IGNORED

Come on Scotland

Slightly biased half time analysis by so called experts?   The Swiss are playing by far the better football, and if that stupid defender had not intervened, then the Swiss keeper would have easily collected a weak Mctominay shot?

Lots of coverage on TV about their tour around Germany and what a tremendous time they all seem to be having. They know that their team is pretty crap yet despite that they’re still enjoying themselves and hoping that they’ll witness history if Scotland beat Hungary 

They’ve apparently become legendary in Germany!

Even tho I’m 100% an Englishman  I wouldn’t mind joining them………:laugh:

• Like 1

Don’t really see what all the fuss is about.

The media overhyping the underdog….”5hit team but look at our fans”, remind you of anyone?

Yes they take numbers but so do a lot of other countries. They our colourful and sing a lot but so do a lot of other countries. They drink and party and apparently don’t cause any trouble but so do a lot of other countries.

i think the only difference between Scotland and most other countries is they all wear skirts!

• Haha 1
  • Flames 3

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of coverage on TV about their tour around Germany and what a tremendous time they all seem to be having. They know that their team is pretty crap yet despite that they’re still enjoying themselves and hoping that they’ll witness history if Scotland beat Hungary 

Don’t see why they get so much of a fawning love in from the media.

Been out in Germany and everyone’s having a great time, Scot’s are no different . Dutch, Albania, Swiss, poles etc all got great numbers and are enjoying the German beer. 

Not all jocks play to the fun loving loser stereotype , one group we met referred to Ross mcRorie as an orange b ****. Told em we ain’t into that sectarian nonsense in the West Country.  

For a good time get out there and follow England (while we’re still in it)!!
Following England away is always a laugh and the Germans are great hosts too. Great country for watching football- for all countries. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Get yer minibus out.....................you've got form.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

You Sir are headed for the guillotine 

It's primarily because Scottish participation is so rare.

They interviewed one bloke who said that he didn't go when he was eighteen as money was tight, he would go next time thinking that would be in four years' time.

Next time turned out to be 2024 when he was 46, hence it's a big event for them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I thought you didn't like Scottish football?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's primarily because Scottish participation is so rare.

They interviewed one bloke who said that he didn't go when he was eighteen as money was tight, he would go next time thinking that would be in four years' time.

Next time turned out to be 2024 when he was 46, hence it's a big event for them.

This is the nail on the head, it's exactly the same when Wales qualify

The sooner they're back home the better 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I was amazed at how many Scots there were in Frankfurt these last few days tbf. Given they aren't even playing there.

And it wasn't like there was loads of fans from other countries there either. Was just England, Danes and Scots basically. 

Only saw good natured banter between England and Scotland fans. 

• Like 1

Had a good look at the draw and it is clear to me that we absolutely have to win the group.

2nd place will probably mean Germany in the next round and if we beat them then Spain.

1st place would be a 3rd place team then someone like Switzerland, Italy or Croatia. 

3rd place would mean either Portugal or whoever wins Belgium's group followed by probably Holland.

Basically don't finish 2nd.  I get that we're playing shit and look hopeless but I'm old enough to remember Italy in 82, Portugal in 2016, Denmark in 92, Greece in 2004.  None of these looked anything like eventual winners in the group stages but ended up winning.  If we can play shit and win for a couple of games perhaps we'll be able to actually peak at the right time?  I won't hold my breath though.

Edited by The Bard
  • Like 2

Come on Hungary!

Cannot wish well the fans and players of a team who recently have been rewatching England's final defeat to Italy and cheering the penalties with as much excitement as if it were their own side winning it 

*******, all of 'em.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 8

Just got back home and spent all day Friday in a bar with about 60 of them . To be totally honest they were brilliant company and me and my mate had a great day drinking with them . The general consensus was that are reputation from years ago will always make us a target for eastern block countries that are 30 years behind the times and secondly There ability to drink all day and still stand late at night is very impressive. Some some top guys who just seem happy to be there and never expect much from the team 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just got back home and spent all day Friday in a bar with about 60 of them . To be totally honest they were brilliant company and me and my mate had a great day drinking with them . The general consensus was that are reputation from years ago will always make us a target for eastern block countries that are 30 years behind the times and secondly There ability to drink all day and still stand late at night is very impressive. Some some top guys who just seem happy to be there and never expect much from the team 

Good to hear mate. One thing that I`ve always wondered is do they like most nations put their club rivalry aside when following the national side? It`s obviously so much more ingrained and about far more than football north of the border.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Good to hear mate. One thing that I`ve always wondered is do they like most nations put their club rivalry aside when following the national side? It`s obviously so much more ingrained and about far more than football north of the border.

Celtic and rangers sat together but you get a huge amount of the smaller clubs fans going to watch the national team .had some very interesting conversations with a lot of them and when there are only 2 of us in our 50,s sat with them we were made very welcome 

• Thanks 1

I think Clarke will stick with Ralston even though there's a mistake in him every game and cost them two points v the Swiss. I just don't think he's seen enough of McCrorie to trust him.

Upfront he will be predictable with Wancland over Adams as they'll have more posession but I think a fresh perspective curveball would be to start Tommy as the Hungarians won't know what to expect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think Clarke will stick with Ralston even though there's a mistake in him every game and cost them two points v the Swiss. I just don't think he's seen enough of McCrorie to trust him.

Upfront he will be predictable with Wancland over Adams as they'll have more posession but I think a fresh perspective curveball would be to start Tommy as the Hungarians won't know what to expect.

I think that's it , Clarke has seen little of Ross and nothing of Tommy. In such an important game he is unlikely to risk new players, though I think it's riskier playing Ralston. 

As for TC , I think it will take more than chasing the game Dave . I think it will take maybe an injury as he is very much last man in. Maybe late on when one striker has already been swapped and they need a goal. If they throw caution to the wind and play 2 up top. Sadly I can't see Tommy getting on, Ross maybe, when Ralston drops another bollock.

• Admin
2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just like having a pint with any other person on a foreign holiday, everybody gets on 99% of the time 

Eastern block teams are quickly realising they're behind the times and let them get on with it 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Guess there’s a chance Clarke might pick McCrorie over Ralston tonight.

Think Tommy only gets on if Scotland chasing a result.

Woss reckon?

Shankland will be second choice, didn't honestly expect TC to be involved and would be very surprised if he was anywhere near playing tonight 

6 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

I thought you didn't like Scottish football?

I don’t rate Scottish football BR but the Tartan Army are a great advertisement for their country.

Unfortunately England fans have a dreadful reputation throughout Europe with all the violence and chaos they’ve been involved in that the dimwits have created.

Nobody every hears of a bunch of pissed up Jocks causing the same type of headlines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Come on Hungary!

Cannot wish well the fans and players of a team who recently have been rewatching England's final defeat to Italy and cheering the penalties with as much excitement as if it were their own side winning it 

*******, all of 'em.

Of course they did...as serial underdogs they can't be blamed, show some class not petty bitchy rivalry, and all those 'lil likey warriors that are so sad too 

COME ON SCOTLAND.

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just like having a pint with any other person on a foreign holiday, everybody gets on 99% of the time 

Eastern block teams are quickly realising they're behind the times and let them get on with it 

Shankland will be second choice, didn't honestly expect TC to be involved and would be very surprised if he was anywhere near playing tonight 

Tournament football is not really like a foreign holiday to be honest mate ,but that’s my opinion 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Woss reckon?

I would be surprised to see Tommy get on personally, unless Scotland are a few goals behind with no chance of getting anything. If it is effectively game over he may come on at the death.Just guessing though.Probably same with Ross.

Edited by Slacker

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

From what I’ve seen in Frankfurt (and it was full of them) there’s been very little difference between Scots and English. All this about Scots being the best fans has been as big a myth as German efficiency from my experience.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was amazed at how many Scots there were in Frankfurt these last few days tbf. Given they aren't even playing there.

And it wasn't like there was loads of fans from other countries there either. Was just England, Danes and Scots basically. 

Only saw good natured banter between England and Scotland fans. 

I guess it’s very central between where they have played so it’s a decent base, good links to Munich by train and then between Cologne and Stuttgart. Probably half an eye on finishing 3rd which sees them return to cologne or play in Frankfurt.

• Like 1

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t rate Scottish football BR but the Tartan Army are a great advertisement for their country.

Unfortunately England fans have a dreadful reputation throughout Europe with all the violence and chaos they’ve been involved in that the dimwits have created.

Nobody every hears of a bunch of pissed up Jocks causing the same type of headlines.

You're talking about England from tournaments ago, we've been voted fans of the tournament more recently than all that 

36 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Tournament football is not really like a foreign holiday to be honest mate ,but that’s my opinion 

I meant as in people from all clubs etc sit down and drink with each other 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Me and my dad are in the pub in our City shirts for Ross and Tommy. Don’t usually care for Scotland but I will tonight.

How is Ross not starting by the way? That Ralston is ass.

Edited by BCFCGav

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Woss reckon?

Surprised to see Ralston survive for tonight’s game as from what I’ve seen of him, he’s been poor

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not bothered either way about Scotland but would be nice for one of our two to at least get on the pitch in what might be their last game.

If they're 3-0 up with added time left, and they have subs left to make, then absolutely our boys should get on.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not bothered either way about Scotland but would be nice for one of our two to at least get on the pitch in what will be their last game.

I’ve corrected that for you GC 

• Robin 1

Random question - has TC played a competitive game for Scotland or just friendlies? In theory (and I'm not suggesting he's at this level) if he didn't play today could he still switch allegiance to another country - like England?

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He was. Replaced tonight by Callum Styles!

Yep. Replaced by a bloke who last season played left back for Barnsley in league 1. Ha ha. 

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What`s with the shorts? They look like something I was wearing poolside in Majorca around 1996.

The Swiss ones are particularly nasty. Two-tone red 😬

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Worst game of the tournament this. No quality on show at all.

Looks like a bottom half of the table Championship game.

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Eng vs Den?

Denmark were miles better than this.

• Like 2