IGNORED

Come on Scotland

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, I’m a bit aggrieved Hungary scored. I don’t think they deserved it any more than Scotland did. 

Agree, both shite.

That number 9 who came on was litter, him against Grant Hanley looked like League One football.

Has to put questions on Clarke leaving both Ross and Tommy on the bench when they needed to go and win the game. I know we’re biased but equally there was zero change in dimension when they made the changes they did. 

Still, not too bothered, it’s not like the Scots would want us to succeed. Plus I have Hungary on the sweep so happy days!

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, I’m a bit aggrieved Hungary scored. I don’t think they deserved it any more than Scotland did. 

I think they were the better team, which isn't saying much. It never really looked like Scotland were going to score for me, whereas Hungary at least had a few chances.

They had ~5x the xG Scotland did.

1 minute ago, Ecko said:

All the Scottish sympathisers, cast your minds back to when we lost against Italy all the parties they had. **** them 

Just because some Scottish fans are horrible, doesn't mean I have to be horrible.  I'm just disappointed he didn't throw Tommy on.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Just because some Scottish fans are horrible, doesn't mean I have to be horrible.  I'm just disappointed he didn't throw Tommy on.  

**** them. Tommy was never going to get any gametime. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

But dear boy, as you well know, sometimes the lesser team (if that even applies) win.....they did what's important.

Am I alone in thinking that was no way a penalty ? Armstrong got in front , slammed on the brakes and seemed to dangle his left leg out to force the contact . I thought it was the right decision . 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Ecko said:

All the Scottish sympathisers, cast your minds back to when we lost against Italy all the parties they had. **** them 

It’s like Rovers though. Part of the reason I enjoy showing no ill will is because it makes them look like petty arseholes.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Am I alone in thinking that was no way a penalty ? Armstrong got in front , slammed on the brakes and seemed to dangle his left leg out to force the contact . I thought it was the right decision . 

Armstrong pretty much wrestled him to the ground. Watching live I thought it was a stonewall penalty but the replay definitely shows no foul. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

German TV saying there was an offside in the build up, hence no VAR review of the penalty 

Said that on WhatsApp group, thought Armstrong had gone early.

Corsie summary is good.

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Pretty sure that Ralston won his place in their side by collecting five tokens from the back of Rice Krispies boxes.

A competition winner if ever I saw one. 

He wasn't that good. Probably wouldn't make Highland League level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ecko said:

**** them. Tommy was never going to get any gametime. 

They were crying out for a bit of pace up front in that last thirty when they had to score. Clarke went with what was safe!

When they HAD to do something they stuck with Irn Bru n Mars Bars, metaphorically 

Edited by REDOXO

12 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Has to put questions on Clarke leaving both Ross and Tommy on the bench when they needed to go and win the game. I know we’re biased but equally there was zero change in dimension when they made the changes they did. 

Still, not too bothered, it’s not like the Scots would want us to succeed. Plus I have Hungary on the sweep so happy days!

They've been playing in better competitions all season than the majority of the jocks !

Poor effort from Scotland when they needed a win, neither team really deserve to be in the last 16 but them especially, worst game of the tournament I have seen so far although it opened up at the end it really had to. For me the penalty shout wasn't as clear as the pundits making out either, no bad luck they just lack quality at this level.

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Feel sorry for their fans, but they are a very poor side...............serves them right for not bringing TC on      

Not a chance. Maybe they can drown their sorrows watching more re-runs of England v Italy.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

Scotland just don't have enough quality. This game only came alive with 10 minutes to go. I got the impression the Scots were trying to keep hold of posession & hoping for a lucky break, nothing more. I thought Hungary just about deserved it as they looked far more dangerous as the game limped on. Its a shame they didn't up the tempo earlier as the longer the match wore on it made it more edgy and even.

I just think the occasion got the better of them. Maybe it might have been different if Tommy played as an unknown quantity for the Hungarians although Nagy would've known about him but it looks like Clarke only trusts certain players and hasn't seen enough to trust him.

Completely wrong mindset and approach from Clarke. I understand not trying to lose, but not trying to win is criminal.

We’ve seen what cautious football can do to a star studded England team. It’s even more devastating to a solid, but not spectacular, Scotland squad. Che Adams had about five touches all tournament.

I’m going to predict Moyes as the new manager. It may well be more of the same, but at least he’d have a plan B.

• Like 1

The similarity of the exasperation at the match officials failure to recognise foul play and the irony of the ref being an Argy (!), the pleasure in witnessing the Scotch "It’s not fair!" whining and greetin' tastes so satisfying this sunny morning.

What goes around comes around, bonny Scotchland. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, North London Red said:

German TV saying there was an offside in the build up, hence no VAR review of the penalty 

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Said that on WhatsApp group, thought Armstrong had gone early.

Corsie summary is good.

This is being ignored on the TV channels this morning, I guess it doesn't fit the narrative of "unlucky, hard done by, Scotland".

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is being ignored on the TV channels this morning, I guess it doesn't fit the narrative of "unlucky, hard done by, Scotland".

Whereas if it was England the offside in the build up would have been gleefully pointed out so that the sticks could carry on beating.

4 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

The similarity of the exasperation at the match officials failure to recognise foul play and the irony of the ref being an Argy (!), the pleasure in witnessing the Scotch "It’s not fair!" whining and greetin' tastes so satisfying this sunny morning.

What goes around comes around, bonny Scotchland. 

You just know if it had been England in their shoes, those same people would be on saying “you lost. Get over it”

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Or perhaps there are just others ahead of him (in terms of Scotland selection for style of play), like there were before Dykes got injured.

True, but I’d have fancied Conway with that chance one on one. I don’t think he’d be trying to buy a penalty that’s for sure!

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And a handful of the defenders shirt. Can easily see why VAR wouldn’t overrule or say it’s a clear mistake 

• Facepalm 1