IGNORED

Come on Scotland

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I'm Scottish. Not a Bristol City fan.

You say that you can't stand the other three nations and then you talk about xenophobic attitudes. :laugh:

Us not liking you has nothing at all to do with England being "success at football" (One trophy in your entire history can hardly be considered "success")

Let's put the shoe on your other foot:

Imaging you're always run by a government that you didn't vote for and a prime minister that you don't choose (the last Prime Minister Scotland voted for who got in was Churchill).

Imagine that you left the EU even though you voted to remain.

Imagine your Gas and Oil reserves were taken by Scotland, basically robbing you of £2 trillion.

Imagine that your entire media has Scottish voices. Your tv is all Scottish shows and Scottish commercials.

Imagine if your political media are all bought and paid for by the Unionist parties in Scotland.

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all have national parties that want independence.

Do you not wonder why no politician in England or party in England want independence?

England are the only Unionist nation that prospers. In this union of inequality, England are the master and the other three are their pets.

English people keep talking about England subsidising Scotland. Fine. Vote for English independence. I would love that. Imagine being in a nation that doesn't have to babysit three wee nations.

England are too scared to go it alone.

Digest all that.

I'm actually heartened to read that very few people here will cheer on Scotland. It's better than the condescending "I want Scotland to do well" shtick.

Oh. And I hope England don't make it out of the group stage. With a right back playing at left back, a potential central defence of Crystal Palace and Aston Villa, an Everton keeper and a full back playing in central midfield...there's a good chance of it happening. :)

#EnglishIndependence

You did have a vote, to go your own way. And, er, you didnae vote tae go your own way 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

You say that you can't stand the other three nations and then you talk about xenophobic attitudes. :laugh:

Us not liking you has nothing at all to do with England being "success at football" (One trophy in your entire history can hardly be considered "success")

Imaging you're always run by a government that you didn't vote for and a prime minister that you don't choose (the last Prime Minister Scotland voted for who got in was Churchill).

Imagine your Gas and Oil reserves were taken by Scotland, basically robbing you of £2 trillion.

Imagine that your entire media has Scottish voices. Your tv is all Scottish shows and Scottish commercials.

Imagine if your political media are all bought and paid for by the Unionist parties in Scotland.

Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all have national parties that want independence.

Do you not wonder why no politician in England or party in England want independence?

England are the only Unionist nation that prospers. In this union of inequality, England are the master and the other three are their pets.

English people keep talking about England subsidising Scotland. Fine. Vote for English independence. I would love that. Imagine being in a nation that doesn't have to babysit three wee nations.

Digest all that.

I'm actually heartened to read that very few people here will cheer on Scotland. It's better than the condescending "I want Scotland to do well" shtick.

Oh. And I hope England don't make it out of the group stage. With a right back playing at left back, a potential central defence of Crystal Palace and Aston Villa, an Everton keeper and a full back playing in central midfield...there's a good chance of it happening. :)

#EnglishIndependence

You're not one of The Proclaimers, are you...?

The Scotch are beside themselves on television and radio with the numbers of Tartan army in Munchen - which is simply 200,000 blokes on piss-up ie doing what they would be doing this Friday/weekend but doing it an hour and a half away by aeroplane. 

I think I heard Newsnight's Kirsten Wark gush on R4 earlier: "there's 200,000 here ... that's one fifth of the population" which doesnae bode well for election night .....

19 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

No, but there is a deep feeling of distrust and unforgiveness in what they did, and would have very much put this country under the German flag unless as a Nation we defended our freedom.

To be frank I find your comments that an ex Prime Minister (in be using your Luftwaffe jibe) to be in poor taste, especially now 80 years after 'D' day.

I see you got a like, probably might get a few more, but don't be fooled into thinking you might be right, you most certainly are not.

Nazi Germany was very reluctant to fight Britain. It was not what they wanted at all. Hitler admired the British Empire and saw British people as Germanic. 

In the event they did manage to conquer the UK, their occupation would have been very different to their administration of their annexations in Eastern Europe. 

There is no reason to distrust a whole people 80 years on.

19 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Think you'll find that a lot of nations made sacrifices. All that "Britain stood alone" bollocks was, well, bollocks.

As for the UK ever being invaded by Germany, you really need to study your history a little better. Compare the German Sealion plan with the allied invasion of Normandy. 

To be fair, “Britain stood alone” is shorthand for “the British Empire” - although not everyone understands this.

• Like 2

Not fussed either way how Scotland do, but win lose or draw I hope Tommy gets a hat trick in every game, I'm sure he'll be leaving us soon and a good tournament will add a wedge to his selling price. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

What evidence? Where do we start, but leave it there for now i don't want to engage with someone who is clearly in denial. 

Humour me and make a start with just a little evidence of the deep mistrust Germans are held in in this country.

Please don't quote the Sun or Mirror football headlines which get dusted off anytime we play them.

My family of the WWII generation fought the Germans or hid in Andersen shelters whilst the Luftwaffe was bombing the shit out of St Philips and none of them ever expressed anything approaching dislike of them, Nazis aside.

Keep digging that hole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

(A lot of nationalist drivel)

:)

#EnglishIndependence

The first bite from a Scott I've seen, can't wait for the many more as they get battered each game. 

#WishYouLeftIn2014

• Haha 1

Really struggling to get any enthusiasm for this tournament. No jeopardy in the group stages with 3 teams to qualify. 

Will watch tonight and keep half an eye on the England games but beyond that it's all a bit meh until the QF's imo.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Really struggling to get any enthusiasm for this tournament. No jeopardy in the group stages with 3 teams to qualify. 

Will watch tonight and keep half an eye on the England games but beyond that it's all a bit meh until the QF's imo.

Got to say I’ve never been so under-prepped for a major tournament as this one.  Ok, I haven’t bought sticker albums for years, but I’d normally have all the games in my calendar, swatting up on stuff, etc.  haven’t done any of that.  Think the two friendlies didn’t help, they didn’t feel like normal pre-tourny friendlies.  I didn’t even know it was 3 to qualify.

• Like 2

• Admin

Dunno if it's already been raised but if Scotland progress, City get more money from UEFA for Tommy and Ross being released to represent Scotland. So yes, I want Scotland to progress, so it benefits City.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Digest all that.

#EnglishIndependence

Jesus Nicola focus on getting Peter out the shite, or he'll be drenken buckie with the neds down in Glasgows best parks.

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

You're not one of The Proclaimers, are you...?

To be fair, when Hibs sing this, it's brilliant.

I don't particularly care who wins tonight but as I have a fair few German friends.

AUF GEHTS DEUTSCHLAND

image.png.0bbfe211a18037a6d1bc24fc20aedad7.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Got to say I’ve never been so under-prepped for a major tournament as this one.  Ok, I haven’t bought sticker albums for years, but I’d normally have all the games in my calendar, swatting up on stuff, etc.  haven’t done any of that.  Think the two friendlies didn’t help, they didn’t feel like normal pre-tourny friendlies.  I didn’t even know it was 3 to qualify.

It's top two from the six groups plus the four best third placed teams. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, when Hibs sing this, it's brilliant.

I don't particularly care who wins tonight but as I have a fair few German friends.

AUF GEHTS DEUTSCHLAND

image.png.0bbfe211a18037a6d1bc24fc20aedad7.png

Quite agree. I do like scarfs at this kind of thing…

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sick of Scots being all over every feckin TV show today 

Not unlike when the Welsh make one of their infrequent visits to a tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 12/06/2024 at 16:03, Alan Dicks said:

Yes or no?

Although they have our Tommy in their squad, I’m in the no camp.

No thanks, I hope Germany put 10 past them. 

• Like 2

On 13/06/2024 at 13:59, cotswoldred2 said:

Well that's just the response I was expecting, you mentioned Bollocks, very apt.

Of course Hitler would have crossed the Channel , he actually did, you read the history and count the poor dead souls who gave you the freedom to write this sick diatribe.

Like I said, read some proper history. Maybe broaden your mind.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The Scots midfield is useless, they aren't getting back to defend, they aren't getting forward to support the strikers and the Germans are just bypassing them.

Thanks, Ali

7 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Line of 5,line of 4 and a traffic bollard up front, football from the dark ages

Cousin It would run quicker than Adams. McGin looks like his legs are tied together.

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Yes, yes, I believe you

I am pleased to receive your affirmation, it's like a chocolate teapot. The pub is called The Valley in Bishopston (in the Gower) and they haven't put the sound because of people eating meals complaining. But of course you would presumably need a copy of my receipt as proof or something.