IGNORED

Tilburg Ticket Info - Get behind the goal.

Tilburg game ticket info announced.

NO RESERVED SEATS

For those who are going, some a proposing creating a red wall behind the South Stand Goal, much like what our Amigos will be doing in the Atyeo. 

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Tilburg game ticket info announced.

NO RESERVED SEATS

For those who are going, some a proposing creating a red wall behind the South Stand Goal, much like what our Amigos will be doing in the Atyeo. 

Thoughts?

NO RESERVED SEATS for season ticket holders - in other words your seat isn't pre-reserved for you

BUT you will still have to choose a seat you will sit in that day

Who are proposing "a red wall"? Surely S82 will be in their usual spot?

Wouldn't imagine enough coming over from Tilburg to created anything other than lots of flags and banners - at present only 3 coaches are coming over (1 supporters club and 2 fan arranged), plus any travelling independently 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I think the only Red wall will likely be one of empty seats for this game.

I get that a few of our fans & their fans have created a bind between them, which is nice - but beyond those involved in that, I can't imagine anyone is in the slightest bit inspired by this game & I'd be surprised if there were much more than 5k in attendance for it, maybe 10k at a push. 

I'm actually amazed that the club have embraced the idea of arranging the game, although I know there have been calls for it for a few years now - I can't help but think it's come frome a vocal & admirally passionate few, who enjoy the unofficial link up with this Dutch club, rather than anything that the majority are interested or possibly even very aware of.

Hope I'm wrong & it's a big success 🤞

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I get that a few of our fans & their fans have created a bind between them, which is nice - but beyond those involved in that, I can't imagine anyone is in the slightest bit inspired by this game & I'd be surprised if there were much more than 5k in attendance for it, maybe 10k at a push. 

I'm actually amazed that the club have embraced the idea of arranging the game, although I know there have been calls for it for a few years now - I can't help but think it's come frome a vocal & admirally passionate few, who enjoy the unofficial link up with this Dutch club, rather than anything that the majority are interested or possibly even very aware of.

Been over lots of times and their lads are great.

Agree with you though.

• Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A friendly vs a European top division club albeit none of the big hitters to round off pre season is not bad IMO. The Willem link aside.

Albeit what was our attendance v Twente in 2017 was it? I didn't make that game.

5,330 (63 away).

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-2-0-fc-twente/

• Thanks 1

I was with one of the Willem 2 lads a couple of weeks ago whilst in Albania and he reckons a fair share of Kingside season ticket holders including all the (Amigos dos Amigos lads) will be making the journey so between 2-500, which is pretty impressive imho.

He said they have a new Director/chairman (no idea) who was keen to get the friendly sorted and that they hoped to get a return fixture sorted next year. I can't see that happening, unless it was a mini tour of Holland which would be amazing for us but maybe not for the Dutch police who I don't think would be too keen on the thought of policing city and Willem lads versus the likes of Feyenoord, Ajax & ADO, it would be absolute chaos, but a lot of fun!

Fingers crossed it's a success as I'd love a pre season tour to my motherland.

PS: Let's hope the g*s are at home same day....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

we had 5k for twente

11k for Ajax one of the biggest names in football and they bought a few fans,

Anywhere between 5k to 10k is probably right for this sort of game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are right

It's a sweetener from the club to the fans in an attempt to build bridges for all the gaffs they've made

• Like 1

11 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The game v Rangers pre-season was good fun. National Anthem before was brilliant. Loads of Rangers fans that had come down the night before and were mashed up on Natch in the park. I'm not sure on the attendance but it was good if memory serves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

The game v Rangers pre-season was good fun. National Anthem before was brilliant. Loads of Rangers fans that had come down the night before and were mashed up on Natch in the park. I'm not sure on the attendance but it was good if memory serves.

Ye was a great friendly, think there was about 8-9k there. Remember it being sweltering hot 

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye was a great friendly, think there was about 8-9k there. Remember it being sweltering hot 

From memory we actually missed out on the proper rangers support for that pre season, they had all already arranged to go sheff wed where they took over half the ground 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 12/06/2024 at 16:03, phantom said:

NO RESERVED SEATS for season ticket holders - in other words your seat isn't pre-reserved for you

Wouldn't imagine enough coming over from Tilburg to created anything other than lots of flags and banners - at present only 3 coaches are coming over (1 supporters club and 2 fan arranged), plus any travelling independently 

Interesting emoji @marmite......

• Facepalm 1

On 12/06/2024 at 17:03, phantom said:

You are right. But there are quite a few travelling independently by car/plane. For example “my group” is coming with 18 people independently. But in the end I guess there will be 300-500 Willem II supporters. 

• Like 6

On 13/06/2024 at 09:21, frenchred said:

I think you are right

It's a sweetener from the club to the fans in an attempt to build bridges for all the gaffs they've made

And what’s a matter with that , how many times have you pissed the mrs off on a Saturday getting home late and drunk from football then spent all day Sunday licking ass  ( I know I have 😂

1 hour ago, redkev said:

And what’s a matter with that , how many times have you pissed the mrs off on a Saturday getting home late and drunk from football then spent all day Sunday licking ass  ( I know I have 😂

Not sure she's let me lick her ass all day! I never said there was anything wrong with it!

Mixture of fans scattered all over the ground. Willem fan heading for a wee shortly before half time, trips and lands on a young city fan. Dad of city fan squares up to Wliiem fan. Bit of pushing and shoving, suddenly all hell breaks lose. Fighting everywhere, fires start in the concourse, Atyeo statue taken back to the Netherlands as ransom. City/Wiilem goes down as one of the most hated yet random rivalries of all time…

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Mixture of fans scattered all over the ground. Willem fan heading for a wee shortly before half time, trips and lands on a young city fan. Dad of city fan squares up to Wliiem fan. Bit of pushing and shoving, suddenly all hell breaks lose. Fighting everywhere, fires start in the concourse, Atyeo statue taken back to the Netherlands as ransom. City/Wiilem goes down as one of the most hated yet random rivalries of all time…

Half Man Half Biscuits follow up to Trumpton Riots?

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Tinnion kidnapped, taken as Willem CEO

• Haha 1