IGNORED

Come on Scotland

• Admin

Never - I'm not Scottish, have no interest in them progressing

I never supported any other country just because a City player was in their squad - absolutely nonsense reason to support a team

They're as crap as Wales and will be back home before they know it

• Like 10

• Admin
1 minute ago, Slacker said:

I support Scotland in exactly the same way they support us.

Exactly, they started the ABE nonsense

Just now, slartibartfast said:

I can't see either of them starting on Friday, hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for Jonathon Pearce to do a jock game !

Just another reason not to tune in

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Crazy that some are wanting a Germany win....and with City players in the Scotland squad. 

Do you want every nation to win just because a City player is in the squad?

Hope they lose every game and our players are relaxing on a beach somewhere by the end of the month

• Like 2

Quite like the Scottish record of never getting past the groups but if ever there was a tournament for me to want them to do better this is it. If McCrorie and Conway are playing then I will be quite happy to see them win focusing on the 2 of them. However should the Scottish team get outclassed like I suspect then would also be pretty quick to laugh at the teams demise. Certainly no real hate towards the Scots from me, and don't really care if they happen to hate the English back or not.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 2

There best hope is somewhere between 0 and 1 point.....and a point would be an achievement?   Sorry but they will be outclassed.  But best of luck to Mc Crorie and that other kid who's granddad came from Stirling?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'll take Scotland getting battered every game with Tommy scoring a couple and McCrorie having some good games and not being at fault for goals 

This is exactly how I look at it. I think I'm prepared to suffer them winning though, if it means TC was getting more goals.

I can't stand Scotland or Germany so certainly won't be rooting for either.

People saying on another thread that players owe clubs (and, by extension, fans) no loyalty whatsoever, that being the case why should I show loyalty to an individual player representing a country I can't stand football-wise just because - until  the moment he gets a better offer - he's a City player? 

• Like 3

It's a funny one for me , I take great joy in Scotland losing, but I must say I'm looking forward to Friday probably more than our game on Sunday.  I want TC & McCrorie to do well , and I want Germany to lose , like I say funny.

I'll take an interesting 2-2 with Tommy scoring and Ross assisting .

• Like 1

Had a good couple up there watching England ,when Kane scored the equaliser a few years back we had a good night in Glasgow afterwards trying hard not to piss ourselves laughing 

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’d support any part of the UK.  When England were failing to qualify back in the day, we were all behind the Scots from what I remember.

I didn't support them in 74 or 78 as we had some great Scottish players at Bristol City in the 70s but none of them got anywhere near a sniff of playing for their country so sod them, I thought and basked in their spectacular failure.

However, now they've got two City lads in their squad so I wish them the best of luck and I have even been checking my roots to find a wee bit of tartan but to no avail.

I shall order some veggie haggis with tatties and neaps on Friday and enjoy the game. 

• Like 2

Once upon a time I ****ing despised them and didn't care at all about Wales but it shows how rivalries change when the matches are less frequent. Don't really care either way about Scotland these days whereas I hope Wales never play a match again :laugh:.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I can't see either of them starting on Friday, hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for Jonathon Pearce to do a jock game !

Tommy this Tommy that centre forward for Bristol city born in Taunton come through the academy scored so many goals this year and so many the year before , Ross mcrorie signed for city , had serious injury think you get my drift 

oh by the way Germany now lead Scotland 3-0   Good old Jonathan Pearce loves the city mind 

• Robin 1

Whereas I genuinely hope Wales get dicked 8.0 every game they play, I don't feel the same way about the Scots.  Possibly the fault of the Heddlu and the manager from hell in a previous job who weaponised their Welshness.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Whereas I genuinely hope Wales get dicked 8.0 every game they play, I don't feel the same way about the Scots.  Possibly the fault of the Heddlu and the manager from hell in a previous job who weaponised their Welshness.

Scots are irrelevant to me, I live far enough away not to be concerned about them, if I lived in Carlisle, it would be different. I don't worry one way or another about their results, but I do want the City contingent to have a good tournament .

• Like 1

Am I right to say the last time Scotland got to a tournament and we didn't was 1978? I can't have seen many people rooting for them here or especially in Wales  joe Jordan punched the ball and the ref gave Scotlland a penalty against wales in the world cup play off at anfield

I'm looking at the bigger picture. I would like any home country to do well in a tournament, especially any team involving our players. It increases the club's media exposure and in turn, the value of the players concerned. I thought we all want that. Its the petty, negative infighting that holds everyone back.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

I support Scotland over Germany

And I think I can safely say if the boot was on the other foot and it was us playing Germany 99.9% of Scots would want us to get hammered.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Do you want every nation to win just because a City player is in the squad?

Hope they lose every game and our players are relaxing on a beach somewhere by the end of the month

No, something to do with the fact they are playing Germany...in case you don't know they are NOT a home nation, but we could have been unless the Scots English Irish and Welsh HOME NATIONS gave up so much.

I have used upper case so you might understand better.

• Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Is anybody excited for the Euros?

Not sure if it’s the crap weather. It all just feels a little flat leading up to the competition.

Don't think last Friday's result (and performance) has helped the mood. I'm sure it will lift once the tournament starts, although I'm not as bullish about our chances as I was 6 months ago. We look light at the back to me, hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

I just can't bring myself to support them. I feel no connection to Scotland, although I like the bits I've been to, especially the Highlands. But unlike say Ireland or Wales, I've no relatives from north of the border.

Plus, they have a (deep fried) chip on each shoulder.

32 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

No, something to do with the fact they are playing Germany...in case you don't know they are NOT a home nation, but we could have been unless the Scots English Irish and Welsh HOME NATIONS gave up so much.

So you still dislike the Germans because of WW2 ?

Tony Blair has caused us a lot more trouble in the past 20 years than the Luftwaffe...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Yes or no?

Although they have our Tommy in their squad, I’m in the no camp.

Silly question  - any Englishman couldn’t possibly want Scotland to win anything and personally I couldn’t give to shits about how they do in the Euro’s. That said I’d be delighted when Germany thrash them and I a predict 4-0 stuffing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I’m buzzing for it! 

But you’re right, I was saying this the other day. I remember in the 90s early 00s that you’d have streets for St George’s crosses hanging from the windows, flags on cars etc 

Supporting England wasn’t classed as being right wing and racist back then 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Don't think last Friday's result (and performance) has helped the mood. I'm sure it will lift once the tournament starts, although I'm not as bullish about our chances as I was 6 months ago. We look light at the back to me, hope I'm wrong.

Light = shite 

I can't stand them = and I can't stand Wales and Ireland either (When it comes to Sport).

These last few years of England being a bit more successful than usual I have noticed an irrational hatred towards the English people from all 3 Nations The hatred they have for the actual English people is absolutely xenophobic and when the English say the same about other nations it is widely, and correctly condemned. 

OK I can understand why they don't like England for historical reasons, but I think since social media has become bigger and bigger its just shown a lot of those people for who they really are, close minded bigots and I'll never support them.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

So you still dislike the Germans because of WW2 ?

Tony Blair has caused us a lot more trouble in the past 20 years than the Luftwaffe...

No, but there is a deep feeling of distrust and unforgiveness in what they did, and would have very much put this country under the German flag unless as a Nation we defended our freedom.

To be frank I find your comments that an ex Prime Minister (in be using your Luftwaffe jibe) to be in poor taste, especially now 80 years after 'D' day.

I see you got a like, probably might get a few more, but don't be fooled into thinking you might be right, you most certainly are not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Think you'll find that a lot of nations made sacrifices. All that "Britain stood alone" bollocks was, well, bollocks.

As for the UK ever being invaded by Germany, you really need to study your history a little better. Compare the German Sealion plan with the allied invasion of Normandy. 

• Like 1

Just now, SecretSam said:

Think you'll find that a lot of nations made sacrifices. All that "Britain stood alone" bollocks was, well, bollocks.

As for the UK ever being invaded by Germany, you really need to study your history a little better. Compare the German Sealion plan with the allied invasion of Normandy. 

Well that's just the response I was expecting, you mentioned Bollocks, very apt.

Of course Hitler would have crossed the Channel , he actually did, you read the history and count the poor dead souls who gave you the freedom to write this sick diatribe.

4 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

No, but there is a deep feeling of distrust and unforgiveness in what they did, and would have very much put this country under the German flag unless as a Nation we defended our freedom.

To be frank I find your comments that an ex Prime Minister (in be using your Luftwaffe jibe) to be in poor taste, especially now 80 years after 'D' day.

I see you got a like, probably might get a few more, but don't be fooled into thinking you might be right, you most certainly are not.

What evidence do you have of a "deep distrust and unforgiveness in what they did" ?

The perpetrators are all dead ffs, as are the evil Japanese who killed 10m civilians. Presume you don't have a single German or Japanese item in your possession do you ....

Germans haven't caused us any harm since 1945 .

How do you feel about Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia by the way ?

Jock Blair has caused this country untold grief in the past 20 years since his arse licking to Dubya Bush in the nonsensical WMD Iraq invasion, and the radicalisation arising from that continues to this day..

Silly Little Britisher mentality.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Natchfever said:

What evidence do you have of a "deep distrust and unforgiveness in what they did" ?

The perpetrators are all dead ffs, as are the evil Japanese who killed 10m civilians. Presume you don't have a single German or Japanese item in your possession do you ....

Germans haven't caused us any harm since 1945 .

How do you feel about Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia by the way ?

Jock Blair has caused this country untold grief in the past 20 years since his arse licking to Dubya Bush in the nonsensical WMD Iraq invasion, and the radicalisation arising from that continues to this day..

Silly Little Britisher mentality.

What evidence? Where do we start, but leave it there for now i don't want to engage with someone who is clearly in denial. 

15 hours ago, 2015 said:

I can't stand them = and I can't stand Wales and Ireland either (When it comes to Sport).

These last few years of England being a bit more successful than usual I have noticed an irrational hatred towards the English people from all 3 Nations The hatred they have for the actual English people is absolutely xenophobic and when the English say the same about other nations it is widely, and correctly condemned. 

OK I can understand why they don't like England for historical reasons, but I think since social media has become bigger and bigger its just shown a lot of those people for who they really are, close minded bigots and I'll never support them.

I'm Scottish. Not a Bristol City fan.

You say that you can't stand the other three nations and then you talk about xenophobic attitudes. :laugh:

Us not liking you has nothing at all to do with England being "success at football" (One trophy in your entire history can hardly be considered "success")

Let's put the shoe on your other foot:

Imaging you're always run by a government that you didn't vote for and a prime minister that you don't choose (the last Prime Minister Scotland voted for who got in was Churchill).

Imagine that you left the EU even though you voted to remain.

Imagine your Gas and Oil reserves were taken by Scotland, basically robbing you of £2 trillion.

Imagine that your entire media has Scottish voices. Your tv is all Scottish shows and Scottish commercials.

Imagine if your political media are all bought and paid for by the Unionist parties in Scotland.

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all have national parties that want independence.

Do you not wonder why no politician in England or party in England want independence?

England are the only Unionist nation that prospers. In this union of inequality, England are the master and the other three are their pets.

English people keep talking about England subsidising Scotland. Fine. Vote for English independence. I would love that. Imagine being in a nation that doesn't have to babysit three wee nations.

England are too scared to go it alone.

Digest all that.

I'm actually heartened to read that very few people here will cheer on Scotland. It's better than the condescending "I want Scotland to do well" shtick.

Oh. And I hope England don't make it out of the group stage. With a right back playing at left back, a potential central defence of Crystal Palace and Aston Villa, an Everton keeper and a full back playing in central midfield...there's a good chance of it happening. :)

#EnglishIndependence

Edited by TheDarkKnight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Ive digested it all and it has no bearing whatsoever on the Scottish football teams frankly embarrassing showing at tournaments since the 1970s, thanks for the peace offering though, I don't even dislike the Scottish team, by the time I started watching tv programmes they were openly laughed at by most pundits, 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Is anybody excited for the Euros?

Not sure if it’s the crap weather. It all just feels a little flat leading up to the competition.

Not really. My country isn't represented, there's so much football on its nauseating, my mates aren't nearly as chatty about it either. 

I didn't even know it was starting this weekend.

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

You say that you can't stand the other three nations and then you talk about xenophobic attitudes. :laugh:

Us not liking you has nothing at all to do with England being "success at football" (One trophy in your entire history can hardly be considered "success")

Imaging you're always run by a government that you didn't vote for and a prime minister that you don't choose (the last Prime Minister Scotland voted for who got in was Churchill).

Imagine your Gas and Oil reserves were taken by Scotland, basically robbing you of £2 trillion.

Imagine that your entire media has Scottish voices. Your tv is all Scottish shows and Scottish commercials.

Imagine if your political media are all bought and paid for by the Unionist parties in Scotland.

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all have national parties that want independence.

Do you not wonder why no politician in England or party in England want independence?

England are the only Unionist nation that prospers. In this union of inequality, England are the master and the other three are their pets.

English people keep talking about England subsidising Scotland. Fine. Vote for English independence. I would love that. Imagine being in a nation that doesn't have to babysit three wee nations.

Digest all that.

I'm actually heartened to read that very few people here will cheer on Scotland. It's better than the condescending "I want Scotland to do well" shtick.

Oh. And I hope England don't make it out of the group stage. With a right back playing at left back, a potential central defence of Crystal Palace and Aston Villa, an Everton keeper and a full back playing in central midfield...there's a good chance of it happening. :)

#EnglishIndependence

Imagine how good and even more superior we would be if we had our first team available!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Digest all that.

#EnglishIndependence

Yes, cant stand them when it comes to Football and Rugby as I said , not as people or Nations.

You just went on to give external reasons to dislike England which I also said I can understand but to hate the people as a whole.

You are wrong that the entire population of England prospers from the Union. I think you mean London does.

I'd want you to do well, I always did when I was younger but then I saw how much you are the ones who hate us and I decided not to bother.

You might be right about England not going through though - I think our side is massively overrated.