IGNORED

Yeboah - Doncaster loan

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, they trust the Doncaster Head of Medical to not decondition him then? 👀👀👀

Good luck Ephraim, go smash them league two defenders about.

Exactly that so must be a good word from the man himself I hope he takes the chance. 

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, they trust the Doncaster Head of Medical to not decondition him then? 👀👀👀

Good luck Ephraim, go smash them league two defenders about.

Ha ha. This is brilliant. 

So Dave Rennie is now at Doncaster and we are trusting him to not “decondition” our players. 
I suppose Donny won’t have international breaks so Jon need not be concerned 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. This is brilliant. 

So Dave Rennie is now at Doncaster and we are trusting him to not “decondition” our players. 
I suppose Donny won’t have international breaks so Jon need not be concerned 🤣🤣

I expect Jon will demand weekly medical reports from Dave Rennie to cast his expert eye over. There's no beginning end to his talents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised he's got a loan to a League Two club, I'd have thought a National League club would have been his level given he didn't set the world alight at Bath City. Anyway good luck to him and hope he does well.   

• Hmmm 1

I was trying to work out the link to Doncaster beyond Dave Rennie, so just listened to McCann’s interview.  Of course he played at Cheltenham with Jerry Gill (Bath C manager).  It all adds up now.

Shame Tommy Rowe has left this summer, he’d look after him.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Next Taylor Moore or next Antoine Semenyo.... 

Be interesting to see how he progresses.... 

or next Ephraim Yeboah. The lad is still 17. It will be interesting to see how he gets on but his career doesn’t rest entirely on this move.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Next Taylor Moore or next Antoine Semenyo.... 

Be interesting to see how he progresses.... 

Yep - feels like an important season for him.

Interesting that we’ve made such an early decision on loaning him out

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Yep - feels like an important season for him.

Interesting that we’ve made such an early decision on loaning him out

Give him preseason with Donny, give him the best chance of integrating.  Seb went to Newport on 20/7 having done preseason with us.  Guessing mind made up that a loan is best until January minimum.  Seems sensible to me.

• Like 3

From a balance point of view, this may point to this winger we’re close to signing being primarily right sided. Sykes and the newbie compete for the right, Cornick as a fill-in. Mehmeti and Bell compete for the left, Morrison as a fill-in.

Long summer ahead, lots of moving parts yet, but I’d be happy with our wings if that were how the pieces all landed.

I’m still not convinced that, initially, a six month loan at (close to home) Bath City might not have been better.

See how he gets on in ‘Men’s’ football, and then ship him out to Doncaster or whoever.

I do now understand, however, the connection between the two clubs, and perhaps Jerry Gill has suggested he is up to League Two standard.

Time will tell, but Good Luck to the young lad, especially being so far away from home.

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Give him preseason with Donny, give him the best chance of integrating.  Seb went to Newport on 20/7 having done preseason with us.  Guessing mind made up that a loan is best until January minimum.  Seems sensible to me.

Spot on - we’ve seen in the cameos that he’s had at City that he’s clearly a very talented lad and we saw his confidence when taking on opposition Championship defenders.His quick feet were particularly impressive. Nige said back then that he’d have no problem actually starting with him - quite a compliment.

Hopefully he’ll flourish at Donny and produce the goods.It’s good to see another club giving the experience of mens football to our player.

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m still not convinced that, initially, a six month loan at (close to home) Bath City might not have been better.

See how he gets on in ‘Men’s’ football, and then ship him out to Doncaster or whoever.

I do now understand, however, the connection between the two clubs, and perhaps Jerry Gill has suggested he is up to League Two standard.

Time will tell, but Good Luck to the young lad, especially being so far away from home.

It may be that being away from home and his current group of friends might be good for him. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

or next Ephraim Yeboah. The lad is still 17. It will be interesting to see how he gets on but his career doesn’t rest entirely on this move.

I went big on him about 18 months ago saying I think he has all the makings of being the real deal, and will be (sadly) our next huge money sale from the academy. Still think that too. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It may be that being away from home and his current group of friends might be good for him. 

Aye, that is the story.

It’s not right for every player, but from an outside point looking in, I’d favour a loan “away from home”, especially at an EFL club.

I suspect he’ll have some ups and downs there, but he has total belief in himself from what I hear.  McCann is a good football bloke.

• Like 2

He's had some decent experiences already. Bit of first team , local loans in mens football and now a League loan. Could help him grow as a character and a footballer. 
Good chance to progress 

Interesting video.