shut as well. I genuinely hope he goes on to grow in the role as technical director. 
id love to know how much influence biff Newman is having . He seems to around the club a lot . 

One to keep an eye on.